Which is your favourite Extended Edition Scene?

Fans of the movies? Love those actors; How about the characters? Come here to discuss all forms of fandom surrounding Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings.

Which is your favourite Extended Edition Scene?

Postby Gorgoroth_101 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:27 pm

Which is your favorite Extended Edition Scene?

I love the scene with the Mouth of Sauron, such a weird character I don't know if it should have been in the theatrical cut, but I think the Saruman scene at the start of ROTK should have been in. Plus heaps of others.

So what is your favorite scene, or just one or two that you thought should have been in the theatrical cut.

(I know I posted this in the other thread but I think this is a more appropriate place)
Gorgoroth_101
Petitioner to the Council

Postby meaningofhaste » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:42 am

Faramir/Eowyn Houses of Healing Scene.
meaningofhaste
Ranger of the North

Postby Angmar Assassin » Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:27 am

I agree on The Mouth. I just like the longer battle scenes. Aragorn vs Lurtz, Helms Deep, etc.
Angmar Assassin

Postby Gorgoroth_101 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:18 am

Yea some of the extended stuff in the battle scenes like helms deep are awesome, with more violence and over the top stuff like the chain Boromir gets hooked on in Balin's tomb, but it weird when you watch the theatrical cut you miss them.
Gorgoroth_101

Postby Boromir ROCKS » Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:54 pm

The part where Boromir.. Simply walked into Mordor..
Boromir ROCKS

Postby Maile~Lilinoe » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:43 pm

I have two, first the drinking game one with Legolas and Gimli in Rohan as well as the Faramir/Eowyn Houses of Healing Scene. It was good to see what happens to them.
Maile~Lilinoe

Postby Shadowfaex » Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:33 am

Could be the scene with the death of Saruman by Grima, or the Mouth of Sauron.
Shadowfaex
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Amrunelen » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:16 am

The scene where Faramir flashbacks to Osgiliath in TTT, the only glimpse you get of his and Boromir's brotherly love. It also makes you dislike Denethor even more.

This city was once the jewel of our kingdom; a place of light and beauty and music....and so it shall be once more! Let the armies of Mordor know this: never again will the land of my people fall into enemy hands. The city of Osgiliath has been reclaimed FOR GONDOR!
Amrunelen
Mariner

Postby Dunthule » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:28 pm

Amrunelen wrote:The scene where Faramir flashbacks to Osgiliath in TTT, the only glimpse you get of his and Boromir's brotherly love. It also makes you dislike Denethor even more.

This city was once the jewel of our kingdom; a place of light and beauty and music....and so it shall be once more! Let the armies of Mordor know this: never again will the land of my people fall into enemy hands. The city of Osgiliath has been reclaimed FOR GONDOR!

Agreed! It added some background to the triangle relationship between father and sons. Also, Boromirs reluctance to come in contact with 'Isildir's bane'.
Dunthule
Ranger of the North

Postby Lebasi » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:42 am

Yes I agree with that too. And also the Mouth of Sauron scene.

I liked the Saruman's death scene but personally I'd have preferred it in the Shire like in the books. I suppose that would have taken too long and not ended the story cleanly but I really liked that bit in the books.

There was a bit that I wanted to mention but I can't remember what it was...
Lebasi
Ranger of the North

Postby NylaDawnstar » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:39 pm

My favorite extended edition scene in the flashback of Boromir and his family((in the Two Towers)). It really shows what kind of relationship the two brothers had with their father and each other.
NylaDawnstar

Location: Where all reality becomes dreams, and all dreams become reality.

Postby michi22766 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:17 pm

For someone who only saw the movies, I think the revelation about Aragon being a Numenor was a bit.... mind blowing.
michi22766

Postby Lothcú » Fri May 18, 2012 9:36 pm

Ah so many...I think #1 for me is Gimli and Legolas in the drinking game. Cracks me up! I love little moments like that in movies, they give it heart. :)
Lothcú

Re:

Postby LordoftheShortys » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:40 pm

michi22766 wrote:For someone who only saw the movies, I think the revelation about Aragon being a Numenor was a bit.... mind blowing.

Thats my fave EE scene in Two Towers. I had no idea he was that old. But for the Numenor bloodline, 87 has to be least early 30s. In the books, it is said that Aragorn actually lives to be 210! :O
LordoftheShortys

Return to Movies - Lord of the Rings (Fandom)