Swooning for Dwarves!

Fans of the movies? Love those actors; How about the characters? Come here to discuss all forms of fandom surrounding Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings.

Swooning for Dwarves!

Postby Harvestar » Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:46 pm

Ok... I never thought I'd say this, but who else is swooning for dwarves?

mmmm.... Thorin!

mmm...Fili and Kili!!!

(anyone else?!?)
Harvestar
Mariner

Re: Swooning for Dwarves!

Postby wyterayven » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:36 pm

Ummmm...yeah...I'll admit to that.

I had no idea dwarves could be sexy. LOL!
wyterayven
Petitioner to the Council

Postby Calma » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:06 pm

Welcome to TORC, wyterayven!

Thorin is definitely swoonable....Image

And Kili and Fili are a close second.
Image My Very First LOL

Funny Animal Month in the TVM!! :D

Join the funWith The TVM

ImageCAT LOVERS GUILD :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:yippie: MARINERS!!!!!

Let's hope for a better result next year

SOUNDERS!!!

:rose: Toni...Dannie…Ray-Ray…William...Waneta...Damon...David...Guy… rowan

Always looking for new posters for the TORC 365 PROJECT

Image Rock On!
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Location: Up the road, across the street, down the lane, and around the bend

Postby RohirrimNed » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:34 am

Oh, I adore Fili, Kili, Thorin...and even started to take a shine for Bofur (I loved James Nesbitt anyway)
But Fili and Kili win hands down! I didn't think I'd find any of the Dwarves attractive, but woof woof! I was wrong!
RohirrimNed
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Ladykat » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:56 pm

For me, Thorin and Kili are tied for first.

Well, maybe Kili has just the SLIGHTEST edge. I always liked looking at Adin Turner in the BBC Being Human series. He's one of the reasons I watched it. :D

Fili is a VERY close second.

LK
Ladykat
Between the Worlds of Men and Make Believe I Can be Found

Postby Swordsman_Of_The_Tower » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:48 pm

Thorin jumped to #1 for me.

Honestly Fili might take 2. Hard to say. Those two might be tied.
Swordsman_Of_The_Tower
Ranger of the North

Postby MeadowForest » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:07 am

Damn straight. Who knew Dwarves could be sexy? :p

Kili is the most memorably dashing. Of course Fili and Thorin were handsome too!

Though not of the 'hot' dwarf set, Bofur was possibly my favourite of the dwarves character-wise - good ol' Jimmy Nesbitt. :D
MeadowForest
Shield Bearer

Postby Baraz-Kibil » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:26 pm

Thorin is my king. Fili is #2, and Kili is third. Bofur is a sweetheart. I have to say,it was quite surprising to see the work done on the dwarves, poor JRD probably would have loved those prosthetics.

But to stay on topic, I'm not afraid to say that when Thorin sang, I closed my eyes and simply enjoyed. Richard Armitage, I love your voice. :love:
Baraz-Kibil

Postby GreyWitch » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:33 pm

So this is where you dwarf-swooning lot have been hiding! Hi to the people that don't know me yet. I joined yesterday. :D

I've been looking for a place to express my unexpected case of hots for the dwarves and finally, here it is! Maybe they should have called the movie "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Dwarf Swoonfest". :P If someone had told me, say, a year ago that I would come to find dwarves attractive, I would have said they're crazy. But really, Thorin is incredibly hot. =:) Kili is awfully cute, and Fili is not exactly hard on the eyes either.

Oh, and I love Bofur, too, because I love James Nesbitt. He totally owned the role!
GreyWitch
Citizen of Imladris

Postby wyterayven » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:32 pm

Thank you for the Welcome, Calma.

Id have to say Thorin all the way. :) The physicality, the command presence, the voice. Wow.

Fili and Kili are nice...but they're just boys. lol
wyterayven

Postby GreyWitch » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:50 am

wyterayven wrote:Fili and Kili are nice...but they're just boys. lol

Especially Kili, if you ask me. :P

Thorin is the man, oh yes.
GreyWitch
Citizen of Imladris

Postby wyterayven » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:24 pm

One more thing I have to say.

This is the first time I have ever preferred a movie to the book. In the story, the dwarves were often made to look silly. Occasionally we see that here. But we get to see the majesty of a King...and those that follow him. They were able to keep the prickly part of their personalities and show that they could be silly, but that wasnt who they were in essence. I loved that. The fact that there was actually eye candy in the movie was unexpected, and not why I went to see the film, or why I love it.

