Rally The Eldar......Book 3

The varied peoples of Middle-earth at times found unity in their pursuits, and all too often experienced deep rifts. Engage in lively conversations as we banter about the differences between the Alliances, and recruit for our People as well. Remember, keep it friendly.

Postby Sunsilver » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:23 pm

Orodreth-the-ever-so-humble wrote:There is a reason that Rally has lasted as long as it has, although I can only claim 99.9% of the credit....
...Tempest gets the last bit, but grudgingly....

:roll:

Where did that giant salmon get to? Someone need a good whacking!
Sunsilver
Ranger of the North

Postby orodreth111 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:52 am

... :rofl:

I knew I'd get a rise outta someone. It's nice to know Sunny reads all my posts...Kinda like being stalked, but in a fun way. Ah well, I should be used to it by now.... :P
orodreth111
Ranger of the North

Postby Sunsilver » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:15 pm

I was NOT stalking you though I usually read most of your threads, because they're generally quite entertaining. I just happened to pop into Scribbles' celebration thread, because she's a fellow Canuck. Of course, I saw your post, and it triggered my 'righteous indignation' button! :P

BTW, how come you haven't said anything about the WCA award Rally won? I thought you, of all people would be delighted! :?

[can't resist poking Oreo a little harder...] Image

What I love about this is the battle was such a group effort. Yes, SmaugsBane wrote a great battle scene, too (in the Mithril Knights thread) but it was just him alone. Great RP is all about co-operative writing.

Sunsilver
Ranger of the North

Postby orodreth111 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:56 am

...Rally deserved a bigger award. I am not delighted although I am happy for Tempest.

Quite frankly we were so obviously ignored for so many years that I could truly care less anymore.
orodreth111
Ranger of the North

Postby sandra » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:18 am

orodreth111 wrote:...
Hiya Sands, thanks for ignoring me for the last week.... :P

I replied to you in For the Fallen But Not Forgotten of TORC II thread, six posts down from yours. Haven't seen you in any other thread.
sandra
Ringbearer

Postby Tempest » Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:19 pm

OREO!!! You actually said something NICE about ME??!!!

You must be slipping. :P
Tempest
Ranger of the North

Postby orodreth111 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:22 am

Don't get used to it Rach...... :P

And sorry Sands, I didn't see that. I was wrong, anyhoo, good to see you too!!!!! :)
orodreth111
Ranger of the North

Postby Sunsilver » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:38 am

It's always an encouraging sign when the trash talking starts up again in Rally...

Usually means we're gearing up to get back to RP again!

Happy Spring, everyone!

I measured the snow in the woods with the pointy end of my snowshoes yesterday, and it's still about a foot and a half deep.... :shock:

Oops...I'm a day early...Spring officially starts tomorrow...so shoot me! :P
Sunsilver
Ranger of the North

Postby rwhen » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:12 pm

*picks up the trash*

:whistle:

I think I could be ready to resume. ;) I might even have a "waking" potion in my bag of tricks.

Welcome Amethyst Jade.

Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Time out of Mind, forever bound to my Knight Ayslhyn

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever :hug:
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby sandra » Fri May 08, 2009 2:24 pm

rwhen wrote:*picks up the trash*

:whistle:

I think I could be ready to resume. ;) I might even have a "waking" potion in my bag of tricks.

I think its time to use that potion :D

If you have something in mind, go ahead :)
sandra
Ringbearer

Postby Tempest » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:30 pm

*pokes thread with stick to see if it's still alive*
Tempest
Ranger of the North

Postby gimli_axe_wielder » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:36 pm

Edited by White Council Moderator!
gimli_axe_wielder
Ringbearer

Postby Tempest » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:49 am

Wow, Rally must really be dead if Gimli's streaking got no response from anyone. I held myself back for awhile just to see if anyone else would express their disgust. :roll:

So, here it goes....

