The Merry Bowmen of Dale III - Toy Turmoil in Dale

The varied peoples of Middle-earth at times found unity in their pursuits, and all too often experienced deep rifts. Engage in lively conversations as we banter about the differences between the Alliances, and recruit for our People as well. Remember, keep it friendly.

Postby rwhen » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:46 am

Canamarth, have a great weekend and see you back here next week. No worries, I won't let you eat yourself to death or anything.

Rwhen looked about the table and the food seemed to be going down easily enough. As she scrutinized each of the people there, she knew that her initial curiosity at learning how to shoot was a silly one. Any of them would laugh to think that she could even string a bow, much less be trusted enough to point the thing in the right direction. Her place in life was somewhere else, she just didn't know where yet.

The wine flagon needed refilling, the bread basket and butter plates as well. The elf took the silence as a good omen that the feast was being enjoyed, it is rather tough to speak when one is busy stuffing one's face. She smiled and refilled the items getting low. When it appeared that things were slowing a bit, she returned to the kitchen and removed the baked apples from the oven. Topping them with yet another dollop of creamy butter, it sizzled as it melted down the sides, just as she wanted.

Bril chose that moment to pop his head through the doors. "Can I help with anything?" His face and hands were greasy and left a print on the door frame, but his eyes were warm and happy.

"I think I got it covered. What do you think folks thought of the feast?"

"Dunno," he craned his neck around to survey the hall. "Still eating like it was their last meal or something. I noticed that you didn't join us for eating, you too good for us or what?" A wolfish smile threatened to leap onto his face.

"Yeah, that's it, Bril. You know me SO well." She rolled her eyes. "I have been tasting the food all day and actually am quite full. I would like to have a walk about the grounds after everyone excuses themselves, you want to join me?" She was hopeful, but one never knew with the dire wolf.

"Do I? Well let me think." Rwhen tossed a wet dishrag at him which he caught deftly.

"Wash your face!!"

Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Time out of Mind, forever bound to my Knight Ayslhyn

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever :hug:
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby shaggydog » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:13 am

Bril gave his face and then hands a half-hearted swish with the damp rag. He much preferred the good washing up he would give himself after the meal was completely over and he could morph back into a wolf. No sense wiping away perfectly good grease if one could lick it off instead.

He considered rwhen's suggestion of a walk later, and slowly nodded. "I'll help you clean up, then sure, I'd love a nice amble. If you're sure you'd rather that than trying your hand with the bow." The offer to help clean the kitchen was very self serving. Rwhen would make sure all the food that could be stored was properly put away. But the odds and ends, and scraps from the plates, not to mention the scrapings left in the pots and pans - well - Bril could take care of those in a matter of a few minutes.

As for the walk, in a way it made him quite happy to think that she would want to spend some time with him. On the other hand, there was still a definite feeling of unease at the thought of getting too comfortable in her company, or rwhen in his. The control he had when he assumed his wolfish form was always so unpredictable . . .
shaggydog
Rider of the Mark

Postby Bardhwyn » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:21 am

Bardhwyn pulled the platter holding the carcass of the chicken closer to her plate. She began pulling the smaller shreds of meat of the bones (and relished the fact she could seeing as the Scribe spared the bones in her right hand). Long months in the wilds with unruly clansmen had taught her how to scavenge for every last bit of food.

"Canamarth! How long have you had the Elven cook, what was her name?"

"Rwhen," Canamarth replied, speaking into her mug as she drank.

"Arwen? Really?"

"No, Rwhen."

"Ah, right," Bardy repeated, a bit bemused. "Well, she's a keeper, however you spell her name. Better than Oi."

I heard that! a rolled a dwarven voice from the entrance hall.

"Right that you did!" Bardhwyn called back. She leaned over the table and spoke in a whisper, "He hasn't changed!" Canamarth just rolled her eyes.

"A tale!" Bardhwyn called out! "Of some adventure or exploit! There are long gaps in both time and tale that we can rectify here in front of our fire. We've got ale and wine enough, I know because I fell over all of it getting inside. And is that baked apples I smell?"

