City by the Bay

Have a Tolkien-inspired event you want to let people know about? Have a recap from a recent moot you were at? Come on in and discuss everything about events!

City by the Bay

Postby RoseMorninStar » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:04 pm

ROAD TRIP!
So.. hopefully our long awaited trip to San Francisco will take place this Spring.. we should make it out to San Francisco in late May. Hopefully we will see the sights of the city, the bay, the bridge, Muir woods, maybe a winery, Yosemite.. take a drive up Highway 1 for a bit. Quite possibly make our way up the coast to Portland.. maybe all the way up to Vancouver, BC., time & money permitting.

Any suggestions for our roadtrip from those of you familiar with the area? Possibly a wee bit of mini-mooting?
Last edited by RoseMorninStar on Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:41 am, edited 3 times in total.
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby rwhen » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:51 am

You know that I will be there!! And I THINK I have given plenty of ideas already on the other threads, but there are more local folks who would suggest things I probably didn't even think of, as most of my visits revolve around food. SURPRISE???? not. :P

Look forward to meeting you there. For me it will be the weekend of the 21st of May. Then back up to Portland/Vancouver.

Frelga??? Would love to see you. And yes, THIS time it is not a threat, it is the real delio.

Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Time out of Mind, forever bound to my Knight Ayslhyn

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever :hug:
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Frelga » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:54 am

Oh, am I glad rwhen pointed me here! Do you know that another beloved poster, an Australian ;), will be in SF the weekend of 3/26?

But late May is lovely and I will certainly be in town and spoiling for a moot. You also may drop a line on HoF since more Bay Areans hang out there. There are also some ideas for an itinerary in the moot thread.

Can't wait to see you both! :hug:

Oh and food? We are heading to Sonoma, ladies, the lovely wine country and home to one of my favorite restaurants in the world!
"You start running they'll never let you stop. You stand up, push back... Can't say no forever right?"
―Steve Rogers, Captain America: The First Avenger
Frelga
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby RoseMorninStar » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:14 am

Hmm... this sounds intriguing! :D

rwhen..I copied your suggestions and will have them nearby when I am planning..although our planning may not include QUITE so many restaurants! ;) We will have to think about the best area to stay in.. what we want to do/cost/etc..
It's exciting!

Frelga.. yeah.. I'll have to post on HoF soon.. Australian coming to the U.S.?? hmmm...
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby Gamgee Wench » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:40 pm

Frelga pointed me here....you guys have a great time. I would love to come west, soon. But May is too soon. You guys will have a blast!
Gamgee Wench
Mariner

Postby rwhen » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:45 am

Well, my dear friend from Phoenix has just let me know that she will not be able to come after all. A surprise party for his sister who is 60 on the 22nd of May is being held in Las Vegas.

I have been invited to that, but have declined.

So, I have to check money and such as I was expecting to split expenses with my friend for car and room.

All hopes are not dashed however. I still want to come in the worst way and it could be doable if I drive instead of fly.

My friend has suggest an alternate date of the end of July or first week of August. I told her we would have to see.

Very bummed on this, but hey. Flexibility is my name and planning is my game.

If it can be done, it will be done.

Rose, Eru said something about you folks not coming in May now because of finals for Mica? Have things also changed for you too?

Wenchy, does that mean that at SOME point you might visit out this way? *oh joys*

Frelga, hang in there. Still on my calendar. Think positive for good money at the company and then it can happen with no problems. :hug:

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Frelga » Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:14 pm

Oh, rwhen, that's a bummer. I still hope to see you round here, though. Maybe by then Wenchie can get her show on the road, too. Any time any of you are within my pouncing distance, I will be thrilled. :grouphug:
Frelga
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby RoseMorninStar » Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:51 pm

As of today our plans have not changed, however, our daughter (Mica~Lynn here on TORc) is at the end of her Freshman college year & has applied for summer jobs.. so some of our plans may be changed due to her employment status. *IF* things go as planned.. we would leave as soon as her exams are done in mid-May.. the total trip would take 3-4 weeks.