GIMLI!! You have desecrated the sanctity of this thread. Rally is not your personal playground! :angry:
Tempest
Ranger of the North

Postby sandra » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:17 pm

I agree. Its unnecessary and thoughtless. I have edited out the post.
sandra
Ringbearer

Postby Tempest » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:09 am

Sandra: you make me smile! :lol:

That will show him!
Tempest
Ranger of the North

Postby rwhen » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:01 pm

Even though she had been with this small group for a short time, it now seemed like an eternity since she had left Lothlorien. She remembered the sage council of her grandmother to always show charity first and the sword second, but she didn't think she would be able to do that if she ever were to come up against that mob again and she hoped that she wouldn't. A nagging stitch in the back of her brain told her that this was far from over and to be happy for the relative safety of where she was. But where was she?

Carefully looking to the small dell they were let down in, rwhen tried to figure out what trees were just normal trees and what trees were sentient. In the end she reverted to the old childhood standard for choosing when all logic failed.

Pointing her delicate finger at the three most likely candidates, "pincha, mincha, bowalla, skee, I think I will choose thee." Her finger pointed to the large willow. "Good enough. Sandra?"

"What was that all about?" Sandra had been watching rwhen with a bit of amusement. "Very logical." She rolled her eyes but then radiated a bright smile.

rwhen had the good sense to redden slightly. "If you must know, I am going to climb that willow and see if I can figure out where in Middle Earth we are, unless you care to enlighten me and save me the scraped knee." rwhen stood with balled hands on hips, trying not to smile.

"No, far be it from me to stop you when you are on a roll or in a tree for that matter." Sandra waved rwhen off towards the willow, but took a place below as the elf started her ascent.

It took a considerable time to get to a level where she could see beyond their safe haven and what she saw was more trees. Many more trees. "Nothing," she called down to Sandra, "there is nothing but a sea of trees. I don't have the slightest notion where we are or if the Entwives are even going to come back again."

"Then come back down, there are other ways to discover our location." As Sandra uttered the words with her hands on the trunk of the huge willow, it started to vibrate. rwhen tried to skitter down as fast as possible, the bottom quarter of the willow was going to present a problem.

"Whoooaaaaahhhhhhh, hooooooooooo, haaaaaaaaaaa," thump The girl rubbed her backside as Sandra helped her upright. "Okay, now that wasn't fun at all." She addressed the willow with slight anger.

"You should know better than to make assumptions in Fanghorn," Sandra offered hopefully.

"I shall try to remember that for future reference, Sandra!"

Both ladies had been so distracted that they had not heard the rousings of their fellow companion, Orodreth. They lost no time hastening to his still prone body. Sandra was hovering over his head as his eyes started to squint open. rwhen got a fresh pouch of water and brought it to his lips, he sputtered as a trickle dribbled into his mouth. Then the obvious happened, he started coughing.

"By Elronds ears, get him into a sitting position before he chokes to death and reverses any healing that has taken place," rwhen shouted to Sandra, who complied promptly. It seemed that the coughing fit didn't last long, but utterly spent the fallen warrior.

"Here we go again," rwhen grumbled to no one in particular. "I can't stand this waiting around for who knows what to happen. I think I will take a ride about and see what is to be seen." She headed for her mare.

"Wait rwhen," Sandra was at her side. "I don't think it is a good idea to go off on your own, you don't know what is out there," she counciled.

"I know what is out there, trees. Lots and lots of trees. And right now," she said a bit louder and in the direction of the willow, "I would like a bit of space between myself and these trees."

At that point, the Entwife moved into view. "HAROOOOOOM HOOOOOM BOOOOM HOOOOM!!" She appeared to bend a bit at the mid section, huge eyes on rwhen. "Never make the mistake of underestimating an Ent or an Entwife. Old willow there is almost completely alseep now, he needs to remember his former self. HHHHHOOOOOOOOOOM. Did he invite you to climb his weary branches?"

"Well," rwhen looked at her feet, "not exactly. But it wasn't like I could hurt him or anything." She looked for support from Sandra who just shook her head in the negative. "So, what do you expect me to do? Apologize or something." rwhen had a smirk on her face that did not please the Entwife.

A bellowing HAROOOOOOOOMMMMMM made her ears ring and she covered them to try to drown out the sound. "No. I expect you to hug the willow."

"Hug. A tree. You want me to hug a tree?" rwhen's face showed the incredulity of the request.

