The Followers of Eru #9! Come for Cheesecake!

The varied peoples of Middle-earth at times found unity in their pursuits, and all too often experienced deep rifts. Engage in lively conversations as we banter about the differences between the Alliances, and recruit for our People as well. Remember, keep it friendly.

Postby prmiller » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:59 pm

Day Two of The Stone Age! :roll:

We are all mustering together to collate grades from various hard-copy grade books,
from memos and other non-computer documents. Yes, there is a serious lesson to
learn from all this!

Dan-Get those forces and send them to China. :horse:
That is where our 'experts' have
poinpointed the source...somehow...I don't know how...
but it came from there.:lightening:

Gwenare: Scream away! Send in the Minstrels! :evilaugh:

Everyone else, thank you for your prayers. :rose:
Gone!
Gone!
My stuff on the server is all...gone! :pull:

I need a nap.
:zzz:
I love the worldI am in...
prmiller
I am Parm: Servant of Eru, Bard of Imladris

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:49 am

*is now afraid of fish*

Parm: something very similar just happened to a local school district here. And yet, our county commisioners say our voting machines don't need paper back up. *shakes head* :hug:

:rose:

Real wolves, Ren? Can I come?
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:16 am

Good morning everyone. :)

Smor, continued prayers for the things you mentioned there, and Woot for the upcoming vacation. :) I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Gwenny, but you'll hear about it and moving is the pits! ;)

Iris, you have my permission to go on vacation. :D

Nen, enjoy your trip and enjoy the wolf howls too if you hear them. *tries to howl like a wild wolf. gets really funny looks from coworkers* :roll: :P

Striderchick, I hope that exam goes well, and prayers for study motivation. ;)

Parm, we are tightning up the stirrups now and awaiting the boat to carry us to you. ;) That does really stink about the computers though. I hope things settle down there soon.

Have a blessed day everyone. :)
Dan
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:30 am

Dan, I get a mini vacation in July...Star Trek Convention! It's just not soon enough...*sigh*

:D

EDIT: My mom just called...my cousin (whom I didn't really know) committed suicide. I know her grandfather pretty good...his mom and my great grandma were sisters. The girl was a doctor, about a year younger than me. Right now this is all I know.

Even though I didn't know her I'm in shock.
IrisBrandybuck

Postby MithLuin » Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:57 pm

Iris, that's horrible! Prayers for her family....

And Woot! for vacations :D

A Star Trek Convention? Whereabouts?

Parm, good luck. I'd be completely lost if all my files vanished. I know I'm supposed to have back ups....but I don't. Not for most things, anyway. I guess that's why it's good to keep a hard copy of your grade book.... :hug:
MithLuin
Mariner

Postby prmiller » Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:55 pm

Day Three...moving from Stone Age to Bronze Age.8)
We are able to use the internet, but cannot log in to our server.
Thus, I can now write to you from school, rather than waiting to go to the
restaurant nearby, where I can use wireless internet service, and have a nice
chat .8)
My files remain...gone.
The verdict was delivered early this morning.
I feel...numb. Yes, it is a lot of work, but perhaps
some of it needed to go. I may think of something
even better. Even so, it is gone.
Alas. :( :cry2:
Last edited by prmiller on Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I love the worldI am in...
prmiller
I am Parm: Servant of Eru, Bard of Imladris

Postby Tethairwen » Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:49 pm

Parm wrote:My files remain...gone.
:hug: :hug: I know that horrible feeling. :( *gathers up stabbities and heads for China with Dan* :horse:

Iris - that's terrible! :( I'll keep you and your family in my prayers. :hug:

:grouphug: for the Dan Clan. :) And praying for Gwen's dad. :hug:

*huggles Smor* Hope things look up soon, and do enjoy that road trip. :)

Gwenny - praying that the move will go well. :)

I was wondering why I'd quit getting notifications again (it's happened several times in the last month or so). Huzzah for a new thread! :D

I've got a prayer request... I'm having a really tough time getting settled in at home. It is nice to be around my family again, but I miss England and the friends I made there so much. It seems so selfish to want to go back, because I know how lucky I was to be able to go in the first place, but... I just feel that's where I'm meant to be, and I'm trying to sort if that's really the case, or if I just enjoyed it there so much that I want it to be the place I belong. *sigh* In any case, I really want to do a masters in London after I graduate, and I don't really know if I'll be able to... there are so many things against it. So, I'd appreciate prayer that I'd have the wisdom to know what to do, and to just be content with where I am right now.

