The Merry Bowmen of Dale III - Toy Turmoil in Dale

The varied peoples of Middle-earth at times found unity in their pursuits, and all too often experienced deep rifts. Engage in lively conversations as we banter about the differences between the Alliances, and recruit for our People as well. Remember, keep it friendly.

Postby Canamarth » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:30 am

"Too late." :P The stick split lengthwise as an arrow sliced through it a few feet before it hit the ground. The shavings slowly drifted to the ground.

Canamarth tried to ingore two accusing stares. "What can I say? I haven't had any archery practice in years." The stares became questioning faces. "No, it's not an excuse for hitting the stick so badly. Just that my fingers were kind of itchy and... Oh, Mordor." She grabbed another stick and threw it. Resisting the urge to shoot the thing, she smiled encouragingly at Bril.
Canamarth
Ringbearer

Postby shaggydog » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:30 am

:shock:

Nice shot!!!!!!! :clap:

*is momentarily distracted by a fly*

*snatches fly in mouth and eats it*

*misses the throw*

*sits there stupidly waiting for someone to throw the stick which is now across the field*

Ta for the address rwhen and I did send you a wee message re your new RP
shaggydog
Rider of the Mark

Postby rwhen » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:20 pm

rwhen had taken the momentary distraction to grab the roasting ribs from the spit and loaded a plate for the Mistress, Bril and herself. Setting a cloth on the spongy grass, she laid out plates filled with delightful dishes for the two ladies and nothing but fat dripping, meat filled ribs for Bril.

"COME AND GET IT!!"

Bril came charging at such a rate that even after he applied the brakes, he still skidded across the grass into rwhen who landed palms first into the freshly baked cake that was in the center of the cloth.

He looked about as pitiful as an animal could look and rwhen quickly forgave him while he pranced and jumped in place, careful not to knock her over again.

Holding out her hands, she allowed Bril the remove the cake from her finger tips. Frosting now adhered to his whiskers.

"Come on Canamarth, lets eat and YOU," she pointed a finger to the canine, "will kindly keep it neat."

;)
Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!OldToby

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Time out of Mind, forever bound to my Knight Ayslhyn

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever :hug:
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby shaggydog » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:41 am

(he was only looking sad cause of the wasted cake-age) :D

*is a bit dizzy from all this constant shape-shifting*

Bril lays down with one huge rib held tightly between his paws and tucks in.
shaggydog
Rider of the Mark

Postby Canamarth » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:47 am

"As long as I don't have to keep it neat," Canamarth smiled and helped herself to some ribs as well. "There's nothing better than a bit of fat to waterproof and soften new leather trousers, you know," she said and smeared her dripping fingers on her thighs. :D
Canamarth
Ringbearer

Postby shaggydog » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:19 am

You better watch out Canamarth! I see Bril is sniffing at those trouser legs already. And he loves to chew on leather :D
shaggydog
Rider of the Mark

Postby rwhen » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:46 pm

And that's not all. :whistles:

Tossing Canamarth an apple, the threesome lay back and enjoyed the afternoon air. Dozing, the thoughts of archers and food and acorns all drift in and out of Rwhen's conscious though. Soon snores were heard from the trio. A rock protruding into her back caused her to crack one eyelid. Her other two friends still snoozed. She quietly got up and washed her face. Looking about the playing field, she thought there was some movement. Yes, one of the archers were actually looking her way. She scrubbed at her eyes and they only got more blurry. She widened them as large as they would go and the sun glinted off of something...was it an arrowhead?

"Hey, wakie wakie you two, we might have some company."

*being hopeful here*
Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!OldToby

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Time out of Mind, forever bound to my Knight Ayslhyn

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever :hug:
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Canamarth » Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:21 am

She was in the streets of Minas Tirith. Walking, prowling, hunting. There was a man she had to follow. Hunt, find. The streets became little alleys. Grey, dark, dim. Her hands clutched a dagger. Well-balanced, glinting, deadly. There was a thud. Sigh, silence. Then there were voices. Blood, crime, murder. She ran. Wishing for oblivion.

