The Followers of Eru #9! Come for Cheesecake!

The varied peoples of Middle-earth at times found unity in their pursuits, and all too often experienced deep rifts. Engage in lively conversations as we banter about the differences between the Alliances, and recruit for our People as well. Remember, keep it friendly.

Re: The Followers of Eru #9! Come for Cheesecake!

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:25 am

Qwill, the lavender is one of the cheaper items, there is also one called M-grain that's supposed to be very good for headaches, etc. I've not tried it myself.

The company is Young Living (www.youngliving.com) and you can sign up at the top and use my member number 1726752 I've been using a combination of Lavender, Peppermint and Lemon to keep my allergies at bay. And last night, with stomach cramps, Rosemary and Lavender rubbed over the area calmed things down. :)

if you have questions you can PM me or email me at hissheep1781ATgmailDOTcom. :D

I had a follow up with my doctor and he's changing how my medication is done and we'll see. We briefly discussed the big H word, but that will probably be some distance off yet. At least another year or so. *sigh*

Rob has not been confirmed on the Lyme disease, but the doctor we saw said it is a good possibility and upped his antibiotic to 4,000 mg per day. :shock: We didn't know that was legal!

Judy? how are you all?

Nen? Sil? Laurel?

:grouphug:

Oh, I'll add this: Cock-Robin could certainly use our prayers. He's been going through a very difficult time in his life, with an accident with his car and some other issues. :)

Always...

"I'd rather kiss a Wookie..."

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Postby GwenElf » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:28 am

Definitely prayers for CR. :hug:

My friend is doing better, I think -- she's had some more communication from the company that's supposed to be hiring her; they're in the middle of releasing several new products and starting an ancillary company, and her official hire keeps getting pushed back, but I believe she had a meeting last week to hash out the details. My dad, meanwhile, is sending out resumes and having interviews. He's trying to stay local, but I don't know if it's going to happen. There's a job in the Virgin Islands that I think sounds great!! ....okay, I know nothing about the job, but the location sounds great! :D

Hi Quill! :hihi: If you're interested in writing, you can join the Expected Party RP. It's been in a lull but is resurfacing again, I think. More lighthearted, but fun. :)
Congrats on your five-year anniversary! :) I'll be praying for your wife. Unfortunately, my first thought with recurring headaches is always brain cancer -- would your insurance cover an MRI or CAT scan, just to rule out the possibility? Let's hope lavender is all it takes.

Iris, I'm not sure I know what the big H word is, but hugs and prayers all the same! :hug:
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:45 am

Sil, I'll give you a hint: it's a surgery only women can have. ;)

:hihi: everyone!

It's Thursday, but it's been a long week. On Saturday Rob got a text from my neighbor/cousin's daughter that her dad died. We thought there had to be a mistake and spent a frantic half hour trying to confirm. It wasn't a mistake. He'd woken through the night with shoulder pain (?!) and his wife started taking him to the ER, but they turned back when he started feeling better. About an hour later he started hurting again, so they started out again...it's a half hour drive normally, but she probably did it in 20. Anyhow...as soon as they walked into the ER, he collapsed. They tried everything but it was no use. He was 47. As soon as we knew it was true, I called mom, then we drove to the hospital to be with the family. His kids really look up to Rob and we felt we needed to be there.

On Sunday we made a point to be at their church (where my parents now go). Second Sunday for the new pastor and he gets this handed to him. But I have to say, he has done very well. He sang "Amazing Grace, My Chains are Gone" and I sang "It Is Well With My Soul." He sang that again at the funeral yesterday.

My cousin leaves a wife whom he's been friends with since they were 15 and 14 respectively, a son, daughter-in-law, two little grandsons, a daughter, parents, two brothers, two sisters and a whole host of nieces, nephews and cousins.

*sigh*

Always...

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck

Postby GwenElf » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:42 pm

:( Oh Iris, that's just awful! :hug: I will send up prayers for everyone touched by his death. Did they find out what the cause was?

:rose:
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:00 am

Sorry, I've been AWOL with the county fair!

We know it was a heart attack but I have not head whether there was a genetic problem or just horrid bad luck. He did have diabetes.

The family has lost their health insurance over this. The teenage daughter's friends were going to help her apply for medical assistance and her brother put a stop to it. :roll: I understand not wanting the stigma of being on "welfare" but there is a difference in being on it until you get on your feet and being on it and having no intention of being otherwise. And without some of her medicines are well over $100. :(

So her 4H group is having a dinner for them next month. :)

Always...