Teth
Tethairwen
Ranger of the North

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:46 am

Thank you everyone for your prayers. I didn't know her hardly at all, but her Grandfather I know and I feel terrible for him.

Teth: :hug:

Parm: well, I guess everyone passes now? :hug: :rose: for everyone there.
IrisBrandybuck

Postby MithLuin » Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:53 am

An update on my grandmother - I visited her yesterday, and she seemed much better! She says she really likes Occupational Therapy, because they know just what's wrong and work to fix it. So, I'm psyched! But I know that her kidneys aren't working very well. So, it's not over yet....

A less happy update from my sister. I've always known that you don't want to end up in a foreign prison, but this is just... well, I can't even put it into words. Do not read if you are squeamish, but it is a prayer request:

Mith's sister wrote:Just to let everyone know, yesterday morning, the 3 men accused of Jennie and Carlin's deaths were all brutally murdered and raped in the same manner and then burned while in jail in Tegucigalpa. Rather than putting everything to rest, it brings back all the pain of the first deaths, plus, the 3 men were cousins of another girl at the school (everyone's related here) and the pictures of everything is all over the news. Please pray for the repose of their souls, I'm sure Jennie and Carlin would never have wanted it to happen, and I think their mother even asked for them to be pardoned. So, things are a little rough here, but at least there are no groups for 10 days, (except for a visitor comming Fri), so I should be a little relaxed and have time to start working on getting things wrapped up.

Their news (unlike ours) has no qualms about showing gory images, and their cameras do not flinch at all. I'm so glad she's coming home in August....
MithLuin
Mariner

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:13 am

Good morning everyone. :)

Iris, that is awful. :( Prayers for that family for sure.

Hi Mith. :) I'm glad your grandmother is liking that. :) But uggg on the other part of your post there. Evil breeds evil. :(

Parm, I'm sorry to hear things are no better there. People doing evil things like this really get me as well. :angry:

Teth, hi there. :) We will definitely be praying for you in this area. May God give you the wisdom you need to go the direction that's He has for you. :)

God bless you all,
Dan
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby striderchick » Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:01 pm

Hiya.

Well, my exams are over. I'm hoping it went good. I think it did. On the bus home I saw a guy that I've seen around Uni for the past two semesters, don't know his name, but we've been in the same English papers for those two semesters. We don't tend to talk or anything (except for the first time I met him when he asked to borrow a pen), I just see him and recognise him. Anyways, after I sat down on the bus he got on, and saw me (And until I'd seen him I'd completely forgotten that he'd be around for the same exam) so he asked if it was a good exam. That was a long explanation for something that doesn't have much relevance.. :roll:

Iris: :(

MithLuin: Oh that's terrible, prayers that your sister stays safe.
striderchick
Ranger of the North

Postby MithLuin » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:17 pm

Oh, my sister's fine. This is a quiet community - stuff like this just *doesn't happen* there, which is why it has all been such a shock. It's like a shooting in a small town, or something. She's two hours outside the capital where the jail is. It has just been very rough for everyone to deal with this.
MithLuin
Mariner

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:28 am

Strider: is he cute? :P I'm kidding. Glad exams are over for you.

I think it was Sil who asked about the Star Trek Convention: next month in Ohio there will be a 3-day Vulkon convention in Columbus. Avery Brooks and Kate Mulgrew are confirmed, as is Cirroc Lofton. Oh, I just checked: Tim Russ and John Billingsly are also confirmed (That would be Tuvok and the doctor from Enterprise) and a couple of Babylon Five people.

And they changed hotels on us. :roll:

Before I forget, I have a small prayer request: I will be interviewing the drummer of Grand Funk Railroad by phone on Monday. I have no idea what to say or ask. I'm a little nervous. :)
IrisBrandybuck

Postby K.Evenstar » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:12 am

Hi all.

Great to see we're into another new thread.

