Hobbituk's Homely House (v 3.0)

Need a hand learning the ropes? Come here and find an experienced poster to adopt you! Visit the First Stop thread for a list of all those currently involved in the mentoring process and their interests and areas.

Postby Hobbituk » Wed May 14, 2008 11:55 am

Hi.

Yeah, most threads are open to anyone who wants to join in. The only place it gets slightly more complicated is in the RP forums but that's a whole different kettle of fish.

Any discussion threads feel free to just jump in feet first and start contributing :)
Hobbituk
Ringbearer

Postby fuzzyfeet » Wed May 14, 2008 5:03 pm

Thanks!
fuzzyfeet
Citizen of Imladris

Postby telcontarian » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:54 am

Hobbi!! :D

4 years on TORC and I just found out about all these cool adoption threads. :P I wish I had known about these when I was just a n00b! You could have shown me the ropes, and I would have been a right little tearaway. :twisted:

Hope you're having fun taking care of all your children. :P Don't let them stay up too late! :nono:

Anyway, since I'm too big a baby to be adopted, I wanted to drop by and let you know that JewelSong's planning a mini-m00t in Glasgow this Friday (27 June) in case you have any free time. See you in Oxford at any rate!
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby samhobbit » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:13 pm

I feel like I'm really late. Are you still adopting folks?
I joined a while ago and got lost in here, but I've plucked up the courage to actually post and found these adoption threads.
I hope I'm not too late.

Sammy
samhobbit
Petitioner to the Council

Postby Hobbituk » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:14 am

Hi Sam! Sorry I've taken so long to reply...that's quite bad of me.

Yep, Im still adopting folks who need it. Nothing to be scared of here, we're all a pretty friendly bunch :D
Hobbituk
Ringbearer

Postby samhobbit » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:02 pm

So how does a little hobbit find her way around?
I love to read and like online games. I like roleplaying, but I'm afraid I'd be too slow to keep up (my muse, anyway) :roll: .
Mostly, though I like to be an encouragement whenever and wherever I can, :)
Thanks for your help.

Sammy
samhobbit
Petitioner to the Council

Postby Hobbituk » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:35 am

Well, there's a lot of stuff here that should be right up your street. The books forum has some really good discussions for example. Just head in and feel free to jump into any conversations. No need to stand on ceremony there.

For RP, don't worry about being slow as quite a few of the RPs are slow moving stuff and it's easy to keep up. Usually the best way to join is to have a look for an OOC (Out-of-character) thread that has only just begun and that you like the look of, and post in there to ask if you can join.

A good way to get in the swing of things is to find "The Lucky Fortune Inn" in the Welcome forum and join in there. It's essentially just a pub where you can get to grips with your character.
Hobbituk
Ringbearer

Postby GreyHavensWarden » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:15 am

Hobbi!

Guess what - I'm back! Clearly...

I know I have attempted to be back on many occasions but hey I think this time I might actually be back.

How are things? I have forgotten how this works... I almost had a heart attack when I couldn't find this website - I was looking on theonering.net which seems to be completely different! Thank goodness I looked in my hotmail inbox and was able to find the right place...

I think you'll have to adopt me all over again... although I am so pleased to see that I am very near the top of your LONG list!

Hope all is well,

The Warden
GreyHavensWarden
Rider of the Mark

Postby GreyHavensWarden » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:32 am

And I have just realised that the last post here was in July... Oh my! :|
GreyHavensWarden
Rider of the Mark

Postby Hobbituk » Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:49 am

Hey Warden, hows things? Yes, this place has been a bit quiet lately... but I'm still here!
Hobbituk
Ringbearer

Postby GreyHavensWarden » Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:57 am

This pleases me...

I notice from various posts that you are (or at least were) in Edinburgh? What's the story there? I'm very much still there and still studying away, becoming more and more knowledgeable about all things religious...

And still singing/performing of course, though not as often as usual... am playing a lead role in the Kings' Theatre this March though, which has be thoroughly excited!

And how is Dad?

W
GreyHavensWarden
Rider of the Mark

Postby Hobbituk » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:26 pm

Yeah, I moved up here about 18 months ago with work :)

Always forget your up here too! If you want to go for a pint at some point, I'm always up for that.

In fact, just joined a band and got our first gig this thursday at The Ark if you fancy it.
Hobbituk
Ringbearer

Postby RoseMorninStar » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:04 am

I hope I can meet some of you in Scotland when I am there in April. I'll be chaperoning a High School Orchestra.. so it's not like I'll have a ton of free time to just wander & meet up with people.. still.. it would be nice..
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby GreyHavensWarden » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:09 am

Just before I dash off for the morning...

Hobbi - Awesome. What is it you do work-wise again? And what's the band? I may be up for it as for some bizarre reason I am free on Thursday night, but I would need to find someone to tag along... if not we'll def do a pint sometime that would be awesome. Anywhere you particularly frequent?

Rose - Is Rose the proper way to address you? Where is the orchestra touring to? Are you a teacher then?

Must go, joyful music awaits...

The Warden
GreyHavensWarden
Rider of the Mark

Postby RoseMorninStar » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:18 am

I am chaperoning as the parent of my daughter, a violinist. And Rose is fine.. or Dawn.