What we would LIKE to do.. and PLAN to do, if at all possible, is to drive from Wisconsin to San Francisco.. a 2,000 mile drive ! :shock: Spend 5-7 days in the San Francisco area.. see the Muir woods.. drive through Yosemite perhaps.. and a few other things (suggestions welcome.) Then, we would like to drive at least part of the way up the coast... maybe on Highway 1... take our time.. maybe stopping over night somewhere on our way to Portland. Spend maybe 2 days visiting rwhen in the Portland area.. eat at Chililicious, visit that waterfall park/Columbia river gorge that is so lovely.. then drive up to Seattle and spend maybe a day or two there.. go to the shopping area where the imports come in.. then make our way up to Canada.. maybe meet up with & visit vison, and then head up to Vancouver to visit UBC (University of British Columbia) & Erufailon.Atanvarno. That would probably be 2,000 miles. Then.. the 2,000 mile drive home. If I have not gone completely bonkers. I am a bit claustrophobic and all of that time spent in a car may send me over the deep end.

But that is what we would LIKE to do... and what we currently PLAN to do. We shall see how things play out as the time draws closer.
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby Vanaladiel » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:36 am

Well Rose darlin if you are driving up I-5 in Washington state and come to Seattle and then head north to BC Canada, I do hope that you will at least stop for a :hug: in Mount Vernon or Burlington depending on the day. I work right off the freeway in Mount Vernon so you will pass within a hundred feet of me or if I have the day off I will be within not much farther off the freeway in Burlington at my home. Perhaps you can stop for lunch or a short leg stretch and meet me. I could hope if you get this far that we can work that out somehow!!! I just cant imagine you being that close and not getting to meet you darlin!!! :hug: I hope that we can work in a few minutes for a break on your trip north to Canada.
Image Spring come quickly!!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby RoseMorninStar » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:42 pm

I *WOULD* like to meet many of you PNWesterners.. it's hard though, since it is a family trip.. I cannot stop to visit everyone individually.... but I'd like to see what we would work out. We are probably going to stop at Chililicious and I don't know if anyone is going to meet up with us there.. besides rwhen, of course! And there are several people in California, but I am not sure just where they all live...
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby rwhen » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:43 am

I guess the most important thing for "meetings/arranging" is knowing the dates when you will be in the area. As best as can be given ahead of time. I know that when driving, one might decide to leave a place they planned on staying a week after a few days and stay a few days longer in a place they hadn't intended.

I know that I will work around whatever your schedule is Rose. Can't wait to see you either here, in SF or Seattle. I will make it work.

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby RoseMorninStar » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:46 pm

Aw rwhen, that's much appreciated. I am guessing we will be in your neck o the woods around May 26, 27, or 28 -ish.

We are thinking it will take 3 days to drive across the country. We will stop near Yosemite on the 3rd night hopefully. We will stay there the next day & night. Then, on to San Francisco for about 3-4 days. Then up to Napa valley & a winery tour for a day or two. Then, up the coast to the Redwood National forest.. that will take probably 2 days. Then drive up through Oregon to Crater Lake & on to Portland/Vancouver, WA area. Stay a day or two, then on to Olympic National Park for 2 days or so.. then Seattle for 2 days or so.. then up to Vancouver, BC for 2 days or so.. then going home .. possibly stopping at Christina Lake (Canada) and Glacier National park in Montana.
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby Frelga » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:22 am

I will most likely be in SF area whenever you guys turn up, so don't forget to let me know! I am very much looking forward to seeing everyone.
:grouphug:
Frelga
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby Jesse11 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:54 pm

I'd like to see what we would work out. We are probably going to stop at Chililicious and I don't know if anyone is going to meet up with us there.. besides rwhen, of course!
Jesse11
Petitioner to the Council

Postby rwhen » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:07 am

Well darlin', unfortunately Chililicious was in a poor location and didn't survive, but it would be great to see you if you hit this area either way.

When are you planning to be about?

New handle? ;) :hug:

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Return to Events