Hey Teth! Praying for you. We miss ya! It was great to get to know you in real life. :hug:

Please pray for me as I try to decide what to do with my life. I'm still looking for a job and a house, and me being me, worrying about it. It's hard to find a house or flat that is even not too much more than we can afford, let alone affordable. I also have a couple of visits and interviews coming up next week, and am wibbling somewhat.

Thanks all
Keve xx
K.Evenstar
Ranger of the North

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:19 am

:hug: Keve.

Wibbling? Love it! :thumbsup:
IrisBrandybuck

Postby K.Evenstar » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:06 am

Thanks Iris
Wibbling is exactly what I'm doing - I feel like a wibbly wobbly jelly. It all feels so impossible. :cry:
I know it isn't. I know God's in control. But I'm scared.
K.Evenstar
Ranger of the North

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:39 pm

Hey, I understand scared. When you don't know what's going to happen and all the things that could happen come to mind...eep. :hug: :hug: :hug:
IrisBrandybuck

Postby shieldmaidenofrohan » Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:01 pm

Yeah, I can definitely relate to that feeling, Keve. :hug: Hope it all works out soon.

Mith-- that's awful. :( But I am glad your grandmother is doing better.

Parm-- yiiiiiiiiikes. Good luck getting all that straightened out!

striderchick-- hurrah for exams being done!

Just to let you all know, whereismysam left this morning for a missions trip to Morocco with her church. I'm sure she'd appreciate the prayers.
shieldmaidenofrohan
Mariner

Postby striderchick » Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:02 am

MithLuin: I'm glad she's alright there.

smor: thankyou. It's a great feeling to be free of them.

Iris: :lmbo: well, he is Russian. So yeah, I guess he's cute in a way.
striderchick
Ranger of the North

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:35 pm

Ok, so I'm sitting here watching a rerun of the dedication of the Billy Graham Library, (Finally!) and President Bush (41) spoke, and towards the end he began to sob...so I began to cry. Then George Beverly Shea and Cliff Barrows got up, and I cried some more...and then they sang (with the crowd) "How Great Thou Art" and I cried some more...Bev Shea is 98...can you believe that? Now Billy is speaking and I have a feeling I'm going to sob through all of this...

If you get a chance to watch it...do! :)
IrisBrandybuck

Postby striderchick » Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:26 pm

Psst.... Who is Billy Graham? :oops:
I've seen the name a couple times on here.. and then someone speaking at youth group on Friday mentioned him as well. I have no idea who he is....

In other news, I'm going to go be a leader at a Kids Camp next week. My friends are getting married on Saturday, and so pretty much straight after the wedding we're driving to the camp. pray for me please, I've never done this before... rather nervous. And if you could send up a prayer for the bride too, she's sick, so we're praying for some healing over the week.
striderchick
Ranger of the North

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:53 am

Strider: Billy Graham is an evangelist. He's been traveling the world holding crusades for about 60 years now.

Look Here: Billy Graham
IrisBrandybuck

Postby Castanea_d. » Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:30 pm

A quick prayer request – for Dan, who is a U.S. Soldier in Iraq, and engaged to be married to one of our altos in September. Her brother (one of our tenors) told me this morning that Dan started today on his last mission, a three-day mission ending Tuesday. Unless they extend his tour again (he's already had an extra three months tacked on, causing postponement of the wedding from July), he then starts the process of Going Home.

I remember this feeling from when I had buddies in Vietnam. It gets this close to the end, and you can hardly stand it for the fear that right at the last, something could go wrong. Please pray that Dan gets through these three days, and home safely, so that he and Annie can be married and live happily ever after.

And here I was, spending my mental energy being on pins and needles about Harry Potter and his friends, hoping they all make it alive through the upcoming Book Seven. The reminder this morning puts that all in perspective. She and her brother have been lighting votive candles in church for him every Sunday and Wednesday for over a year, and all of us have been praying – for him, and for other people Over There, too.

I haven't been here much lately, beyond peeking in to see what is going on. Parm, I have been praying for your health situation, and recovery from the computer hack. Prayers also for MithLuin's grandmother, and SMOR (I've missed you) and Wimsie, whom I've also missed very much, and the move of Gwenny's family, and that teacher's dad, and Nim and Iris, and the family of Iris's cousin, and Teth, and the whole situation that MithLuin has shared about, and K.eve, and strider and her friends, and all the people I haven't mentioned. Greetings to Crusader; hope to see you often around here.

