Hobbituk's Homely House (v 3.0)

Need a hand learning the ropes? Come here and find an experienced poster to adopt you! Visit the First Stop thread for a list of all those currently involved in the mentoring process and their interests and areas.

Postby GreyHavensWarden » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:40 am

Hobbi - Ta for prodding Inzilbeth :)

Don - You were indeed talking to me :P:P You should come to our mini-moot, I'm sure you could get a cheap flight over :P

Hi Inzilbeth... do you have a preferred abbreviation for your name? Inzilbeth's a bit of a mouthful. What do you get up to in Edinburgh then? In case you haven't picked it up I'm a professional student :P and do lots of singing, as well as working part-time for Edinburgh University...

GHW
GreyHavensWarden
Rider of the Mark

Postby Donernilwen » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:18 am

I'd really love to go for a visit. A Disneyland trip is first in line though so I think it may be a while.:P

I actually was considering going on a study abroad this spring to Australia, New Zealand, and Fiji. Recently I found out it wouldn't quite fill the academic requirements I was hoping it would, so I'll be holding out for another one within my program. :) If I could justify the debt, I'd still go for it though. ;)

:hihi: to Inzilbeth!

Well, no classes today so I have time to catch up on some homework. I recently moved and my room is really a HUGE mess, mainly because I have little to no furniture to put any of my stuff in, which I'm slowly trying to change. Tomorrow I'll be picking up a nice wood Vanity before work.

My mom just took my dad into the hospital for a surgery this morning. It shouldn't be too big of a deal, but surgery is kinda scary no matter what. :(
Donernilwen
Ranger of the North

Postby GreyHavensWarden » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:50 am

Don - Am thinking about you and your Dad. Hope all goes well!
GreyHavensWarden
Rider of the Mark

Postby Inzilbeth » Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:25 am

Visiting Hobbi usually consists of get of train go to pub.....drink. then back to his and...drink, then just veg about alot then....drink :P
Everyone calls me Inzi :)
Inzilbeth
Shield Bearer

Postby GreyHavensWarden » Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:36 am

Inzi it is then!!

And that sounds like exactly the sort of evening that I enjoy... :D:D

GHW
GreyHavensWarden
Rider of the Mark

Postby Hobbituk » Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:34 pm

Inzi, you forgot the bit where we drink.
Hobbituk
Ringbearer

Postby Donernilwen » Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:30 am

Thanks Warden. :) Things have been going well so far. Hopefully he'll be able to come home tomorrow evening.

And could someone tell me what you guys do at your moots again? I'm a bit fuzzy on the details. :P
Donernilwen
Ranger of the North

Postby Hobbituk » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:40 am

So are we afterwards :D
Hobbituk
Ringbearer

Postby Donernilwen » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:30 am

*run through thread throwing water balloons*
Donernilwen
Ranger of the North

Postby GreyHavensWarden » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:25 am

*drips*
GreyHavensWarden
Rider of the Mark

Postby Donernilwen » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:57 pm

um....ew.

:P

*goes back to throwing*
Donernilwen
Ranger of the North

Postby GreyHavensWarden » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:37 am

Just a post for Hobbi and Inzilbeth...

i know it's a little weird since you've never met me, but you should come and see me singing a lead tenor role in the KING'S THEATRE next week if you're free...

It's the part of the Duke in "Patience" by Gilbert & Sullivan, and it's on Tuesday and Thursday at 7.30, and Saturday at 2.30. Tickets are £12/15/16 for Upper Circle/Stalls/Grand Cirlce and it is generally going to be awesome...

Don't worry I'll not be insulted if you can't make it. Once the show is over I have 6 weeks or so of relative freedom, with just a bit of revision to do so we should def meet up.

Hope all's well...

The Warden
GreyHavensWarden
Rider of the Mark

Postby Azshaliana » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:06 pm

Hi, my name's Azshaliana and this is me jumping in and saying hi. :o I'm new and a already love TORC but i suppose it would be very kind and helpful to have someone adopt me and show me the ropes and the "do's and don'ts"..

:happydance:

~Shali
Azshaliana
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Hobbituk » Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:47 pm

Warden - sorry only just saw your post! Wouldn't have been able to make the show anyway, but thanks for the invite :)

Shali - HELLO :) and Welcome to TORC :) Do's and Don'ts? Hmmm...

DO... Have fun

DON'T...er...NOT have fun

If you've any questions...shoot. In the meantime why not tell us where you're from (generally and provided you're over 18 ) and hobbies.etc ..
Hobbituk
Ringbearer

Postby Azshaliana » Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:12 pm

Well, let's see, yes i'm over 18, i'm 22 yrs of age. I'm from the US.

