Sleepy Hollow....Almost Human

Come here and discuss your favorite Non-Tolkien movies.

Sleepy Hollow....Almost Human

Postby Wildwood » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:25 pm

I won't post anymore tv show threads. This is in "movies" after all. But on the other hand, we don't really have a forum for tv shows do we? :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Hmmm. Someone should make a tv show of TH and LOTR, so we could have that forum! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Anyhoo.....

Sleepy Hollow - I love it! Tom Mison is so awesome, and so is his counter-part, Nicole Beharrie. I watched it on a lark, expecting it to just be awful. But it got me in the very first episode. Anybody else been sucked into the Sleepy Hollow? :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Almost Human - another one I fell in love with. But I sort of expected to love this one! It's right up my street, as the saying goes! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D It seems to be doing well, so Fox will naturally kill it as soon as possible. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D They "fireflied" it, and showed the episodes all in the wrong order already. But I have managed to get completely hooked in spite of it. Karl Urban is awesome, and the guy who plays the DRN android is amazing!! I need to learn his name, and add him to my list of favorite actors. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Have you watched it at all?

Ok. Nuff outta me!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Wildwood
Ranger of the North

Re: Sleepy Hollow....Almost Human

Postby heliona » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:14 am

I love Sleepy Hollow too! I like the fact that it doesn't take itself very seriously. I also love that the two protagonists have a big difference in height. Having a little female lead is fabulous (I might be biased, though ;) ). :D

I've not heard of Almost Human - hmm. Karl Urban? I might have to check that out! :D
Image<-- Sir Gwaine representing the letter "G" in the TVM!

Life is short; break the rules, forgive quickly; kiss slowly; love truly; laugh uncontrollably; and never regret anything that made you smile. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Grab a chance and you won't be sorry for the might-have-beens. - Arthur Ransome

Just because I have the vocabulary of a well-educated sailor doesn't mean I'm not a lady.

In Memoriam EDW - March 14th 2009
In Memoriam rowanberry - March 1st 2014 (~In Memoriam AHH - Alfred Lord Tennyson~)

Photos: My Flickr Photo Collections & Wee Nell - the furry ball of mischief!

(I occasionally post as White Shadow - you've been warned!)

New posters, there's a Welcome and Comprehensive Guide to the Messageboard to answer your questions.
heliona
The Sexy One ~ Hellaciously Huggable

Postby Gungnir » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:52 am

Almost Human has not been shown over here yet and I can't find any mention of a UK broadcaster who has bought the series. I've been keeping an eye out for this series for a while, it looks pretty good and (as I drunkenly announced at the last Oxford Moot) the godlike Karl Urban is my current (and I think, only) man-crush.

Wildy you mentioned in another thread that you don't generally like violent films which is a pity as Urban is absolutely awesome in the extremely violent (and criminally underrated) 'Dredd'. Imagine Robocop played by Dirty Harry.
Gungnir
Mariner

Postby Wildwood » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:52 am

I may give it a shot. Your recommendation has influence with me. :D :D :D :D :D I was inclined to see it anyhow. My daughter has been bugging me to watch. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D will keep you posted. I hope almost human comes within your reach, sooner than later. But watch them in order produced rather than aired. Fox are idiots sometimes!! I think the show will hold on in spite of them. I hope anyhow! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Wildwood
Ranger of the North

Postby GlassHouse » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:46 am

Haven't watched the American version of Almost Human so I can't say anything about it but Sleepy Hollow is really turning out to be quite an interesting show. I originally thought that it was just goofy "Night Stalker-ish" (as I think basil called it) TV - and it is on one level. I mean, zombie George Washington?! I nearly fell off my chair at that one - but they handled it well, he is NOT a shambling, decaying corpse that eats Red Coats.
But the last episode I saw took a really dark and unexpected turn regarding Ichabod and Katrina's son (no spoilers). One I think no one saw coming. It will be interesting to see how this develops.
GlassHouse
Mariner

Postby Wildwood » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:34 pm

I sure didn't see it coming! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D I was shouting at the tv!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
I truly expected to hate this show. Dismiss it as nonsense immediately and move on. I don't know why I even bothered to watch it, except I liked the look of Icahbod! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D He had nice eyes and I liked the hair and the clothes! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Figured I would give it one hour of my time, laugh at how dumb it was, and move on. NOPE! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

So how did you like the scene where he gets all offended at the way they talked about "The British are coming!" vs "The regulars are coming!". :D :D :D :D :D The little touches, like that one, are what get you! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D One minute, creepy and scary. Next minute, laughing my head off! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Can't wait for next season!
Wildwood
Ranger of the North

Postby GlassHouse » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:09 am

Hey Wildwood, I see Sleepy Hollow is finally coming back. I was wondering when it would.

So how did you like the scene where he gets all offended at the way they talked about "The British are coming!" vs "The regulars are coming!".

I don't recall that scene but I get a laugh out of his fixation on smart phones.
GlassHouse
Mariner

Postby heliona » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:10 am

Hmm, I think I need to stop reading this thread, because the episode where it is revealed that George Washington was a zombie only aired last week here. I was reading this thread a while ago wondering whether I'd missed it or not, and then the episode aired and I realised that I hadn't!

(Also, saying that Ichabod and Katrina have a son is itself a spoiler, Glasshouse - fortunately I'd already seen that episode before reading your post! :) )

I had thought that we were only a couple of weeks behind the US, but obviously we are more than that.

Life is short; break the rules, forgive quickly; kiss slowly; love truly; laugh uncontrollably; and never regret anything that made you smile. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Just because I have the vocabulary of a well-educated sailor doesn't mean I'm not a lady.

In Memoriam rowanberry - March 1st 2014 (~In Memoriam AHH - Alfred Lord Tennyson~)

New posters, there's a Welcome and Comprehensive Guide to the Messageboard to answer your questions.
heliona

Postby Wildwood » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:59 pm

Sleepy Hollow is officially done for the season here. Sigh. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D:D :D :D :D They are renewed for next season, but they are still doing a short season. Honestly - I think its a good idea, and as much as I love episodic tv, I wish more shows were like that! it seems to really improve the story telling! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D No filler! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D To my way of thinking, they could make a lot more shows, of differing varieties, all of short run duration, and just do away with this whole idea of "premier season" and "pilot season" and just have continuous tv, all the time! Finish up one show's run, start another's! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Not putting any Sleepy spoilers here, but as soon as you've seen the finale, please say so, and we can discuss. My jaw? Still on the floor! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Cannot wait for this show to come back! Under no circumstance will I pine for FALL - and definitely not from the dead of winter!!!! but, since it will come anyhow, at least I will have that to console me! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

As for Almost Human - they are saying it is on the bubble, meaning it is likely to be canceled. It's a great show, and the acting (with one exception) is really great too! so of course, Fox is rapidly killing it by airing the episodes out of order. What is the matter with those people???!!! Oh well. I will buy it and it will become one of my one-season wonder faves, just like Firefly!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D That was two whole shows I would watch on FOX, a channel I normally will not even tolerate on my TV!!! Now they will whittle it down to only Sleepy Hollow! another reason to give them the stink-eye! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Wildwood
Ranger of the North

Postby Tsalagi_Phoenix » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:24 pm

Haven't seen Almost Human, but I love Sleepy Hollow. I can't wait for the next season.
Tsalagi_Phoenix
Citizen of Imladris

Postby heliona » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:27 pm

I saw the last episode of Sleepy Hollow last week. It was a bit of a surprise ending! I'm glad they've got another season, otherwise that would be an awful place to leave us hanging. :D

heliona

Return to Movies - Other