Rally The Eldar......Book 3

The varied peoples of Middle-earth at times found unity in their pursuits, and all too often experienced deep rifts. Engage in lively conversations as we banter about the differences between the Alliances, and recruit for our People as well. Remember, keep it friendly.

Postby SmaugsBane » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:03 am

If you think the Zaugoth's "sweetness" is sincere, then I have some ocean front property to sell you in Iowa. There'll be more as soon as I stop my streak of neglect to the Mithril Knights' RP.
SmaugsBane
Ranger of the North

Postby sandra » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:04 pm

“Desertion?” There was bewilderment, as well as anger, in Sandra’s voice.

The raven ground his beak and peered into her face with confirmation. There was the tiniest pause before he continued.

“BANE!”

“A perfect description of the dark lady, my wise and feathered friend”

“Yes but your understanding is not my meaning” The bird went on, his speech soft and troubled. “The missing Tempest is thought to be allied to a shady character with ugly dark eyes. He answers to the name of Bane.”

“Bane?” Rwhen flicked a quizzing glance between Sandra and the heavily built raptor, seeking an answer to what seemed an impending threat. The Ents lost 3 feet each in height as they bent to hear the Raven’s near whisper tones. He had explained his quieter vocals some moments earlier with ‘one never knows if the uninvited might be listening’

“Some say he is a figment of Tempest’s vivid imagination. She has a constant struggle, an ambition to prove herself to be THE darkest supreme power. That nothing or no one can match her. There have been a few who dared to confront her and of those, all have overwhelmingly lost. New challengers have dried up of late. Her failure to totally destroy you, Sandra and your fellow followers of the light, is also making her bitter. A mixture of her frustration and boredom has created a ‘minds eye’ with reality.”

Sandra tried to give some credence to what had just been said. She shook her head slightly and focused on Orodreth, who was fussing with Elgil’s hilt. His hand would always naturally slip to his sword at the mere mention of Tempest. You could see by his face that he too was finding it hard to see the bird’s words as plausible. Both he and Sandra had known the dark huntress for many a year and this view of her just didn’t sit well.

The group didn’t discuss anything further for 10 minutes. The water bottle was passed among the group. The raven took advantage of the break by swooping down to feed. It was good to have some carrion without the hindrance of scavengers.

“Now, others believe” the bird led the conversation into a second round after settling back on Old Willows lower branch. “He has come from the past. That is, he has always has been around and has been involved in Tempest’s many wars, not as a combatant but a plotter of deviousness. Steadily, he has grown stronger and is now dominant and her influenced heart has weakened to him.

“I can’t believe that her dexterity and judgement would be swayed so. Her cunningness is very much self made and self controlled”. Sandra paced three steps to the left and back again. “Weakened to him? Are you talking Suitor or Union or both?”

The bird ruffled his feathers then pulled his head in against his shoulders. “Maybe either, maybe both”

A feint humour touched Orodreth’s eyes. “Buffoonery” he sardonically remarked. “She fell foul last time and she will do this time too”

The Ents rustled in agreement. Rwhen, obviously curious about that last comment, couldn’t wait to hear the in-depth gossip surrounding it.

“Last time, Oh good lord!”

“No he wasn’t” Sandra laughed at the double entendre. “I remember the ceremony clearly as if it were yesterday. His dark face crinkled into a grave smile ‘To be my awfully wedded wife, in darkness and in fire, in cruelty and in greed.’ Tempest’s reply was equally well matched. The act was desperate. They both assumed it would give them the almighty power and the glory eternal.”

“What happened to him? Where is he now?”

“No one knows for sure, except Tempest of course. There one day and gone the next. Vanished into oblivion.” Sandra looked about at her wider audience “And now we are asked to believe that Mrs. Nazgul_Lord may don her silver veil for a second time.”

Orodreth gave a quick sibilance of breath at the thought of another sordid union. “Tempest is far from ignorant but if she really believed this mindless act could make a dark force so strong no enemy would be able to stand up against it, then she would take the chance.”

“Yes true. But any form of alliance would put us at a great disadvantage.” A worried Sandra gave deep thought before continuing. “If this Bane exists, I’m sure his interests go far deeper than marriage. We must draw our own conclusions and if we are united in agreement of history repeating its self then we must prepare.

