Black List!!!!

Come here and discuss your favorite Non-Tolkien movies.

Black List!!!!

Postby Wildwood » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:20 pm

Holy Smokes!! I love this show!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I usually avoid really violent shows. This show is violent. I love it! :D :D :D :D :D :D

I usually dislike anti-hero main characters. I want to feel good about supporting the show's protagonist. Red Reddington is a criminal of the worst sort. He commits multiple murders! No resorting to the justice system for him. He'll handle it on his own. I love it! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

This is just the type of show I would normally say NO to, without ever giving it a chance! :D :D :D :D :D But it had James Spader as its lead, and I love James Spader, so I gave it a shot. And now - here I am - betraying my own nature, so I can watch this show every week! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

If you haven't checked it out, I recommend it. But if you are at all like me, prepare to be watching from behind your hands!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Anybody else watching this show?
Wildwood
Ranger of the North

Re: Black List!!!!

Postby Jnyusa » Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:52 pm

I'm hooked.

James Spader is so good in everything he does, it really annoys me that his career did not take off much earlier than it did and that we don't have early reruns of him ad infinitum to watch. Who remembers that he was the star of the original Stargate movie? And then they handed that role off to McGyver when it went to TV. Bleah.
Jnyusa
Mariner

Postby Frelga » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:19 pm

And here I thought this was the list of movies Wildwood wouldn't watch no matter what. =:)
"You start running they'll never let you stop. You stand up, push back... Can't say no forever right?"
―Steve Rogers, Captain America: The First Avenger
Frelga
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby Wildwood » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:39 pm

Frelga: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I am a huge James Spader fan! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D I don't necessarily like everything he is in, or every character he plays. What I like is how entirely he plays them! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D He caught my eye, way back in the 80's, in Pretty in Pink. :D :D :D :D :D :D He was just the stock bad guy. Rich handsome snob who is the foil that makes the leading guy see what the leading gal was really all about, etc. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D But in the relatively few minutes he had, he was so believable, and there was more depth there than the part really required. For the time he is on the screen, you dislike him, as you are supposed to do. But you also get this feeling that there is more to him, that there's a story there as well, but you don't get to know what it is. Unexpected, in that sort of movie, and welcome!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Stargate is one of my favorite movies. Anytime its on, I'm tuning in! And I have it on dvd, just in case it isn't on when I am in the mood for it! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Anyhow - my point is....I really do not like characters like Red Reddington, and shows that ask me to sympathize bad guys, like Red Reddington! :D :D :D :D :D But just like in Pretty In Pink, this clearly bad guy is making me see what's underneath!!! He's making me wonder...how'd he get that way? What's his story? What's he really trying to accomplish here? Could this bad guy really be a good guy? But wait! No - he's a murderer and a thief and morally compromised in so many ways! So why - again - am I rooting for him to win???!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Wildwood
Ranger of the North

Return to Movies - Other