Mithril Knights Warrior's Guild

The varied peoples of Middle-earth at times found unity in their pursuits, and all too often experienced deep rifts. Engage in lively conversations as we banter about the differences between the Alliances, and recruit for our People as well. Remember, keep it friendly.

Postby Parador~J » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:20 am

That would be great, Vana! I appreciate that :hug:

What I'll do is post tonight and may be a few more times before Monday. I may be able to pull a quick post here and there on Fridays. I'm off from work and school on that day...but still need to study...taking 15 credit hours :shock:
Parador~J
Spirit of Endurance

Postby Vanaladiel » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:12 am

Holy Cow a full case load!!! You can do it sweetie!!! :hug:
Image Spring come quickly!!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Cock-Robin » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:16 am

Wow! That's quite the caseload, as Vana said. And I look forward to seeing you posting again, Parador. I'm just starting up in my KIT myself. Greetings from the Last Eagle and the Beorning heir.

I love french toast, too!

Meneldor, Warrior Bard, and Brondgast, Mithril Knights

Gwaeryn and Robin, The Expected Party

Meneldor, Alatar and Pallando, Darkness Reigns: The Resistance

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Parador~J » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:56 am

**bows humbly to Cock-Robin**

Hail, Last Eagle and the Beorning heir...

I look forward to this venture :)

From what I've heard....you write very well, sir :) :)

Oh yes! It's going to be a busy year...I'm just glad for my medical background...I was a Paramedic and worked the ER for 5 years...and did Flightmedic and EMS on the side. So alot of what is being taught will make sense to me...and I should retain it easier :thumbsup:

I would have had to take 16 credit hours...but one of the classes I had already taken a few years ago :drink:

Vana...I have two big sparkly diamonds I'm going to put on my computer desk...to remind me that I can do this :hug:

Just keep sending those positive energies guys! lol:)

Positive energy is being sent to you, SB....hang-in-there Boss :hug:

AND Hue...I'm so glad you are up and running again! :horse: MK needs their Bard ;)

Elenath, Tempest and Idril and Guru...hope all is going well for you guys :) :) :)
Last edited by Parador~J on Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Parador~J
Spirit of Endurance

Postby erinhue » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:00 pm

I wish ya all the best with your studies, Parador darlin'. We'll all be there behind ya in spirit and with crib notes if ya need'em, but I don't think ya will. :wink:
"Where ever you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Bonzi

erinhue
Warrior/Bard of Belfalas Illuvatar's Bright Spirit

Postby Parador~J » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:56 pm

Thank-you, Hue :lol:

I hope me brain can keep up...been exercising it a bit...by reading more :bookworm:

AND posting helps too ;)
Parador~J
Spirit of Endurance

Postby Tempest » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:50 pm

Glad everyone seems to be doing well, even if you have a busy schedule in front of you Parador!

I've been enjoying my summer---it's one of the perks of being a teacher and one of the things that makes me sane the rest of the school year. :) But classes are starting up soon, and I can already feel the gathering darkness.... :P
Tempest
Ranger of the North

Postby Parador~J » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:01 pm

Oh hey! Your a teacher, Tempest...how cool! :)

My Mom and Dad are retired teachers...I remember going to her class at the end of the summers and helping her get set-up for her new classes. I even substituted a few times for her, lol:)

OH Yes...you need that summer break...I bet it takes a while to get the rhythm back after being out for a while. What grade do you teach?

I praise the teachers who teach these days...it takes a special person to do this job :) :)

I tell myself...after I'm done with my crazy year...it will be well worth it ;)

Then I can afford to fly to Washington and see Vana, Ryan, Rwhen and Idril and many others in that area...and then fly to Toronto and see my buds from The White Tree Fund. AND then fly to Oxford, England and New Zealand.................oh yeah...DO I have plans ;) :D

Edit: oh, geeze...I forgot about Claymore!...Is She still here?
Parador~J
Spirit of Endurance

Postby Cock-Robin » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:32 pm

The last I heard, Claymore was in Japan for a month or so. Has anybody heard from Idril? I'm been sending her some PM's, but haven't heard from her in a few weeks. I worry about her, as she's been in poor health for a while.

Cool, Parador, you're in the medical profession? That's neat.

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby erinhue » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:07 pm

So sorry ta hear that . I didn't know Idril was feeling sick. I love that lady. Did ya know that she and I co wrote the guidelines for The Pony way back in the day? She was my mentor knight when I first joined the Mithril Knights.

