The Death of Campaign Finance Reform

Manwë was known for many things, but wisdom and power are two that lead the rest of his attributes. Join the Councils and discuss the more weighty matters of Tolkien Fandom.

Postby Cenedril_Gildinaur » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:59 pm

That's twice now you've failed to show the basic decency of admitting I supported my point.

Are you going to go for strike three?
Cenedril_Gildinaur
Ringbearer

Postby shiftenter » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:04 pm

It is very easy to understand why so many people on discussion sites avoid you like they would avoid the plague. All the negative comments I have read from people on this site about trying to discuss anything with you are all now very understandable.

You have two very different standards - one for everyone else and a far different one for yourself.

I guess that makes you special..... sorry... Special ..... sorry again ... SPECIAL.

You demand that Elliptical produce an exact quote and when I ask you to do the same you fall far short and can only produce something which you have twisted and perverted into what you want it to mean.

Please be a man about this and simply show me where I
1- mentioned anything called Authentic Libertarianism - with or without your childish (TM) following it, and
2- then defined what I said Authentic Libertarianism - with or without your childish (TIM) following it.

If you cannot do that, just admit that you made the stuff up. If you have any decency that is.

And this is thirty minutes of my life I will never get back :evil:
shiftenter
Rider of the Mark

Postby Cenedril_Gildinaur » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:06 pm

Yep, you went for strike three.
Cenedril_Gildinaur
Ringbearer

Postby shiftenter » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:09 pm

It is obviously you are a confirmed last worder who can never admit they made an error.

So its all yours . Do your worst... oh you already have. Never mind.
shiftenter
Rider of the Mark

Postby Cenedril_Gildinaur » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:13 pm

The funniest thing is how your posts about what libertarians believe so little resemble anything that I know about libertarianism. Which was the point I made, and supported, and supported, and supported.
Cenedril_Gildinaur
Ringbearer

Postby SeverusSnape » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:25 pm

What all of this has to do with Campaign Finance Reform, I am not sure.

However I am sure that this has been talked/debated enough between the two of you.

Please take this part of this discussion off TORC or try another way to get your words across.

In other words take the personal stuff out of the posting please.

Thank you,

Severus Snape

"The Dark Arts are many, varied, ever-changing and eternal. Fighting them is like fighting a many-headed monster, which, each time a neck is severed, sprouts a head even fiercer and cleverer than before. You are fighting that which is unfixed, mutating, indestructible."

Severus Snape
Moderator of the Dark Arts

severussnape@theonering.com
SeverusSnape
Moderator of the Dark Arts

Postby ILvEowyn » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:44 pm

A new ABC/WaPo Poll finds that an overwhelming majority of Americans disagree with the SCOTUS's decision. It didn't matter what the respondents' political stripes were either.

Eight in 10 poll respondents say they oppose the high court's Jan. 21 decision to allow unfettered corporate political spending, with 65 percent "strongly" opposed. Nearly as many backed congressional action to curb the ruling, with 72 percent in favor of reinstating limits.

The poll reveals relatively little difference of opinion on the issue among Democrats (85 percent opposed to the ruling), Republicans (76 percent) and independents (81 percent).

So now will the Democrats take this support and use it (and hopefully not waffle like they did on HCR)? Will Mitch McConnell be able to hold all his troops in line, even with so many Republicans backing some kind of Congressional action as well?
ILvEowyn
Ringbearer

Postby portia » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:07 pm

I've read some more about the opinion, now that I am not occupied chasing grandchildren. I have only one point to make, in addition to what I said before.

I agree wholeheartedly with Tosh's quote and comment about corporations that are controlled by people who cannot vote here and cannot, individually, contribute to US election campaigns. The decision hands enormous power to people who have interests that are not necessarily consistent with the interests ofthe country--regardless of what policies one thinks are good for the country.

I hope Congress can find some space in the opinion that will permit it to limit its scope, and I hope that some future court will go 5-4 the other way.*

*I think having a series if 5-4 decisions contradicting each other is not a good thing, but some decisions are so unsound and dangerous that they need to be gotten rid of as fast as possible.

This court is building an unenviable record for unsound decisions.
portia
Ringbearer

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:21 am

Here ya go....

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44011308/

A mystery company that pumped $1 million into a political committee backing Mitt Romney has been dissolved just months after it was formed, leaving few clues as to who was behind one of the biggest contributions yet of the 2012 presidential campaign.

:roll:

September is PAR-TAY month at the TVM!!!!!111

---------------------------------

Watch my (low budget) movie
here!!!

For more fun, watch this video! ->

Star Trek meets Monty Python!!
Tookish_Traveler
Party-monger

Previous

Return to Philosophy: Councils of Manwë