The weekend went by far too quickly. * sigh *
Bardhwyn
Mariner

Postby rwhen » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:25 am

One of the dwarves kindly started clearing the tables of empty trays, bowls, platters and such. The kitchen was a wreck, but rwhen knew that the wonderful staff under Oi's direction would have it put to rights in no time. The apples were placed in gold gilded bowls with a whipping cream laced with brandy on the side. She brought out the tray to looks of gratitude and sated bellies.

"Last for you, these apples were baked with a butter and brown sugar crumble filling. The cream on the side is whipped and has a little surprise in there, just to round out the feast. Did I hear something about tales or stories?"

Bardhwyn had her mouth full of the warm apple dessert, but mumbled, "tha's right.......ummmm." She gave up trying to speak and did a thumbs up instead.

Smiling, the elf nodded in response, "good enough. Bril and I are going to walk some of this meal off and we hope to join you by the fire to hear of all the travels and tales you have had. I look forward to getting to know you all better." She executed a small bow and turned back to the kitchen.

There were four dwarves already hard at work on cleaning and replacing all the items that had been used for the cooking and serving of the meal. Rwhen grabbed Bril by the arm and headed out the side door and to the back of the guildhouse.

The sky threatened dusk, but a sliver of the sun could still be seen sitting on the highest peak that was visible.

"My favorite time of the evening. I can almost see magical shapes in the hedge and bough."

Bril cocked his head to one side and then the other and whimpered, "I don't know what you mean, rwhen. There is nothing out there at all, well except the deer, birds and squirrels and a few other rodents." His muscles twitched.

"Don't even think about it, your stomach is quite full I should think."

"I can't help it, it is natural for me to chase the animals, even when I am not hungry." His golden eyes twinkled in the last of the light.

"Restrain yourself." rwhen smiled tightly.

"For you, okay. But you know it will be hard."

rwhen turned suddenly in front of Bril, grabbed his shaggy head and planted a kiss directly on his lips. His body froze.

"Does that help to distract you?" Her eyes were set and her small elvish face turned upwards towards him.

A bit of distraction for the dire wolf. Bardy, can't wait to hear your tale!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby SilverScribe » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:54 am

. . . I agree, the weekends always seem to just whiz by . . . unlike the work week . . . *sigh* oh right, this week I'm not at work . . . hehehe . . . =:)

Scribbles finally sat back and wiped her mouth with a napkin, belched into it and then drained her ale mug. She was never one to turn down a feast, especially when it was a feast that she wasn't involved in cooking, not that she'd ever be able to turn out anything like the lady Rwhen had been able to. Of course, neither would she want to . . . she considered cooking a necessity, not a pleasure.

When rwhen placed the dish of baked apples and whipped cream on the table, she groaned inwardly but helped herself to one of the delectable treats anyway. After all, what was a feast without dessert? ;)

"Your talents know no limit," she told rwhen with a smile. "Enjoy your walk and I for one will look forward to a tale or two from you as well . . . and Bril," she added.

Once the baked apples and brandy-laced whipped cream had been dispatched with gusto, Canamarth rose. "I'm sure Oi has already laid the fire in the Hall, shall we go and see?"

Scribbles rose and re-filled her ale flagon at the sideboard. "Agreed. I for one am all in favour of a comfy chair to relax in whilst I digest the Lady Rwhen's magnificent dinner."

:D:D:D

( I figured I'd move the action to the warm fireside in the Hall. We have a Great Hall, don't we? =:) )
SilverScribe
Scribe, Wanderer, Warrior . . . Bard of Rhudaur and Herald of Manwe

Postby shaggydog » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:21 pm

*is extremely distracted* :Q

:love:

Despite his full belly, which induced an instinctive soporific effect, and despite the enticing smells of the twilight fauna, which induced an instinctive urge to hunt about in the undergrowth, rwhen's kiss completely highjacked all of Bril's six senses. The instinct which won out was perhaps the most powerful of all, and Bril gave in to it, utterly and without complaint. Wrapping his arms about her tiny waist, without the need or desire to separate his lips from hers, he kissed her back with an intensity which both pleased and unsettled his human self. For the moment, his wolfish side was somehow subsumed in this all-too-human sentiment of intimacy.
shaggydog
Rider of the Mark

Postby rwhen » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:03 am

As the pair parted, rwhen felt something that she never had before. There were tingles running through her small frame and something in her stomach made her excited and nauseous at the same time. She ducked her head also finding that she was feeling a bit shy all of a sudden.