IrisBrandybuck

Postby Old_Begonia » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:07 am

Seriously? Not a single post since August?

Well, good people, since I've lost my Facebook identity, I am looking for a place to be.

I have recently, (within the last 18 months) returned to my Catholic roots. It feels good. And, wonder of wonders, my husband is drifting into the Catholic faith. Truly amazing.

It's lovely to post here, for here I truly feel like myself. Not the "me" I must be to others. Mother, wife, sister... just ...me.
"And it is said by the Eldar that in water there lives yet the echo of the Music of the Ainur more than in any substance else that is in this Earth; and many of the Children of Ilúvatar hearken still unsated to the voices of the Sea, and yet know not for what they listen."

There is something profound about standing AT sea level.
Old_Begonia
"Old"...hmpf, if they only knew...

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:22 am

Howdy, OB! :hug: It's good to see you here, and good to hear about you and your husband. :D

Yeah, we've slowed down quite a bit since our heyday some years ago, but we're still active.

So how is everyone? Hello? (hello....hello...hello....)

Always...

IrisBrandybuck

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:14 am

Popping in to ask for prayers on two items.

First, I'm having surgery March 17. Today is my first pre-op appointment (there will be two, one with my doctor and one with the hospital). Last night I was panicky and today I'm nervous. I've had peace about this until now, and I think it's really just nerves/anxiety kicking in.

Secondly, my work situation is deteriorating quickly. We have two editors who, as people, are okay, but as supervisors...aren't. They complain constantly, say snarky things about other people, including other coworkers, and are generally negative. The editor in chief has made some decisions I personally feel have hurt the newspaper. The publishers either don't see or don't care, but morale is pretty low in the newsroom and at least three of us are looking for other work. We just celebrated our 100th anniversary last year, but if thinks keep going the way they are, I don't see 105 happening.

Always...

IrisBrandybuck

Postby Old_Begonia » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:20 am

Iris, I'm sorry to hear about your work situation. I was pegged for journalism in high school and college, but I encountered only snide, negative editors (and reporters). I couldn't tolerate the environment and never pursued the subject. But you've held your own there until now, so I assume there are editors in this world who are not jerks. I will definitely keep this on my prayer list.

And, since it seems to be just us, do you mind if I ask what sort of surgery?

Peace to you, my friend.
"And it is said by the Eldar that in water there lives yet the echo of the Music of the Ainur more than in any substance else that is in this Earth; and many of the Children of Ilúvatar hearken still unsated to the voices of the Sea, and yet know not for what they listen."

Old_Begonia

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:19 pm

I live in a community where, for the most part, reporters help each other out, even in "competing" publications. Mostly because we all grew up here, we all live here, and we're not doing ourselves favors by being snotty. When the editors aren't together, they're pretty good, but they feed off of each other's negativity. :( Journalism wasn't my first choice, but it was the first to offer health coverage and I really needed that. Our area also isn't seeing huge job growth at the moment, so here I sit...

I'm having a hyeterectomy. It's not really a secret, I'm just not shouting it from the rooftops because it does make some people a little nervous. :) I've wanted this since I was 12...there have been few years when things weren't crazy and I've just had it...and so has my doctor. :) Today I get official confirmation that we're going ahead with it too.

:hug: Thank you!!

Always...

IrisBrandybuck

Postby Old_Begonia » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:27 pm

Sorry for my delayed response, I've been limiting my cyber presence (for unrelated reasons).

Hysterectomy is a serious, and potentially scary, surgery. But I understand about wanting something drastic like that for a long time. I suffered a couple of decades of ulcerative colitis. Due to a convoluted set of circumstances, which I won't go into here, I struggled with the decision to have a complete colectomy. In the end, it was the best decision and I have NEVER regretted it. Not even a second thought. I had no idea just how ill I was until my colon was gone. My recovery took almost a year because my overall health had badly deteriorated.

Of course, a hysterectomy has a different set of recovery issues, as I'm sure you're well aware. I just want to encourage you to keep your eyes on the horizon. Look ahead, to next summer, next year, the future in general. At least, that has what has helped me. Is your family supportive? My daughter's BFF has struggled with uterine fibroids and multiple other issues. She has resisted the hysterectomy hoping and hoping that some therapy or other would help because she so desperately wanted to conceive and have her own children. But it was not to be. In January she finally had the surgery. Finding the right balance of hormonal supplements is the struggle now. But then, like me, her health has deteriorated quite a bit, and she has other health issues. I pray you will have smooth post-op sailing!

