Oxford m00t 2010: 23rd - 25th July. Come along! NOW BOOKING

Have a Tolkien-inspired event you want to let people know about? Have a recap from a recent moot you were at? Come on in and discuss everything about events!

Postby Hobbituk » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:29 am

Some more news folks!

The Eagle & Child (aka The Bird and Baby), which is our base for the saturday afternoon, have kindly agreed to reserve the area at the back with the conservatory roof for us. We have that all to ourselves from 12 o'clock onwards for lunch and drinks.

And the friday evening restaurant is...

Strada... It's a chain Italian place, but it's really handily located on Little Clarendon Street which is basically just over the road from The Lamb and Flag. The table is booked for 7.30pm

Hope that suits!

Can any of the weekenders let me know if they won't be there in time for the friday evening meal? truehobbit, I think you said you'd be arriving late?
Hobbituk
Ringbearer

Postby Cucalen » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:14 am

Train tickets arrived today and got an e-mail from Becki giving the thumbs up, roll on the 23rd!!
Cucalen
Rider of the Mark

Postby rowanberry » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:51 am

I've booked my flights, and as soon as I get the room reservation sorted out (they won't accept cash on arrival, so I'll have to go the credit card way), it's all go.
Image I'm judging MoST again this year! Ready for the opening banquet...

MoME 2013 results are in!

The Sons of Fëanor re-embodied in the beginning of the Fourth Age? Yes, for The Maedhros and Tygarya Saga – and, as fire-hearted as ever!

On my way to Morannon on the Walk to Rivendell and Beyond!

Shire and Shutter - the TORC photoblog

Thoughts about dance, life, and everything
rowanberry
+++Out Of Cheese Error+++

Postby Gungnir » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:57 am

I've got my confirmation email from Becki, my train tickets from Liverpool and ferry tickets to Liverpool so it's all systems go. I'm due to arrive at 15:14 in Oxford so I'll be there for the evening.
Gungnir
Mariner

Postby The_Angel » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:07 pm

Woo to the hizzoo.
The_Angel
Ranger of the North

Postby truehobbit » Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:15 pm

Tari, ouch, that sounds scary. Good to hear you're on the mend. :hug: We'll do our best to consume your drinks for you. ;) :P

Hobbi, yes, we should be getting there around 7 PM. Good to see the restaurant is so close, we might just about make it or at least not be a lot too late. Thanks for booking all that! :D
truehobbit
Mariner

Postby Berhael » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:43 am

I won't be there then, but for those going to Strada, you can get substantial discount vouchers almost every week for this and other similar restaurants (Zizzi, Prezzo, Ask etc.) from www.vouchercodes.co.uk. Worth a look! :)

I had an email back from Hama; unfortunately he won't be making the moot, as he will be coming back from Middle Earth, I mean New Zealand at the time. Some other time, then.

I'll be having a mini moot rehearsal this Friday, as I will be doing a tour of Oxford in the company of Alatar and his family. :D
Berhael
Mariner

Postby Berhael » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:43 am

whoops, debug error - dp.
Berhael
Mariner

Postby Gungnir » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:48 am

Disappointing news about Hama, I would have loved to finally meet him. If you're still in touch Berhael, you should pester him to come back to TORC occasionally.
Gungnir
Mariner

Postby Gungnir » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:49 am

And what the hell is it with this 'Debug Error' I get every time I post?
Gungnir
Mariner

Postby Hobbituk » Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:50 am

It's just certain threads where it's causing a problem. The_Angel explains what's happening over HERE.

In the meantime, if you see the error don't try to repost as your post has probably gone through fine.

Ber, shame about Hama but I know it was a long shot! Thanks for the voucher thing, I'll keep looking in case they add any we can use. :)
Hobbituk
Ringbearer

Postby Hobbituk » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:22 am

Oh and just to check. I believe the following people are now fully booked/confirmed with Becki...

Me
Rowanberry
The_Angel
Alys
Inzilbeth
truehobbit
Mr.truehobbit
Cucalen
Aravar
Jono
Heliona
Wilko
Gungnir
Arpharazon

... which leaves (I think) niniel*, Calle and Parmamaite still to confirm?

Can anyone let me know if they think I'm wrong there?
Hobbituk
Ringbearer

Postby heliona » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:41 am

Well, technically we're not confirmed yet. I haven't heard back from Becki as to whether she received my second email. I'm going to phone her tomorrow, just to make sure.
Image<-- Celebrating Science in the TVM!

Life is short; break the rules, forgive quickly; kiss slowly; love truly; laugh uncontrollably; and never regret anything that made you smile. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Grab a chance and you won't be sorry for the might-have-beens. - Arthur Ransome

Just because I have the vocabulary of a well-educated sailor doesn't mean I'm not a lady.

In Memoriam EDW - March 14th 2009
In Memoriam rowanberry - March 1st 2014 (~In Memoriam AHH - Alfred Lord Tennyson~)

Photos: My Flickr Photo Collections & Wee Nell - the furry ball of mischief!

(I occasionally post as White Shadow - you've been warned!)

