Hobbituk's Homely House (v 3.0)

Need a hand learning the ropes? Come here and find an experienced poster to adopt you! Visit the First Stop thread for a list of all those currently involved in the mentoring process and their interests and areas.

Postby oldtoby » Sat Feb 05, 2005 9:47 pm

Shouldn't we vote on it first? =:)
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby Hobbituk » Sun Feb 06, 2005 9:18 am

(LOL!)

Nah, I'm an evil fascist. What I say goes. Which reminds me, what happened to that massage I was supposed to be getting people? And this place could do with a clean...

:P
Hobbituk
Ringbearer

Postby Lumi » Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:11 pm

Shame on you oldtoby!!!!!!!! That could really scare someone off....:wink: (Or is it your intetion...?)
Anyways, hello DW! Nice to have another newbie around....
Lumi
Shield Bearer

Postby AlexSnitzel » Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:51 pm

Welcome to the family DWLOTRfan13! :)

Soo Don, how'd it go? We're all waiting with bated breath to hear about the newly arrived sib :D

I'm actually from SC, and go to the University of South Carolina... not the most exciting place in the world. ;)
AlexSnitzel
Ranger of the North

Postby GreyHavensWarden » Tue Feb 08, 2005 6:27 am

Hello All

So sorry I haven't been around for a long time now, but hopefully Don's explanation was sufficient to explain my absence!

The opera went superbly, I am sooo pleased! I shall get back to you all on this in a lot more detail with reviews and photos and such, but jsut so you know it got steadily better throughout the week, and Saturday nights performance was superb!!!

Thanks for all the luck folks

Don.... we're waiting on the news darling!!!

I'll gradually fill you in on info... can't be bothered with a big post just yet! Am off to a pancake party tonight!!!

Cheers

The Warden

Oh and welcome to any newbies I may have missed!!! I'm Warden!
GreyHavensWarden
Rider of the Mark

Postby Donernilwen » Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:21 am

Hi everyone,

On my way to work here soon but thought I'd at least sneak in a quick word.
The past 10 days have been amazing, crazy, wonderful, weird, up, down and all around (Not to mention INSANELY busy).
Well.... don't really have time to go through meaningless details but here you go.

Don
Donernilwen
Ranger of the North

Postby Hobbituk » Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:11 pm

That's fantastic Don :) (She's so cute! :D )

We want a full report ASAP

:)
Hobbituk
Ringbearer

Postby Donernilwen » Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:53 am

Ahem, Its a "HE" Hobb......That is, unless you were talking about me. heh :P :roll: Pft!

He was born Feb. 1st at 11:32 am and weighed 8.6 lbs. Parents named him Ryan Dean (you like? :P). umm basicly the best kid ever. He hardly ever cries at all.
I can't stop laughing when he opens his eyes though. He doesn't blink and he scrunches up his face so he looks like an old man. My mom doesn't appreciate it when I tell her that though.
I stayed at the hospital both nights with my mom and Ryan. Which pretty much translates into "I got very little rest because of the lump of a chair I had to sleep on." But it's all good.:)

Oh, and I wanted to welcome DWLOTRfan13 too. :) Hey, I'm Don. I'm American and umm....a girl. I lifeguard and coach swim team. So...yeah. There's a bit about me. Hope you're feeling welcome and getting on well with the boards.;)

-Don
Donernilwen
Ranger of the North

Postby Jaeniver » Fri Feb 11, 2005 8:16 am

hey everyone ;) dragged myself away from books

Hobby got a question for you ;) i got an email saying my PM was cancelled due to some credit card issues. i still have my pm it seems but my settings don't show it. i would like to cancel my PM but no way i can do it from my settings cause it says i don't have a PM. so why are my sig and sig pic still here?

Anyway you as MOD can find out? much apriciated :)

congrats Don!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *hugs*!!!!!!!!!!
Jaeniver
Not all those who wander are lost

Postby GreyHavensWarden » Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:18 pm

Three Cheers for Ryan Dean!

The Warden
GreyHavensWarden
Rider of the Mark

Postby AlexSnitzel » Fri Feb 11, 2005 4:21 pm

Welcome, Ryan, to the wide wonderful world. :horse: Thanks for the update Don! And that's a great picture. :)
AlexSnitzel
Ranger of the North

Postby Hobbituk » Sat Feb 12, 2005 10:18 am

Er...COURSE I knew it was a he...erm...I was...um...kidding! Yeah!

