Hercules on TV again

Come here and discuss your favorite Non-Tolkien movies, TV shows, radio plays, etc.

Hercules on TV again

Postby portia » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:11 pm

There was an episode of Hercules on a cable channel called "Hub".

Talk about eye candy!

It is worth watching for that, although not for the plots.
portia
Ringbearer

New or...

Postby Almatolmen » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:57 pm

Is this just a rebroadcast of the Sorbo series? Yes, there was a lot of hot bods on that series. But especially in the first season, there were a lot of good episodes, amazingly closer to the original MythosThan most film versions about Herakles.
Almatolmen
Mariner

Postby portia » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:15 am

This is a rebroadcast of the Sorbo series.

After watching 3 or 4 episodes, it seems even more brainless than it did the first time around, but it is still fun, watching Sorbo and also guest bits like Bruce Campbell as Autolycus the thief.
portia
Ringbearer

Postby hamlet » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:28 am

It's a great series just for some good goofy fun. Comes on just as I'm walking out the door in the morning. I usually catch the first 10 minutes or so.
hamlet
Ringbearer

Re: Hercules on TV again

Postby Elmtree » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:32 am

I loved that show. It is supposed to be a bit campy and silly-- yet it does adhere fairly closely to the actual mythology.

My favorite scene is when Hades shows up at the bar where Hercules is, and in a blast of god like power, zaps him and brings him to the underworld... where he then drops the god demeanor and complains about all the paperwork he has when processing the guys being killed in another of Ares wars, and whines that Persephone is away for six months. :D

The humor in that show was great. And I loved it any time Bruce Campbell showed up!
Elmtree
Not all those who wander aren't lost

Postby Melwa » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:02 pm

It's on again?! Cool, where, what channel?
Melwa
Ranger of the North

Postby hamlet » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:26 pm

It's on a channel called HUB which, depending on your service, is one of those high channels with kids shows on it that most people don't even seem to realize they get.

Haven't been able to actually watch much of the show lately due to schedule (I'm either at work or asleep), but every now and then I get a nice little bit. Last night or the night before had one of the alternate universe episodes on which are always kind of fun.

Now if they'd only start showing Xena, I'd be just tickled by it. At least the first few seasons of that show before she became a god killing machine.
hamlet
Ringbearer

Postby Ladykat » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:51 pm

Sorbo's back? Really?? I get HUB----at least I THINK I get HUB---maybe I'll try to find it.

LK
Ladykat
Between the Worlds of Men and Make Believe I Can be Found

Return to Movies and Media: Other