How To Get To Heaven When You Die

Manwë was known for many things, but wisdom and power are two that lead the rest of his attributes. Join the Councils and discuss the more weighty matters of Tolkien Fandom.

DO YOU ACCEPT JESUS'S FREE GIFT OF SALVATION?

YES
13%
NO
38%
I ALREADY PRAYED/ACCEPTED JESUS CHRIST AS MY SAVIOR
38%
OTHER
13%

Total votes : 8

Re: How To Get To Heaven When You Die

Postby Faramond » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:21 pm

Do you accept Jesus' free gift of salvation?

Before you answer that I want to tell you about what else you'll receive when you accept this very special offer.

You'll get this set of kitchen knives, with the revolutionary and patented diamondide-carbon-dolomite-fusion blade edges.

That's right, in addition to the salvation, you'll get the best knives in the world.

But wait, there's more!

You'll get this mini-sham, perfect for cleaning up tiny spills. You'll get this mega-sham for cleaning up giant spills. You'll get this collapsible garden hose that stores inside a egg-cup but can also deliver a massive payload of water for making giant spills!

That's right, you get the salvation, the knives, the mini-sham, the mega-sham and the folding miracle hose, all for absolutely bleeping free*!

Hurry, act now, before supplies run out.

*(Shipping and handling fees may apply.)
Faramond
Ranger of the North

Postby oldtoby » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:05 pm

Can I return everything for a full refund if im not satisfied?
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby Frelga » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:47 am

Faramond, are those from Salvation, Inc. or the Ankh-Morpork Thieves Guild?

Cerin, those are very good questions and the answers are not only complex but complicated by the same words being used for concepts that appear similar but are different on a subtle but fundamental level. Let me think how to word it.
"You start running they'll never let you stop. You stand up, push back... Can't say no forever right?"
―Steve Rogers, Captain America: The First Avenger
Frelga
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby MerriadocBrandybuck » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:20 pm

Faramond wrote:Do you accept Jesus' free gift of salvation?

Before you answer that I want to tell you about what else you'll receive when you accept this very special offer.

You'll get this set of kitchen knives, with the revolutionary and patented diamondide-carbon-dolomite-fusion blade edges.

That's right, in addition to the salvation, you'll get the best knives in the world.

But wait, there's more!

You'll get this mini-sham, perfect for cleaning up tiny spills. You'll get this mega-sham for cleaning up giant spills. You'll get this collapsible garden hose that stores inside a egg-cup but can also deliver a massive payload of water for making giant spills!

That's right, you get the salvation, the knives, the mini-sham, the mega-sham and the folding miracle hose, all for absolutely bleeping free*!

Hurry, act now, before supplies run out.

*(Shipping and handling fees may apply.)

I'm holding out for the Sham-wow!!
MerriadocBrandybuck
Ranger of the North

Postby Lazarus II » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:21 pm

THIS VIDEO WILL EXPLAIN HOW THE NEW TESTIMENT OF THE BIBLE WAS CANONIZED (CAME TO BE):

WHOLE VIDEO:

http://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=D76LD7NX
Lazarus II
Petitioner to the Council

Postby Lazarus II » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:25 pm

Story of Angel and Cousin Sarah

Several years ago, My cousin was playing with a lighter in his bedroom. He caught a newspaper or comic book or something on fire and threw it on his bed. There were several people sleeping there. The whole house went up in flames. Everyone got out except for my 3 year old cousin sarah. They had written her off as dead. The whole house was in flames and filled with smoke. An off duty fireman happened to be driving by and saw the smoke. He stopped to help. He looked into the bedroom window and saw her sitting under the window with her hands on her head. He pulled her out and she was burned and has some scars to this day. He asked her how she knew to come over to that window and sit on the ground. She said that the man in the fire told her "Don't be afraid, to go over to the window sit down and put your hands over your head and face". Years later, she recounted her story with me. She said that the man had no face, light shining from it, he was 3 feet tall and dressed in white. He was floating in the corner of the room. My Grandparents were deeply committed Christians. Often times my Grandmother would be up all night, having trouble sleeping, praying for the safety of the family. At the same exact time that the fire was going on, my grandmother was several miles away sleeping in her bed. She heard a voice that told her "There's been a fire, Liz and the kids got out ok". A few minutes later, my Grandfather got the call on the phone "There's been a fire, liz and the kids got out ok" He tried to tell her what they said, but she already knew. The reason that God Spoke to her, I believe, is because it was HER prayer that the Lord was answering. Otherwise, my cousin would have died in the fire.
Lazarus II

Postby Frelga » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:18 pm

OK, now you are just trolling.
"You start running they'll never let you stop. You stand up, push back... Can't say no forever right?"
―Steve Rogers, Captain America: The First Avenger
Frelga
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby Lazarus II » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:30 pm

Frelga wrote:OK, now you are just trolling.

