Mithril Knights Warrior's Guild

The varied peoples of Middle-earth at times found unity in their pursuits, and all too often experienced deep rifts. Engage in lively conversations as we banter about the differences between the Alliances, and recruit for our People as well. Remember, keep it friendly.

Postby Parador~J » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:45 am

SB....are we still using the 'Knights-in-Training' thread?

Just want to make sure of where to start the post at... Don't want to lead Andalion down the wrong path when he's just getting started, lol
Mithril Knights Warriors Guild
~Mithril Knight of Lore
~Mithril Knight / Knight Marshall

~Bearer of the Sun Ring of ~Anar~ - The Spirit of Endurance ^~^'Fëavoronwie'^~^
A Writer's Quest
Where Writer's Learn
The Writer Magazine
Parador~J
Spirit of Endurance

Postby Parador~J » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:34 pm

I talked to SB...and he suggested that we close the Old KiT thread and create a new one. I thought this as well...are we all ok with this?

Also...as I was doing my research (reading the RP's in trying to catch up on the stories...and trying to figure out where Parador's been)...I had a couple of ideas come to mind that might help us in our RP history and posts...especially those who are new here. I was thinking that we need to create a thread or even put this on our website: The names of the Guild Houses MK has set-up throughout ME...may be a little history on each one...and also the servants and messengers for each Guild House. And whatever else may be of help for those researching a story and/or post who need names of people, their horses, their weapons, ect.

Back when I was RPing...I had a notebook filled with this stuff....a history on each character, etc. (I know there's a spot for each of us to create a history of our character on the website...need to get this done on Parador). But this will be of more detail...along with the names of our Guild Houses, etc. It really helped me to write my RP posts so I was more accurate in getting it right and not embarrassing myself with the wrong information.

Another idea might be to have a summary of each RP tale. There are times I've needed to know something back in another RP tale for one of my posts...but having to go and read all those posts to find it was such a chore...if ever I found it. I thought...may be creating a summary or synopsis of each of our episodes would help in this area.

If this would be alright with our Guild Members...I would like to possibly take this on...or collaborate with someone in doing this.

I know it sounds like a lot of work...but once it's started...it shouldn't be that hard to do.............ok...so it will be a lot of work......but hey...what a rewarding job it would be :lol:

Or...you may think I'm off my rocking horse...and should go and get a life. But...this is my life! Love this place :)

I'm working on a post...but it's taking time. I promise to get it up this week. A lot of it is I have to come up with a good story as to where Parador has been...and to link this up to Andalion's KiT...and then we take it from there ;)

:drink:
Parador~J
Spirit of Endurance

Postby Vanaladiel » Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:37 pm

Oh I cant wait to read your post Parador sweetie!!!
Image Spring come quickly!!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

We mourn the loss of another wonderful man from TORC! oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby SmaugsBane » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:47 pm

Parador, that's a wonderful idea. I know that Elenath did some extensive work consolidating the RPs for the website, which can be found here. But if you wanted to condense them, it wouldn't hurt. It would be a daunting task, to be sure.

But I also think a list of Guildhouses and a bit of info on the history of each, including residents, House Steward, servants, etc is a good idea. Perhaps you'd like to work on it with your KiT's help? It could be posted here until Elenath is able to return and post it to the website.

Any objections form anyone?
SmaugsBane
Ranger of the North

Postby Guruthostirn » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:17 pm

Nope, not at all. I don't have any inspiration for the topic, as of yet, but I'd love to see more added to the website.

When it comes to the RP summaries, I think they could fit easily in the existing site, with their own pages, with links back and forth to the consolidated full RP tales.
Guruthostirn
Mariner

Postby Vanaladiel » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:10 am

No objections from me either!! Go for it hon!! :hug:
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

We mourn the loss of another wonderful man from TORC! oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Parador~J » Mon May 05, 2008 4:18 am

Thank-you, guys for your support on this! :hug:

Hope you're doing good, Vana :) :) I want to call and say hi...but haven't been able to. I will this coming weekend :D

I created and posted for the new KiT thread :thumbsup: I know...I'm a day late...and a dollar short, lol:)

Do we want to create an OOC thread for the KiT's or just use the OOC thread for the Mithril Knights?

