Hobbituk's Homely House (v 3.0)

Need a hand learning the ropes? Come here and find an experienced poster to adopt you! Visit the First Stop thread for a list of all those currently involved in the mentoring process and their interests and areas.

Postby Maglor_Inglorin » Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:17 pm

I'm looking for Isilwen.
And a tore of the place
Maglor_Inglorin
Shield Bearer

Postby Isilwen_Inglorin » Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:53 pm

Here I am my brother!
Isilwen_Inglorin
Shield Bearer

Postby Hobbituk » Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:41 am

Hello Maglor, Isilwen :)

Nice to meet you! Welcome to Hobbi's Homely House. I'm a Mod here on TORC, but here my capacity is as an adopter which means it's my job to help newer people like yourselves to settle in and feel welcome.

If you've any questions at all about the place then please feel free to ask away.

Otherwise, why not tell us a little about yourselves? :)
Hobbituk
Ringbearer

Postby Donernilwen » Sun Jul 31, 2005 3:16 pm

just see me as your big bro from now on then !!

Will do! :)

Sorry for the delayed responce though. I'm just having a really rough time right now and it won't be letting up anytime soon.
I hope to get to know you better though.

-Don
Donernilwen
Ranger of the North

Postby GreyHavensWarden » Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:38 am

Hey Hey

Just the warden checking in. It's been months I think since I last posted.p.. and on my current form it will probably be months again. Haven't bothered getting a phone line in our new flat yet and therefore... no internet... doh!

Life is about to get pretty hectic here (in Edinburgh) with the Fringe starting soon. Also got a new job in a cafe-bar so every day for the next 2 weeks I'm either working, rehearsing or performing! No rest for the wicked (I've done nothing but rest since May LOL!)

Hope everryone is fine and dandy. Hello to all the new folk!

Maybe I'll be back some day... who knows!

The Warden
GreyHavensWarden
Rider of the Mark

Postby oldtoby » Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:20 pm

:hug: for Don, hope things get better soon hon.

Hey there Warden :D
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby KitheGideon » Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:33 pm

Hi im Gideon the Kithe and i think i'll join the club too!
I am from Across the ocean in the land of oppertunity!
yes I am a moviefan(sort of) /GBA,DSgamer/beginning RPGprogrammer/Blink182superfan/and I especially enjoy the writings of Ann Coulter :P
Well i hope to make sum friends who also like Blink182 and stuff.

And of course, LOTR!!! :TORC: :cavetroll:
KitheGideon
Petitioner to the Council

Postby Hobbituk » Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:10 pm

Hello and welcome :) So do we call you Gideon?

All the family should be around somewhere to say hi any minute (right guys??!)

:D
Hobbituk
Ringbearer

Postby blackcrayon » Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:38 pm

Ann Coulter!!!....YES!!!! :clap: :hug: :happydance: :drink: :horse:
I know, I know. I shouldn't be here since I am technically one of B25 and lady Vana's. But Gideon... maybe we could talk sometime? :wink: :wink:

:argue: <----Ann Coulter vs. Liberals :P
blackcrayon
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Hobbituk » Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:14 am

Plus you appear to be one and the same person :)

(Us mods have "special powers" ;) )
Hobbituk
Ringbearer

Postby Cenandil » Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:24 am

Don, hope thing will be going better soon !!

was a 182 fan ones, but i doen't recommend hearing something from the guys since a couple of years now......could this be right, or am i just a little bit deaf....

Big hug to both my sisters...

Cen
Cenandil
Shield Bearer

Postby Maglor_Inglorin » Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:28 am

Greeting is any one here?
Maglor_Inglorin
Shield Bearer

Postby KitheGideon » Sun Aug 07, 2005 3:35 pm

yes im here its KitheGideon yes

about Blink 182, yes youre right there newer albums really suck, butt Cheshire Cats and Dude Ranch and Enema of the state were all really good albums. Plus i heard some of their live recordings they were great!

My favorate song is "Depends" butt i like the other songs too. :thumbsup:

Well my cat buster is avery good cat, and he thinks dogs are stupid, so i say yes dogs are stuuuupid!

can somebody respond please, id like someone to talk to... :drink: ...someone who likes cats and Blink 182 better than Green Day, etc. :x Can't stand them!
KitheGideon

Postby Cenandil » Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:12 am

Hey i like cays to, my cats name is Poco....means a little bit in spanish...she has some kind of growing problem (not enough food on the farm when she was a kitten)((because her bigger brother ate it al...))

she is the funniet cat of them al...when we imitate a chicken...she will come to you even if she is playing at the end of the street...(because that imitation means food :lol: )

well, cu all l8r

big hug to both of my sisters Jae and Don

cen
Cenandil
Shield Bearer

Postby KitheGideon » Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:50 pm

Poco? cool name for a cat. 8)

well.....
Im really excited because my sister just brought home two new kittens last night.
they are both black-one male, one female.
the male has white paws and chest, and a handsome white moustache, too. We all agreed to call him Napolean because my parents wanted the male to have a french name.