"I don't know where that came from, Bril. I also hope that you don't mind?" She glanced up fearful of what he might say or be feeling himself.

"It's okay with me, you just surprised me is all. They say the first kiss is like that, but you are the only human I have ever had the pleasure to find out for sure with. Tell me? Is it always so sloppy?" He grinned a wolfish grin.

That was it. "Sloppy? SLOPPY? Are you trying to say that I don't know how to kiss or something?" The darkness was deepening and she had to strain to see his expression.

"No, that isn't it at all. I guess I sorta thought......."

"You know what? Why don't you let me do the thinking from now on!!" She crossed her arms in front of her and stood her ground.

"Hey, I didn't mean to offend you. I was only asking. Are you human females all like this?"

"Like what?," she asked carefully, hoping that he picked up on the dangerous tone of her voice.

"You know, one minute all lovey dovey and the next trying to bite your head off?" Bril didn't see the danger at all.

She thought for a moment before answering, this might actually turn to her advantage after all. "Indeed and you would do very well to keep that in mind next time you think to steal a kiss from me."

"From you? Hey, it wasn't MY idea, you know.......oh, FIREFLIES!!" With that he bounded off, turning dire wolf on the way.

"Men!! Um, WOLVES!" It wasn't until that moment that she realized what a mess she had made. And elf and a dire wolf? She had never heard of such a thing. She made a mental note to speak to someone who had more experience than herself about it and headed back to listen to the tales in the guild hall.

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby rwhen » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:21 am

:cry2: I killed the thread!! :cry2:

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby SilverScribe » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:28 pm

rwhen wrote::cry2: I killed the thread!! :cry2:

No you didn't . . . silly girl. This thread always moves in fits and starts . . . :D

To be honest, I think everyone found themselves a comfy chair by the fire and are currently sleeping off that feast!!

SilverScribe

Postby rwhen » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:29 am

*Scribbles gives rwhen an idea*

SHAGGY, people need to be awakened!!! :D

Thanks Scribbles.

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Canamarth » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:52 am

"Hnch ... what?" Canamarth awoke with a start. After the splendid feast, the Scribe, Bardhwyn and Frelga had moved to the comfy chairs by the great fireplace. They had settled down, massaging their brimful bellies and sighing to their stomach's content and then ... Well, the Mistress Archer had rested her eyes for a while.

The tinkling of a spoon in a cup had woken her up again. Oi had put some tea and coffee on the small table by the fireside and the Scribe had helped herself to something hot. She smiled at the startled archer. "Coffee! That'll make us all a little livelier again, ey?" She poured a little coffee and diluted it with so much milk that one rather had to speak of a homeopathic dose. A glance around the room told her that rwhen and Bril had not returned yet. "I don't think rwhen's invitation for us to join them was really meant with all her heart, wasn't it?"

Took me longer to return because work at work decided to make itself a bit of a nuisance. :roll: But - Ring*Con was nice. Met a lot of cool people and had a great time. :)
Canamarth
Ringbearer

Postby shaggydog » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:14 am

Having mindlessly bounded about, snapping his great jaws at those infuriatingly tempting little lanterns flitting amongst the trees, Bril finally came to halt and looked back over his shoulder. It seemed as if he had lost his human – typical! Just when one came up with an entertaining diversion, they always hightailed it for some boring chair to prop their feet up and snore. At times like this it was quite easy for Bril to forget he was a human himself, or could be if he so chose. Gulping down one last glowing bug, he trotted back towards the guild hall. Pressing his great shoulder against the door, he slipped inside. The table was, very unfortunately, now cleared and wiped down, clean as a whistle. Poking his head into the kitchen, he found several dwarfs but no rwhen. His nails clicked on the hard wood floor as he wandered into the great hall. Just as expected, the various diners now sat, or sprawled rather, in comfortable looking chairs, talking in low, desultory murmurs. Rwhen was seated cross legged on the floor, close to the fire and wore a contemplative look on her pretty face. Intending to quietly lay down beside her, Bril only managed to get as far as the low table where the fresh coffee and tea were laid out. In passing, his bushy tail brushed the pots and sent hot liquid flying in several different directions.
shaggydog
Rider of the Mark