GOOD choice of middle name :D

Jae, Mods don't really deal with the technical aspect of stuff (Well, I don't anyway...mostly cos im thick) so your best bet would be either to go and post in the "PM" forum or send an e-mail to Jonathan :)
Hobbituk
Ringbearer

Postby Lumi » Sat Feb 12, 2005 10:27 am

Congrats Don! :)

A baby who hardly cries!?! You sure are lucky... A cute little boy... :)
Lumi
Shield Bearer

Postby Donernilwen » Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:02 pm

Thanks everyone for the congrats!

haha yeah Lumi, hardly ever hear him cry. Think my mum would tell you other wise, but then my ability to sleep through most anything coupled with his sleeping habbits is working out to my advatage I'm glad to say. =:):P

And Riiight hobb. ;) Knew that's what you meant. :P
haha when my parents looked up what Dean meant they were like "hey Janell, You'll never guess what the name dean means!"
Me: " Chief of ten?"
Rents: "How'd you know that?!"
Me: "lucky guess." hehe ;)

Thanks alex! I know, don't I look fabulous? .....oh...you meant the kid...uh yeah. Guess he's cute as well. :P ;)

Anyways, not a huge day here. I don't know, this weekend has been kinda weird. Some tention between a few friends is kinda building up and I know we are going to have to talk sometime this week about it. ugh crazy stuff.
And then there's Valentines tomorrow. :roll: Pretty much the most over rated hoilday as of yet. I'm not depressed that I'm not seeing any one guy steadily. I kinda like the freedom and not having to worry about it but when Valentines comes around I feel like I'm "expected" to have one or somthing. Hm I''m not even making sense to myself so I'm sure that thought is probably compleatly insane. I pretty well know it is but I still have it. oh well, it's just one day. :)
Anyways, I hope it's all better for you guys. ;)
I'll talk to you later!

-Don
Donernilwen
Ranger of the North

Postby GreyHavensWarden » Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:33 am

Hey All

Just popping in to notify Don that I have finally made another post in the LFI!

Wednesdays off.... mmm thats good!

The Warden
GreyHavensWarden
Rider of the Mark

Postby Donernilwen » Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:00 am

Thanks Warden! It was really good. :)

My wednesdays are usually desolate, but yesterday after about noon I just didn't stop running around.

Hmm seeing as though most of you are from europe you might not get this, but I just had to tell someone (Alex might know what I'm talking about though ;) ).
There is this dance saturday that me and some friends are going to. It's theme is like famous couples or something sappy, but anyways, My two best friends and I are going as Pedro, Deb and Napoleon! ahhh haha! I'm telling you, napoleon dynamite is one of the most hillarious shows ever.

We went to this thrift store (the only place that sells the level of hiddious-ness that we need ;) ) last night to try and find our costumes. It's going to insane! I'm so excited. haha ok, just had to share that. I might put some pictures up if we don't look too incredibly apawling...oh wait, that's what we are going for. :P

-Don

Ah haha! I found the site. "freakin' awesome clips!
Donernilwen
Ranger of the North

Postby AlexSnitzel » Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:59 pm

Themed dances. :rofl: Yup, I can definitely relate. :P I haven't seen Napoleon Dynamite, though I do want to. I keep eyeing it at Blockbusters but I always end up bringing something else home. I'll have to pick it up next time I go. :D
AlexSnitzel
Ranger of the North

Postby Donernilwen » Sun Feb 20, 2005 8:27 pm

oh man, Last night was pretty much the weirdest night of my life. :roll:

I don't know what to think, either it was compleatly hillarious and crazy random or it was the most embarresing experience ever concieved by mankind.... you think I'm joking? No. I'm not. I think I'm going to refuse to show ANYONE pictures (aside from people who saw me. Aka friends who went as part of the group.). If you would like to know exactly what I looked like, just go to the site I provided earlier. .....I'm speechless. i don't know what to say about it except that we all pretty much looked exactly like the people on the movie....which is a weird thought considering I was dressed as a man. hahaha
As I was doing my hair, I just stopped and looked in the mirror and asked myself "what am I doing with my life?". Insane, honestly.
the night was marked by a new first though, I actually went in the middle of one of those dance circles. Not really sure if I'm all that happy about it though. hmmm Yeah, insane. Aside from the hillarious costumes, the dance compleatly sucked so that was a downer, but hey look on the bright side. Since there weren't many people there, there are less people on the planet who have wittnessed the horror. :) haha ok well, I'll stop talking about that. Alex, you should definatly rent it. I only know of one person who didn't like it....but they are a bit on the serious side so if you like crazy funny movies, I would even advise you to buy it.... maybe rent though. You will either compleatly love it or hate it with a passion. Better be safe. ;)

Well I vollenteered to work pretty much all day tomorrow. Too bad I remembered that school was out AFTER that. :roll: So now My friends will all be out of school wanting to do something and I won't be able to. gah.

