Riders of Rohan: Fourth Muster

The varied peoples of Middle-earth at times found unity in their pursuits, and all too often experienced deep rifts. Engage in lively conversations as we banter about the differences between the Alliances, and recruit for our People as well. Remember, keep it friendly.

Riders of Rohan: Fourth Muster

Postby RohanCouncil » Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:48 am

:horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse:

This thread is dedicated to Rohan and its people. We post stories and poems concerning our favorite land here, discuss things relating to Rohan and its people, and we from time to time do a light RP, which will be starting up very soon. We also do Role Plays over in the Prancing Pony, but those are finished at this time until inspiration strikes and we start a new one.

Membership here in the Guild is easy: Just ask and join. :P

Your alliance does not have to be Rohan, even though it is the best looking one. :P

To join in the RPs, here are the things that you need to do:
1) You must first ask (that's the polite thing to do :P :) ).
2) You must submit an RP writing sample, like a story. This is new. Look at some of our stories in the previous thread, or here as they are submitted. They don't have to be as long of course, just a sample. :)
3) And last you must post a bio of your character that you would like to use.

We are undergoing some adjustments in our ranks, but rest assured that Johnny_Flett is still our number one jester. We'll updated the member list as our members check into the new thread.

So on to a new RP and great discussion and fellowship. :)
RohanCouncil
Shield Bearer

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:52 am

Woot! I'm here! Much to JF's dismay. :P ;) :D

I don't guess there will be any Rohirrim in the Hobbit movies will there? :( ;)
:horse: :P
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby Gwenare » Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:10 pm

I'm here as well despite being overloaded in RL and very quiet here.

I'm not sure if I'll jump in the new RP or not. We'll have to see what happens.
Gwenare
Ranger of the North

Postby shieldmaidenofrohan » Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:04 pm

Here and reporting for duty!

And no, no Rohirrim in the Hobbit. Maybe we'll get lucky and PJ will throw us a bone for the Hobbit sequel (even though I'm still concerned that there even IS a sequel. :shock: )
shieldmaidenofrohan
Mariner

Postby Illyria_Orthriel » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:27 pm

Illyria Orthriel of the Elvish contingent reporting for duty and ready to ride!! :horse: <---- See
Illyria_Orthriel
Shield Bearer

Location: I'd rather be in Edoras right now.....even though I'm an elf

Postby NyckS » Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:11 am

I'm back!! How's it been guys?

Big stuff for me... big BIG stuff... I'm even engaged to a beautiful girl now!
NyckS
Shield Bearer

Postby Illyria_Orthriel » Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:56 pm

CONGRATS Nyck! :happydance: weddings! I love weddings, sore feet all 'round! (I work at a reception hall, so when we have weddings, or any other event, we walk...ALOT)
Illyria_Orthriel
Shield Bearer

Location: I'd rather be in Edoras right now.....even though I'm an elf

Postby NyckS » Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:11 pm

That's sad... sore feet are sad in general!
NyckS
Shield Bearer

Postby shieldmaidenofrohan » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:38 pm

Congratulations, Nyck!
shieldmaidenofrohan
Mariner

Postby Quimrill_Renctar » Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:40 pm

Wow Nycks! Go buddy! (Of course I knew you were going to ask her, I just didn't think so soon) So are you still going to have time to hang out :P

I too am back, but only for a short time. Heading back down to school before too long, in January. Probably not enough time to get involved in any serious rping, but I can browse and be general annoying and insufferable for the time being :D
Quimrill_Renctar
Ranger of the North

Location: A little patch of paradise I like to call... the backside of nowhere

Postby NyckS » Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:13 pm

Quill, I'll definitely still have time to hang out, just give me a call and let me know what's going on and when would work out for you. ;) My schedule is fairly "free" just spending time with her. ;)

And if y'all are thinking about starting another RP or if there's a current one that I could jump into, I have free times in the evening now that I'm looking to fill up with some good writing, now that I've quit playing Guild Wars.