My thinking is it would be good to keep the KiT's separate from the main RP story OOC thread...but, Only when we haven't merged the stories together. Which will be the case once Andalion and I reach Fornost and join the other Mithril Knights.

I'll get on with the new project as soon as I'm done with Andalion's KiT :D

Andalion...I apologize if I didn't get your character down right while writing him. It takes a few postings to get to know the character in order to do justice for them while writing them in a post. 8)

I felt a bit rusty after not having written in an RP in a while...but it sure felt good to write again. I feel I'm going to be ok now :P **goes and lays down after such a thought provoking post**

**snicker...snicker**
Parador~J
Spirit of Endurance

Postby shaggydog » Tue May 06, 2008 7:16 am

I'm just curious, but, why is Claymore writing in the main Mithril Knight IC/RP thread, and Andalion is doing a KiT in another thread?
shaggydog
Rider of the Mark

Postby Vanaladiel » Tue May 06, 2008 12:18 pm

I was wondering that myself!!! I thought it was said that we didn't have enough people to do a separate kit thread??
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby erinhue » Wed May 07, 2008 6:26 am

That's the way I heard it. We didn't have enough at the time but since Parador J has returned and neither one were in the current story it made sense I suppose. Claymore did come in right when we were restarting this whole thing. No doubt about the writing so it made sense to just have Djazi come along.

Shaggy's Bril might have been due to me and my usual big mouth, although Bril is not officially a KiT still needs to earn some warrior chops way I heard it anyway.
"Where ever you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Bonzi

erinhue
Warrior/Bard of Belfalas Illuvatar's Bright Spirit

Postby Vanaladiel » Wed May 07, 2008 8:52 am

Just making sure I didn't miss something or lose my mind!! Thank hon!! :hug:

Yes it makes sense since they weren't there at the beginning and they can always join us along the road somewhere. :D
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby erinhue » Thu May 08, 2008 6:05 am

Boss, Just wanted to tell ya that Hunter has expressed interest in joining the Guild. She said she sent in an appliction letter but I never got it She will try sending it again I told her to try you too, I figured it was good timing since we just got a KiT thread started.

erinhue

Postby SmaugsBane » Thu May 08, 2008 7:18 pm

Dang. Sorry for the absence. I've been relying on the subscription thing too much I guess. Anyway, Let me read up and see if I can answer some questions.

A separate KiT OOC is fine. Just make sure that if a KiT or a Mentor has a question for someone writing in the main thread that you get our attention over here.

It's like Hue said. When Claymore expressed interest, all of the Knights that were around and wanted to write RP at the time were already involved in the main story. So we made a group decision to bring Djazi along.

Shaggy is a guest writer and Bril (for now) is a sort-of auxiliary character. Once he becomes a warrior (a side-storyline that I can't wait to read by the way!) he will split off with his mentor (Hue) on a seperate quest which will serve as his KiT, and after which, they'll return to the main thread, just like P~J and Andal will.

Hunter, if you're lurking, try sending it again either to Hue, Guru, or myself.
SmaugsBane
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:21 am

Wow! This thread is sinking into oblivion and it shouldn't happen!! yeah yeah I know we are elsewhere and doing other things.

I just wanted to bring this back to the top and let everyone know the RP is moving again and you should all get in there and post!!!!! Please!!!
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby SmaugsBane » Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:24 pm

While I agree that this thread shouldn't die, this is really only secondary to RP, for the MK's. As Elbren said, "We are a 100% RP guild." So this thread is really mainly for those interest in becoming MKs or wanting to chat with us. Our Guild "business" takes place in the Pony.

With that said, let's keep it rolling y'all!
SmaugsBane
Ranger of the North

Postby Parador~J » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:52 pm

Yes, gotta keep this going :D

With not receiving subscriptions to the threads I've posted in...I have to make sure I check Today's Active Topics on a daily basis.

A big thank-you to Herald Hue for letting me know of Andal's post in the KiT thread :thumbsup:

Because I'm not getting the subscription notice to the thread...I didn't know Andal had posted :shock:

Working on a post Andal...

Yes, we'll be meeting-up with you guys...somewhere. Need to go and update myself on the main storyline. I know I'll be emailing you guys with questions to see if I'm on the right track...

