Bolt to Madagascar

Come here and discuss your favorite Non-Tolkien movies, TV shows, radio plays, etc.

Bolt to Madagascar

Postby portia » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:30 pm

There seems to be a bunch of these animated funny-animals movies, right now. I will be seeing either Bolt or Madagascar 2 to-nite. Does anyone have any comments?
portia
Ringbearer

Postby Erufailon.Atanvarno » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:24 pm

I saw Madagascar 2 recently, and I liked it! :)

First of all, I loved the original one, and didn't have high hopes going in to see the sequel (seeing the trend most sequels have these days...) But I actually really enjoyed the movie and it was definitly at least on par with the first Madagascar.

Of course, I also only saw it because Quantum of Solace was sold out :|
Erufailon.Atanvarno
Ranger of the North

Postby Cock-Robin » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:32 am

I saw both Bolt and Madagascar 2, and they were both funny and beautiful! When I saw Bolt, I saw it in 3-D, and the Dolby 3-D is far better than the past of that genre, although they still couldn't resist the temptation to throw things at the audience. Though I really wanted to see it in IMAX, though there are no theaters nearby with that capacity.

They call him Flipper...

Meneldor, Warrior Bard, and Brondgast, Mithril Knights

Gwaeryn and Robin, The Expected Party

Meneldor, Alatar and Pallando, Darkness Reigns: The Resistance

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Vanaladiel » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:34 am

I haven't see either one as of yet but again they are definitely on my list of animated films to see soon. :thumbsup:
Image Spring come quickly!!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

We mourn the loss of another wonderful man from TORC! oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Ponyboy » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:31 am

Bolt was pretty good. It was about 15 minutes too long, but other than that quite enjoyable. The hamster (Rhino) is really, really funny.
Ponyboy
Shield Bearer

Postby portia » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:58 pm

I saw "Bolt" last night. I am not sure I thought it was too long. Maybe. In any event, it was both funny and heartwarming. The Hamster was definitely the comic relief. I laughed very hard when the inside of the hamster ball steamed up!

The animators did a very good job capturing the characteristics ofthe different animals. The pigeons were especially well done.

I think kids will like it and all but the little ones (4-6) will be ok with the suspenseful ending.
portia
Ringbearer

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:08 am

I saw Madagascar and while it was good, it wasn't quite as good as the first one.

I want to see Bolt!

And we may be going to see The Tale of Despereaux. It's hard to find movies my mom will go watch, but when I told her this one is based on the book written by the same person who wrote Because of Winn Dixie her face lit up. :D

It's difficult having another Christmas season without a Pixar flick...but at least we can rent Wall-e.

<------ The TVM is going on vacation!

Cats were once worshiped in Egypt. They have never forgotten this.

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Postby portia » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:25 pm

I think I will see "Madagascar 3" tonight. . . .

I thought I might avoid the theater full of kids by going to the 7:00 show.
Wrong.

the theater was nearly full (cheap night) and 2/3 were kids.

They didn't understand what was happening and I didn't either.

In addition, the difficulty hearing over food noises, talking at the top of toddler voices and crying, and seeing beyond adults and kids getting up for bathroom trips was a real problem. But, I do not think it would have made any sense even if I were the only one in the theater.

If children of your acquaintance force you to go to this, take your e-reader.
portia
Ringbearer

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:41 am

I just looked at my last post...I've yet to see Bolt or Desperaux! :rofl: Guess I better put them on Netflix...

I've found with movies that might be kid inundated to wait about a week if you can and try for a later show. Works better on a school night, though. ;)

<------ The TVM is going on vacation!

Cats were once worshiped in Egypt. They have never forgotten this.

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Re: Bolt to Madagascar

Postby siddharth » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:17 am

First of all, I have seen both Bolt and Madagscar 2.
I really enjoyed Bolt ( a bit long but all the same). I didn't really like Madagascar 2. It was okay I think, though the start was good.

I didn't wanted to create another thread for this so I'll just ask my question here:

I haven't seen ANY of the animated movies this year ( 2012) and I plan to watch the good ones. So, can you suggest me, which ones were really good this year? I'm looking for a light-hearted one with at least a little humor. ( Funny ones are more appreciated though!)

Thanks for the help! :thumbsup:
siddharth
Ranger of the North

Return to Movies and Media: Other