The female is all black, I thought we would either call her Scout or Estella
(from the book "Great Expectations")

Shes evil pure evil.... :twisted:

.....and her claws are not to be reckoned with.......

OW! THEY HURT!!!!! :pull:
KitheGideon

Postby Thewhitetree » Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:00 pm

Hobbi, this is my first time here. And to think that all along you were running a half-way-house... :roll:

:wink:

BTW Hobbi, I followed your Kaiser Chiefs recomendation in Music and :shock: . I aquired three songs (because I always do before I buy the CD) and really liked it! I'm going buy the CD on Monday! :)

HELLO to all newbies! :)
Thewhitetree
Mariner

Postby GreyHavensWarden » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:18 am

Hey folks

Just popping in to say hi again! Life has been so incredibly hectic and stressful of late. Not only is it Edinburgh Festival time, which would be enough for anyone I imagine, but I have been performing in a fantastic show “The Wreckers of Red Rock” by Fraser Charlton (a Gilbert and Sullivan style musical comedy for those of you who care) and we have also been having immense trouble with our flat.

The show has been going fantastically, insert review…
The Wreckers of Red Rock
Edinburgh University Savoy Opera Group
Neptune’s beard! What a collection of swashbuckling songs and jolly japes are to be found in ‘The Wreckers of Red Rock’, in which Gilbert and Sullivan’s best loved melodies are arranged with original lyrics to tell a tale of dastardly pirates and swooning damsels. Admittedly this is not a showcase of cutting edge drama, or convoluted plot lines, but it is an evening of good clean fun, performed with gusto. The stand out performance was from David Dennison, but the real strengths of the piece were the ensemble numbers, combining comic choreography, inventive puppetry, and wide eyed enthusiasm from the cast. Although Gilbert and Sullivan is not my thing, this was a genuinely entertaining evening, demonstrating the strength of this production.
Augustine's, 8 – 14 and 23 – 29 Aug, 10:15pm (11:05pm), £7.50 (£5.00), fpp 172
tw rating: 3/5
… and continue chatting.

We weren’t really getting that great audiences until the last few nights after the review was out, but they were fantastic. The cheered and jeered at all the right places and thanks to them they received excellent performances also! However staying out drinking till 5 every morning with usually work of some description the next day is not a good plan!

I was then back home in Belfast for the most of last week editing a magazine and packing my possessions into boxes for my parents to move house. It was a nice break from the major stresses that I haven’t told you about yet! Basically to cut a long story short we have had no water in our flat for 17 days now… after 6 days we were eventually given a temporary flat until something was sorted at the other one and now we have no electricity in the temporary flat! But hey I’m surviving… parents coming over to stay tomorrow and I think they may have to stay with one of my friends!

Anyways, suffice to say I am coping, and don’t really have that much more news than that. I’m sure there’s plenty more to tell but hey my hands are sore!

Hello to everyone: Hobbi, Jae, Don (got your letter darling thank you so much xxxx), toby, Ren…. Sorry if I forgot anyone :)

And hello to everyone who doesn’t know me…. I’m the Warden and I don’t post very often :P

OK must dash… maybe speak soon!

The Warden
GreyHavensWarden
Rider of the Mark

Postby Hobbituk » Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:58 pm

Hiya Warden. I was up in Edinburgh at the festival myself a couple of weeks ago. I did see some strange people wandering around dressed as pirates handing out leaflets...you wouldn't have been one of those by any chance?

It was a great atmosphere up there though!:)
Hobbituk
Ringbearer

Postby Aralia » Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:17 am

Hello, i just joined today and would like to know if i could become one of your adopted people. if thats ok, and if i just asked correctly. Please.
thanx.
Aralia

Postby oldtoby » Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:19 am

Well the proper method is to say:

"Hello, i just joined today and would like to know if i could become one of your adopted people and give oldtoby all my money."

:twisted:

But they might let it slide this time. :wink:
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby Cenandil » Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:59 am

oldtoby wrote:Well the proper method is to say:

"Hello, i just joined today and would like to know if i could become one of your adopted people and give oldtoby all my money."