“I’m in favour” Orodreth was first to vote
“So am I” Sandra approved
“Make that 3 yes’s” Rwhen raised her hand
“4” The Raven squawked in turn

The 2 ents haaaaroomed in unison making it an undisputed full house in favour to make ready for war.

Sandra looked at the bird and ordered it to return to Erebor under the Mountain. “Fly in haste and summon Dain’s dwarves. Entwife and Old Willow, hurry our message to the rest of your clan. Orodreth blow that horn. Hopefully Sunsilver, Gil and Anya will hear and respond.

“We will never flee from the dark; let the dark flee from us”
sandra
Ringbearer

Postby SmaugsBane » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:16 am

Ugly dark eyes? ouch!!

I see we are once again down to a snail's pace. That's great by me as RL has made my computer access dwindle to just a few moments per day right now. But, that being said, don't let that stop anyone from posting.
SmaugsBane
Ranger of the North

Postby Gilaglar » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:24 pm

Nine months?!? :Q :shock: :Q :shock: :Q :shock:

Someone could have carried a pregnancy to term since the last post in here! Honestly, the beer breaks get longer and longer!

:P

I hope everyone is having a good 2011 so far!
Gilaglar
Ranger of the North

Postby rwhen » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:43 pm

Rwhen heard Sandra's last statement at first with some renewed faith, then thought about it again.

"Sandra, I will never lose faith, but I have lost some patience. We have waited a long time for Dain and his ilk to arrive, even the Ents have not given us any news in such a very long time. :P I think it is time to move from this place, while there is a safety of sorts, we know not what transpires outside of this cocoon." She glanced over at Orodreth, who always seemed to be sleeping.

"I say let us get Orodreth on my horse and go somewhere." She crossed her arms in resolute definitiveness.

"Where would you have us go? We have no dwarves, no ents, our friends are missing, Orodreth is just now recovering. Do not get me wrong, friend. I was the one to say "we do not flee from the dark, let the dark flee from us", do you suggest we merrily jog into the enemy camp screaming 'run' and they will do so?" Sandra looked honestly concerned.

"No, I do not suggest that at all. I suggest that we go to Dain and pull those dwarves out by their beards if we have to. That should get their attention and even so..........."

The grove began to tremble, the ground became uncertain as Rwhen lost her footing. "Is that singing I hear?" she asked Sandra who had managed to keep upright.

To their amazement, the grove was soon surrounded by ents of all size and shapes. On the multiple branches of all the ents were the dwarves. Dain slid to the ground and bowed to the ladies.

"Are we late?" he asked with a smile.

"Right on time," Sandra looked at rwhen.

Overhead a raven squawked.

Okay, I took us somewhere further along the line. Gil's post got me on a good day. Hope we can do something with this.

Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Time out of Mind, forever bound to my Knight Ayslhyn

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever :hug:
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby sandra » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:08 pm

Gilaglar wrote:Nine months?!? :Q :shock: :Q :shock: :Q :shock:

Someone could have carried a pregnancy to term since the last post in here! Honestly, the beer breaks get longer and longer!

:P

I hope everyone is having a good 2011 so far!

And they say women nag :shock:

Good one Rwhen. I'm sure we can on from here :)
sandra
Ringbearer

Postby rwhen » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:40 pm

Ain't it the truth, Sandra!! :P Gil, you should come about more often!!

I am thinking of a follow up post to the one I just made. I should have something up for tomorrow.

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby rwhen » Tue May 24, 2011 11:45 am

or not :roll:

With Dain and the Entwife listening closely, rwhen, Sandra and Orodreth brought them abreast of the current situation and approximate location of Tempest and Bane. A rough calculation of the size of the combined armies caused Dain to draw a whistle through the gap in his clenched teeth.

"You called us to witness all of our deaths then," the dwarf's face was red and puffed. "We are not amused." He looked towards the Entwife for accord.

"HAROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMM, but you mortals are hasty. At an Ent Moot, we would discuss this for weeks and weeks. Dain is right to have concern, HMMMMHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM," the Entwife turned her thick torso towards the dwarf and pointed a long gnarled finger his direction. "We have never failed to answer the call and do not deem it wise to do so now. BOOOOOOOOOMHAROOOOOOOOOOOOOO."

