Anthony Bourdain Thoughts

Come here and discuss your favorite Non-Tolkien movies, TV shows, radio plays, etc.

Anthony Bourdain Thoughts

Postby rwhen » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:38 am

Anthony Bourdain, writer, traveler, chef, song writer, singer, poet and sarcastic as hell.....did kill himself one year ago yesterday with little to no explanation as to why.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Bourdain

This has left me befuddled and scratching my head. A guy who seemed to just not give two patoots about anything except his daughter and doing what he did best. He stated his thoughts freely and without any shame, he ate what he loved and sometimes what he didn't. He wrote so well and expressed himself with wit and a droll dry humor that I loved.

Did he just get tired of it all? I guess for most of us, traveling the world and meeting all sorts of new people and eating great foods would be a dream come true. He must have really loved it, he did it for a very long time over three channels....Food Network, Travel Channel and CNN. Why would he leave a young daughter alone like that? What could motivate that action and in that way....hanging himself. He is a well known and spoke open and honestly about his past heavy drug use....why not just take that way out, seems easier. Hanging is so....so.....planned and physical. *shivers* I just don't get it.

But..he is gone and here a year later, I wanted to remember him. Maybe others would like to as well. I have found that folks either loved him or hated him. He laughed at that and thought it pretty cool. He would hate to be mediocre.

*sigh* :cry2: :cry2: :cry2:
Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!oldtoby!Cock Robin(CR)!Prim!Calma! I will never ever forget you.

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Yes Ayslhyn, I do still remember.

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Re: Anthony Bourdain Thoughts

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:10 pm

I think I must have been on another planet entirely...I completely missed that happened! I didn't watch him, but knew who he was. :(

Some days are grumpier than others...

For Calma :rose:
For Cock-Robin :rose:
For Toby :rose:

May we never forget them. :rose:

Cats were once worshiped in Egypt. They have never forgotten this.

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Return to Movies and Media: Other