Our LOTR based wedding

Have a Tolkien-inspired event you want to let people know about? Have a recap from a recent moot you were at? Come on in and discuss everything about events!

Our LOTR based wedding

Postby darktagnan » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:34 pm

Hi everyone !

I'm getting married on march, saturday the 2nd, and our wedding will be almost fully based on a LOTR theme.

Here are the basics we wanted on our rings, that we sent to the jeweller :

The french text says :

- "this star is the main element for the outside of the rings"

- "here is the final text to use"

- "It means "You are my Arkenstone" in Elfish. The Arkenstone is a unique jewel, the "heart of the mountain" "

- "This is the final text for the outside of the rings. If possible, the idea is that the end of the letters progressively blend with the beginning of the mountains' drawing, without modifying this text, perhaps by adding a line in order to join the two designs."

- "This text is the final text pour the inside of the rings.
In the end there will only be one star, in order to separate the end of the sentence from its beginning.
Here, I draw two stars in order to indicate its position from the text.

And here are the wax tests of our wedding rings :

:clap: I want to thank Gladhaniel, Vea Mi Olori, and Isildilmë very much for their help ! :clap:

I will post pictures of the finished rings as soon as possible, and maybe some wedding pictures as well :wink:
darktagnan
Petitioner to the Council

Re: Our LOTR based wedding

Postby Almatolmen » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:38 pm

Looks wonderful! May it bring blessings to your union!
Almatolmen
Mariner

Postby Isildilmë » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:14 am

What a huge and wonderful project ! I'm happy I've been part of it ! You'll have very unique and special rings, I can't wait to see the result !
Concerning the Official Tengwar Transcription Thread - VI
To all the newbees, Welcome to TORC !
Before posting anything on this thread, READ THE INTRODUCTION. For now, I didn't have the time to update the intro, so I let you read the intro of thread #IV here.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the threads or by email (isildilme@hotmail.com - write "Tengwar" somewhere in the subject in case you fall in my junkmail, because if I don't know, I wont open the message !). Note that I don't accept transcription requests by email, you have to post them here !

You can address yourself to me in French, Spanish or English as you wish.

Special message : I have now two precious sons. They are my priorities, and an additional explanation for the delays in my answers. I WILL answer you... but you might have to wait. Thank you for your comprehension.
Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby truehobbit » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:11 am

Wow, the rings are beautiful! I hope the wedding was lovely and you've had a very happy start to your married life! :clap: :drink: :-D

And :TORC:
truehobbit
Mariner

Postby MeadowForest » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:53 am

Awww, that's so lovely! :D
MeadowForest
Shield Bearer

Postby darktagnan » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:36 am

We have our wedding photos online ! :)

You can view them here

If you want to see the rings specifically, go to "page 3" and view "objets - couleurs" and "objets - N&B".
darktagnan
Petitioner to the Council

Postby rowanberry » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:00 am

You had a lovely wedding! :) All the best to the two of you!
Image I'm judging MoST again this year! Ready for the opening banquet...

MoME 2013 results are in!

The Sons of Fëanor re-embodied in the beginning of the Fourth Age? Yes, for The Maedhros and Tygarya Saga – and, as fire-hearted as ever!

On my way to Morannon on the Walk to Rivendell and Beyond!

Shire and Shutter - the TORC photoblog

Thoughts about dance, life, and everything
rowanberry
+++Out Of Cheese Error+++

Postby Isildilmë » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:00 am

This will be a very short post, as I wrote a longer one directly to darktagnan in an email.
It's wonderfull to see all of your process, and to see you come back with pictures of the wedding. :)
Concerning the Official Tengwar Transcription Thread - VI
To all the newbees, Welcome to TORC !
Before posting anything on this thread, READ THE INTRODUCTION. For now, I didn't have the time to update the intro, so I let you read the intro of thread #IV here.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the threads or by email (isildilme@hotmail.com - write "Tengwar" somewhere in the subject in case you fall in my junkmail, because if I don't know, I wont open the message !). Note that I don't accept transcription requests by email, you have to post them here !

You can address yourself to me in French, Spanish or English as you wish.

Special message : I have now two precious sons. They are my priorities, and an additional explanation for the delays in my answers. I WILL answer you... but you might have to wait. Thank you for your comprehension.
Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Return to Events