I have loved middle earth since I was a child. And I had trepidation when it was announced that they would be making Lord of the Rings (I have hated the other productions I have seen of it). But I did enjoy it, and was pleasantly surprised. So I was very hopeful for the Hobbit, and it surpassed my expectations. I know not all would agree, and I understand that.
wyterayven

Postby MeadowForest » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:58 am

GreyWitch wrote:Maybe they should have called the movie "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Dwarf Swoonfest". :P If someone had told me, say, a year ago that I would come to find dwarves attractive, I would have said they're crazy.

Hahaha. :thumbsup:
MeadowForest
Shield Bearer

Postby dr_boots » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:28 am

Yay! :clap:

I found this thread!

Had to weigh in on the great dwarf swoonfest.

Who would have thunk it??? Gorgeous dwarves....and not just one. Life doesn't get much better than this. Thank you PJ!!!! :love:

I have to give my first vote for Kili :thumbsup: . Love those smoldering dark Irish looks :love: . Not only that but Aiden Turner looks as good or better in real life. Adored him in BBC's Being Human (one of the best reason's to watch that series). Great actor and I only hope PJ gives him a chance to show off his talent in the next two films. Also like that PJ made him stand-out as an archer and not another ax swinger.

Next would be a tie between Thorin and Fili. Though I know it has nothing to do with the swoon-o-meter scale, sometimes Thorin's pride and anger gets in the way.

I think both Kili and Fili will gain in maturity as the story progresses. Remember they are the youngest with Kili being the younger brother. He is still lighthearted and somewhat innocent in the ways of the world. I do think he (along with Balin) have more of a friendship and closeness to Bilbo. In a way Kili and Fili remind me of Pippin and Merry in LOTR.

Dr. B
Chaser after loose Greyhounds
Slave to all cats
Proud citizen of MACadamia

"No, my neighbors, never think
that path is a short one; you must
have a lion's heart to go by that way, it
is not short and its seas are deep,
you will walk it long in wonder, sometimes
smiling, sometimes weeping."

-Attar, "Parliament of the Birds"
dr_boots
Ranger of the North

Postby GreyWitch » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:32 am

Thanks, MeadowForest! :P

dr_boots wrote:I found this thread!

Had to weigh in on the great dwarf swoonfest.

By all means! The more dwarf swooners, the merrier. :D

dr_boots wrote:I have to give my first vote for Kili :thumbsup: . Love those smoldering dark Irish looks :love: . Not only that but Aiden Turner looks as good or better in real life. Adored him in BBC's Being Human (one of the best reason's to watch that series).

Ha! I was wondering why Kili looked familiar to me! I'd seen Aidan in a few episodes of Being Human while zapping through channels.

dr_boots wrote:Though I know it has nothing to do with the swoon-o-meter scale, sometimes Thorin's pride and anger gets in the way.

Actually it can interfere with the swoon factor. No matter how good-looking a character is, if they are jerks or plain stupid, that can seriously damage their sex appeal, at least to me. But Thorin is neither, thankfully. And his dark mood actually appealed to me. And speaking of Thorin in a dark mood, I absolutely have to share this little gem with you. I am also a Star Trek fan and a fellow Trekkie brought this photoshopped Klingonified Thorin to my attention. I think he looks AWESOME! 8)

dr_boots wrote:In a way Kili and Fili remind me of Pippin and Merry in LOTR.

I hadn't thought about Kili and Fili in that way, but now that you mention it, they do have something of Merry and Pippin, the dwarf edition. A very interesting observation! Thanks for bringing it up. :)
GreyWitch
Citizen of Imladris

Postby dr_boots » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:22 pm

Hi all

Just wanted to know if anyone here knew why PJ made the dwarfs in the Hobbit so much shorter in comparison to men and hobbits than Gimli was in LOTR???? In LOTR I seem to remember in the bonus features they were doing comparisons of the differing heights between the species. They had the dwarfs at about 4'9" and the hobbits at 3'6". Yet in The Hobbit, the dwarfs and hobbits seem all the same height though Dwalin, Thorin and Kili who in real life are several inches taller than Martin Freeman do appear somewhat taller.

