Talking in Your Sleep: Strange, Random quotes from the dream world

Come on over to Tom's House for the lighter side of Tolkien Fandom. Remember Tom's House is both powerful and innocent, so keep it clean and nice.

Postby Lalaith-Elerrina » Fri May 14, 2010 10:33 pm

When I was in college, I was on the track and cross country teams, and we'd travel to different parts of the country to compete. One night before a meet, I was in the hotel room, mostly asleep while some of the other girls were talking, and I was in my most asleep state half listening to them, when I suddenly said, "We don't need lentils!" They stopped talking and asked me what I was talking about. I woke up then, and being fully awake now, remembering what I'd said and remember their conversation, realized that what they were talking about had nothing to do with lentils. I admitted my mistake, we all had a good laugh, and then I went back to sleep.
Lalaith-Elerrina
Ringbearer

Postby Bethrael » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:52 pm

I can fully recall saying this once when I woke up in twilight sleep. I thought that the words coming out of my mouth made sense at the time.
I said to my sister (who was doing artwork in the corner), "Tiny is sitting on my new leg."
My sister said, "What?"
I responded, "Tiny is sitting on my new leg." Then went right back to sleep.
Bethrael
Ranger of the North

Postby Cock-Robin » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:31 pm

One time I was in a motel room with my brother, and he woke me up, looking at me, saying "I don't understand! I don't understand!" I turned on the light and asked him what he didn't understand. Then he was fully awake, shook his head and said "Nothing. Good night."

I remember one really weird dream long ago. I was in the back yard of the house I grew up in, and there was John Denver. I was glad to see him, but all he would talk about was the weather. I then woke up to see I had fallen asleep in front of the TV where the Weather Channel was on.

I just LOVE Bubo, that mechanical owl from Clash of the Titans!

Meneldor, Warrior Bard, and Brondgast, Mithril Knights

Gwaeryn and Robin, The Expected Party

Meneldor, Alatar and Pallando, Darkness Reigns: The Resistance

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby mjlittleguy » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:17 pm

My mom walked into her room one time and my dad was already asleep. Apparently he immediately yelled at her, "You're a vegetable!"
mjlittleguy
Citizen of Imladris

Postby frodolives668 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:33 am

lol :lol:

My mom talks in her sleep and says weird stuff. Here's some of the things she said to me when i tried to ask her questions (most of these happened years ago):

"we don't have any crabs." when I asked if i could watch a movie.

"I like teapots." when I asked if I could have a few cookies.

and my favorite; "got to put the velcro tapshoes on the eggs". when i told her it was time to wake up and she was gonna be late.
frodolives668
Rider of the Mark

Postby Pandora » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:23 am

Once, many years ago when I was about 8, my mother came in to check on me before she went to bed. The light must have disturbed me, and I started mumbling in my sleep. When she crept closer and whispered to me to see if I was awake, I apparently sat bolt upright in bed, grabbed her wrists and yelled frantically "You have to save me a special newspaper! I need it to get the little yellow chick!" - and then promptly collapsed back onto the pillow, smiling, fast asleep. Freaked her out completely! :lol:

Another time, when I was 18, a friend had driven me home after a night out where my drink had been spiked. I actually don't remember anything after about 8pm, but apparently I was just acting a little odd all night, despite only drinking lime and soda. Anyway, about two hours after I went to bed, around 1am, my mother woke up to hear noises in the corridor outside her room. She came out to find me, apparently stark naked except for my belt, folding the clothes I had been wearing that night and putting them in the airing cupboard. When she asked me what I thought I was doing, I angrily replied "I'm looking for a towel. What the f*** does it look like I'm doing?!" (I never swear in front of my mother). When she tried to shut the doors and steer me back to bed, I got mad, and shoved her, apparently convinced that my parents room was actually mine, and it took all her strength to stop me from going in there! When she pointed out I was naked, I looked at her like she was an idiot, before saying slowly "Nooo... I think you'll find I'm in my work uniform..?!" before suddenly happily announcing "Time for bed!" and disappearing back to my room all of my own accord! Next day I had absolutely no recollection of any of this! :roll:
Pandora
Rider of the Mark

Postby frodolives668 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:53 am

When I went on a shool trip quite a while ago, we were on this boat. We had anchor watch in the middle of the night. It started at around 1 am. So every night, two students would get waken up by a teachers and they'd stay up for an hour. Then they'd go down and wake the next two up and go back to bed. So nobody had to stay up more than an hour.