"Hey, wakie wakie you two, we might have some company."

Canamarth awoke with a start. She jumped to her feet and grabbed one of her hidden throwing knives. A dream of violence faded away as her surroundings became clearer. She followed the elf's gaze to where the pillars of salt stood. There was a gleam. Bright, shiny, deadly.
Canamarth
Ringbearer

Postby shaggydog » Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:28 am

Bril, in wolf form, raises his head, alert to the sudden small movement on the archery field. The hair on his scruff stands up slightly as he sniffs the air and looks to his companions for sign of recognition and acceptance of the one detected.
shaggydog
Rider of the Mark

Postby SilverScribe » Sun May 04, 2008 3:59 pm

saunters out of the trees (where she had gone off for a bit of a solitary walk some time ago), spies a few people and wanders over . . .

Whew! Bilbo wasn't kidding, you just never know where you'll end up whenever you set your foot on one path or another. Mmmm, something smells good, did I miss all the food?

spies the hand-printed cake . . . Oh, and artistic dessert too. Shiny.

:D:D:D

ooc: shaggydog, I love your sig pic and quote. That's from GRR Martins first book in the Song of Ice and Fire, isn't it? :D
SilverScribe
Scribe, Wanderer, Warrior . . . Bard of Rhudaur and Herald of Manwe

Postby Canamarth » Mon May 05, 2008 7:43 am

:shock: It's one of the salty pillars. And it's talking!

How were you faring all the while, Scribbles. So glad to see you popping in again. :hug:

No worries, you know there's always food aplenty to be gotten at the Merry Bowmen. *hands Scribbles a cake; and another; and another; and another... till realisation hits that she only has two hands*

And it seems rwhen's trick actually worked. :D
Canamarth
Ringbearer

Postby shaggydog » Tue May 06, 2008 7:13 am

SilverScribe wrote:ooc: shaggydog, I love your sig pic and quote. That's from GRR Martins first book in the Song of Ice and Fire, isn't it? :D

Yep! I'm one of those Martin fans who spends an inordinate amount of time curled in a ball sucking my thumb and unable to function as I wait for book five to come out :roll: :rofl:

Do you recognize my username then Scribbles? and my location? :D

Stares enviously at Scribbles and all the cakes she's being handed. Slinks over and plants himself at her feet in case she drops one
shaggydog
Rider of the Mark

Postby Canamarth » Thu May 29, 2008 7:19 am

Actually, I've got a feeling Scribbles's been a little overwhelmed by the cake-welcome. Maybe you should start eating your way through to her... :D
Canamarth
Ringbearer

Postby SilverScribe » Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:33 am

Scribbles got overwhelmed all right, but not by cake, although that was a delicious way to be greeted . . . :D Thank you Mistress Archer. :D

But in truth, it was real life dropping an elephant on my desk at work, and another on me at home. Spring and summer have been hectic, work is crazy with short delivery deadlines on the project I'm on, and home with large yard projects like planting trees and hedges.

Yes, shaggydog, I do recognize your location ;) but I confess, I had to go back to the first book to look up "shaggydog". I have to re-read that entire series soon, though I'm tempted to wait for the fifth book. I bought but haven't read A Feast For Crows yet, as long as it takes GRR to write, I'll have forgotten most of it before the next book is out, LOL.

Great name though. :D:D:D

Scribbles tosses several large chunks of cake to shaggydog, then grins and goes to the food tables, selects a juicy, thick rib steak and gives him that too . . .

Can't have you living on cake, y'know . . . ;)

SilverScribe

Postby A_Simple_Poet » Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:20 pm

Well, I've decided to permanently stick with the Dale banner for my TORC alliegance. :)

At local RenFests, I always attempt archery tournaments, though my ability in simple poetry presently ... uh ... transends my skill with the arrow. :oops:

Merry? Well ... not tonight exactly, I'm a bit troubled of mind this day. :roll:

So can someone give me an idea, please, on what it takes (in a nutshell) to be a Merry Bowman of Dale? :?
A_Simple_Poet
Ranger of the North

Postby SilverScribe » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:44 pm

Mae Govannen, hail and well met, Will! Nice to see another Dale Blue banner in here!