Greywitch I agree that Thorin's anger can be attractive. That stare!!!! I just feel as Gandlaf must and want to give him a good slap now and then.....hmmmm ....no, better not go there :D . Did you notice how much Thorin and Kili resemble each other beards aside, both can do that stare. I figure Kili must have taken more after his mother, Thorin's sister Dis, than Fili did. Gosh darn it, there I go falling into the Tolkien trap. It's just having read The Hobbit, LOTR, The Sil' and Lost Tales (as well have seen the films so many times it's embarrassing) so often it seems like that whole world has a reality all its own.

Still good things come in small packages :wink: :wink: nudge, nudge.

A news release on IMDb says dvd set for April release. Don't know if this is the extended version with all the bells and whistles but I will get it regardless. Must have those dwarfs safe at home.

Someone earlier mentioned that they were glad the dwarfs did not appear as cartoonish or childish as they had in the book. I totally agree. Mainly because otherwise we here would not have so much wonderful opportunity to gaze upon all the glorious eye candy :thumbsup: . But PJ and his staff are very familiar with Tolkien's other works as well as the history of The Hobbit which may account for vision of the dwarfs in the film. In the first published version of the Hobbit the chapter Riddles in the Dark, Gollum was very non-threatening and fully intended to lead Bilbo out (no threats of eating whole or obsession with the Ring). Tolkien later went back and rewrote it to the much darker and menacing version that is familiar to us all. There was speculation that he intended to rewrite the whole book with a different tone. I would have loved to read it. Maybe the film version is closer to what it would have been if Tolkien had rewritten it.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it. :D

Take care all

Dr. B
Slave to all cats

dr_boots
Ranger of the North

Postby melianndoriath » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:14 pm

dr_boots wrote: I agree that Thorin's anger can be attractive. That stare!!!!
Still good things come in small packages :wink: :wink: nudge, nudge.
Dr. B

I think you are right on target with "the eye factor", dr_b The eyes are the window of the soul and Thorin and Kili have captured mine (along with Ara-baby). :love:
Thorin has a bit of aloofness about him that I find very attractive. Those strands of gray hair are alluring also, especially for this old gal. You can almost feel a hidden strength that radiates from him. (Meli stops to cool herself down)
Kili's eyes have the knee-melting effect on me. Peer into those and see if you can keep standing....... His" boyish charms" show that he would be lots of fun to be around. :happydance:
Yes, it's true. I find Dwarfs (at least Thorin and Kili) hot!!!!

Meli
melianndoriath
Ranger of the North

Postby dr_boots » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:08 am

Hey Meli

Glad to see you found your way over here. Guess my directions were sufficient. :thumbsup:

I am so anxious to get my dwarfs home and alone when the DVD comes out in April :clap: (though I already have them home and alone with the posters) I do hope they don't make Thorin such a greedy prideful character as was in the book. I think if they emphasize his affection for his nephews it will soften the effect. Kili and Fili don't need to worry though. They and Bombur were the only ones to disagree with Thorin's wanting to hoard all the gold. They also seemed immune to the Dragon Sickness

OH! Those Eyesessssss 8) . I have been having to make do with watching BBC's Being Human to at least get a Kili fix. Oh those nice lean muscles and hairy chest. AKKK! Going to have to go cool down. =:)

Meli, you aren't going to have those "issues" if one of our dwarfs should have a romantic interest are you????? Remember Aragorn and "she of whom we cannot speak :eye: " I still remember the LOTR exhibit in Indianapolis. We were all laughing so hard at your antics while watching ROTK its a wonder we didn't get thrown out :wink: . Oh well I guess you can't be a true lover of eye candy until you've been thrown out of somewhere at least once. All we need are some dwarfs to party with. They seem to have the most robust enjoyment and party spirit. If I was going to party, they are the ones I would choose to do it with. :thumbsup:

Single digit temperatures here, lake effect snow.....I need a dwarf to keep me warm. :D

Take care all of you fellow swooners out there

Dr. B
Slave to all cats

dr_boots
Ranger of the North

Postby melianndoriath » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:08 pm

Howdy dr_b !
Looks like this is the place that I need to be right now. Whodathunk it??? Guess it's really not so surprising, since I am quite smitten with dark haired men with a scruffy, well-seasoned look about them. The fur, leather and sword action add another layer of attraction but THOSE EYES.............................. :love:

Me have issues???? Ara-baby only has eyes for me, so that elvish girl isn't even in the picture anymore. I think she sailed over the edge of the world or something. Kili and Thorin are each a "man's man" and are too busy to be involved with anyone but me. So there are no issues here. :D

Going to have fun this weekend re-arranging "my men." Can't seem to find out just where they both need to be in my Middle earth room. It's nice to have two handsome hunks on my hands. :clap:

Meli
melianndoriath
Ranger of the North

Postby MeadowForest » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:50 am

dr_boots wrote:
There was speculation that he intended to rewrite the whole book with a different tone. I would have loved to read it. Maybe the film version is closer to what it would have been if Tolkien had rewritten it.