That reminds me, I've gotten hold of some info and I think I may have a relationship coming my way. :D Exciting huh?
Well I will keep you all posted if anything happens. ;)

How were all your weekends? We seriously need to get more random stories in here besides mine. I know you all won't be able to compeat with mine though. After all I am the queen of randomness. hehe ;)

Talk to you guys later!

-Don
Donernilwen
Ranger of the North

Postby Hobbituk » Mon Feb 21, 2005 5:48 am

Well...

I went to London for the weekend with Wild_Unicorn. Was a lot of fun. We saw a show called "A Life in the Theatre" starring Patrick Stewart and Joshua Jackson. There were no other cast members, it was just the two of them all the way through and it was fantastic. Patrick Stewart is a FANTASTIC actor and I was impressed by Joshua Jackson given that he managed not to get completely acted off the stage by a living legend.

On saturday we met up with Leoba and Dindraug and went to the Tower of London...pretty cool! Then later we met up with Pandora, Satch, Leafy and Democritus and spent the rest of the evening in a cool little pub.

GOOD weekend :)
Hobbituk
Ringbearer

Postby GreyHavensWarden » Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:05 pm

Just popping in to wave and say I am still about!

Hobbi that play sounds awesome I am a great fan of Patrick Stewart! Wish I could have been there! Looking forward to this moot... i have a friend who wants to come too so I'm trying to get him to sign up to TORC now and then see what happens!

Love you all, enjoying reading your posts!

The Warden
GreyHavensWarden
Rider of the Mark

Postby Donernilwen » Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:07 am

Hey hey,

Just popping in. Can't let this place get too far down the page you know. ;)

Well last night was the first showing of my movie preview to "the public" :P.
We showed it at our chruch youth night and it was accepted VERY well. :D
Even got appaluse at the end.
My friends dad took some film making classes in college and he came and asked me if I was going to try to do that in college. I'd thought about it of course, but never thought I was good enough at it to take it seriously.
I was very pleased when he said that our preview was up to college level and that I should really consider that in school. :D So I'm VERY happy! Just hope the actual movie lives up to the preview! :wink:

Glad you had a good time last weekend hobb. :shock: I do envy you though. Not only for getting together with torcers, but that show sounds absolutly fantastic.
I'm actually trying to get a similar weekend planned (though not with any type of significant other :P ) to go see bou's play. Not tomorrow, but the next saturday. :) Never seen one of her plays before but I will let you know how it goes and we can compare her and patrick's performances. :P ;)

Got an LFI post done there warden, if you hadn't seen it already.

Well see you guys later then!

-Don
Donernilwen
Ranger of the North

Postby oldtoby » Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:43 pm

Thats cool Don, next thing ya know we will see you directing Marty in his next film. :wink:
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby nalla_elf » Sat Mar 05, 2005 7:20 pm

drags self in and dumps self in heap on the floor
Hi all. Tis meself what's back from RL.

Big Hugs to Jae :D Glad to see you're still alive and well.

Congrats Hobbi on becoming a moderator :)

Warden, still bluffing your way through physics? :)
nalla_elf
Petitioner to the Council

Postby Hobbituk » Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:10 pm

Hey there Nalla :) nice to see you. I see you got yourself a couple of new IDs. Word of warning...just be careful about how you use them, they tend to be frowned on by the PTP when misused.

Good to see you anyway:)
Hobbituk
Ringbearer

Postby nalla_elf » Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:15 pm

PTP? Misuse?

Sorry, but I couldn't figure out how to reactivate my old name(s). Do you know how to do that?
nalla_elf
Petitioner to the Council

Postby Hobbituk » Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:21 pm

PTP = Powers that be

Misuse = posting with yourself with two IDs to spam.etc

Not that I think you would!

Your other ID should still be accessible? If you're having trouble you could mail Jonathan about it, Im sure he could help you out.

:)
Hobbituk
Ringbearer

Postby oldtoby » Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:22 pm

Shouldnt that be PTB, the powers that be? :wink:
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby NallaElf » Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:55 pm

doh! I am an idiot who cannot remember her password. :oops:

*looks at PTP. looks at "Powers that Be". Agrees with oldtoby*
NallaElf
Citizen of Imladris