Episode 3: Return of the Michigan Guild

The varied peoples of Middle-earth at times found unity in their pursuits, and all too often experienced deep rifts. Engage in lively conversations as we banter about the differences between the Alliances, and recruit for our People as well. Remember, keep it friendly.

Postby Arwenelf » Sun May 24, 2009 8:21 pm

Nice! That class does sound quite interesting, and anthropology eh? Very cool. Such a small world, I'm living right on Gull lake (right across from the Ice shack, which is an icecream store in the marina).

Anything interesting to do in Battle Creek? I'm always looking to do fun things...it gets quite boring. Actually, I picked up a paint by number to help with the boredom.
Arwenelf
Ranger of the North

Postby Arwenelf » Sun May 24, 2009 8:21 pm

Nice! That class does sound quite interesting, and anthropology eh? Very cool. Such a small world, I'm living right on Gull lake (right across from the Ice shack, which is an icecream store in the marina).

Anything interesting to do in Battle Creek? I'm always looking to do fun things...it gets quite boring. Actually, I picked up a paint by number to help with the boredom.
Arwenelf
Ranger of the North

Postby oldtoby » Sun May 31, 2009 5:47 pm

I'll be back in Michigan on friday. So I need you all to set up a proper greeting ceremony so I can greet my adoring fans. I think a band, a large key and as many notable personalitys as can be collected in one place should be sufficient.
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby Arwenelf » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:38 pm

*sets up a marching band, 10 gun salute, and other random people to welcome toby*

Went to battle creek on monday, and I ate at some restaraunt that started with a C by the kellogg factory. It smelled like cereal!
Arwenelf
Ranger of the North

Postby Mithnen » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:04 pm

Arwenelf wrote:Nice! That class does sound quite interesting, and anthropology eh? Very cool. Such a small world, I'm living right on Gull lake (right across from the Ice shack, which is an icecream store in the marina).

Haha, small world indeed! I've actually gotten ice cream there when I went out on my friend's boat once. And sorry, but BC is not much more entertaining than Gull Lake. Maybe when I turn 21 next Monday I'll find some more interesting things to do, though :wink:

Ah, Toby, Michigan thanks you for returning. I don't know where you were but not many people these days leave & actually come back :D
Mithnen
Ranger of the North

Postby oldtoby » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:19 pm

Well looks now like ill be back for a while this summer, since im getting laid off in a week
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby Arwenelf » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:43 pm

Oh no Toby! How come? That's not good. What are you going to do in MI?

Mith--Ooh, happy early b-day! Haha, nice. Still in classes (Doesnt the first half of the summer classes end Sat?)? My hang out is not Biggby Coffee on Gull Rd, especially since I have no air conditioner in my house.

It was way too hot today and yesterday! I spent 8hrs outside today, and I thought I was going to die...I must have sweated off twenty pounds or so....But tomorrow is Friday, woot!

Heh, there is a group of people talking and I am trying to easedrop without them knowing...they need to talk louder darnit!
Arwenelf
Ranger of the North

Postby oldtoby » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:52 pm

How come? That's not good. What are you going to do in MI?

cause sales are down and our main printer cant let us print on credit anymore. I dont know what im going to do if i come, probably stay in GR for a bit and then head up to my parents.
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby Arwenelf » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:51 pm

Ahh, sounds like a good time in MI :) Let me know if you come, you Sil and I could have a mini moot (and whomeever else wants to come).
Arwenelf
Ranger of the North

Postby oldtoby » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:11 am

well I wont be coming up, it would cost me more than i'd save.
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby Arwenelf » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:29 pm

Thats too bad. :(

How is everyone doing?
Arwenelf
Ranger of the North

Postby Mithnen » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:57 pm

Sorry you couldn't make it up to the Mitten, toby, and sorry about the layoff. That sucks :(

Well, I've been pretty good. I ended up getting a "BA" in the class (which means like a B+/A-) which is cool because it upped my GPA to almost a 3.0. I really really need my GPA to get better. I'm hoping to do a study abroad next spring semester in South Africa and I need at least a 3.0 to qualify for any of the scholarships.

I've also been on quite a few adventures this summer! My brother had a a baseball tournament in Nashville, TN so my parents turned it into a family vacation, which was nice (except for the fact that Steve McNair was murdered while I was there...). Then I went to Washington DC last weekend to visit one of my friends who's doing an internship with the Library of Congress. Then I went to the Incubus concert at DTE on Sunday, and I'll also be going there for the Blink-182 concert at the end of August. And this weekend I'm going to Dublin, OH for a dance competition and a super-awesome Irish festival!

And my lip is healing pretty well after my accident a few weeks ago. It's still not normal but at least now it looks more normal than it feels :D

Ah, long update! It's been a pretty eventful time lately :D
Mithnen
Ranger of the North

Postby Arwenelf » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:12 pm

Mith- Sounds like you;re having a great summer! Congrats on the GPA:) South Africa is an amazing place, if you go try to go up and visit Botswana (I love and miss that country dearly).

I'm apt sitting for a co-worker this week, yay! You've probably heard of them mithy (Gull Run Apts). I've decided I'm not leaving. Not until this job is done.
Arwenelf
Ranger of the North

Postby Mithnen » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:20 pm

Well you know you can't leave a job half-finished! Hehe, yeah, I've actually driven past that complex before & they look like amazing units. So fancy! :D When does your co-worker get back?
Mithnen
Ranger of the North

Postby Arwenelf » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:48 am

Sorry it's been a long time since I've been on TORC! I've been busy.

How is everyone?
Arwenelf
Ranger of the North

Postby Arwenelf » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:43 pm

Helllooooo cold MI! How is everyone doing? Enjoying the fall? Could you please send some to me?! I am currently in the Philippines and am roasting to death. One more week here, and then off to Cambodia. I hope school is going well for everyone and that you are all surviving.
Arwenelf
Ranger of the North

Postby Highdruid_Cairns » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:09 pm

Greetings fellow Michigander, or ex-Michiganders as it seems some have moved away!

Glad to see the Mitten is fairly well represented on the forum here! I just joined the other day and I am enjoying my time spent on here!

Talk to you all later! :)
Highdruid_Cairns
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Vanaladiel » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:27 pm

HighDruid are you from the North, South, East or West side of the state??? I often visit in the south west portion of the state each year.
Image Spring come quickly!!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Highdruid_Cairns » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:14 pm

Vana I am pretty much right in the middle of the state.

Right about the middle knuckle of your left hand. :rofl: I only laugh cause we use the back of our hand to explain where we live. :D
Highdruid_Cairns
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Vanaladiel » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:37 pm

Well we have been coming to Michigan since 06' We have been to Kalamazoo and Holland, Saugatuck for the Paddle boat rides and Watervliet to visit friends by Paw Paw lake. We are hoping to get there again this summer so we will have to let you know so that perhaps we can catch up with each other. We love going to Bilbo's Pizza and St. Joes for shopping and Deep Fried Pickles.

We try to fly into South Bend Indiana but have passed through Detroit. I hate Detroit's airport though.
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Highdruid_Cairns » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:04 pm

I am about an hour and a half north of Kalamazoo.

If you get the chance, you should visit northern Michigan (not the UP unless you want to) but the coast along Lake Michigan is absolutely gorgeous.

Ludington is nice, and so is Traverse City.

Do you come to MI just for a vacation or to see family at all?
Highdruid_Cairns
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Vanaladiel » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:19 pm

We come to visit other TORCers that we have known for a very long time. :D We have family in Indiana too though. :D
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Previous

Return to Alliances and Guilds: The Peoples of Middle-earth