I read that he did rewrite it, showed it to C.S. Lewis or some other friend and they were like, 'It's great... but it's not The Hobbit'. Am very curious to see read that version! Does anyone know if that rewrite is floating around anywhere, book form or on the internet? Assuming he didn't throw it in the bin after...
MeadowForest
Shield Bearer

Postby dr_boots » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:43 am

Hi to all you dwarf swooners:

MeadowFrost, I too would dearly love to read Tolkien's rewrite if it exists. If it does, I think Tolkien's son would already have made it available as he did so many books that were published after Tolkien's death.

Heads up: I sent this to Meli and Vana by email but thought others at this thread might enjoy it too. It's a very short youtube (about half a minute) about a certain hot sexy dwarf. But the best part is the last little bit between Kili and Bombur which looks like they are relaxing in one of the trailers before filming.

Kili's (Turner) expression just as the shot ends is priceless. I about fell off my chair I was laughing so hard. I've watched it several times (for other obvious reasons) but it still cracks me up :rofl: enjoy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqsBlA9Y9Vw

Dr. B
Slave to all cats

dr_boots
Ranger of the North

Postby melianndoriath » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:11 pm

MeadowForest wrote: I too would dearly love to read Tolkien's rewrite if it exists. If it does, I think Tolkien's son would already have made it available as he did so many books that were published after Tolkien's death.
My thoughts exactly, dr_b, though it would've been very nice to have seen how the other version would've played out. I am sure it was a wonderful story.
I could swear to it that my Thorin standee has been watching me! There are times when it appears that he has just stopped moving or that he just took a breath. Ara-baby used to do that but old age has slowed him down a bit.
Can't wait to get my life-sized Kili. :happydance: Trying to find a great spot for him where I can get full admiration viewing pleasure. :shock:

Meli
melianndoriath
Ranger of the North

Postby Nessa » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:35 am

That's nice to see other fans of dwarves! I loved Thorin, he's really hot. I like his bad temper, too :o

*spoilers ahead for people who did not read the book*

But I am a bit worried, I have read an interview where R. Armitage says "please don't like Thorin too much, because he will he be very unsympathetic in the movies to come" (or something like this). Like if Thorin was going to be despicable.
He is also talking about the dragon sickness, about Thorin who will be a bit like Thror at the beginning of the movie.

But that's nonsense, as Thorin was never "crazy" about gold in the book (arrogant, selfish, yes, but not crazy like having the dragon sickness), and by the way Thror and Thrain became mad because of the Ring, and Thorin did not have the ring so he was never crazy.

I also know that Thorin at the end of the book is very stubborn, very selfish, but I hope they will make these scenes with subtility in the movie. Because I perfectly understand why Thorin acts like this (Bard is threatening him, the elves who emprisonned them are here too, everyone want the gold of Erebor, he wants to protect the legacy of his people). Peter Jackson started with that "we want our homeland" motivation (instead of just the gold in the book), so I hope that Thorin won't suddenly only think about gold when he arrives at Erebor, that would be stupid...
Nessa

Postby GreyWitch » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:39 am

Nessa wrote:But I am a bit worried, I have read an interview where R. Armitage says "please don't like Thorin too much, because he will he be very unsympathetic in the movies to come" (or something like this). Like if Thorin was going to be despicable.
He is also talking about the dragon sickness, about Thorin who will be a bit like Thror at the beginning of the movie.

Well, Richard should have said something before the movie came out. Now it's impossible to not like Thorin too much. It would have been even if he had. I personally love Thorin, and that's entirely PJ's and RA's fault.

PJ and his team of writers are "at fault" because they worked hard and managed to give Thorin a relatable background, to make us understand why he's the way and he is and, furthermore, sympathize with him. After seeing the initial bit about the fall of Erebor and then Balin's account of how Thorin had become Thorin Oakenshield, also taking into account the obvious reverence the other Dwarves show him, I am quite sympathetic with his burden and I can't say I completely denounce his dark mood. Understanding his motives and seeing him more as a disinherited King trying to take back his homeland and less as a gold-hungry Dwarf makes him a lot harder to dislike.