Postby Canamarth » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:22 am

Canamarth deftly evaded a spoon flying her way. The Scribe, sitting right next to the coffee table, was not quite so lucky. Some hot fluids spattered her legs.

Hey there. Glad to see someone bounding in again. :)
Canamarth
Ringbearer

Postby shaggydog » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:14 am

wags his tail happily brushing it across the table and through the spilled coffee and tea, showering Canamarth with a fine sprinkle of moisture

WOOF!

:D
shaggydog
Rider of the Mark

Postby rwhen » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:26 am

Pulling bits of butter and tea from her hair, rwhen looked at Bril with a smile, she knew that his intentions were always good. "Did you think I needed some form of softener in my hair tonight?"

Bril laid on his belly with his head lowered to the floor between his massive front paws and let a little whine go as he exhaled through is nose. She laid a hand on his head and leaned back again.

The Scribe didn't look too happy, but hey it was just some tea afterall, clothes dry, she hoped that was all there would be to it. She had been looking forward to hearing about the travels of Bardhwyn and more of what had happened between Scribbles and her.

"Anyone up for a story or two?" Canamarth chuckled softly and looked expectantly to Bardhwyn.

~~~~~~~~~

Leaving ya a hook!! Hopefully, if we didn't run you off the thread.

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Canamarth » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:24 am

"Anyone up for a story or two?" Canamarth chuckled softly and looked expectantly to Bardhwyn, while she patted her own face dry with a handkerchief.

"Is my mascara running, by the way?" she whispered to rwhen while plucking another piece of butter out of the elf's hair.

No running me off this thread. It might take a while for me to return but I'm never wholly out of earshot. ;)
Canamarth
Ringbearer

Postby SilverScribe » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:59 pm

Scribbles looked down at her tea-spattered trousers, then shrugged. "At least he didn't come in covered in cow dung," she grinned. "Then, I'd have had to kill him."

She waved a hand as Bril's head came up and a soft growl sounded in his throat. "I was joking," she assured the dire wolf. "Im sure you're far too well behaved to ever get in that much trouble with me," she finished with a wink. She snagged the Ale pitcher before Bril brushed it off the table with his tail and refilled her flagon. Grinning at the rest of the company, she sat back.

"I too am interested in a tale. Who would like to start us off?"

I'm never too far away as well, though I'm going to have to return to not logging on from work during the day . . . :blush: . . . hopefully Bardy will pop in soon too.
SilverScribe

Postby shaggydog » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:53 pm

Bril twitched his ear, alternating from one bowman to the next. But the sweet torpor of good food and drink still hung like a mantle about the small company. With no effort, and only a slight raising of eyebrows in his direction, he stretched, yawning, and assumed his human shape once more. "I can sing a song if you like." He smiled, noting rwhen's slight grimace but paying it no mind. She had heard him singing earlier when they were out chasing fireflies (and had been of the opinion then that if he didn't quiet down the hens would stop laying).

Not hearing any objection, he launched into the one song he knew by heart, delivering it with a wolfish tremulo something like a very quiet howl.

Far to the north, there sits a maid
"Byloo, my baby," she begins
"Little know I my child's father
For if cot or den he's living in"

Then there arose at her bed feet
A growling guest, I'm sure it was he
Saying, "Here am I, thy child's father
Although that I am not comely

I am a man who tills the land
I am a wolf who hunts the hind
And when I am in my own country
My dwelling is in Sule Skerry"

Then he had taken a purse of gold
And he hath put it upon her knee
Saying, "Give to me my little wee son
And take thee up thy nurse's fee

It shall come to pass on a summer's eve
When the moon shines white on every stone
That I shall take my little wee son
And teach him for to run in the gloam

You will marry a gunner good
And a proud good gunner I'm sure he will be
But he'll go out in a fall’s twilight
And kill both my wee son and me"

Loath she did marry a gunner good
And a proud good gunner, I'm sure it was he
The very first shot that he did shoot
He killed the father but the son ran free.

Far to the north, there sits a maid
"Byloo, my baby," she begins
"Little know I my child's father
