What makes a real Lord Of the Rings Fan

Fans of the movies? Love those actors; How about the characters? Come here to discuss all forms of fandom surrounding Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings.

What makes a real Lord Of the Rings Fan

Postby researchingfandom » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:01 pm

can you explain to what the extent of fandom is taken to be a real Fan of the Film and maybe book franchise
researchingfandom
Petitioner to the Council

Re: What makes a real Lord Of the Rings Fan

Postby BagginsGirl » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:43 pm

Probably, having watched the movies several times to the point you can quote them. Being able to quote parts of the books, owning different versions of the books and movies. Owning T-shirts, costumes, jewelry, replicas, pictures, and other random things that are somehow related to the movies/books. Listening to music from or inspired by the movies/books. Considering naming a pet or child after a character from the books/movies. Um mm, I can't think of anything else. But I gave you an example of an extreme fan, is that helpful? Hope it is, let me know! :)
BagginsGirl
Rider of the Mark

Postby Peremensoe » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:29 pm

Uh... I really don't think it has anything to do with merchandise.
Peremensoe
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Arlaug » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:24 am

I don't see it the way you do, sorry. Firstly, I am an admirer of Tolkien's work. Not just movies, nor just the trilogy. Ergo I admire the Professor for his everlasting work and the imagination which was beyond anything else I've seen.
Arlaug
Shield Bearer

Postby BagginsGirl » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:08 pm

I understand were both of you are coming from. I didn't mean to imply it had only to do with merchandise. But I thought the question was aimed at fans more of the movies, then books, though I did try to include books too. Also, I was giving an example of an extreme version of a movie fan, which I thought was what was being asked about.Though, I may have misunderstood the question. Like always,my opinions are up for debate:) I see what both of you are saying.
BagginsGirl
Rider of the Mark

Postby researchingfandom » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:47 am

All information of fandom is great :) mainly the films however both the book and film is important
researchingfandom

Postby BagginsGirl » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:06 pm

Well, like one of the previous posts said admiring the Professor for his work is a sign of a fan. I guess you would want to know as much about Tolkien and his work as possible. Researching him, his life, his work, his beliefs..... There really are a lot of different versions of fans, and what makes a fan really depends on the person. I think you might want a wide variety to answer this question.

:)
BagginsGirl
Rider of the Mark

Postby ekrolo2 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:38 am

Appreciating the material when its good or does something right but also acknowledging/pointing out its flaws or mistakes when they happen is what makes a real fan of anything.
ekrolo2

Return to Movies - Lord of the Rings (Fandom)