Dain felt the ground tremor. "I didn't say we wouldn't help, I said it is a fool's errand or at least we will all die."

"If die we must, then I am prepared to meet my end ridding our fair lands of the foulest of enemy," rwhen piped into the mix. Sandra and Orodreth looked at her sideways.

"Poetic," Sandra offered. "However, our friend is correct. What is left to us if we walk away? Our homes, lands and families are doomed if we fail. It will take all of us, all of you and who knows what other aid we shall find to face the armies of Tempest and Bane." Orodreth placed a hand on her shoulder nodding in agreement.

Dain strode away from the group and called the other dwarfs to him before making any further declarations. Sandra, Orodreth and rwhen drifted slightly away from the Entwife on the opposite side of the copse.

"What think you?" rwhen whispered.

"They hardly have a choice and are here now. To walk away would be death as much as to fight," Orodreth offered pulling his sword out to check the blade for worthiness.

The Entwife bellowed again signaling a time for gathering and making final decisions. The group all looked to each other expectantly, neither wanting to state the obvious. The raven landed on one of the Entwife's branches.

"They are moving," he croaked into the silence.

"There is no time," Dain rallied. "Are you ready to move out?" His look was towards the very large Entwife, but Orodreth replied.

"We are ready," he said with calm assurance. Sandra and rwhen nodded in agreement.

The Entwife boomed her assent and they started forward.

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby sandra » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:47 pm

“Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!”

Sandra gave study at the clique of marching dwarves when her line of vision fell directly to a gnome like figure who was peering up owlishly at his mounted master. No one could have missed him, not with that mop of ginger hair and a thick beard almost equal to the same colour. Dain transferred a gaze from Sandra to the subject of her attention and back again.

“They call him Carrots.” A wry smile soon tightened to a straight and proud faced ruler. “He may look like a waif yet he is every bit a fighter and very loyal to our cause.”

“I’m sure he is, otherwise he would not have been here.” Sandra paused briefly then continued. “And the song, I can feel it is one of strength and fight. It is definitely a boost to the adrenalin. Axes of the Dwarves! The Dwarves are upon you!” she gave a nod of approval. Dain twisted his lip in thought for a moment.

“M’lady, you have me believing you understand our tongue”

“No” Sandra interrupted then started again. “I beg your pardon” she apologised. “I didn’t mean to be so abrupt. We all know how ‘strictly confidential’ Khuzdul is. Were it not I would be willing to learn. I respect your privacy.”

Rwhen held the strong-willed Falmara on a tight reign. Even horses can be courageous. The other folk at the front line looked on. It was hard to tell whether they were in deep thought about what lay ahead or if they were quietly listening to Dain telling Sandra about Mirrormere’s bleak prophecy of war and ruin.

“What wasn’t clear was to which side the ‘ruin’ applied” he continued, in a state of mounting tension. We have fought much and been victorious”

“As expected. That is why you were made Lord and later King of the Iron Hills” A strange excitement began to flow through Sandra’s veins like wine. “And we will succeed again”

“Indeed!” he lightened

“Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!”
sandra
Ringbearer

Postby SmaugsBane » Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:59 pm

Alright, I see I haven't posted in here for over a year. Not anything like my record, but still I think it's enough of a break. I have something spectacular planned, now if I can only get the time to type it up. Yo Tempest, you ready to tear some stuff up?
:lightening:
SmaugsBane
Ranger of the North

Postby rwhen » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:48 am

I know Sandra and I will happily read new posts to the story.

Come on SB and Tempest!!! And Oreo and Gil and Sunny!!

:yippie:

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby orodreth111 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:50 am

...Hmmmm.I will have to do some reading up and my pen is rather rusty.
orodreth111
Ranger of the North

Postby SmaugsBane » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:06 pm

:shock: reo!!!! That's what I'm talking about!! Good to see ya!
SmaugsBane
Ranger of the North

Postby sandra » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:51 pm

Its good to see you both :)

Oreo, just write a couple of lines here and there and I'm sure you'll soon get into the swing of it again.
sandra
Ringbearer

Postby orodreth111 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:25 pm

Only if I can be "Master of Rally".... :P
orodreth111
Ranger of the North

Postby rwhen » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:57 pm

You got my vote for Master!!!! :P

:D :clap: :D SB and Oreo!! Life is getting good.