*laughs* So I'm all for some good RP!
NyckS
Shield Bearer

Postby whereismysam » Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:00 am

Congrats, Nyck!

Reporting for duty. The Christmas/New Year's holiday and some hard times at work :| have kept me away until now.

But so very glad to be back!

:horse::horse::horse:
whereismysam
Ranger of the North

Postby lark » Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:27 am

I’m here too…sort of.

*waves to everyone* :)

I have to finish preparing my school curriculum this week and weekend, but after that, things should be back to normal. Whatever that is. :roll: :P
lark
Ranger of the North

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:35 pm

Well met Riders of Rohan!! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and other holidays. :)

Its time for us to get back into spamm...errr posting in here via a light RP.

We were looking at picking up the story where our characters have just returned home from the War of the Ring. This will occur before any events, meetings, or story lines involving our Vengeance Unleashed RP in the Pony.

Theoden has been buried and now is a time for healing in the land of the Riddermark. Eomer is King, and was thinking we could actually start with his coronation or actually some time right after that.

Our main idea is that not everyone in Rohan wants Eomer to be king, so that's has lots of possibilities to it there.

Any ideas from the rest of you will be most appreciated. Just post them here and we'll get going on another epic tale of adventure, intrigue, food, mayhem, comedy, and of course food. :D ;) :P
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby Quimrill_Renctar » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:45 pm

I vote for a pre-emergence of the Shireish inquisition!

We could all take offices within the radical wing of the Gondorian Government and hunt down and elf or wee folk who dislike Eomer’s rule. Which I’m pretty sure is all of them! :twisted: No one suspects the Span... err... Shireish inquisition!

Anyway, now that I've got that out of my system , I'm here too, if only for a very short while longer :P but here I am!
Quimrill_Renctar
Ranger of the North

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:56 am

Hi Quill! Sorry I didn't catch you before you had to leave, but its good to see you. :) Shireish Inquistion huh? There's some promise there. :P

Alright, some ideas being tossed about is that we could make new characters for this RP, or use our previous ones. I am leaning to making a new character at the moment, but we shall see.

If you have any ideas then post them here. :)
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby NyckS » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:16 am

I personally like the new characters idea... ;)

I like creating new characters... I really do.
NyckS
Shield Bearer

Postby Gwenare » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:41 am

New characters sound intriguing. Dan, how about two certain siblings we discussed earlier? ;) That might sound quite promising and also the ability to use previous characters if needed. ;)
Gwenare
Ranger of the North

Postby shieldmaidenofrohan » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:20 pm

If everyone's leaning towards new characters, I could go with that. The challenge for me would be making a new girl from Rohan that's not exactly like Rowyn. :roll: A new character could be an interesting challenge, though, since I've been with her for a very long time now.
shieldmaidenofrohan
Mariner

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:21 pm

Gwenare wrote:New characters sound intriguing. Dan, how about two certain siblings we discussed earlier? ;) That might sound quite promising and also the ability to use previous characters if needed. ;)

That could definitely work and be fun Gwen! We'd have to jump ahead about 16 years, but that's doable. The tension around Eomer's kingship could have been building up to that point.

Other thoughts?
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby shieldmaidenofrohan » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:57 pm

Elladan_Elfhelm wrote:
Gwenare wrote:New characters sound intriguing. Dan, how about two certain siblings we discussed earlier? ;) That might sound quite promising and also the ability to use previous characters if needed. ;)

That could definitely work and be fun Gwen! We'd have to jump ahead about 16 years, but that's doable. The tension around Eomer's kingship could have been building up to that point.

Other thoughts?

Ooh, I think I know where you're going with that now. If that's the case, I like this idea. :wink:
shieldmaidenofrohan
Mariner

Postby whereismysam » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:03 pm

Nope. Not a clue. But that is typical. And that is all okay. :D

I'd be game for coming up with a new character. I think that'd actually be a tough challenge, but I'd look forward to it!

:horse:
whereismysam
Ranger of the North

Postby Gwenare » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:22 pm

shieldmaidenofrohan wrote:
Elladan_Elfhelm wrote:

Other thoughts?