As for work, I can commiserate with you about management not giving a rat's patoot about morale. I am now a kept woman and no longer have to fight that fight. My prayer for you is not only that God grant you peace at work and at home, but joy in the midst of it all.

Surgery is 3/17? So...will you be admitted the night before?

Old_Begonia

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:08 am

I've had the fibroid issue as well, plus super heavy long periods (six weeks one time!) My doctor tried several therapies but things just got worse and finally he said he was ready, was I? I said, "I've BEEN ready!" My husband has 4 children from a previous marriage and I don't want children, so that wasn't part of the decision.

One of my friends had one just about a year ago, with the same doctor, so she's been telling me all about it and answering questions. I'll probably go in early that morning. The plan is to do a spinal and also sedate me. He said I'll probably come home Thursday barring anything unexpected. He's also planning to leave the ovaries unless he finds something unexpected, and to also take my appendix if he can get to it easily. Everyone keeps telling me I have the best doctor in the area for this too. :)

The timing is a little bad though...my mom needs back surgery badly, and my dad needs to have his other knee replaced soon too. So we're hoping I will recover quickly to be able to help them. Fortunately, my husband is really good with them and will help.

I appreciate the prayers. I'm a little nervous only because I've not had many surgeries and only one ended up keeping me in the hospital overnight, my tonsils. Everything's been minor, so this is my first major surgery. But I'm excited as well...it's been such a nightmare the past few years. Remember the story of the woman who touched the edge of Jesus cloak because of 12 years of bleeding? I said to my husband that I don't know why she didn't just kill herself because I was pretty close to losing my mind a couple times. (I know why she didn't, but I also have more sympathy for her now than I ever did before!!)

Always...

IrisBrandybuck

Postby Old_Begonia » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:32 am

[I could swear I responded to this a while back, but apparently I didn't hit 'Submit']

So, Iris, how's it going?

Old_Begonia

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:16 am

It's going. :)

I had a rough start...lots of pain. That has eased some, though I still have times when there is a lot of pain, it's not as bad as when I started. Lots of seepage, which I'm told is normal. See the doctor for a follow up Wednesday, hoping I get another week off. I think I need it, I'm just wiped most of the time.

Also taking the time to look into other jobs. And read. I finished "Rebecca" by Daphne DuMarier and Ruth Bell Graham's biography. I'm working on a book by Anne Graham Lotz called "Wounded by God's People" (very good, highly recommend to everyone!) and Bill Gaither's biography. I have a stack of books here waiting for me too. :)

Always...

IrisBrandybuck

Postby Old_Begonia » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:24 am

Well good. Yes, seepage. I remember. Do you have a drain in place? I remember having one, vaguely. The drugs I was on kept me pretty foggy for the first month or so.

You are only, what? Two weeks post-op? One day at a time girly.

I don't know if I mentioned it above, but I recently read Girl at the End of the World, really, really good stuff. Am now working my way through The Geography of Good and Evil, a much tougher read, but still good.

Old_Begonia

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:50 am

I'll have to look those up.

I had a drain while in the hospital, but he took it out before I was discharged. He actually called me yesterday! I had called his office Friday about pain meds and he was out. Then Saturday I went to the ER because of the drainage and we weren't sure if it was OK or not. The doctor there said it was but said it was better to check and be safe. So when my doctor called yesterday I updated him on all that. He was surprised I was scheduled for Friday to come in for follow up and said he was leaving a note to move my appointment to Wednesday. :) The hospital called later and asked if I planned to follow up and I said, He alreayd called me! They were surprised too, and pleased. We need more of him.

Always...

IrisBrandybuck

Postby Daefaroth » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:03 am

Get well wishes to IrisBrandybuck.

Please renew your Guild lease in a new Topic thread.

It is 25 posts past due.

Thank you.
- - - - - Welcome to TORC - - - - -

- There are helpful Announcements at the top of most forums. Please read them.
- Need more help? Check the Adoption Forum.
- Premiere Membership helps support TORC.
Aspire not to rapid, large postcounts, for this only enhances the taste of a spammer,
when roasted with the Breath of Death and served with "Blair’s 16 Million Reserve" sauce.

Enjoy your visits. Remember to mind your manners.

Daefaroth *at* theonering -dot- com -OR- moderators *at* theonering -dot- com
Daefaroth
The Shadow Hunter

Previous

Return to Alliances and Guilds: The Peoples of Middle-earth