I hope everyone is doing good and having a good weekend! :D

And just to keep you up-to-date...I'm working on the MK project. Emailing Elenath right now...to get her input and suggestions and to see if I can be of any help with the MK website :thumbsup:
Mithril Knights Warriors Guild
~Mithril Knight of Lore
~Mithril Knight / Knight Marshall

~Bearer of the Sun Ring of ~Anar~ - The Spirit of Endurance ^~^'Fëavoronwie'^~^
A Writer's Quest
Where Writer's Learn
The Writer Magazine
Parador~J
Spirit of Endurance

Postby erinhue » Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:34 pm

:wink: Just doing m'job, m'am, just doin' my job. 8)

erinhue

Postby Vanaladiel » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:38 am

This thread has not been posted in for over a year!! :Q I can not believe it!!

What was the purpose of this thread again???
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby erinhue » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:46 am

Don't start me ta lying. I had totally forgot about it myself. :roll:

erinhue

Postby Vanaladiel » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:51 am

I just thought it needed to be brought up again since we are preparing for that council meeting that might get things moving again with the new recruits and all. :thumbsup:

You only need 350 more now!! Woooo Hooooo!!!!! :clap:
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Parador~J » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:44 pm

***bows respectfully to Erinhue and Vana***

If I'm remembering right...this thread was the OOC thread for the MK stories....SB created it back in 2007 (looked at page 1)
:lol:

OOPS! It's the Mithril Knights Warriors Guild...I was thinking of the wrong thread...how did I pull up that first page of the other thread? **scratches head methodically** sorry about that :P

It's good to have it pulled up again, though!

Even though I'll be in school next week...during my study breaks...I'll check in and keep up with the story. I love reading MK's stories :)
Parador~J
Spirit of Endurance

Postby erinhue » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:37 pm

And I just love being in and writing for them. :wink:

erinhue

Postby Parador~J » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:56 pm

Aye...and you do it so well! :)

The need to write can be a powerful thing...kind-of-like when your stomach growls...and you know you need to eat...the hunger intensifies as does the need to write.

Hope you're feeling better, Hue :hug:

:bookworm:
Parador~J
Spirit of Endurance

Postby Guruthostirn » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:15 pm

I don't remember why we had this thread...but I think it kinda works as a place where us knights can socialize without having to involve story stuff.

As to the need to write...it's a fire, a burning in the brain, an itch in the fingers. You can't resist, you must get it out...unfortunately, in my experience, when the burning is relieved, it's a pendulum swing, and I can't come up with anything to put down at all...
Guruthostirn
Mariner

Postby Vanaladiel » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:58 pm

Parador!!!!! :clap: I am so very glad that you have posted again. I have missed you so very much my sweet sister of my heart(SSOTH)!!! :hug:
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Parador~J » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:25 am

Aye, I've missed you too, Vana!!! :hug:

I'll pop in when I can. School is going to take up my life this year...but in between breaks I'll be posting here and there for now. :thumbsup:

I hear ya, Guru...it comes in like the tide and then washes out :lol:

:hihi: Tempest, Idril and Elenath....and SB!!
Parador~J
Spirit of Endurance

Postby Vanaladiel » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:41 am

P darlin J :hug: :rose: I know it will be a tough year but you can not only do it but you will sparkle like a diamond in it. I will look forward to each and every lovely post you can give to us. :D :hug: Love you sweet friend!!!
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby erinhue » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:54 am

Parador, darlin' we will be looking forward to what ever time you can spend with us whenever you can spend it. :wink:

erinhue

Postby Parador~J » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:06 am

I'm sittin' here with tears in my eyes....I just love you guys :grouphug:

It is with friendships like ours that helps us get through anything :)

I'm with you and following your journey...and I hope to join you after Dec 18th (determined to anyway)...that will be my holiday break until mid January when 2nd semester starts.

If I don't write with you guys...I'm going to burst!!!! :lol:

I'll figure out what to do with Parador in between semesters ;)

:bookworm:

:TORC:
Parador~J
Spirit of Endurance

Postby Vanaladiel » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:02 am

Well keep following along cause we will do what we can to find you a place to pop in and join us even if it is only for a moment in time.

Do you wish for us to keep you somewhat in the storyline like somewhere that we might hear from or send off to? Something like that. I can keep your name coming up now and then in the conversation or the memories along the way.
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

PreviousNext

Return to Alliances and Guilds: The Peoples of Middle-earth