It will be a 10 day trip leaving from O'Hare airport in Chicago, Illinois USA to Manchester England.. to Liverpool.. to Edinburgh.. to Inverness.. to Glasgow.. and then back to Manchester/ Chicago, with lots of touring/sightseeing in between. I believe the students will be performing 3 concerts. One in Liverpool, one in Edinburgh and one in Glasgow.

I like music very much too.
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby Donernilwen » Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:18 pm

Hi there. :) Its been a while, but I got a happy suprise email from Warden telling me he'd posted here and that I should too, which I agree with obviously. :P I've missed it here. :hug:
Donernilwen
Ranger of the North

Postby GreyHavensWarden » Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:58 am

Rose - That sounds like quite an epic and fun trip! Do keep us posted. Even if we don't have time to meet I'm sure we might be interested in the concert!

Don - Hey you! Glad to see you back on here! I thought since I suddenly had the inspiration I should pass some of it on to you... I wasn't expecting you though since you didn't reply to my email :nono: hehe :P (hint hint...)

There's the phone ringing again so I'd better go...

The Warden :(
GreyHavensWarden
Rider of the Mark

Postby Hobbituk » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:54 pm

Hey Don, Hey Rose :)

Hobbi - Awesome. What is it you do work-wise again? And what's the band? I may be up for it as for some bizarre reason I am free on Thursday night, but I would need to find someone to tag along... if not we'll def do a pint sometime that would be awesome. Anywhere you particularly frequent?

I work, at least for now given the current state of banks, for HBOS.

The band is a folky rocky sort of outfit with the ....interesting...name "14th Goat From The Left"
Hobbituk
Ringbearer

Postby RoseMorninStar » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:52 pm

Hobbituk wrote:"14th Goat From The Left"

:rofl:
Last edited by RoseMorninStar on Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby GreyHavensWarden » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:03 am

Hobbi - Ah awesome, do you work on Lothian Road? My friend Gordon is a manager there I think... Fingers crossed for job security though :)

That really is an interesting name man, I shall have to look out for ya! Much space for drum solos in folk rock? :P Do you live centrally?
GreyHavensWarden
Rider of the Mark

Postby Hobbituk » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:09 pm

I work outside the city centre actually...and live halfway between the two, in Gorgie.

Not much room for drum solos no, but still fun :)
Hobbituk
Ringbearer

Postby GreyHavensWarden » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:23 am

Been out to Gorgie once for a costume fitting lol :rofl:

Best of luck for the gig tonight, I'm sure you'll rock - though I've never heard you play, you've been playing long enough now that you msut be in some way good :)
GreyHavensWarden
Rider of the Mark

Postby Donernilwen » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:21 pm

How was the show Hobbi?
You wouldn't happen to know of Amrunelen, would you? She's in Scotland for study abroad right now. :)

I started back at school this semester, though I transfered. Today is one of those overwelming days when I just want to sleep to avoid thinking of all the work I have to get through soon. :(
Work is going alright though. No big changes or stress on that front. :)

Hope you all are doing well!

-Don
Donernilwen
Ranger of the North

Postby Hobbituk » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:31 am

The gig went really well, especially to say it was our first as a band.

I know Rune moved to Scotland... there's a thread in Talk all about it :)
Hobbituk
Ringbearer

Postby Donernilwen » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:21 pm

:D Glad to hear it! Did Warden make it or is he being a bad son? :nono:

How many people are in the band? Do you have any music online I could have a sneak peek at? :D
Donernilwen
Ranger of the North

Postby GreyHavensWarden » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:32 am

Warden was a bad son...

Thursday nights are one of the only nights I get to get on with work, and also I couldn't find anyone to go with and was a little :shock: about going on my own...

Hobbi - We will meet up soon though deffo - maybe a friday/saturday in the next few weeks grab a pint?

Don - You transferred? I think I may have missed this so you must tell me more! Sorry I have been a bit rubbish keeping in touch lately. I'm glad that things are going fine though, it is always good to know!!

The Warden
GreyHavensWarden
Rider of the Mark

Postby Hobbituk » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:42 pm

Don't worry about it Warden :D E-mail me and we'll arrange that pint. Inzilbeth is often over here too so we can have an Adoptees mini-moot!

Don, there's six of us in the band. Hopefully will get some tracks up soon :)
Hobbituk
Ringbearer

Postby GreyHavensWarden » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:24 am

Hehe adoptees mini-moot... love it!

I just sent you an email to what was your email address a few years ago to see if I still had it right... let me know if you get it!

I've never met Inzilbeth... you should prod her to pop in here :)

GHW
GreyHavensWarden
Rider of the Mark

Postby Donernilwen » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:55 am

Aw adoptees moot? You must bring a cam or take some pictures for me then. It sounds so fun. :)

Yeah, I transfered schools....but I'm talking to you on msn now about it so...:D
Donernilwen
Ranger of the North

Postby Inzilbeth » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:19 pm

Hey Warden ive just had a prod from Hobbi to come and say hello so..........Hello :yippie:
We will definatley have to all meet up cant believe we have another torcer in Scotland they just keep appearing :happydance:
Inzilbeth
Shield Bearer

PreviousNext

Return to Adoptions