The Warrior's Guild, which is what the Knights officially are and the Bards' Guild got started about the same time ( along with Nielson the White's Wizard's Guild ) I had been going by the title Warrior/Bard even before there was a Alliance and Guild forum. Well after a bit I decided that if I was gonna have any sort of legit claim to that title I had better get over and join the Mithril Knights. Elbren was gonna just give the Bard an honorary membership, I had already been in one or two of the famous Elbren's Challenge threads but I said that I needed to earn it, to write my way in like everyone else. I did and when it was time for me to do my KiT stint the Lady Idril stepped up and took me on as her squire. Give her my best if you talk to her before she posts here.

erinhue

Postby Parador~J » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:32 pm

Our sweet Idril...warrior maiden...writer extraordinair. Always around to lead and guide...ever so patient with us.

Get Well, Idril...our prayers and spirits are with you :grouphug:

Strength be yours dear lady :rose:
Mithril Knights Warriors Guild
~Mithril Knight of Lore
~Mithril Knight / Knight Marshall

~Bearer of the Sun Ring of ~Anar~ - The Spirit of Endurance ^~^'Fëavoronwie'^~^
A Writer's Quest
Where Writer's Learn
The Writer Magazine
Parador~J
Spirit of Endurance

Postby Vanaladiel » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:32 pm

She had surgery on her shoulder about a month and a half ago and has been having to have rehab and it is sometimes very difficult for her. She has to go to Seattle for her rehab and she is living in Oregon now. So she has to travel up and stay with friends or family.

She has had a difficult time dealing with what life threw at her and how it really devastated her. I am so thankful that Ryan and I could be there for her through so much of it. We were close with her when it all came to light so that she was not alone but we could not help her with the pain and anguish that tore at her soul. I fear she will never be the same. I must say I am thankful that she moved out of that house and away from the area so that she can start over.

I believe in my heart that it was almost more then she could bear to see Ryan and I so happy as our relationship took off since her world was crashing around her. I am glad that she came to our wedding and read one of the poems there. I know she loves us and misses us as much as we miss her but I think it has also been a thorn in her side to some degree.
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby erinhue » Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:05 am

Never think that dear. Seeing those we love be happy is only proof that happiness still exists in the world. I know that how ever much pain Idril might have suffered she has nothing but joy for the two of you. I know something of what she has been through and while her situation and mine are not the same, in many ways they are and to see other's happy is only confirmation,for me at least, that life does indeed go on and that hope still exists. It might not take away the pain but it does not add to it, at least for me.

erinhue

Postby Vanaladiel » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:22 pm

:hug: Thank you hon. I needed that! Trust me it has been hard to watch our beloved friends go through the heartaches while we have been celebrating such happiness for ourselves and sometimes we have been very protective of you and Idril and not said things here because of the pain we knew you were in. We toned down some of our joys out of respect for our friends here who were in the midst of sorrow. I do not regret putting others first ever but it sometimes is very hard to know how to keep it in balance. :hug: We love you hon more then you will ever understand I think. Beings we have never met in real life sometimes I know folks do not understand such strong loyalty or how there can actually be friendships all that strong. Perhaps it is a bit one sided or I am deceiving myself but I think I can count you as a very good and very close friend. Both you and Idril are very special to me!
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby erinhue » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:32 pm

No, not one sided at all. You touched my heart long ago and it ached for the golden soul I saw in such undeserved pain. I wanted to more for you, to help you but I did what I could and I hope it was of help to you.

There were very few people who could have been happier for you when I learned of your growing love and I meant what I said that I am so honored and pleased that you chose this day of all days to link your lives forever. I love you and Guru too. I know what others might say but I count you among my most cherished friends, even if we have never met in real life. I don't need that. This life here on the boards is a real to me as any other form of existance in some ways it is even more real as there is nothing but the expressions of souls that meet and touch without any externals to bring judgements or cause undesired reservations or comformance to preconception.

I also meant what I just said to you. I would not have you constain your joy for one second in consideration of me. I have known that sort of joy and the fact that it goes on is something to be celebrated for every blessed moment of its existence. The joys of those that I love and hold dear are soothing balm to my own heart. To think that all the world was no more than the boundaries of my pain would be a world I would not care to walk in. The fact that there is joy is balm for my pain and helps me to walk the road my life has taken. I loved as you love and I would not have the slightest shadow fall over something like that. You celebrate your joy and happiness when ever, where ever and how ever you please and just know that in some small way you celebrate for me as well.

erinhue

Postby Vanaladiel » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:46 pm

I promise I will my sweet brother of the boards. :hug: :D

So how did the family gathering go today?? Did you all eat up a storm??