[manwe mode]Iris, we raised enough fuss in our county that we got the paper backups on the voting machines. The key was that the county auditor, who is responsible for elections, kept telling the Powers That Be that he did not have “a high degree of confidence” in the security of the system without paper backup. His worry was not about the sort of thing some of us Democrats have been muttering since 2000 and 2004 (i.e., possibilities for fraud), but more about the ways that an electronic-only system can break down or be corrupted, and all the data lost by accident or system failure. Combined with continuing letters, etc. from people in the county, it finally carried the day.[/manwe mode]

Got to run...

(goes off HOOMing for some buddies to come along and help Elladan's Rohirrim, not that they need any help. But having a couple of Ents along can't hurt. :D Those hackers are going to be in for a tough time) :):):):):):):):):):)

Cassi, a servant of the Lord
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
Castanea_d.
Rider of the Mark

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:21 pm

HI, Cassi! :hug:

There was no fraud! :whistle: :D

Yes, those are exactly my arguments. MY feeling is, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. My township for time out of mind used the scanner system...we filled in little bubbles with pencil (sort of like standardized tests) and they were fed into a scanner and read. It worked, and unless you were a total idiot, it wasn't hard.
IrisBrandybuck

Postby BigMama » Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:05 pm

Hello, my friends. It has been quite a while since I visited with you all, but it is good to see every one of you. :)
PRAYER REQUEST
Please be in prayer for my daughter. She had a miscarriage this week and is dealing with all the loss and terrible feelings. I know how bad I feel--I can only imagine how awful it is for her. I covet your prayers.
BigMama
Ranger of the North

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:10 pm

BIGMAMMA!!!!!! Tackleglomphug

Please give your daughter a :hug: from me. :(
IrisBrandybuck

Postby JudyA » Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:46 am

Hello to people I haven't seen for a while (SMOR and BM for starters), and how did we get into a new thread all of a sudden? Turn your head for a minute and poouufff! The last one's gone...

Strider: Billy Graham did three big crusades in Australia in 1959, 1969 and 1977 or thereabouts. Our present archbishop in Sydney and the dean of the cathedral - and many, many other clergy in Sydney and beyond - were converted in 1959. My dad and my grandmother took part in follow-up in 1969. I attended in 1977 and was so convicted of my sin that I wanted to go down during the altar call but thought I was too little so I prayed in my chair :) ... and yes, I really am that old...
He has been a pretty amazing soldier for the gospel of our Lord.

Cassi: That's pretty scary about that guy in the war zone. :shock: Do let us know when he's safe and sound, won't you?
Last edited by JudyA on Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
JudyA
Mariner

Postby JudyA » Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:47 am

Oh bother :roll:
JudyA
Mariner

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:37 am

Judy is so excited she keeps posting!

I saw BG in the 1990s sometime...he came to Pittsburgh. I don't remember much about it except that there was a huge crowd and I was really excited. I want to go and visit the library in North Carolina someday.

Prayer request I have an interview with a band member of Grand Funk Railroad in an hour...please pray for me!!!! :shock:
IrisBrandybuck

Postby Gwenneth_Eruwen » Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:13 am

Update

I don't remember if I told you that Jovan's dad was remarring But if I did he was married yesterday eveing at 5 central time. Jovan was very much aginst the marrage and he was not alone. But he went and behaved himself. Whitch was good but unexpected.

I went to the last night of the Harvest Crusade here in my area last night with several from my church it was WONDERFUL! Ann Graham Lock ( I think not sure of her married name) Said a few words about her mother and that she KNEW she was going to see her again and updated us a little on her father who had told her to tell us that he was fine. She also spoke on how it was important to know if you were saved or not.

Greg Laurie spoke on worrying and stress. He said that worrying would shorten one's life. He also said alot of other great things that I can't remember right now... Third Day was there and preformed for us. That was great!

The RBC Center holds about 20,000 people. At the alter call there wereendless streams of people coming down the aisles. Most were teenage and adults but what got me tearing up was the little children that couldn't have been more than 6 or 7 coming down.

Love , Prayers, Hugs

-Gwenny
Gwenneth_Eruwen
Ranger of the North

PreviousNext

Return to Alliances and Guilds: The Peoples of Middle-earth