The NZ Guild 3 - Want to talk to some Kiwi's

The varied peoples of Middle-earth at times found unity in their pursuits, and all too often experienced deep rifts. Engage in lively conversations as we banter about the differences between the Alliances, and recruit for our People as well. Remember, keep it friendly.

Postby striderchick » Sun May 11, 2008 7:23 pm

I was working, (my first day actually) and there was a metal thing hanging on a hook in the ceiling, the metal thing being the thing that is used to shut the window (as in glass-less window. Just open space through which we served customers) so it was like.. metal mesh-type stuff, surrounded by more solid metal to hold it all together. I can't explain it very well. Just think of it like a metal gate that is put down so no one can get into the shop. and all of a sudden it fell off the hook and swung into my head. I'm alright, just a mild concussion. Still getting headaches. And brushing hair and washing hair now a bit uncomfortable.
striderchick
Ranger of the North

Postby Tygarya » Sun May 11, 2008 8:45 pm

:shock: Poor you SC...of all the luck :( and on your first day!!
Hope your feeling better now, did you have someone watching you carefully for signs of drowsiness?? Concussion is not a nice thing :hug:
Tygarya
Ringbearer

Postby striderchick » Sun May 11, 2008 9:02 pm

Yeah my friend came home with me, we watched a movie and she wouldn't let me lie down or go to sleep. We did talk to some St John people, they just said I had to be watched for four hours, and there wasn't any point going to A and E if someone could watch me at home.
striderchick
Ranger of the North

Postby Tygarya » Mon May 12, 2008 2:58 pm

Yeah thats what happened when my brother got head on the head by a lump of steel, we just watched him for a few hours after, kept him quiet and still :) Glad your okay :hug:

Okay, so I'm going to Melbourne for the Melboune Cup Carnival in November....plane tickets have been paid for. Heading over on Sat 1st and coming back Sat 8th....wanting to head up the coast a bit to see some of the sights....if anyone is reading this, tell me of any places I should try and get to :)
Tygarya
Ringbearer

Postby Tygarya » Thu May 29, 2008 4:42 pm

Woo! Accommodation for the Melbourne Cup is sorted finally, after one guy letting me down and booking someone else underneath me :x But that is now sorted with a lovely house in Elwood :)
So the next thing is whether or not I book a car now??
Tygarya
Ringbearer

Postby Tygarya » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:16 pm

Great news intrepid travellers to New Zealand

Weta Workshop, the magicians responsible for LOTR special effects, have finally opened their doors to the public. They are opening a corner of their workshop to tours so people can see some of what they have done and are currently doing. Good on you Weta!! :)
Tygarya
Ringbearer

Postby striderchick » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:25 pm

Ah,.. if only i could get to wellington. oh well. i'm having enough issues up here.
striderchick
Ranger of the North

Postby Tygarya » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:15 pm

So how are those issues going that you spoke of SC???
Tygarya
Ringbearer

Postby striderchick » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:13 pm

Just drama's with uni, looking at that date.
Had an exam a few days after that post, didn't go well. failed actually. Have to work out how to officially change my major now..

Oh and I turned 21 about a week ago now.
striderchick
Ranger of the North

Postby Tygarya » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:25 pm

Well, Happy Birthday!!!!

Did you have a party? That's a majoy mile stone 21 :D

Have you decided on a new major yet...any ideas?
Tygarya
Ringbearer

Postby striderchick » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:39 pm

Want to see if i can do a double major of English and Classical Studies.

Had a party with some friends and family.
Got dragged up in front of my church congregation (those that weren't on holiday) and given a tiara and a cake. And then went to Narnia: Prince Caspian.

going to have another celebration at some point, was waiting for a friend to return from a trip to England. Now i just have to organise something.
striderchick
Ranger of the North

Postby Tygarya » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:41 pm

You got given a tiara? Really? That seems a strange gift to me, please explain :wink:
Tygarya
Ringbearer

Postby striderchick » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:06 pm

It wasn't a real gift, I didn't keep it, but i'll explain

Last year we went to a 21st of friends from school, twin boys, and another friend gave them tiara's and fairy wands to wear/hang onto for the night, they were gonna have fairy wings too but couldn't find them.
So at the party on the saturday, she was joking that she'd get me a tiara, and since the actual birthday was a sunday that i should be embaressed at church. so, tiara.
striderchick
Ranger of the North

Postby Tygarya » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:10 pm

Ah, it is all made cystal clear :rofl:

So were you embarrasssed effectively enough to make her happy??? :D:D
Tygarya
Ringbearer

Postby striderchick » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:12 pm

She was very happy to tell me that I went a nice shade of red, so I think so haha
striderchick
Ranger of the North

Postby Tygarya » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:13 pm

Nice one :thumbsup:

The things we have to do to keep friends and family happy eh :rofl:
Tygarya
Ringbearer

Postby MithLuin » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:27 pm

So...it's July....and I am not in New Zealand. :( I know I mentioned six months ago that I might take a trip to see you all, but it did not happen. Maybe some other time....
MithLuin
Mariner

Postby Tygarya » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:40 pm

No....