New posters, there's a Welcome and Comprehensive Guide to the Messageboard to answer your questions.
heliona
The Sexy One ~ Hellaciously Huggable

Postby Parmamaite » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:04 am

Due to a combination of too little time and too little money, I'll probably only be around saturday, and take the last train back to my sister's.
Parmamaite
Ranger of the North

Postby Hobbituk » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:21 am

Sorry to hear that Parm, but at least we'll be seeing you for some of the moot!
Hobbituk
Ringbearer

Postby heliona » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:27 am

I called Becki today and she had received the email (and has reserved my rooms) but hasn't actually taken the money for them yet. But we should have the rooms officially when she gets round to it. :)

Life is short; break the rules, forgive quickly; kiss slowly; love truly; laugh uncontrollably; and never regret anything that made you smile. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Just because I have the vocabulary of a well-educated sailor doesn't mean I'm not a lady.

In Memoriam rowanberry - March 1st 2014 (~In Memoriam AHH - Alfred Lord Tennyson~)

New posters, there's a Welcome and Comprehensive Guide to the Messageboard to answer your questions.
heliona

Postby Silwen » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:29 am

I thought nobody responded to my last post, but I just didn't get any notification emails again. :oops: Sorry!

Hobbi, thanks for the schedule! I'll be meeting up with you al at the Eagle and Child then, probably around noon, depending on which trains I get. :) Looking forward to it all!

Tari, nooooo! :( I was hoping you would be there too. We will just have to take over Yo!Sushi some other time then.
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby niniel* » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:44 am

Hobbituk wrote:Oh and just to check. I believe the following people are now fully booked/confirmed with Becki...

Me
Rowanberry
The_Angel
Alys
Inzilbeth
truehobbit
Mr.truehobbit
Cucalen
Aravar
Jono
Heliona
Wilko
Gungnir
Arpharazon

... which leaves (I think) niniel*, Calle and Parmamaite still to confirm?

Can anyone let me know if they think I'm wrong there?

Oops did I forget to tell you? Bad memory! I'm all booked up with a room for two nights. All I need to do now is work out how on earth I'm going to make the long trip there...

:wink:
niniel*
Ranger of the North

Postby heliona » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:42 am

Well, Wilko and I know officially have rooms to stay in. :) I got the confirmation email from Becki today.

heliona

Postby Hobbituk » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:05 pm

One week to go folks!

It would be extremely helpful if everyone could let me know what time they are arriving.

I have arrival times for Me, Heliona, Wilko, The Angel, Alys, Gungnir, Inzilbeth, the truehobbits and Silwen.

Obviously, if you don't know that's fine, but it's just to give us some idea.
Hobbituk
Ringbearer

Postby Renowen » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:22 pm

Wish I could join you but would be far to diffcult with the wee ones.

Hope you have a good one and have a drink for me xx
Renowen
Rider of the Mark

Postby Berhael » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:10 pm

Dan, Alex and I will be there on the Saturday only. All being well, I assume we'll arrive around midday, but i have various mobile phone numbers so I can warn people if for whatever reason we can't find you.
Berhael
Mariner

Postby rowanberry » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:44 am

I also got a confirmation from Becki already before I left on my trip. So, it should be all clear. If the flight is on schedule, I should be there on Friday around 5 pm or so.

And, as I wasn't there last year: Do we get our keys from the office on Turl Street, or is there some kind of reception at Lincoln Hall?
Image I'm judging MoST again this year! Ready for the opening banquet...

MoME 2013 results are in!

The Sons of Fëanor re-embodied in the beginning of the Fourth Age? Yes, for The Maedhros and Tygarya Saga – and, as fire-hearted as ever!

On my way to Morannon on the Walk to Rivendell and Beyond!

Shire and Shutter - the TORC photoblog

Thoughts about dance, life, and everything
rowanberry
+++Out Of Cheese Error+++

Postby heliona » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:59 am

There's a reception at the Lincoln Hall, rowan.

If you remember the Lamb and Flag, there's an alleyway running alongside the pub with a large chestnut tree overhanging it. Follow the alleyway down onto a side street and the Lincoln Hall is on the right hand side. I think it may be called something different on the outside actually (I seem to recall Hobbi, Wilko and I wandering past it first time) but it's got glass front doors. (The side street it is on is also opposite the Natural History Museum, if that helps. :))

heliona

Postby niniel* » Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:06 am

Hobbituk - Not sure what time I'll be there, it only takes me 25 minutes to get there, so tell me what time you'll be there and I'll try to get there around the same time.

Incidentally, for all of you travelling from far and wide, this will be the first Friday/weekend of the school holidays down here, so leave plenty of time for your journeys as it's normally manic on the roads here that weekend :shock:
niniel*
Ranger of the North

Postby Silwen » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:08 am

Picket up our train tickets today. :D We arrive quite early in the day to do some sightseeing on our own first, so you may well bump into us somewhere. Covered market, Lush and probably Blackwells shall be visited before we join you guys at lunchtime in the pub.
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby Cucalen » Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:03 pm

I won't really have an arrival time as per usual I'll be at the bar having a pint by the time the first peep arrives :P
Cucalen
Rider of the Mark

Postby Aravar » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:42 am

Aiming to arrive around 2pm.

Thanks to whoever booked for me.
Aravar
Ranger of the North

Postby truehobbit » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:30 am

Parma, sorry it'll be just a brief visit, but it'll be great to see you at all! :hug:

Silwen, I look forward to meeting your SO, and so pleased I'm not the only one bringing a newbie SO. :D
truehobbit
Mariner

Postby Parmamaite » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:52 am

Just got my train tickets.

I'll arrive at the station 11 AM, and leave again 22:30 PM on the saturday.

Looking forward to se you all :)
Parmamaite
Ranger of the North

PreviousNext

Return to Events