Then, there's RA's heartfelt performance, which I found completely engaging and which made me love Thorin, not just like him. The character has so much more depth on screen than he had in the book. His nobility shines through every gesture and word, he looks and carries himself like a hero and a king. He's someone I can definitely root for, even with the flaws he does have. That's why I'm sure I'll have a hard time watching him die in the last movie. I actually finished the book last night and reading about it made me quite sad. Tolkien does mention briefly that Thorin's actions are influenced by the "dragon sickness", by the fact that he had been around the treasure too long and especially a treasure upon which a dragon had sat for so long. So there is that aspect of the same gold-rush that had afflicted Thror, but it seems to come second in Thorin to his chief wish - that of retaking his people's home and possessions. So I am confident that the movie will continue in that direction.
GreyWitch
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Melwa » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:43 pm

I'm not much of a swooner, in general. I have to learn to love the guy as a person before I start to notice he's handsome. I've had acting lessons, so in my family, we tend to rather dislike the characters played by bad/mediocre actors. Plus, as a purist in most cases, I tend to disapprove if they messed with the characters.

With all that said, I gotta say that THORIN IS AWESOME! :blush: I'd seen him in Robin Hood, and he was the strongest actor. I love his intensity and depth. He really makes the character of Thorin come alive. He has separate characters for the different people he acts, too. Here he is being himself. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/27/Armitage_New_York_December_2012.jpg Here he is being Guy of Gisbourne. http://meandrichard.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/guy3-richard-armitage-604112_1024_768.jpg And here, he is Thorin Oakenshield. http://latimesherocomplex.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/564135_10151248462946558_1487531886_n.jpg?w=600

Sorry if you like this one, but he just looks Klingon to me. :lol: http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110805043329/lotr/images/3/3f/ThorinBIG.jpg

Also, why should Elves, Men, and Hobbits get all the swooning attention when there's a whole 'nother race?

You wanna see something disconcerting? Go to [url]thehobbit.com[/url] The background rotates though the character posters that came out a few months ago, except this is a real close up of the eyes.
Melwa
Ranger of the North

Postby siddharth » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:46 am

So Mel!!! You come from an acting family?!!!! That's just Awesome!!!

Well, I don't belong to this thread, as I am a boy and do not swoon even for the other gender that easily! :D But I must agree, Thorin is cool! I really loved the portrayal. Actually, when I read TH I had imagined a look more like him. So I am happy with RA. And yes,I have seen Robin Hood and RA was the foremost reason I watched! His performances were really great!!!

I like Thorin but I like Bofur even more. Okay not of the "swooning" type for you ladies, I guess, but ... I was just turned to stone by his acto! A character I mostly ignored in the book, comes out to be my best!! That's why we loves ya PJ!!!

Melwa wrote:Also, why should Elves, Men, and Hobbits get all the swooning attention when there's a whole 'nother race?

:roll: Well, orcs are there too you know! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
siddharth
Ranger of the North

Postby Melwa » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:40 am

Siddharth wrote: So Mel!!! You come from an acting family?!!!! That's just Awesome!!!

Well, I don't belong to this thread, as I am a boy and do not swoon even for the other gender that easily! :D But I must agree, Thorin is cool! I really loved the portrayal. Actually, when I read TH I had imagined a look more like him. So I am happy with RA. And yes,I have seen Robin Hood and RA was the foremost reason I watched! His performances were really great!!!

I like Thorin but I like Bofur even more. Okay not of the "swooning" type for you ladies, I guess, but ... I was just turned to stone by his acto! A character I mostly ignored in the book, comes out to be my best!! That's why we loves ya PJ!!!
Melwa wrote:Also, why should Elves, Men, and Hobbits get all the swooning attention when there's a whole 'nother race?

:roll: Well, orcs are there too you know! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:evilaugh: :D But orcs are a mutation, not a creation. However, there are Ents and Maiar! :D

Yup, all critical acting experts over here. :P (Is it just me, or are we following each other around the boards?)