Then let's get busy and get you that ring Sir!!! :twisted:
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby erinhue » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:52 pm

Oh yes we did. It was really sort of grand. Going over to the birthday thread to yammer on about it. :wink:

erinhue

Postby Vanaladiel » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:35 pm

Good let's get this party started then!!!! :happydance: :D :clap:
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Parador~J » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:53 pm

:cry2: :cry2: **happy tears**

That was so beautiful you two :grouphug:

This has been one of the best three days I've had in a LOOOOng time....

Where's that 'Goodship Lollipop'? I keep expecting it anytime now with all the wonderful 'positive flow' going through this place, :lol:

**....looks over at her post count...** Yes! Lets go get Hue's Preciousssssssss ;)
Parador~J
Spirit of Endurance

Postby erinhue » Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:06 pm

Hope those three days can multipy a thousand fold for you darlin. May that Good Ship Lollipop take up permanent berth in your harbor.

erinhue

Postby Parador~J » Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:16 pm

:lol:

With you guys around...how can it not! 8)

I'll make sure to post at least once-a-week.....or twice...or...three times!

It will multiply around the holidays ;)

:drink:
Parador~J
Spirit of Endurance

Postby Vanaladiel » Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:00 pm

I am glad to hear that sweet sister of my heart!!! :hug:
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby SmaugsBane » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:58 pm

Um, hello? Is this thing on? *tap tap*

Hey everyone. I know I have said time and again that I want to come back. And I do. Sorry to be such a flake. My cup runneth over more than just a little, causing me to "live in the moment," which is great unless you have plans you'd like to accomplish. Like finishing an RP, or a novel, or a drawing, etc...

Anyway, I'm not actually dead, just a little comatose. I think of you all often and ol' Dirk will make a return. Sooner rather than later, I hope.

Love you guys and gals.
SmaugsBane
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:11 pm

Well it is great to see that you found your way back to the light. :rofl: :hug:
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby erinhue » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:54 pm

First best thing is ta see ya, Boss. Second best thing would be a post but I will settle for the first best thing anytime. Brightest Blessings to you myfriend and prayers that all be well. We'll see ya when we see ya, sooner hopefully rather than later.

erinhue

Postby Cock-Robin » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:37 pm

Yes great to see you. And I hope you're doing well wherever you are, Parador. Positive thoughts to you and SB.

Hey, Parador, speaking of post counts, I've passed you. Maybe when you are able to come back when your heavy caseload lets up, we can make it a horse race again. :horse:

Sort of like the contest between Gimli and Legolas. :D

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Lanastus » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:50 pm

I am interested in petioning to join The Mithril Knights Warriors Guild. Between lookin on the front page of this forum and the Mithril Knights web site I have found two seperate ways of going about this. Ergo my question.

Which one do I use?

I apologize scincerely if I posted this in the wrong location, yet I knew of no better place

~Lanastus~
Lanastus
Shield Bearer

Postby Vanaladiel » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:04 pm

This is the thread to petition in but we would have to see some examples of your RPing on the boards as well as a post from you posted here with an introduction to your character. Then we have to see if you wish to be a Knight in Training and then see if we can work you in where we are in our story.

I am not the one to be able to accept you by myself. It is a group decision but we do need to see some work of what you are thinking of doing and get to know your character.

So work something up and lets have a look!!! :D
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Lanastus » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:48 pm

hmm time to think
Last edited by Lanastus on Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:17 am, edited 6 times in total.
Lanastus
Shield Bearer

Postby SmaugsBane » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:50 pm

Which 2 ways are you speaking of, Lanastus? As far as I know there's only one procedure. Please follow the steps on the website. The link is in the first post if this thread.

Edit: Looks like we cross-posted.

From the "How to Join" page of the website:

Petition the Knight Marshall. This must be done via email. Include your character name, a brief history, and your TORC user name. See the Guild Officers page for contact information.
Last edited by SmaugsBane on Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
SmaugsBane
Ranger of the North

PreviousNext

Return to Alliances and Guilds: The Peoples of Middle-earth