In answer to your question, this is from the first post:
This is a guild for Dalemen and -women and our merry friends who are proficient in the arts of archery or who want to learn these skills. Come here and help shape this place of, well, merrymaking and archery training.

So, it pretty much looks like all you have to do is show up, shoot a few arrows and make merry. Oh, and be extra nice to our resident Mistress Archer, Canamarth. ;)

SilverScribe

Postby A_Simple_Poet » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:20 am

Did I say permanently change my allegiance? Well, unfortunately after watching LOTR for the billionth time, I simply fell in love with Gondor again... :shock:

So let's just say I'm Will, a Gondor Knight Errant who happens to love everything about the Lonely Mountain region including the Merry Bowman of Dale, yes? :rofl:
A_Simple_Poet
Ranger of the North

Postby shaggydog » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:33 am

Well, if you're looking for a slow paced, laid back kind of a guild, Will, this is it :D

*is almost certain he saw one of the pillars move*

Hey Scribbles, Canamarth, :) Happy Holidays!

*continues to gnaw on dusty bones*

:D
shaggydog
Rider of the Mark

Postby Canamarth » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:06 am

*throws shaggy a few fresh bones that still hold a bit of meat* Can't have you choking on them dusty ones, now, can I?

Hail and well met, Will. You reached the Bowmen during one of its quiet spots. And I see that the Gondorian knight errand has erranded forth to become an elf this time o' year. :D You're very welcome as a merry friend and even more welcome if you decide to put up Daleish banners again.
Canamarth
Ringbearer

Postby Canamarth » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:54 am

As Canamarth is about to set out on a long journey she walks around the pillars of salt, pats each on the back carefully so as not to dislodge too many crystals and whispers into the silence: "If anyone should turn up here, make sure to make yourself heard. I have recently learned to astral-project myself so I can be back in here in a flash ... if I am asleep, that is."

Just seeing if anyone is still around. :)
Canamarth
Ringbearer

Postby SilverScribe » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:35 pm

Oh, I'm still around . . . just as a shadow of my former self. ;)

So, you're starting on a regular walking regimen? That's fab, I have a friend that I've walked a 6 km loop with, twice a week, for probably 6 years now. It's a great, low-impact way to get out and get some fresh air.

Keep us posted . . .

SilverScribe

Postby Canamarth » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:26 am

Hey there Scribbles. Your shadow still looks great, though. :hug:

Well, I am walking to/from/at work every day and am interested in how many metres I actually clock up. Will get a pedometre soon that'll tell me more but I estimated the walk to/from work takes me 1 km every day. No clue how much I actually walk around at work. And yes, the idea was that I don't just use those few steps for the journey but maybe get so excited that I actually start walking/biking more to get to next milestone. I've seen you're participating as well and are on the road out from Bag End as well?
Canamarth
Ringbearer

Postby Frelga » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:27 am

Said :hihi: elsewhere, but always a pleasure to greet an old friend again.

I made it to Rivendell this spring, so now I can keep my hillman company, in a virtual sense. :D Pedometers don't seem to work so well for me, maybe they rely on a manly, up and down mode of walking rather than the feminine, more swaying kind. But I figure if I am on my feet for 20 minutes, that's about a mile. Mostly, though, I log my walking and hiking miles.

Good luck on the road! Hope to have a glass of miruvor with you one of these days.
Impressive. Every word in that sentence was wrong.
Luke Skywalker, The Last Jedi
Frelga
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby Canamarth » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:16 am

Canamarth appears - slightly transparent but apparently able to handle stuff in the physical world as she puts a glass of miruvor in front of Frelga. "If you speak of alcoholic beverages in the Merry Bowmen's guildhouse you can be sure that they'll appear instantly." :D

"What will you have, Scribbles?"