Well one night, one of the teachers, mr p, saw a girl litaraly crawling up the stairs to the upper decks. He said what are you doing and she said "Got to get to anchor watch..." Then mr p noticed she was not awake and said

"You're alseep. Go back to bed."

She groggily said "okay..." and then crawled back to the sleeping bags. Then she crawled into mrs. anderson's sleeping bag promplty awakening her. mr p very calmly said

"That's not your bed." so she crawled back to her bed and didn't wake anyone else (or so they thought.)

Of course that may explain why someone shook me very hard and said "It's your watch! Time to get up!" even after my watch was over. Only me and my friends know that part. I did not have a very pleasant evening as someone else thought i was meg and woke me up instead after that. Plus, after that someone almost crushed my head crawling back to bed. It's a good thing I have very, very, short hair or else it would have been ripped out of my skull by the roots.

the next day she had no reccolection of it and we had to take mr p and mrs anderson's word for it.
frodolives668
Rider of the Mark

Postby Kethasbro » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:57 am

I share a room with two brothers and they both talk in their sleep. The younger one even sleep walks. So the younger one goes to the summer camp where I am a counselor. he wasn't in my cabin so I warned his counselor that he talks in his sleep and sleep walks. The next day the counselor comes to me ans tells me that my little brother had walked out of the cabin and when he had been caught and turned around he said "I'm looking for..." This happened twice more that week. he also has said "The gorilla and the deer are going to a wedding" And "What about Reginald she doesn't how to swim in the desert." And most famously "I AM AWAKE!"
Kethasbro
Shield Bearer

Postby prmiller » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:56 pm

Mrs. Parm, bless her heart, keeps and ponders my dreaming exclamations in her heart, but there was one that kept her in stitches for many a year:

Sound asleep I explained, "No you cannot take a retest. I'm out of printer ink."
When all around is infant green,
and springtime mud baths soon are seen...
[A picture that would take up too much space
here, but is fun to see...there!]
https://goo.gl/images/oScSWt
prmiller
I am Parm: Servant of Eru, Bard of Imladris

Postby frodolives668 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:56 pm

well, apparantly, when i was on vacation with my aunt and big cousin, i started thrashing around in my sleeping bag. Then I went "Unh! Unh! Unh!" when my cousin axed what was wrong, i said

"The stars and planets are doing this!!!!!!!!!!!"

Then I mumbled something about my brother, (I call him The Evil One), and zonked out kicking and thrashing. I woke up somewhat tired with little recolection.

My mom also says i grind my teeth when i'm nervous in my sleep.

weird.
frodolives668
Rider of the Mark

Postby prmiller » Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:59 am

I keep dreaming I am in a play and I have no idea what is in my
script, but I go on in five minutes.

or...

I dream about being in a musical and have no idea what the music is,
but I sing a show-stopping song and we go out into the streets and
it gets to be all West-Side Story-like!

Intriguing!
Surprising
and truly bizarre.
I wonder where
the script girls are?
When all around is infant green,
and springtime mud baths soon are seen...
[A picture that would take up too much space
here, but is fun to see...there!]
https://goo.gl/images/oScSWt
prmiller
I am Parm: Servant of Eru, Bard of Imladris

Postby frodolives668 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:37 pm

The other night, my dad said he saw me stand up, utter something very clear (he can't remember what it was..."the school bus is coming" or something like that). He repeated it back to me like a question ("The school bus is coming?") and I said "Yeah" and nodded. Then I went back to sleep.

Okay, this dream I had is WEIRD!

I dreamt that TTT was having the opening premeire at the local elementary. For some reason, I dreamed that I was an extra in the movie and I was cool to go. At the end of the movie, I finally met Elijah Wood but I forgot my autograph book, and didn't have a pen. Then, I fainted. I don't know if that was a nightmare or the most awesome dream I ever had.
frodolives668
Rider of the Mark

Postby NaniofNarnórë » Fri May 04, 2012 11:52 am

My little sister once shouted: "BRING ME THE RICE! WHERE IS IT!?"

I answered, laughing: "Mom is cooking, just wait"
- Rice paper, give it to me. Is it in the dining room?
- Yes, go get it yourself
- Yes, yes, I have to (something uncomprehensible)

and she kept on sleeping quietly... lol
NaniofNarnórë
Citizen of Imladris

Previous

Return to The Lighter Side: Tom's House