Water issues

Manwë was known for many things, but wisdom and power are two that lead the rest of his attributes. Join the Councils and discuss the more weighty matters of Tolkien Fandom.

Re: Water issues

Postby Storyteller » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:54 pm

The idea's not bad. Israel has beaten the drought by recycling 80% of its waste water, primarily for use in agriculture. In the USA, only 3% of water is reused. If you want to have agriculture in desert areas, water recycling and seawater desalination are a must.

The quality of recycling should, of course, be a major concern.
"...Their aim in war with Germany is nothing more, nothing less than extermination of Hitlerism... There is absolutely no justification for this kind of war. The ideology of Hitlerism, just like any other ideological system, can be accepted or rejected, this is a matter of political views. But everyone grasps, that an ideology can not be exterminated by force, must not be finished off with a war.” - Vyacheslav Molotov, ""On the Foreign Policy of the Soviet Union", 31 October 1939
Storyteller
Mariner

Re: Water issues

Postby portia » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:17 am

Our sewerage water is clarified and pumped down to the desert and used for alfalfa growing. Has been for years. There is a level of testing that is not low and reflects the fact that there is "unpleasant material" in all water. Where do you think the chemicals in bear urine go when the bear relieves himself in the forest?
Many of those chemicals re needed by our bodies.

There is a water agency in Orange County with a very extensive reclamation project.

I fail to see why a person in a dry area needs to have a tropical garden. So, water restrictions make no difference to me. We have been on alternate day-6PM to 9AM restrictions for almost as long as I have lived here, with few issues.

Has anyone compared the water from the oil cos with the regular ground water?
portia
Ringbearer

Previous

Return to Philosophy: Councils of Manwë