My interests....
life and all the beautiful chaos it has, playing videogames, dancing to the music in my head, photography,reading, drawing, living out of reality when possible, people, places, coffee, tea, deep convos about anything and everything, love, Swimming at night looking at the stars in my birthday suit, being mischievous... ;)

Hobbies....
~ l love water skiing, wakeboarding, slolaming, swimming!!!, barefooting(not too good at it). Basically anything having to do with H2O. Snowboarding is wicked, need work on it...
~Painting and drawing
~Playing the piano....wish i could play the cello tho..

~i love rock climbing, outdoorsy type stuff. I love traveling, if i could i would do it all the time and leave everthing behind.
~Love taking photos...being able to capture a moment, a feeling and share that with whoever looks at it. ;)
~i love reading horror and thrillers, fantasy, non-fiction, history, sci-fi, texts, psychology, and the ones with pictures.
~I love animals, especially reptiles, bats, black panthers, horses, tarantulas, oceanic animals, scorpians, okay yeah the list goes on, i love'm all.
~Um....I am pretty care free and laid back.

.... so yeah.. that's a basic sum up of me
Azshaliana
Citizen of Imladris

Narsil comes in out of the cold.....

Postby narsil » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:55 am

I have spent quite a few years out of things regarding TORC, returning only to lurk here and there. Now I am back after my long journey...

Narsil has missed the place...and hasn't it changed! Almost as much as me.

Time to kick off the old, grimy boots and slip on a pair of comfortable slippers.... that is, if you will have me......
narsil
Shield Bearer

Postby Hobbituk » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:18 pm

narsil, good to see you!

You won't believe this but by a weird coincidence, I thought of you earlier today as I was looking through some old thread about the Liverpool moot!

That seems so long ago now. Probably because it was.

How've you been?
Hobbituk
Ringbearer

well, I'm back.......

Postby narsil » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:41 am

Hobbituk- so you have your own adoption thread? Good for you!!! Seems like the place to stop by and rest my weary bones.

Logging in the other day was amazing- I didn't think that the old password would still be active after almost 5 years of being away, but crikey! I was amazed that I remembered it, but I was in the fridge making a sandwich and it all came back (the password, not the sandwich as that was rather tasty...).

Oddly enough I was having a look at the old moot site and looking at the people we once knew who have not been around (like myself)- what has happened to Satch, Tookish, Arvedui, Ethel, Nienna 99 (how I miss her very much, she was brilliant!) and the others?????

How have I been? Well, it has been a pretty mixed bag actually for the lt few years. Had a bit of a nervous breakdown and suffered alot from depression and anxiety, but have come out alot stronger.

How have you been? Tell all that has been going on in the world of TORC!!! Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Narsil- the blade that cut the cheese at the captains table.......
narsil
Shield Bearer

Postby Hobbituk » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:15 pm

Well, we've just been sat twiddling our thumbs waiting for you to come back really.

:D

Arvedui and Nienna99 are no longer around unfortunately, as far as I know. Satch pops up from time to time, although I haven't seen her in real life for a couple of years now. Ethel posts occasionally I think, but she started her own messageboard (www.The-outer-banks.org) where she can be found still I think. Tookish is still around and the same as ever :)

Many of the folks who posted back then have faded away, but a lot of us are still here... and I suppose the new folks are ok ;)

TORC itself has been quieter since the movies came out, but with the production of The Hobbit ramping up that may change shortly. Although, as you can see, they only went and made me a Moderator :shock:

I'm about to start organising this year's Oxford moot, which you're more than welcome to come along to if you're brave enough to face another one (they're a bit tamer than the old days though ;) )

Sounds like things have been tough for you, but I'm glad to hear they're looking up.
Hobbituk
Ringbearer

Poor poor poor man.....

Postby narsil » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:13 am

Oh anything but a Mod (although I can now say that I am aquainted with a TORC Mod...to whom is another matter; maybe to myself...) I will have to be especially sly in getting things past you......

Shame about Arv and Nienna. Would be good to hear from Satchy, although I can't really complain after being away for as long as I have. I know that Nienna grew tired of a lot of politics back then and had a few personal issues, but Arv just seemed to disappear all at once. I think that the Liverpool moot killed him! It nearly did for me I can tell you.

don't think I could handle another MOOT! All of those photos, and I am now alot greyer and 2 stone heavier than before...grim image isn't it????

Tookish is still around? Excellent! Say Hi for me!

The link to Ethels site is broken, so I can only assume that she has departed, ransacked the fridge and left the door open when she went.

To all of you who are new to TORC- great site! Welcome and well met! And you could not have picked a better person to adopt you!

Speak soon.

Narsil- the blade who acted more convincingly than Sean Bean......
narsil
Shield Bearer

Postby Jaeniver » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:11 am

I am just bumping this fabulous adoption house.

will be wandering around a little bit :)

Any active adoptees Hobby who are in need of assistance?
Jaeniver
Not all those who wander are lost

Previous

Return to Adoptions