I knew RA would be great as soon as I saw he was going to be Thorin. I really enjoyed Will in RH, too. :happydance:

Bofur is barely mentioned in the books, so it is nice to get a mental picture of him, must agree. And some of the diehard swooners are coming pretty close to falling for him! :roll:
Melwa
Ranger of the North

Postby siddharth » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:42 am

Melwa wrote: :evilaugh: :D But orcs are a mutation, not a creation. However, there are Ents and Maiar! :D

Well, you didn't say "creation". You said "race". :D And I can imagine swooning for ents! :roflmbo:

Yup, all critical acting experts over here. :P (Is it just me, or are we following each other around the boards?)

I AM following you. I have been tracking a spy for six months now and I think I have finally got her! :wink:

I knew RA would be great as soon as I saw he was going to be Thorin. I really enjoyed Will in RH, too. :happydance:

I wasn't too sure of that. RA was slim and well, "heighty" in Robin Hood. So I wondered how will PJ make him more stout and dwarf-like structure. He appeared to me more befitting Bard (He'd be awesome there too I think). :D
siddharth
Ranger of the North

Postby GreyWitch » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:20 am

Melwa wrote:I'm not much of a swooner, in general. I have to learn to love the guy as a person before I start to notice he's handsome. I've had acting lessons, so in my family, we tend to rather dislike the characters played by bad/mediocre actors. Plus, as a purist in most cases, I tend to disapprove if they messed with the characters.

With all that said, I gotta say that THORIN IS AWESOME!

Phew! Here I was preparing for you to say you hated Thorin and RA sucked! :P I completely share your final assessment, but your introduction made me expect a bad rap. Well, I'm glad it isn't. I know nothing about acting, but I'm sort of the same way. I mean, I will notice if an actor/character is handsome, but if the acting proves to be bad or the character is an annoying idiot, they'll lose their charm to me and I won't even see them as handsome anymore. So definitely, what's inside a person comes first.

Thankfully, there seems to be a lot more to Richard than a pleasing exterior. I shamefully admit I had not seen him in anything prior to Hobbit, shamefully because his performance in this movie proved he's a fine actor whose work I should know about. I intend to remedy that situation in the near future. :D I've looked at a few YouTube videos of him as Guy of Gisborne and I was quite impressed. I also noticed that the Thorin stare is actually the Richard stare. Guy seems to have that deadly look, and I also saw this picture of him from "Spooks" with the same kind of intense gaze (plus some really wicked tattoos - saved to my photobucket, here :wink: ). So yeah, he's pretty awesome. In fact, I could say that Thorin is one my favorite movie characters ever, in anything.

Sid, about how they made him look more dwarvish, apparently the actors who played dwarves had to wear padded costumes in order to make them appear more stout. According to RA, these were quite uncomfortable and very hot. So he was actually hot while looking hot. :P If that makes any sense.

I actually saw this interview with RA, Martin Freeman and Andy Serkis where a New Zealand talk-show host was asking them questions about their characters. When she got to RA, she told him something to the effect of, "well, you're the hot dwarf, and everything", and he went, "yeah, we were hot with all the padding," and I think Martin said to him, "not that kind of hot". :rofl: I would post a link to the video but I don't have access to YouTube right now.

Oh, and yeah, I totally think Thorin looks Klingon (here he is AS a Klingon ). :lol: But I kinda like that. I can't help wishing that, if they ever make a new Star Trek series, they get him as a regular Klingon on the show. That would be the epitomy of awesomeness!
GreyWitch
Citizen of Imladris

Postby dr_boots » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:59 pm

Hi,

Been a bit since I was over here. Thought I would throw my two cents in.

I agree Thorin is a hottie both in and out of costume. But for swoonability I have to go with Kili, especially out of costume. That cheeky smile that just lights up a room, those beautiful dark tilted eyes and brows. I am hoping that PJ will have more for Kili to do in the next two films (besides die in one :( )
as it seems he is the one to approach Mr. Turner about being in The Hobbit. I have seen both Mr. Armitage and Mr. Tuner sans shirts and Mr. Turner wins hands down for me as I like a just the right amount of chest hair. Maybe PJ will have them both shirtless in The Hobbit. I mean, won't they need to dry off after the barrels??? If he does, ladies they will be moppping us up off theater floors because we will all have melted into puddles.

Well I need to get back to work so I had better fan myself down a bit. :nono: :wink: :wink: nudge, nudge

Dr. B
Slave to all cats

dr_boots
Ranger of the North

Next

Return to Movies - Lord of the Rings (Fandom)