For if cot or den he's living in"

my sincere apologies to SOLAS for so mercilessly mangling their very lovely song :P :rofl:
shaggydog
Rider of the Mark

Postby rwhen » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:36 pm

rwhen sat rapt in awe and fear when Bril began his song. It wasn't that the topic bothered him at all, but she thought more about bringing in a pack of stray wolves to bother the bowmen/women(?).

By the end of the song, there was dead silence. Each listener simply stared in the dire wolf's direction. Bril, suddenly shy, looked to rwhen for support.

She cleared her throat and stood. "Bravo," she clapped and looked encouragingly at the others. "Hey Bril, next time you can sing by the window."

"Why would I want to do that?" he asked a bit defensively.

"That way I can help you out!!"

rwhen had thought to be funny, but Bril pulled up a chair and sat down brooding behind her. She turned to say something but he had arms crossed over his chest and was pointedly looking the other way.

maybe someone will say something to get me out of this.....

;)

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Canamarth » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:14 am

It was high time to break the icy silence that had followed rwhen's misdirected jest (frost flowers had started to blossom on the window mentioned ...).

"So ... " Canamarth started. "Let me tell you a story I heard on a long dark night in a seedy bar in Minas Tirith." The Mistress Archer leaned back in the armchair and started in an ominour voice:

"The fact that Arel Areldan was buried did not seem to him to prove that he was dead: he had always been a hard man to convince. That he really was buried, the testimony of his senses compelled him to admit. His posture -- flat upon his back, with his hands crossed upon his stomach and tied with something that he easily broke without profitably altering the situation -- the strict confinement of his entire person, the black darkness and profound silence, made a body of evidence impossible to controvert and he accepted it without cavil.

But dead -- no; he was only very, very ill. He had, withal, the invalid's apathy and did not greatly concern himself about the uncommon fate that had been allotted to him. No philosopher was he -- just a plain, commonplace person gifted, for the time being, with a pathological indifference: the organ that he feared consequences with was torpid. So, with no particular apprehension for his immediate future, he fell asleep and all was peace with Arel Areldan.

But something was going on overhead. It was a dark summer night, shot through with infrequent shimmers of lightning silently firing a cloud lying low in the west and portending a storm. These brief, stammering illuminations brought out with ghastly distinctness the monuments and headstones of the cemetery and seemed to set them dancing. It was not a night in which any credible witness was likely to be straying about a cemetery, so the three men who were there, digging into the grave of Arel Areldan, felt reasonably secure.

Two of them were young students from the Houses of Healing a few circles up; the third was a gigantic Haradan known as Jhâk. For many years Jhâk had been employed about the cemetery as a man-of-all-work and it was his favourite pleasantry that he knew 'every soul in the place.' From the nature of what he was now doing it was inferable that the place was not so populous as its register may have shown it to be.

Outside the wall, at the part of the grounds farthest from the public road, were a horse and a light wagon, waiting.

The work of excavation was not difficult: the earth with which the grave had been loosely filled a few hours before offered little resistance and was soon thrown out. Removal of the casket from its box was less easy, but it was taken out, for it was a perquisite of Jhâk, who carefully unscrewed the cover and laid it aside, exposing the body in black trousers and white shirt. At that instant the air sprang to flame, a cracking shock of thunder shook the stunned world and Arel Areldan tranquilly sat up. With inarticulate cries the men fled in terror, each in a different direction. For nothing on earth could two of them have been persuaded to return. But Jhâk was of another breed.

In the grey of the morning the two students, pallid and haggard from anxiety and with the terror of their adventure still beating tumultuously in their blood, met at the Houses of Healing.

'You saw it?' cried one.

'God! yes -- what are we to do?'

They went around to the rear of the building, where they saw a horse, attached to a light wagon, hitched to a gatepost near the door of the dissecting-room. Mechanically they entered the room. On a bench in the obscurity sat the Haradan Jhâk. He rose, grinning, all eyes and teeth.

