Hellboy

Come here and discuss your favorite Non-Tolkien movies.

Hellboy

Postby Tsalagi_Phoenix » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:41 pm

Who else loves these movies?

I've been a big fan for years and have watched both the movies many times. The animated movies are great too. There is supposed to be a third one, but Guillermo del Toro says it is unlikely Hellboy 3 will ever get made. The studios don't want to give him the budget he wants for the third movie.

Ron Perlman, the actor that plays Hellboy, says he'll never stop trying to get the third movie made. I just hope it happens one day. I want to see the story finished.
Tsalagi_Phoenix
Citizen of Imladris

Re: Hellboy

Postby Ninui » Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:08 am

I do !!
I love Hellboy. I've loved Ron Perlman since the Beauty And The Beast days of the 80's. When I first saw Hellboy I wondered what anyone saw in the movie. It wasn't until I watched for a 2nd & 3rd time that I understood. Big fan ever since. Shame the studios are so tight fisted with money. They probably have no faith in the outcome of del Toro's vision.
Have not seen any animated films but am sure they are just as good as real action ones. Guess all we can do is keep the fingers crossed and our eyes on the horizon for the 3rd. :)
Ninui
Ranger of the North

Re: Hellboy

Postby Tsalagi_Phoenix » Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:49 am

Ninui wrote:I do !!
I love Hellboy. I've loved Ron Perlman since the Beauty And The Beast days of the 80's. When I first saw Hellboy I wondered what anyone saw in the movie. It wasn't until I watched for a 2nd & 3rd time that I understood. Big fan ever since. Shame the studios are so tight fisted with money. They probably have no faith in the outcome of del Toro's vision.
Have not seen any animated films but am sure they are just as good as real action ones. Guess all we can do is keep the fingers crossed and our eyes on the horizon for the 3rd. :)

I watched the Beauty and the Beast show when I was a kid. I think a few years back the channel Chiller had played it again for a while. I need to get it on DVD. Ron Perlman is a great actor.

The animated movies are really good and Ron Perlman does the voice of Hellboy the animated movies. If you really like the live-action ones, I'd definitely recommend checking out the animated movies.

I know the Hellboy movies didn't make a big profit in the box office, but they did well on video. However, Guillermo says now studios don't have the safety net of video sales so they don't want to risk making the third movie.

I think a Hellboy movie could do well at the box office, if they release it at the right time. Hellboy 2 was released only a week before The Dark Knight. How did the studio expected it to do up against a movie like that? And besides, Batman is a very popular superhero, where as Hellboy isn't as well known.

But I'm just staying positive and hoping some studio will decide to take the risk.
Tsalagi_Phoenix
Citizen of Imladris

Return to Movies - Other