Songs that fit LOTR/The Hobbit

Fans of the movies? Love those actors; How about the characters? Come here to discuss all forms of fandom surrounding Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings.

Songs that fit LOTR/The Hobbit

Postby 1st Born Sun » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:46 pm

We all know Into the West, Song of the Lonely Mountain, I See Fire, etc. But what I want to know is what are the best LOTR/The Hobbit songs that weren't necessarily composed for the films? These can be songs written by fans that are purposely written with Middle Earth in mind or they can be songs from more prominent artists that have sound/lyrics applicable to the LOTR universe.

Please, hit me with songs that remind you of LOTR/The Hobbit and explain why! :)

Lately I've found Damian Marley's 'There For You' to be strikingly relatable to Tolkien's work. It may seem like a strange choice sonically (Rasta Radagast would undoubtably strike fear in the hearts of Tolkeinites) but the lyrics are on point and strikingly mirror themes in both LOTR and The Hobbit. Sure, its not perfect but hear it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqWI0v_QS7o

"Now and forever more
Forever more, forever more..."

If you think of it this way it can be heard as "Now one for Erebor... for Erebor, for Erebor..." 8)

"Bless your eyes and may your days be long
May you rise on the morning when its kingdom come
Good deeds aren't remembered in the hearts of men"

"Vexation of spirit is a waste of time
Negative thinking, don't you waste your thoughts
Verbal conflict is a waste of word
Physical conflict is a waste of flesh
People will always be who they want
And that's what really makes the world go round
Unconditional love is scarce"

"You see, you've always had faith in me
And so i'll have faith in you...You...
You've always been there for me
And so i'll be there for you...You..."

Can be related to both the Fellowship and the dwarves.

Forgive me if this thread has been made, or if this thread belongs somewhere else. I joined to make this thread because I want more LOTR songs and I figured this was the best play to do it Image
1st Born Sun
Petitioner to the Council

Re: Songs that fit LOTR/The Hobbit

Postby Arlaug » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:07 pm

First that comes to my mind is Sleepwalker by Nightwish, merely because I 've always thought of Aragorn and Arwen during their times reflected in TTT
Arlaug
Shield Bearer

Return to Movies - Lord of the Rings (Fandom)