DEFINATELY some other time :wink: :D:D
Tygarya
Ringbearer

Postby striderchick » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:03 pm

New Zealand will still be here when you're able to come =)

Made a very tentative plan yesterday that after i've finished my degree and graduated, me and a friend will do a trip to Europe. I lived in England for 18months when I was a kid, but as i was 6,7,8, i don't remember a lot. and she just spent six weeks there. but we want to do a quick visit to England, (Scotland, Wales maybe.. Hadrian's Wall at least) and Ireland, and then Greece, Turkey, France, Italy, Germany, .....not sure what else. We'll see if it actually gets planned.
striderchick
Ranger of the North

Postby Tygarya » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:36 pm

Don't be too disappointed by Hadrian's Wall :wink:

But sounds like a good plan, hope you get to go and do it :D
Tygarya
Ringbearer

Postby striderchick » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:58 pm

Yeah, I'm sure the wall isn't as fascinating as my english lecturer was making out on wednesday.. I got the impression that she thought it was still all completely in one piece.
striderchick
Ranger of the North

Postby Tygarya » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:04 pm

:rofl: She has obviously never been there....i have, and although it may indeed still be in one piece althoug I doubt it since people took stones to make houses etc from it, it is completely covered with soil up so only about the top 2 feet is even visible so it looks just like any other stone wall through England, but I don't want to put you off.....go and look for yourself and laugh like I did when our bus driver made this huge deal about it then showed us the anti-climax....I laughed so hard my sides hurt :rofl:
Tygarya
Ringbearer

Postby striderchick » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:32 pm

She was saying how you could walk all the way along it, from one end to the other, and that there are inns dotted along to stay in on the way. So I think it would be rather anti climactic for her too.
striderchick
Ranger of the North

Postby Tygarya » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:50 pm

Well you can probably walk along where is once was....but alot of it goes through private farm land now so who knows...we need to find someone from there to answer those questions. Let me see what I can fish up.
Tygarya
Ringbearer

Postby striderchick » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:05 pm

Yeah, it'd be cool to find out.

How are things going with you?????
striderchick
Ranger of the North

Postby Tygarya » Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:19 pm

Wellllll...

Did you get the storm?
We did...majorly...had water lapping at the back door step at our bach in Amberley beach, did you see the place on the news? First time it has ever been on the news ... anyway, dad, who lives in the bach, got evacuated out on Thursday evening cause they thought the water was going to start coming into the houses....and it did in some, but luckily not ours, he was able to return home the next day. Our house was also surrounded by water, no lawn at all, just water, but luckily it didn't get deeper than a couple of inches. All water is gone now, but we have more rain on the way from the south this week and that means a threat of snow. Never rains but it pours :wink:
Tygarya
Ringbearer

Postby striderchick » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:13 pm

Well, where I live, the power flickered, the internet was lost, but the storm didn't hit hard here. I was at a friend's place on the saturday night, she lives out near Bethells, and there was some wind, rain, the power went out for an hour or so, and it was cold, but still, no major drama. Tuesday, I saw a play at the Maidment Theatre (on campus) and walking with my friend to where she parked her car, I didn't realise until too late that the footpath i thought I was stepping on was really an ankle deep (at least) puddle... my shoes spent the next day on top of the hot water cylinder.

So we didn't get it as bad as everywhere else. But the rain was still persistent.
striderchick
Ranger of the North

Postby Tygarya » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:21 pm

Lucky you then, I see on the news it's still raining up there, at least we have had a couple of days of sunshine to dry things out down here. Looks like the Waikato river is ready to burst it's banks, poor Hamilton :D
Tygarya
Ringbearer

Postby striderchick » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:13 am

Today seemed to be mostly sunshine I think. Just a little rain.

Just saw the XFiles movie. Not doing that again in a hurry, but my friend is obsessed, and she's leaving for Asia soon for 6 months. So we're trying to spend as much time with her as possible.
striderchick
Ranger of the North

Postby Tygarya » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:34 pm

Obviously not one to recommend then??
Tygarya
Ringbearer

PreviousNext

Return to Alliances and Guilds: The Peoples of Middle-earth