Episode 3: Return of the Michigan Guild

The varied peoples of Middle-earth at times found unity in their pursuits, and all too often experienced deep rifts. Engage in lively conversations as we banter about the differences between the Alliances, and recruit for our People as well. Remember, keep it friendly.

Postby Arwenelf » Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:58 pm

Haha, that would be amusing :) Pirates are fun! He could wear a big hat, and maybe being a pirate would be less toasty.

Done with my paper, yay! I worked on it from 11-9 yesterday and 2-4 today. Its probably not the greatest, but its done...

I learned that rodents carry a deadly disease (I forgot what its called), but most people who get it are women cleaning out closets that have mice scat in it. But yea, not going to tell my mom about it...she's worried I'll get rabies from getting bit while doing my study on the mammals in an old growth white pine forest around here. Ecologist who study rodents are at super high risk for this thing. The cdc tested a bunch of them at a conferance and about 4 out of 60 or so had it....

I actually have been feeling smart up here. A lot of people haven't done water testing, or lab reports before. And I know things that no one else does :) Yay!
Arwenelf
Ranger of the North

Postby luthienelflover » Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:02 am

Heh, yeah, I could let him wear my hat. I'd have to actually get myself some good headwear then, though. :P Hmm... an attifet might look nice with my gown... :whistle:

I'll feel him out about it. =:) I have some good piratey patterns I was going to use for myself but which I could probably adapt to him pretty easily. That's a very good idea, actually!

Unfortunately I can't make a new dress this summer, which is really too bad because I was beginning to plan one out... but without having a job (I'm just volunteering this summer, not working at Meijer again, Nen, thank goodness :D) it can't happen. B^ Last summer I kind of spent all the money I made on the painting I commissioned and my blue gown. :whistle:

Tim was in Ann Arbor for a while at the end of May. He had to leave because of his job (jobs! Who needs them! *shifty eyes*) but I might be going down to Kentucky this weekend...? I'm not sure, because I have to figure out when one of the cars is going to be free. We have three now but one, unfortunately, does not run which makes it a little difficult to rely on. :P:P
Alex :heart:
luthienelflover
Herald of Manwe

Postby GwenElf » Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:16 am

Weren't we all going to go to Faire as pirates this year? Remember our study on pirate colour schemes? =:)

Your garb would look good with an attifet--you should try it! More buckram! :D

Uh-oh, Nen's gonna get rabies!!! :shock: At least you'll be smart while you're rabid! :D Yay for out-knowing people. That's always encouraging. :clap:
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby Arwenelf » Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:42 pm

Luthy- Glad to hear you aren't working there again! That was awful there. Painting you commissioned? Did I hear about this? How far away is KY? Have fun if you do go, and be safe :) I bet you miss him.

Man, I wish I could go to the renn fest :( I missed it last summer as well. And next summer I might be working at school for the last two weeks of Aug. Hmm...

Sil- hehe, yea.

Went sailing tonight. Tis was fun.
Arwenelf
Ranger of the North

Postby oldtoby » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:35 pm

Whats everyone doing for da 4th? :)
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby Arwenelf » Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:07 am

Visiting Sil :) Yay for friends and for getting off campus! And hopefully getting a latte.

How about you?

1 1/2 weeks left of school. And I have no homework to do today! Huzzah! I spent all yesterday, friday and thursday doing it.
Arwenelf
Ranger of the North

Postby oldtoby » Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:00 pm

I aint doing much, probably gonna see whos got fireworks displays goin an watch that, thats about it.
Last edited by oldtoby on Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby GwenElf » Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:13 pm

... are there lattes up here? :?

Heads up, Nen--the boat is on the fritz. :shock: Pray hard!
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby luthienelflover » Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:01 pm

AWW!!! Look at the fuzzy wolf!

SO CUTE!!!

*dies*

I have no idea what I'm doing for the fourth. I fail at planning ahead. B^
Alex :heart:
luthienelflover
Herald of Manwe

Postby Arwenelf » Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:48 pm

Hehe, and its supposed to storm a little too on the 4th....As long as you're there I'll be happy :) I seem to remember some coffee shop in town--more than what I got.

Luthy--Planning ahead is overrated.

Off to study....or perhaps sleep, I'm exhaused.
Arwenelf
Ranger of the North

Postby Arwenelf » Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:44 pm

Hi! I am back from Au sable :) Now I have 4 weeks to chill, then back to school..

Sil, did you stop at that coffee shop in Mancelona? I was going to give you directions but then i got super busy with finals. Speaking of which, I got a B+ in Botany and an A- in Animal ecology :) That made me happy--and I got the 2nd best grade on my research paper :) only 10 pnts off!

I got some exciting news, my brother is engaged!!! He is getting married Feb. 23....I am the only person standing in the wedding...But yup, it was really unexpected...they got engaged on the 4th of July.

I'm off.
Arwenelf
Ranger of the North

Postby GwenElf » Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:32 pm

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, Eric's engaged!!!! *Squee* How cute and fuzzy! Congratumalations to him and Pam. :)

I did stop at the coffee shop, and the guy even pulled my shots long for me! It wasn't half-bad, other than the fact that he had run out of lids, so I had to hold on to it really carefully.. :P

Congrats on the good grades, too! :clap: :party:

Hope everyone is enjoying their chilling! *Grumble, mutter* :bitter:

:P
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby Arwenelf » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:15 am

I like that wolf in your sig, how cute and fuzzy.

