Middle-Earth Beer and Music festival

Have a Tolkien-inspired event you want to let people know about? Have a recap from a recent moot you were at? Come on in and discuss everything about events!

Middle-Earth Beer and Music festival

Postby Gungnir » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:19 am

Has anyone seen this? * The Middle-Earth Beer and music festival http://www.middleearthbeerfestival.co.uk/index.html?

Middle Earth, Beer and Music - what more could you ask for?

Gandalf wrote:If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.

(* I know Heliona and HobbitUK have as they have 'liked' it on Facebook)
Gungnir
Mariner

Re: Middle-Earth Beer and Music festival

Postby Hobbituk » Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:09 am

Yes, myself, Heliona, Wilko and Aravar went last year. It was quite a nice afternoon out... reeeaaally good beers with names like 'Ent Draught' and 'Completely Legolas'.

Other good stuff were falconry and a dog show, which were pretty good. There were also some fairly pleasant bands on during the afternoon. Nothing special, but nice.

On the downside, the event is held in what feels like a school hall. The only 'decoration' or 'theme' beyond the bar itself is a bit of straw on the floor. It was a rainy day when we were there and my idea of fun doesn't usually include sitting in an atmosphere-less hall on uncomfortable chairs that you can't leave unmanned for fear of losing them to someone else sheltering from the rain. The food on offer was pretty basic, Pie & Peas... quite cheap, not bad but nothing interesting.

The best thing really is that you pay a £2 deposit for your beer glass and the glass is awesome. I think Heliona has a picture somewhere. None of us claimed our deposits back!

So, on the whole: I would go again if only for the beer (although unfortunately I can't make it this year, I don't think), but I wish they would do more with the theme of the day beyond the names of the beers.
Hobbituk
Ringbearer

Re: Middle-Earth Beer and Music festival

Postby heliona » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:12 am

Hobbituk wrote:I think Heliona has a picture somewhere. None of us claimed our deposits back!

Indeed! I made a post about it on the TORC 365 photo blog - here it is: Middle-earth Beer Festival
Image<-- Merry Christmas!

Life is short; break the rules, forgive quickly; kiss slowly; love truly; laugh uncontrollably; and never regret anything that made you smile. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Grab a chance and you won't be sorry for the might-have-beens. - Arthur Ransome

Just because I have the vocabulary of a well-educated sailor doesn't mean I'm not a lady.

In Memoriam EDW - March 14th 2009
In Memoriam rowanberry - March 1st 2014 (~In Memoriam AHH - Alfred Lord Tennyson~)

Photos: My Flickr Photo Collections & Wee Nell - the furry ball of mischief!

(I occasionally post as White Shadow - you've been warned!)

New posters, there's a Welcome and Comprehensive Guide to the Messageboard to answer your questions.
heliona
The Sexy One ~ Hellaciously Huggable

Return to Events