No. I am giving a story of a true, blue miracle that happened in my family in support of my argument that God is real and His Word is true.
Lazarus II

Postby Storyteller » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:51 am

Speaking of true stories.

A couple of decades ago, certain religious organizations tried to pressure the Haifa Technion, Israel's most famous university, into teaching religion alongside science. The Technion eventually agreed and offered the petitioners to draft an education program for two courses - "Applied Theology" and "Experimental theology". The request was never repeated.
"...Their aim in war with Germany is nothing more, nothing less than extermination of Hitlerism... There is absolutely no justification for this kind of war. The ideology of Hitlerism, just like any other ideological system, can be accepted or rejected, this is a matter of political views. But everyone grasps, that an ideology can not be exterminated by force, must not be finished off with a war.” - Vyacheslav Molotov, ""On the Foreign Policy of the Soviet Union", 31 October 1939
Storyteller
Mariner

Postby Lazarus II » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:40 pm

Storyteller wrote:Speaking of true stories.

A couple of decades ago, certain religious organizations tried to pressure the Haifa Technion, Israel's most famous university, into teaching religion alongside science. The Technion eventually agreed and offered the petitioners to draft an education program for two courses - "Applied Theology" and "Experimental theology". The request was never repeated.

Ok, but you do realize that Creation Science AND Intelligent design ARE Science, they look at the same evidence, yet draw different conclusions than Evolutionists.
Lazarus II

Postby Storyteller » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:47 am

Lazarus II wrote:

Ok, but you do realize that Creation Science AND Intelligent design ARE Science, they look at the same evidence, yet draw different conclusions than Evolutionists.

That's a no, on both counts.

Although feel free to prove me wrong. Science's most crucial defining characteristic is being able to make confirmable predictions. Kind of like archaeologists can predict the shape of a dinosaur on the basis of an incomplete collection of bones, and they are then proven correct when a more complete skeleton is unearthed. I don't believe there's a single example of intelligent design proponents putting forth a single theory that could serve as basis for accurately predicting anything. Do you know any?
"...Their aim in war with Germany is nothing more, nothing less than extermination of Hitlerism... There is absolutely no justification for this kind of war. The ideology of Hitlerism, just like any other ideological system, can be accepted or rejected, this is a matter of political views. But everyone grasps, that an ideology can not be exterminated by force, must not be finished off with a war.” - Vyacheslav Molotov, ""On the Foreign Policy of the Soviet Union", 31 October 1939
Storyteller
Mariner

Postby Lazarus II » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:40 pm

Storyteller wrote:
Lazarus II wrote:

That's a no, on both counts.

Although feel free to prove me wrong. Science's most crucial defining characteristic is being able to make confirmable predictions. Kind of like archaeologists can predict the shape of a dinosaur on the basis of an incomplete collection of bones, and they are then proven correct when a more complete skeleton is unearthed. I don't believe there's a single example of intelligent design proponents putting forth a single theory that could serve as basis for accurately predicting anything. Do you know any?

So then you admit that Evolution isn't Science because it cannot confirm more things than Creation Science or Intelligent Design can. Evolutionists are Notorious for taking one bone and then claiming that they know what the rest of the animal looks like. They will have an artist draw a picture, guided by them as to what it "may" have looked like, in an attempt to make it look like some sort of transitional species, which has never been proven to exist. Science Definition-Science is a systematic enterprise that builds and organizes knowledge in the form of testable explanations and predictions about the universe.

Did you know that Christians devised the Scientific Method? Started the First Universities and Modern Education System?
Lazarus II

Postby Jnyusa » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:42 pm

Storyteller wrote:Science's most crucial defining characteristic is being able to make confirmable predictions.

Although the predictive power of science is possibly its greatest virtue, I would say that its crucial defining characteristic is that its predictions are falsifiable.

It is the willingness to eject theories on the basis of evidence that makes science crucially different from religion.

And why are we arguing about this with someone whose education comes from youtube.com?
Jnyusa
Mariner

Postby Lazarus II » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:44 pm

The question isn't "Where did this person's education come from"? The Question is "Is what this person is saying actually true or not"? If so, it doesn't matter where it came from. Secondly, I went to a Liberal College and they couldn't brainwash me. Sorry. I also did my own research in many areas. Let's worry about what's actually true by debating the facts.
Lazarus II

Postby Storyteller » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:09 am

Lazarus II wrote:So then you admit that Evolution isn't Science because it cannot confirm more things than Creation Science or Intelligent Design can.

Well no. Intelligent Design cannot confirm anything. It's not even in the business of confirming.

Evolutionists are Notorious for taking one bone and then claiming that they know what the rest of the animal looks like. They will have an artist draw a picture, guided by them as to what it "may" have looked like, in an attempt to make it look like some sort of transitional species, which has never been proven to exist.