Aww, sorry about that. I know how you feel. But your half way there, and soon you will be freee!!!!!! And next semester should be great for you, and at least from my experience, although study abroads are hard in other ways it doesn't always feel like school.

Yup, they booked there cruise for there honeymoon...We didn't tell Erik that he had to dress up for the cruise until afterwards (he hates dressing up). Heheh.

When I was last at the coffee shop he was out of a lot of his sugar free syrups :( I guess thats what happens at an ultra small coffee shop.
Arwenelf
Ranger of the North

Postby Arwenelf » Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:57 am

Sil- Mike Myers died (from EI). He always sat next to the window.

Leaving MI for a week. I am off on vacation to Ontario.

Luthy--I was at Dunnams (sp?) and they had your fish hanging from the ceiling :) It made me smile and laugh (and get weird looks from my Dad).
Arwenelf
Ranger of the North

Postby GwenElf » Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:48 am

Arwenelf wrote:Sil- Mike Myers died (from EI). He always sat next to the window.

Yeah; we fought over that seat all the time. :( Awwwwwwwwww. He wasn't that old, was he? Do you know what he died of? :(

Have fun in Ontario! Say hi to my Greek professor and her family if you pass them on the street.. :P
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby Arwenelf » Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:08 pm

He wasn't that old. I think it had something to do with his heart :(

Are you coming to Flushing at all? I leave for school on the 14th...:( Getting ready for Rome? HAs your passport come yet?
Arwenelf
Ranger of the North

Postby GwenElf » Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:58 am

Yeah, Ruby said it was a heart attack--I called one day (the day the store was robbed, actually...) to find out what time they open these days. Gotta show up right at opening so I can get maximum EI time in. :D

Dunno when I'm coming to Flushing; I'd like to visit once before I leave for Rome, but right now I'm studying for Latin and the GRE and trying to get Rome stuff ready, so... *shrug*

My passport has come, and I've since gotten my Visa, also. Now I'm trying to learn some really basic Italian, and mostly failing. :P Io non parlo italiano. Mi dispiace. :P
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby Arwenelf » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:36 am

I'm at school now :( I don't want to be here. I haven't been feeling good for about 4 weeks, and I still feel awful. I have a headache, and stomach ache...I just want to go home and sleep...
Arwenelf
Ranger of the North

Postby oldtoby » Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:08 pm

Aww that sucks <antiseptic hugses for teh Nen)
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby Arwenelf » Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:45 am

Thanks Toby. Well, now I have a cold which isn't good considering I will be outside all the time this next week and its supposed to rain, ugh.

How's MI?
Arwenelf
Ranger of the North

Postby oldtoby » Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:30 pm

Beats me, you better ask Sil :D:D:D:D:D:D:D :lol:
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby GwenElf » Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:14 pm

Rainy. Very, very rainy. Which is a huge change from the rest of the summer. Gov. Granholm just issued a ban on burning because it's been so dry--just in time for lots of rain. :D

Feeling any better, Nen?
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby Arwenelf » Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:39 am

I'm feeling better. I can breath now, so thats good. I still have a nasty cough though.

Its been rainy and cold here. THe last two days it was about 56 and pouring--of course we still went trail riding because we have to fit our hours in since its a summer course and is shortened. I've been riding a 13.3 hh haflinger...its amusing. Hes acutally pretty good and listens pretty well. It's weird not having a neck in front of me though! He made a sudden stop yesterday to eat and I almost went over him. Much better than echo though! Tomorrow we are riding basically all day and its going to be hilly, yippee.

I start the normal semester soon, ugh. I don't want to! boo chem and genetics.

SO I know I asked you this already, but I can't find your reply. You leave at the end of this month right? Is it next week sometime? I hope everything is ready, and you aren't too stressed. I want to see pics and hear updates!
Arwenelf
Ranger of the North

Postby GwenElf » Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:50 am

I leave next Thusrday, the 30th. I'm still waiting for one textbook to arrive, and I need to buy an adapter/converter, but other than that, I think I'm set. Bought a bigger suitcase yesterday so all of my stuff will fit. :P

Updates will be posted on my "Rome blog" at thearrowpen dot livejournal dot com, though I'm sure some will find their way here as well.
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby Arwenelf » Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:37 pm

sweet! I'll have to go there. Make sure you don't exceed your weight limit. When i went to nz it was 75Ibs from LA, but from Detroit to La it was only 50IBs per suitcase, it was annoying. Nothing like lugging that stuff through airports and what not.

Ugh, my floor is loud. *sigh*
Arwenelf
Ranger of the North

Postby GwenElf » Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:33 am

:shock: 75lbs??? Wow, mine is 40. I've been on Weight Watchers for months!

..... :whistle:

Off to Mass, see ya!
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby Arwenelf » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:16 pm

Good luck with that! I need your snail mail address for rome :)
Arwenelf
Ranger of the North

Postby Arwenelf » Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:56 pm

Is your blog a website yet? If so why can't I get it to work?
Arwenelf
Ranger of the North

Postby GwenElf » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:46 am

It's been up for a month. Are you putting "www" before it? Because that'll kill it.

Not sure on the snail mail address. Will have to find it...
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby Arwenelf » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:32 pm

Ahh, that was the problem :) Thanks! Well, as soon as you know it I want it :wink: Have a safe flight, love ya!
Arwenelf
Ranger of the North

PreviousNext

Return to Alliances and Guilds: The Peoples of Middle-earth