'I'm waiting for my pay,' he said.

Stretched naked on a long table lay the body of Arel Areldan, the head defiled with blood and clay from a blow with a spade."

Thanks to Ambrose Bierce for the main ingredients of this one. :)
Canamarth
Ringbearer

Postby SilverScribe » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:45 pm

Scribbles applauded after Bril's song . . . she'd heard much worse in may dark and disreputable inns in her long lifetime. The dire wolf's human rendering of the song hadn't actually been that bad.

After Canamarth had related her tale, or at least what may have been only the beginning off one, Scribbles interrupted.

"But why were they digging the man up in the first place?" she asked, an amused smile playing around her eyes. "And why would the two students be paying the Haradan to kill a man who was supposed to be already dead?"

She re-filled her ale flagon yet again and leaned back in her chair.

SilverScribe

Postby rwhen » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:00 pm

rwhen scratched her head as she listened to the questions from the Scribe.

"Reasonable questions, but a good tale Canamarth!" she smiled in approval of the offering. She, of course, knew a few tales herself, but as she filed through them thinking on which would be a good one to relate, a solid kick came to the back of her chair.

"Stop that!!" she whirled on Bril who was smirking. "Would you like me to kick you out of the guild house?"

"I'd like to see you try," the dire wolf actually laughed out loud.

rwhen knew she did not possess the strength to man handle the old wolf and her thoughts now shifted to other ways to get even with him. A dowsing of water while he slept, a bit of pepper in the morning porridge, flea's in the bathing soap?

She sat and pondered, her eyes heavily lidded.

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby shaggydog » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:14 pm

Bril had listened intently to the guild mistress's tale, his head cocked to one side. For once, his better instincts kicked in and he decided that his own tale of a midnight foray into a human graveyard would not have gone over so well with his companions. Licking his lips in any case, in remembrance of that occasion, he politely waited until Canamarth had concluded her story. The Scribe then posed her questions and Bril thought this was the opportunity he was waiting for. It had been at least an hour since they had finished eating, and his stomach was sending urgent messages to his brain. The memories of that long ago midnight feast (it had been one of rats only, but what they had been feasting on themselves was no mystery) had added to the insistent internal rumblings. With less of those "better instincts" at work, he kicked rwhen's chair to get her attention.

"Stop that!! Would you like me to kick you out of the guild house?" she said with a frown.

Bril, with his usual obtuseness, interpreted this challenge as a playful gesture on rwhen's part. "I'd like to see you try," he replied, laughing out loud.

Rwhen did not respond, simply sitting there smoldering. Bril's stomach gave an audible grumble. "Well, at least come with me to the kitchen." he implored. "That way you'll be closer to the door and you'll have that less far to toss me." He grinned at her.
shaggydog
Rider of the Mark

Postby rwhen » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:09 am

"Come with you to the kitchen? You are hungry AGAIN?"

Bril turned those large sad eyes in her direction. whimper

"Ah, who could say no to that." she and Bril excused themselves and went to the kitchen. All the food had been put away, but she found some beef and bread and made two large sammiches for the dire wolf.

"There that ought to hold you for a bit. After this, you are on your own, mister"

Bril munched happily on the offered food and his eyes now twinkled in delight.

"It is getting late, I think I think I should get ready for sleep, are you staying in the house tonight or heading out under the stars?"

The last of the sammiches were finished off and Bril wiped his face with dish towel.

"Thank you Lady Rwhen. Sleep?" he craned his neck towards the window. "I might take a midnight stroll about the grounds, see if I can catch a squirrel by surprise. But, how about a good night kiss?" he looked hopefully in her direction.

She stood on tippy toes and kissed his brow. Bril was having none of that, he gently wrapped her in his strong arms and gave a proper good night kiss to the elf. As they parted, rwhen started for the back door instead of the door to the upstairs. "Oops," she reddened. "I think I need to go this way," she pointed to the right direction and headed up the stairs.

