The Maze Runner

Come here and discuss your favorite Non-Tolkien movies.

The Maze Runner

Postby Lalaith-Elerrina » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:57 am

I'm curious how the Maze Runner movie is, for anyone who has seen it. I've read the book, and it was awesome. JAMES DASHNER is an excellent writer! But I haven't been to see the movie yet. In your opinion how is it? If you've read the book, how does the movie compare to the book in your opinion?
Lalaith-Elerrina
Ringbearer

Re: The Maze Runner

Postby HELMHAMMERHAND » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:31 am

I though it was kind of like Logan's Run...replacing the domed city with a maze. The inside entrance would open and close at set times crushing any body foolish enough not to avoid them. They were big slabs of concrete that were powered by some mechanical clock work device.

The area inside was a hug grassy area, like a park with trees and shelters for all the people were entirely made up of young men who often go out into the maze to find a way outside.

Parts of the maze would often open and close much like inner entrance and as they got further out would entire corridors would completely l move with the metal part hat made up the wall turning sideways.

Easy to realise if seen for yourself.

One of men gets bitten or stabbed by some strange creature that travels the maze and they become hostile towards the others before succumbing to the poison coursing through their body.

One day, a girl turns up in place where they were all found when they were first put there......

I won't tell you the rest.
HELMHAMMERHAND
Ranger of the North

Postby Lalaith-Elerrina » Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:40 am

Thanks! I'm familiar with the story, as I know the book extremely well. It sounds like you're describing the Grievers. Those creatures out in the maze. And of course Teresa shows up. I'm glad it doesn't sound too much different from the book. I know movies cannot be just exactly like the book, but I appreciate when they're pretty close.
Lalaith-Elerrina
Ringbearer

Postby szczurolapka » Mon May 18, 2015 3:04 pm

In my opinion great for teenagers
szczurolapka
Petitioner to the Council

Postby serwusek » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:05 am

book was nothing amazing for me but concept - great. Movie can be amazing :D
serwusek

Postby ercaerca » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:48 pm

Great movie...my granddaughter wanted me to read this book, and I was so excited that they made a movie. I'm looking forward to the next movie. Still sad that some of my favs didn't make it..such is life. *sigh*
ercaerca

Return to Movies - Other