Ooh, I think I know where you're going with that now. If that's the case, I like this idea. :wink:

I thought you might. ;) :P
Gwenare
Ranger of the North

Postby Johnny_Flett » Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:02 pm

Hi gang!

Since everyone's agog over this new character business I figgered I'd better jump on the bandwagon. I'm thinking of a fifty or sixty-ish, shrill battleaxe of a woman with an oafish, philandering husband and designs on Eomer's throne. She doesn't come across as very effeminate, or even very human. The last time she tried to cry, it took over two hours of straining until finally a few drops of blood came out. Yarg.

Her or the guy with the lithp. Haven't decided.
Johnny_Flett
Rider of the Mark

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:54 pm

LOL!!! Sounds like a good character there JF! :P ;) :D Go for it!!

Hmmm, we do need a villian. :P

I'm still trying to decide how to start this off, but right now I think we are in agreement that it is about 18 years after the War. Plenty of time for Eomer to get on somebody's nerves. :P
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby lark » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:14 pm

New characters could be fun. :)

Gwen wrote:Dan, how about two certain siblings we discussed earlier?

I think I know what you’re talking about too. :D In fact, I think I still have pictures of them somewhere.

Smor wrote:The challenge for me would be making a new girl from Rohan that's not exactly like Rowyn.

I think I’ll have the same problem finding a character that’s not Lark. :roll: This will take some thought.
lark
Ranger of the North

Postby pat457 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:26 pm

Eoh-Mearcen Astigend faeger ond riht ! Can I join you?
pat457
Shield Bearer

Postby Gwenare » Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:02 am

pat457 wrote:! Can I join you?

Welcome! As the first post states:
1) You must first ask (that's the polite thing to do :P :)
2) You must submit an RP writing sample, like a story. This is new. Look at some of our stories in the previous thread, or here as they are submitted. They don't have to be as long of course, just a sample. :)
3) And last you must post a bio of your character that you would like to use.

You have completed the first part. ;) So just submit a writing sample and a bio and the powers at be, the Council ;), will be along to let you know. :)

Again welcome and if you have the time, go back to our previous threads or RP's in the Pony and read some of the RP's we have done before. :)

We are getting ready to start a new RP with new characters for most of us. I'm sure we will be seeing some bios soon. :)

*makes note to get with Dan to work on theirs* ;) :P Oh Dan, we need to do this seeing as our characters will be related. ;)
Gwenare
Ranger of the North

Postby Quimrill_Renctar » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:54 pm

A villian? Oh, I wish I was staying around longer. I so do like to play a good bad guy! :P I already have on in particular that I would love to pit against us.

Alas, for I am yet again leaving for yet another semester of school down in Florida! Oh well. Just wanted to stop by one last time and say goodbye for now, see you all mid-may. Cheers! :D

~Quill
Quimrill_Renctar
Ranger of the North

Postby pat457 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:03 pm

Gwenare wrote:You have completed the first part. ;) So just submit a writing sample and a bio and the powers at be, the Council ;), will be along to let you know. :)

Again welcome and if you have the time, go back to our previous threads or RP's in the Pony and read some of the RP's we have done before. :)

We are getting ready to start a new RP with new characters for most of us. I'm sure we will be seeing some bios soon. :)

*makes note to get with Dan to work on theirs* ;) :P Oh Dan, we need to do this seeing as our characters will be related. ;)

As for the bio, can I be Swiftbrand from Rohan (male and human), along with my trusty (brown) horse Longfax?

Swiftbrand's parents was killed when he was young and thus grew among his distant relatives in Gondor until he reached the age of 20 in which he went back to Rohan. He took part in the First Battle of the Fords of Isen, being part of Prince Theodred's eored, where he received a mighty blow on the head, dealing a cut on his forehead, which had bothered him since.

Is that okay? And finally, how do I write a writing sample? Very confused, as this is my first time to these things...
pat457
Shield Bearer

Next

Return to Alliances and Guilds: The Peoples of Middle-earth