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Canamarth » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:01 am

"'Midnight snack', ey," Canamarth commented when Bril and rhwen had left the room.

"Anyway," she turned to the Scribe. "Some people have 'uses' for dead bodies which don't bear thinking about." The Mistress Archer shuddered over her all to frequent use of airquotations tonight and put some more wood on the fire.

"So, something more cheerful from the Scribe and Bardhwyn? Or are we staying in the more sombre regions?"

Hope you all had a good start into the new year!
Canamarth
Ringbearer

Postby Canamarth » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:52 am

Canamarth woke with a slightly stiff neck. The last thing she remembered was some sort of very dull tale from the Scribe :P that had immediately set her to sleep right in the comfy chair next to the fireplace. A few last glowing embers greeted the dawn.

"Hm, no one around anymore," the Mistress Archer muttered, as she slowly got up and strechted like a cat. Her neck creaked when she looked around the Bowmen's hall. Oi had cleared away their late night snacks, only the air was a bit stale.

Canamarth went over to the windows, to let some fresh air in.

Let's see if we can raise a few Dalers and friends. :)
Canamarth
Ringbearer

Postby rwhen » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:12 am

rwhen heard someone rattling around downstairs and splashed some water on her face and then taking the stairs two at a time, hit the floor skipping to the kitchen.

There was already water on the boil and tea cups set out. She prepared the the scones with honey and butter and brought a tray out to Canamarth.

"Top of the mornin' to you," rwhen smiled sitting down and pouring a cuppa for the both of them. "What happened to everyone?"

Canamarth shrugged and opted for food and tea instead of discourse.

maybe this will start something up...hope all is well with you Lady friend

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Canamarth » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:16 am

While chewing on her scone, Canamarth eyed rhwen closely. Flushed cheeks, cheerfulness brimming on the annoying, tousled hair ...

"Pho," Canamarth said with a mouth half full of scone, "How wash ze night wiz Bril?"

Yeah, this could get interesting ... :D

I'm really fine, rhwen. Got a new job and started an online study course on Fantasy - both of which manage to keep me away from all sorts of extracurricular fun - but as they both are fun in themselves, there's nothing to complain about. How are you these days?
Canamarth
Ringbearer

Postby rwhen » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:46 am

rwhen looked out the window and a small frown formed on her elvish face. "I don't know. We went out for a walk, the silly thing saw an owl and took off. I haven't seen him since. Maybe later I will have a walk about and see if he fell down a hole or something."

"I am sure that he is fine, don't worry," Canamarth tried to sound hopeful, knowing the dangers that could fall to anyone or anything out all night long alone.

"It isn't as if he can't take care of himself, it is more that ... well, I should call him slightly careless." She winked.

"Slightly?" Canamarth enjoyed another bite of the scone.

Both ladies munched in companionable enjoyment of the repast.

Glad to read that you are well. Shaggy/Bril is and has been gone for quite some time. I doubt we will see him back again...but Frelga or Scribbles could wander on by...or OTHER very lost friends. We can hope.

Work is pretty much the center of my life this past two years, but we are hanging in there. Thanks for posting on up again. Love this place.

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Canamarth » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:17 am

"There are spiders out there in Mirkwood bigger than houses," Canamarth mused on the dangers surrounding Dale. "Then there is talk of dragons being sighted flying in from the Withered Heath. The Wood Elves can hardly be trusted. The Lake can be pretty rough this time of the year. And the toymakers are on strike in Dale. I hear their toy weapons can be pretty annoying when bumped over the head too many times ... Whichever direction he took - he's in trouble!"

Yeah, we can always hope. What say you to a short trip into the city of Dale? To try and rescue Bril? All the other adventures probably lead to writing on a more epic scale than I can deal with at the moment. And Dale is the ideal place to meet some old/new friends.
Canamarth
Ringbearer

PreviousNext

Return to Alliances and Guilds: The Peoples of Middle-earth