Glad to see you, too, Frelga. :hug:

Pedometer arrived yesterday and this is my first day of trial. I gues we'll see how it works out.
Canamarth
Ringbearer

Postby SilverScribe » Sun May 03, 2009 8:46 pm

The shadowy form of the Scribe nodded with an appreciative grin. "Mmmm, I'll have a nice single malt if you have it."

I was participating in the Walk to Rivendell, but got sidetracked. Not from walking, but from the thread, LOL. My friend and I walk a 6km loop twice a week, and have done for probably 6 or 7 years . . . I'm probably past Moria by now, LOL.

I really should start logging my kilometers again, but between a lot of overtime at work and far too much going on at home, I just keep forgetting . . .

I'm bad, I know. :)
SilverScribe

Postby Canamarth » Mon May 04, 2009 7:31 am

*puts down a Dorwinion single malt in front of the Scribe*

"There you go. Hope that tickles your tastebuds."

I decided to work with averages for the days I spend at work (so far the average rests at around 3km per day but I will be collecting a bit more data with my pedometer) and add the odd walk here and there with the help of either the pedometer (when practicable) or with a map after the fact. We'll see how long my enthusiasm to log those km lasts, I guess. :)
Canamarth
Ringbearer

Postby Canamarth » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:49 am

Canamarth appeared again. This time in actual fact and through the door. She sat down at one of the large tables, whipped out a book from her backpack and started reading without giving the guild house much of a glance.

Oi went up to her table and asked if she wanted some refreshment. - No answer. The dwarf tried again. - Still no reaction. He squinted at the cover of the book and could make out a few letters between the Mistress Archer's fingers: THE F...L..SHIP OF ...ING. He understood.

Quietly, he took her backpack upstairs, put some water in the kettle and prepared a cup of tea which he then put down in front of Canamarth. He had almost closed the kitchen door behind him when he heard a murmured: "Thanks."
Canamarth
Ringbearer

Postby Canamarth » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:18 am

The book she had been immersed in for so long (along with two others of similar design) were back in the library. These days, the Mistress Archer was to be found behind a pile of books concerned with such elusive topics as romanticism and escapism, strewn with the odd book about poets' lives and works. Her finger was stained from holding the quill at an odd angle over her notes. She was looking out of the back window towards the archery range. Without her noticing, the first leaves had disentangled themselves from the trees behind the range and were blowing across the open space in an autumnal breeze.

"Alright, that's it," she said and flung down the quill. "Time for some exercise."

I'll actually be shooting my longbow this weekend - after almost a year without practice ... :oops:
Canamarth
Ringbearer

Postby SilverScribe » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:23 pm

A year? Well, this'll give you some much needed brushing up then, eh wot? Any chance there'll be pictures? :)

The Scribe ambled in from the ale cellar and glanced out to the archery range. With a grin, she retrieved her bow and quiver from a corner by the hearth and followed the Mistress Archer out into the late summer afternoon . . .

SilverScribe

Postby Canamarth » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:36 pm

Pictures depend on if the photographer can dodge the stray arrows ... We'll see what we can do.
Great to see you in here, Scribbles. :hug:

"Ah, someone has found her way out of the woodworks," Canamarth smiled as she saw the Scribe emerge from the guildhouse, looking a bit ruffled around the edges. "Yeah, I know, the ale cellar does that to people. Mind you, it's not as bad as spending four and a half months in the wine cellars. Ask Oi. Or better - don't. Anyway, glad you're here. In case we need to call a healer ..."

Canamarth put an arrow the the string, drew, released - and missed the target she had been aiming at entirely. The arrow embedded itself into the one right next to it, though; almost dead centre. With a sideways glance at Scribbles, the Mistress Archer rallied quickly. "A bit of cross-range shooting for starters."
Canamarth
Ringbearer

PreviousNext

Return to Alliances and Guilds: The Peoples of Middle-earth