"No I do not want you to, I demand that you do." The Entwife pointed a long finger in the proper direction. "Now."

rwhen muttered under her breath as she marched towards the tree. The Entwife and Sandra moved towards Ododreth, to assess his condition.

"Hug a tree, indeed." As she approached the willow, she could feel an anger of sorts and decided that it was best to follow the Entwifes demand. She maneuvered her small frame to the best advantage and tried to extend her arms around the ancient but smooth bark. It was an impossible task, the trunk was huge but as she was about to abandon the task, gentle branches and leaves surrounded her small frame.

"Hey, he likes me," she beamed backwards. She leaned into the embrace and took comfort there. Again the words of her grandmother came to her, be respectful of all things in nature, you never know who is your friend and who is your enemy.

"rwhen," called Sandra, "if you think you are through hugging trees, could you get that potion you spoke of? That is, if you think you can tear yourself away." Sandra looked pointedly at the girl and winked.

"No respect. I get no respect."

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby sandra » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:37 pm

Nice post Rwhen. Hopefully, others will follow :)

“Respect” Orodreth tonelessly mumbled with weakness. The entwife had positioned herself at his back to give support while angling himself against the bottom of her trunk. Sandra was kneeling at his side offering him more refreshment from the pouch. He measured Rwhen carefully between sips of water.

“You have twigs and leaves in your wind swept hair, several noticeable snags in your clothes and a toe poking out of that hole in your boot. Unless my eyes are deceiving me I’m sure I saw you slide down a tree then hug it. Why on earth do you think we should?”

“Now Orodreth, don’t be hurtful.” Sandra cut into his uttering before he could speak further.

“Rwhen was fooling when she made that comment. As for the state she is in, well that happened because of her good intentions in trying to find out our location. Besides, she has been very kind and helpful in nursing you and deserves more….Respect!”

A brief silence broke into airily laughter as someone in the group made a comment about going around in a full circle. Orodreth fisted his chest while catching his breath. The ever thoughtful entwife stooped to pat the warrior’s back but misjudged and swung too high cuffing his head instead. She was embarrassingly apologetic to the reddened face looking up at her but it certainly remedied his gasping enough so he could swallow the elixir Rwhen presented him with.

Moments later all appeared nonchalant. The trees stood tall and rustle free. Falmira was to one side taking in the last of the day’s sun. It isn’t often you see a horse standing motionless with its head slightly down and eyes closed. Orodreth had a more tranquil aura about himself now than he did a while ago. Once again he had settled back against the entwife’s stump and was quietly scanning the perimeter through pinched eyes. Sandra suggested they start westward towards the sunset now that Orodreth was awake. Rwhen offered that he ride Falmira until he was more able. They would have to move soon as the day was racing by and it was imperative that they made their next camp before dark.

The two women started to gather the few belongings they had together when an alarming HAAARRROOOMM vibrated through the peaceful air. Hung between disbelief and anger, old willow roared hoarsely at being woken for a second time.

“WHO DISTURBS ME FURTHER?”

“I am a messenger of Erebor and have flown here with news of fresh battle”

“WELL, OUT WITH IT”

The group below had gathered and were eagerly listening. The Raven fluttered its wings and swooped to a lower, less leafy branch squawking decisively in its best Westron tongue.

“Those who fly, spy and tell tales are the source of pandemonium. It began at the time of darkness. One of the Tempest’s lieutenants ordered some of the new recruits, trolls of the highest steep hills I believe, to the winery.” The warbler closed his beak tight as his gaze ferreted into each of them.

“Please, go on” Sandra encouraged him to continue.

“The overseer snaga gave them instructions ‘Take a bottle and fill then cork’ just as one of those nosy crows flew over and misheard, relaying it back to the dark lady’s army as ‘shake and throttle to kill an orc.’ Mutiny was declared and battle commenced immediately with beast attacking beast. Many are dead, many are injured. A blood bath best describes the scene.”

“And Tempest, where is she?”

“At present her exact whereabouts are unknown. She was last seen with a small group of partisans close to the battle area but vanished out of sight soon after.”