Maybe it should be:

"Hello, i just joines today and would like to know if i could become one of your adopted people and give oldtoby all my money........so old tobs can give it to Cen to keep it for protection against people who are out for fast money....

dont you think..?
Cenandil
Shield Bearer

Postby Hobbituk » Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:58 am

Hi Aralia :) Ignore the above two people. Oldtoby isn't even a real adoptee :P

Nice to meet you, I'm Hobbi and I've been posting on this site for a very very long time (too long!) so any questions you have I'd be happy to answer.

In the meantime, why don't you tell us a little bit about yourself? What are your hobbies.etc?

(Though if you are under 18, please don't mention your age ;) )
Hobbituk
Ringbearer

Postby PimpernelBramble » Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:22 pm

Hobbituk, would you please adopt me? ;)

Hehehe, this is Lurea, btw... did you figure that out in the Splintered Chamberpot, Hobbi dear? I thought it was about time for an annoyingly happy hobbit to butt in ;)

:hug: to Warden, Don, Jae, Tobester, and the newbies

:nono: to Toby... don't scared off the newbies!! :P

Welcome, Aralia!

Don-- special :hug: to you... sorry we didn't get to meet up. I couldn't convince anyone to make a trip out to Kitty Hawk. Hope it all went well!

Ren had a baby!? Where have I been?!?! :woah: Congrats!
PimpernelBramble

Postby Aralia » Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:34 am

Natrualy i'd be happy to pledge all my money into oldtoby's care, however i spent the 20 quid i got for my GCSE results already.

Hi! Thanx for having me. My interests include LOTR, i'm even trying to write a half decent fanfic. I also love star wars, and Lost. I love films, making them, especially directing. I also love writting, but can't spell to save my life.

I'm very strange, get called freak alot. I can't figure out why. I suppose calling "cutlery", "cuporly" doesn't help.

And as you can see, when i'm nervous it just doesnt make sense.

I have a question-how do you private message individuals? As in, do we have little inboxes?
Thanx
Aralia

Postby oldtoby » Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:09 am

You can pay me in Ramen noodles or ketchup packets too. :wink:

There is a private message feature but it is only for those who sign up for a Premiere Membership. However it doesn't work very well.
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby Hobbituk » Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:29 am

No, the TORC private message system is pretty lousy :) If you want to IM me, however, I'm on Yahoo Messenger as (imaginatively) "Hobbituk"

:)

So how did you go on in your GCSE's Aralia? My little sister got her results today as well, she did okay. Its only a few years since I did mine and I remember how petrified I was of getting poor results (maybe if I'd actually bothered to do some revision...)

Hobbituk, would you please adopt me? Wink

Hehehe, this is Lurea, btw... did you figure that out in the Splintered Chamberpot, Hobbi dear? I thought it was about time for an annoyingly happy hobbit to butt in

I THOUGHT it was you :P Who else after all? ;)

Okay, I'll adopt you...but that technically makes you your own stepmother.
Hobbituk
Ringbearer

Postby Turelie_Lurea » Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:32 am

:rofl: As if adoptions in our family weren't strange enough :roll:

:love:
Turelie_Lurea
Ranger of the North

Postby Aralia » Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:18 am

I got two A's, two B's, two D's and a C nd E'S FOR science.

i only revised a day before each exam. i try not to let things like exams get to me, i'm usually more worried about falling over in the hall, or sitting in the wrong seat.....
Aralia

Postby Hobbituk » Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:10 am

Sounds like me :D I'm the king of cramming :D

You did very well though!

*tries to remember what he got*

hmm... one A, seven B's and two C's I think.
Hobbituk
Ringbearer

Postby Donernilwen » Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:36 pm

Hey hey fam! :)

Well, I'm posting here from my new place in Idaho, land of the potatos, and I'm not doing too shabby.

Welcome to Aralia and any other new people I might have missed in my absence. You can call me don or donny. Whatever. ;)

Things are going good for me. I'm taking a few classes and training to become an Emergency Medical Technician. :)
I think I'm pretty much settled as much as I can be considering it all. Only thing now left to do is get myself a new job and some free time to work! :P

Laurea, :( I'm sorry we weren't able to meet up as well. I thought about emailing you the day before we left to see if anything had happened but computer problems. :roll: Hopefully sometime soon though. ;) I'll catch you later maybe on im.

Well I better be on my way. Well wishes to the fam and all those others hanging round here. :) talk to you later!

Oh, forgot to add- Hobb, That isn't my favorite bunny in the whole world is it??? :lol:
Donernilwen
Ranger of the North

PreviousNext

Return to Adoptions