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby sandra » Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:50 am

orodreth111 wrote:Only if I can be "Master of Rally".... :P

Who said you weren't ?? :)

I'm sure when Rally first set off we both joined unknown in the story to each other and then went off to fight as part of the team. I think it was Gil that changed it later and wrote that he, you and I were siblings and Roninscott was our father.......
sandra
Ringbearer

Postby scotspine » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:43 pm

I am Scotspine..one of the last ENTS

I am searching for ENTWIFELOST

Have you seen her?
scotspine
Shield Bearer

Postby sandra » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:51 am

Hello Scotspine, sadly enty hasn't posted in rally for sometime but she has however posted to you in your thread in the bird and baby :)
sandra
Ringbearer

Postby sandra » Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:19 am

Hope you all had a great christmas and have a happy new year :drink:

Hopefully we can get this thread moving once more :)
sandra
Ringbearer

Postby gimli_axe_wielder » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:04 pm

*the dwarf come stumbling through the doors of rally, tripping over tempest's feet*

OI, I DRINK A NEED!!!

-------

Can someone give me a brief synopsis as to what's going on where? :P I don't even know where my character is :P
gimli_axe_wielder
Ringbearer

Postby sandra » Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:31 am

gimli_axe_wielder wrote:

-------

Can someone give me a brief synopsis as to what's going on where? :P I don't even know where my character is :P

The dwarves, Ents, Rwhen, myself, oreo, sunsilver, anya, gil and you are all moving on mass towards a battle with Tempest and Bane.

Are you seriously going to write???

Good to see you anyway :)
sandra
Ringbearer

Postby Sunsilver » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:04 am

I think he rather needs to sober up first, especially if he's going to tangle with Tempest! :wink:
Sunsilver
Ranger of the North

Postby Tempest » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:53 am

Oh, I'll give you a synopsis: Your precious dwarf is about to have his head handed to him on a silver platter.

Don't worry, Tempest will drink a good strong ale in your memory after the deed is done.
Tempest
Ranger of the North

Postby Barad-dur » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:14 am

While doing a web search for something unrelated to this site, I found a link to this place at the top of my search list.

Guess I couldn't resist blowing the cobwebs off this old, long-dead Dark Knight and stop in long enough to say hello to old friends and foes alike.

Hope I'm not disturbing and good to see you all still here. :)

Farewell.
Barad-dur
Mariner

Postby sandra » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:26 am

Barad-dur wrote:While doing a web search for something unrelated to this site, I found a link to this place at the top of my search list.

Guess I couldn't resist blowing the cobwebs off this old, long-dead Dark Knight and stop in long enough to say hello to old friends and foes alike.

Hope I'm not disturbing and good to see you all still here. :)

Farewell.

Here you are. I saw your name appear in the admin index.

Hope you are keeping well and its good of you to stop by and say hello, even if briefly :)
sandra
Ringbearer

Postby Sunsilver » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:30 am

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: oh my, a GHOST!

Barad-dur, you are ALWAYS disturbing! [shudder!] :lol:

Good to see you, nonetheless!

As you might guess from Tempest's post to Gimli, some things haven't changed around here....
Sunsilver
Ranger of the North

Postby rwhen » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:30 am

My stars, it is Barad-dur in the flesh!!

It is always great to see you, it has been ages. Would you be able to stop by more often then?

Oh and don't mind the drunk dwarf in the corner!! ;)

*thank you Sunny!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby orodreth111 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:12 am

...Hmmm...A Canoa sighting...Now that is rare indeed... :wink:
orodreth111
Ranger of the North

Postby Sunsilver » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:13 am

[Googles Canoa] :?

Oreo, you are being more cryptic than usual.

Why do I get the feeling it's a GOOD thing that I don't understand your comment? :P

If it's a reference to the movie, there's no need for us to gather a lynching party. He's ALREADY dead!
Sunsilver
Ranger of the North

PreviousNext

Return to Alliances and Guilds: The Peoples of Middle-earth