“Rumours are rife where the crows fly. They speak of abandonment….Tempests desertion!"
sandra
Ringbearer

Postby rwhen » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:42 pm

Excellent post Sandra. Let's see if it baits Tempest enough to want to post. :D

:thumbsup:

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby sandra » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:36 pm

Well. she is a bit slow these days...you have to consider age :D

I think this forum has slipped into top speed in the last couple of weeks. Rally slid down quicker than it has in a year. :shock:
sandra
Ringbearer

Postby rwhen » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:23 pm

Thanks for bringing it back up again, Sandra.

The forum is more active than it has been. :whistle:

But I would like to see THIS thread move forward and get into something more juicy than I have been involved in so far.

Without SB, do we still tack in that direction?

TEMPEST!! Where art thou?

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Tempest » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:58 pm

Tempest reporting for duty.

What have you two been up to? Trying to stir the pot, I see. You might get more than you bargained for there......Be ye warned.

And as for SB, I wouldn't expect him back any time soon, so it might be best to proceed without him, though I am wondering how to do that effectively from my end, seeing as he had become a major part of the bad guys thread....
Tempest
Ranger of the North

Postby rwhen » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:39 am

I have been saying the same thing, Tempest. He started a pretty dynamic plot line that we all followed. We COULD have a big ol' eagle come and pluck him away and up to a far away nest. When he comes back, he can figure out how to get back to us.

:D Just sayin'.

Either way, I would love to move forward and Sandra left a great hook in her last post.

Glad you showed up, Tempest. I am willing to follow any lead or direction we want to go here.

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Gilaglar » Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:08 am

I'm sorry I'm not around these days to post any more, but I am so incredibly thrilled that we won a WCA! :hihi:
Gilaglar
Ranger of the North

Postby rwhen » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:45 am

Hello Gil. Would love to see you back again too. But hey, life calls!! :)

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby SmaugsBane » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:24 pm

You spoke too soon, dark lady.

*SB cracks the door and peeks in, but doesn't stick his head inside for fear of catching Tempest's sword in the neck for his troubles*

Rwhen suggested I include Rally in this latest attempt at a comeback. I love that the RP doesn't move at the speed of light here. I think I may be able to step right back in with a minimum of prep time. heh heh heh *rubs hands together then backs away before arrows begin to fly through the crack in the door*
SmaugsBane
Ranger of the North

Postby rwhen » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:47 pm

:clap: WHOOOOO WHOOOOOOO!!!!!

Well, just in time ... my mother always said. Great to see you back again.

I bet Tempest has a nightmare tonight!! Well some premonition to come on back here anyway.

Hope you will have a bit of time to post on up, SB. :)
Last edited by rwhen on Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Cock-Robin » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:06 pm

You called for an eagle? I was over in Rohan looking over the horses. Yum!

Dr. Pepper on Sgt. Pepper anniversary!

Meneldor, Warrior Bard, and Brondgast, Mithril Knights

Gwaeryn and Robin, The Expected Party

Meneldor, Alatar and Pallando, Darkness Reigns: The Resistance

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby rwhen » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:09 pm

CR how are you my friend!!!!!

Had SB not shown his muddied, bloodied face again, I think I would have asked you to pluck him up and let him down somewhere in a very HIGH nest. :D

When you have the time read the prior rally threads to get a good sense of what is going on, if you like. At least the last half of the last thread. Good schtuff in there.

If you want to join, please apply to the mistress of the thread, mistress of rally herself, Sandra. :)

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby sandra » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:18 pm

Finally, they are coming out of the wood work now :D
And even if they don't Rp its still good to see Gil and SB alive and well :)

Sunny has said she may post again soon, fingers crossed.

CR you are most welcome to join us :)

Tempest, Rwhen and I await :D
sandra
Ringbearer

Postby Tempest » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:43 pm

I guess that reports of SB's death have been great exaggerated.

But if you don't show up here soon, Tempest may be tempted to kill you as she has rid herself before of other so-called dark alliances.

She doesn't seem to like sharing power...... :twisted:
Tempest
Ranger of the North

PreviousNext

Return to Alliances and Guilds: The Peoples of Middle-earth