Finding that creature's skeleton is usually a sign that it existed at some point. And when the complete skeleton accords with the description made on the basis of an earlier found incomplete one, you have a falsifiable prediction.

Science Definition-Science is a systematic enterprise that builds and organizes knowledge in the form of testable explanations and predictions about the universe.

Yes. You're finally saying something accurate. Let us proceed to step two- what's testable about intelligent design?

Did you know that Christians devised the Scientific Method? Started the First Universities and Modern Education System?

Scientific method pre-dates Christianity by anywhere between 600 and 1500 years. The majority of scientists of Christian Europe drew on the ideas of Plato and Aristotle (5th century BC), but Babylonian astronomy was probably the first to apply mathematics to empirical observations.

Jnyusa- You have to admit, there's a certain satisfaction to shooting a fish this big in a barrel this small :)

Besides, this forum's been mostly dead, so anything that jolts it is welcome.
Storyteller
Mariner

Postby hamlet » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:34 am

Something to jolt the forum is great, but playing with trolls isn't really what we want this forum to turn into, is it?
hamlet
Ringbearer

Postby Jnyusa » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:37 pm

Lazarus wrote:The Question is "Is what this person is saying actually true or not"?

The Question is, "How does this person determine what is true and what is not true?" And that makes it matter very much where they got their education.

Storyteller wrote:Jnyusa- You have to admit, there's a certain satisfaction to shooting a fish this big in a barrel this small

Except that no matter how many times you shoot the fish, it keeps coming back as a less-evolved fish.

Hamlet wrote:Something to jolt the forum is great, but playing with trolls isn't really what we want this forum to turn into, is it?

Right you are, Hamlet.
Jnyusa
Mariner

Postby oldtoby » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:55 pm

Reading Lazzys foolishness, almost makes one nostalgic for Cenedril Glindaurs particular brand of fanatacism
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby Lazarus II » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:03 pm

Jnyusa wrote:
Lazarus wrote:The Question is "Is what this person is saying actually true or not"?

The Question is, "How does this person determine what is true and what is not true?" And that makes it matter very much where they got their education.

Storyteller wrote:Jnyusa- You have to admit, there's a certain satisfaction to shooting a fish this big in a barrel this small

Except that no matter how many times you shoot the fish, it keeps coming back as a less-evolved fish.

Hamlet wrote:Something to jolt the forum is great, but playing with trolls isn't really what we want this forum to turn into, is it?

Right you are, Hamlet.

It's called Evidence. Evidence doesn't care where you went to School. You either have evidence or you don't.
Lazarus II

Postby Jnyusa » Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:47 pm

Lazarus wrote:It's called Evidence. Evidence doesn't care where you went to School. You either have evidence or you don't.

Quite right.

The anecdotes of random people, no matter how heartfelt, are not evidence. Youtube videos are not evidence. Ancient texts, however they might seem to gain authenticity by virtue of being ancient, are still just the anecdotes of random people who lived during some ancient time and they are not evidence.

Evidence, in the sense that science uses the word, is by definition material and able to be replicated, because that's the only sort of thing science can deal with. Many things exist in human experience that science cannot deal with for that reason. They are real but they are not evidentiary and are therefore beyond the ken and the responsibility of science.

Our human experience of spirituality is quite real, but because it is personal, interior, and non-material it cannot be studied, classified, proved as if it were an object of science ... it can only be shared among humans. And when it is shared ingenuously, it is shared (in my opinion) in a spirit of profound humility before our profound ignorance of the wonders in which we exist. It can't be dictated, downloaded, explained, tested, polled, or separated from the person who experienced it. It is one of several things (another is love) that can only be addressed to another human being and cannot be inflicted upon another human being without losing the very essence, the very truth to which it lies claim.

JMHO.
Jnyusa
Mariner

Postby Daefaroth » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:27 pm

Our evidence indicates that the thread originator will no longer be contributing.

The discussion may continue however, be advised that this thread will also continue to be monitored.

Please keep it civil.
- - - - - Welcome to TORC - - - - -

- There are helpful Announcements at the top of most forums. Please read them.
- Need more help? Check the Adoption Forum.
- Premiere Membership helps support TORC.
Aspire not to rapid, large postcounts, for this only enhances the taste of a spammer,
when roasted with the Breath of Death and served with "Blair’s 16 Million Reserve" sauce.

Enjoy your visits. Remember to mind your manners.

Daefaroth *at* theonering -dot- com -OR- moderators *at* theonering -dot- com
Daefaroth
The Shadow Hunter

Postby Jnyusa » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:47 pm

:cry2: and we were on the brink of converting him to Judaism.
Jnyusa
Mariner

Postby MerriadocBrandybuck » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:40 pm

I think he would have made a great Zoroastrian
MerriadocBrandybuck
Ranger of the North

Previous

Return to Philosophy: Councils of Manwë