The last movie you saw thread

Come here and discuss your favorite Non-Tolkien movies, TV shows, radio plays, etc.

Re: The last movie you saw thread

Postby Otaku-sempai » Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:49 pm

I'm not sure if this should count, but I followed along on YouTube last night when Cliff & Justin watched the 1977 Rankin/Bass animated adaptation of The Hobbit for the TORn Tuesday livestream with Cliff's commentary.
Otaku-sempai
Shield Bearer

Postby Morwenna » Sat May 02, 2020 12:06 pm

It was on TV (what isn't these days, unless it's on the Internet), but it was Frozen 2 which we never got the chance to see last fall.
Morwenna
Ranger of the North

Postby Frelga » Sun May 03, 2020 8:55 am

I watched bits of Scorpion King, with the young Dwayne "the Rock" Johnson. It was a decent stab at a new Conan-type adventure. Was surprised to see Bernard Hill as a sort of early da Vinci character.
Impressive. Every word in that sentence was wrong.
Luke Skywalker, The Last Jedi
Frelga
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby Ninui » Mon May 04, 2020 1:38 pm

"Coffee & Kareem" .... 2020 .... Netflix original .... Taraji P. Henson .... Ed Helms .... Terrance Li Gardenhigh
Ahhhh. No. .... :x :P
Ninui
Mariner

Postby Ninui » Thu May 07, 2020 3:07 pm

"The Dirt" .... Netflix .... Documentary/Movie on Motley Crue. Watch it if you have Netflix. Enjoyable. Beware of nudity, drinking, drugs, and foul language. If all that is offensive to
you don't watch.

And "Sinister" .... 2012 .... Ethan Hawke .... Juliet Rylance. This was dang good. Watched on Netflix. They have the sequel streaming as well and will watch soon. Hope it's as good as the
first. Will admit to jumping out of my seat a few times. Don't watch if you don't like horror flicks.
Last edited by Ninui on Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ninui
Mariner

Postby Ninui » Sun May 24, 2020 11:22 am

"The Joker" .... 2019 .... Joaquin Phoenix .... Robert De Niro .... Zazie Beetz
Have been wanting to see this one since I saw the reports of its upcoming filming. More so when I found Joaquin Phoenix"s casting. Am happy to say I wasn't disappointed at all.
He more than deserved his Oscar for this movie.
Ninui
Mariner

Postby Ninui » Fri May 29, 2020 8:22 pm

"Sinister 2" .... 2015 .... James Ransone .... Shannon Sossaman .... Netflix
Truthfully, not as good as the first. Didn't make me jump or flinch as much. Still good though. Enjoyed watching.

"Tigertail" .... 2020 .... Christine Ko .... Tzi Ma ..... Joan Chen .... Lee Hong Chi .... Netflix
This was a good one. Has some subtitling in in but it isn't hard to keep up. Give it a try. ....

"The Half Of It " .... 2020 .... Lee Lewis .... Alexis Lemire .... Daniel Diemer .... Netflix
If you like teenagers finding who they are watch it. If you don't, avoid it. Didn't care for it.
Ninui
Mariner

Postby Ninui » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:33 pm

Watched a few since last time . Will post just a couple of them

"Seven Seconds" ..... Netflix ..... 2018 .... Regina King .... Clair-Hope pickle jars .... Michael Mosely .... Russell Hornsby
Very good. Wasn't too sure what side Michael Mosley's characters was on at first but all in all a very well made movie. Liked it very much.

"Dragon Warrior" ...On Demand .... 2011 .... Jason David Frank .... James Russo .... Dominick Keating .... Tara Klienpeter
Not good. Poorly done film. Had to be something straight to DVD. Don't think even pre-teen would like this one. Dominick Keating played Lt. Malcom in Enterprise. I watched 'cause
Tommy was the star of this one !!!!!!! (FYI ..... the Green Ranger )
Ninui
Mariner

Postby Ninui » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:06 pm

"The Eagle" ..... 1925 ..... Rudolph Valentino .... Vilma Banky
Not my favorite by Valentino but anything with him in it is "Fine by me". (Vilma Banky is Bela Lugosi's sister)
Ninui
Mariner

Postby Melwa » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:50 am

Agent Cody Banks - not as good as I remembered it was, but still entertaining. Very much a teen boy's fantasy of a spy movie, but I'm not a teen boy...

The Mikado - Friends showed me this probably ten years ago, and I knew that despite my dislike of the plot, I would eventually come back and memorize the songs. My brain decided this spring was the time for that, since I've had the music running through my head for months. It's so catchy!
Melwa
Ranger of the North

Postby Ninui » Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:23 pm

"Hannibal" ..... Anthony Hopkins ... Julianne Moore ..... Gary Oldman .... Ray Liotta ..... 2001
Ninui
Mariner

Previous

Return to Movies and Media: Other