Halloween movies

Come here and discuss your favorite Non-Tolkien movies, TV shows, radio plays, etc.

Halloween movies

Postby Morwenna » Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:52 pm

OK, what's your favorite? What do you like watching this time of year? Funny? Classic horror? Slasher? Animated? Any combination thereof?

I like the old classic horror movies (like, from before I was born), but they're not on TV very often. But I am a sucker for the funny-spooky and the cute/slightly macabre. Just this weekend, for example, we watched the Hotel Transylvania trilogy and Tim Burton's two classics, Corpse Bride and Nightmare Before Christmas. Everyone, including hubby, is trying to convince me to see Hocus Pocus and I'll probably catch it in the next couple weeks. I also like the Addams Family movies, though I haven't watched them yet this season.

I don't do slasher, though. Yuck.
Morwenna
Ranger of the North

Re: Halloween movies

Postby Ninui » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:10 pm

Old classics. Like Bela Lugosi"s Dracula & Karloff's Frankenstein. Creature From The Black Lagoon curled my toes as a younger person. There's a few lighter fare that I like
such as Love At First Bite and The Fearless Vampire Killers. I used to watch slasher movies but not anymore. Christophe Lee's Dracula is awesome
Ninui
Mariner

Re: Halloween movies

Postby Otaku-sempai » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:27 am

Funny: Rocky Horror Picture Show; Young Frankenstein; Ghostbusters (1984); Tremors.

Anime: Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust; Cowboy Bebop: The Movie (Knockin' on Heaven's Door); Silent Mobius; Wicked City.

Sci Fi: Alien; Pitch Black; Forbidden Planet.

Horror/Supernatural: The Exorcist; The Prophesy; Hellboy (2004).
Otaku-sempai
Shield Bearer

Return to Movies and Media: Other