Call the Midwife

Come here and discuss your favorite Non-Tolkien movies, TV shows, radio plays, etc.

Call the Midwife

Postby Almatolmen » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:54 pm

While one of my favorite shows was in a commercial break, I went to PBS to see what this was about. I got so caught up I didn't go back. I decided that I'd have to miss the first six episodes of the other show and get caught up with repeats. I liked the moving storylines as told by the author of the book upon which the series is based and narrating her actual experiences. I also found it intriguing for illustrating what has and hasn't changed in obstetrics in the last 60 years. BTW, I was born about this time in the US.
Almatolmen
Mariner

Re: Call the Midwife

Postby dhalgren » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:23 pm

It's truly a brilliant series. I bought the DVD for my mother a few months ago, as I thought she would enjoy it. She watched the whole series in one sitting, she was so enraptured by it; she has never done that before! Every actor is perfectly cast, and there is such a wonderful balance of drama and humour, it is one of those rare, perfect programmes.
dhalgren
Rider of the Mark

Re: Call the Midwife

Postby Almatolmen » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:40 pm

I just watched the latest episode earlier tonight. Another excellent script, while there was more sadness than in the others. As my sister was an LPN, I know that this is a nurse's lot. I hope that we learn some time of poor Mary's fate. There also seemed to be some foreshadowing of coming developments.
Almatolmen
Mariner

Return to Movies and Media: Other