LOTR Tattoos (and ideas)

Fans of the movies? Love those actors; How about the characters? Come here to discuss all forms of fandom surrounding Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings.

LOTR Tattoos (and ideas)

Postby orcslayr23 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:02 am

Anyone have any LOTR tattoos?

I really want one, but not something cliche like just the ring inscription or something. The LOTR films were a revelation to me and have impacted me in a way that I can't even describe, but I know i'd be a completely different person if I never watched them. In my opinion they are in their own category and I doubt any movie will ever come close to affecting me in a similar way. I wonder if anyone could help me come up with an idea; I really want something unique that can convey what the films mean to me. I know i'm being vague, but I think for me to come up with something i'll have to watch the movies again (how terrible :D ) and figure out why they mean so much to me. Perhaps then i'll be able to come up with something. It may not be something that anyone can 'help' me come up with, but I figured i'd as.

So yeah, if you have any LOTR tats, please share!
orcslayr23
Citizen of Imladris

Re: LOTR Tattoos (and ideas)

Postby BagginsGirl » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:08 am

I'm sorry to say I don't have a LOTR tattoo but I do want one myself. I've seen people with maps of Middle Earth on their backs, Smaug on their shoulder blade, and as I'm sure you know all the Fellowship has the elvish word for Nine tattooed on them. I actually want to get the quote, "Not all who wander, are lost" tattooed on my lower back. Because that quote, for a reason I'll never know, very much affected me. I would probably go with quotes in elvish writing if I was you, but that is entirely my own opinion and just a personal preference. If your a guy any of the swords would look cool tattooed on your arm, but again that's just my opinion . Well, I hope I was a help in someway! Good luck :)
BagginsGirl
Rider of the Mark

Postby siddharth » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:36 am

If you want worded tats, I'd suggest Elvish ones are the best (and the most popular as well). It does not has to be an Elvish sentence specifically. You could have an English sentence tattoed into Elvish script. The Tengwar transcription thread is specifically for people looking for tats. Here: viewforum.php?f=8
You can take a look in there, I think you may find what you're looking for. There are loads and loads of LOTR tat-requests.

As for symbolic tats. I dunno. A Smaug tatto sounds cool.
How about this pic? http://www.badhaven.com/wp-content/uplo ... poster.jpg

You can have the shapes of the company (Gandalf and Bilbo distinctly observable) as a tattoo. Similarly, it may work for the Fellowship as well.

Oh btw, I'm not into tattoos really. Just don't interest me. But I do help at the thread I gave above from time to time. :D
siddharth
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:09 pm

I have JRRT's initials on the back of my right shoulder in a celtic oval, does that count?
Image Spring come quickly!!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Arlaug » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:10 am

for me it does. If I had the will and money to do another tattoo I'd love to do two trees of Valinor or at least Tolkien's sig.
edit: but take a look at these http://www.pinterest.com/tolkienbritta/tolkien-tattoos/ and http://flavorwire.com/356303/20-amazing ... tattoos/5/
and, just because I can never get tired of this majestic man http://flavorwire.com/381885/famous-peo ... attoos/10/
Arlaug
Shield Bearer

Return to Movies - Lord of the Rings (Fandom)