Hobbituk's Homely House (v 3.0)

Need a hand learning the ropes? Come here and find an experienced poster to adopt you! Visit the First Stop thread for a list of all those currently involved in the mentoring process and their interests and areas.

Postby NallaElf » Fri Mar 11, 2005 10:53 pm

Hey Alex, pleased to meet you. I'm an adoptee from quite a while ago...I think I joined shortly after Jae. I was supposed to have left for good, but.... yeah, y'all are still stuck with me. I'm living in the U.S., going to Uni (studying Physics, I think), although I took this year off to work at another school. And you?
NallaElf
Citizen of Imladris

Postby AlexSnitzel » Sat Mar 12, 2005 3:17 pm

I'm living in the U.S., going to Uni (studying Physics, I think), although I took this year off to work at another school. And you?

College student from USA too. :D Media Arts major. Very interesting stuff.
AlexSnitzel
Ranger of the North

Postby NallaElf » Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:07 pm

So what exactly does Media Arts cover? Does it include any film production classes?
NallaElf
Citizen of Imladris

Postby AlexSnitzel » Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:28 pm

Media arts can cover a whole lot... photography, film, web development, audio/radio, computer graphics, and stuff like that. There are some film production classes available, but I haven't taken any yet, as I'm still pretty new to the program.
AlexSnitzel
Ranger of the North

Postby Donernilwen » Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:54 am

Hey guys,

Sorry it's been so long! About a week ago I managed to write a vairly huge post which was eaten about 10 seconds after I'd finished. As you can probably understand, I was a bit put out about it and haven't found time to post since.

Don't really know where to start really. So much has been going on. I'm still working and doing pretty well in school. My movie (I told you guys I was making one right?) is coming along....slowly...but it's coming.

I had forgotten you took Media arts Alex.
Not to recently, I decided that's what I'm going to do in college as well (media arts film).
How are you liking it? Is it much different then what you'd expected? How's your school's program? haha yeah, that's a ton of questions.
As you can see, I'm really excited and want to know as much as possible about it. ;)
If you have any info that you think would be helpful, I would be SO happy for it.
The school I'm looking to go to only accepts about a half of the film programs applicants so I'm a bit nervous about that. :roll: Did you have to send any sample work in with your application?

Well, I'm working today so I best get a move on. I haven't talked about it to a lot of people, but I'm liking my job less and less. It's a great job and pays well for someone my age, but there is nothing to look forward or aspire to. I just sit and watch people swim....yeah.... not too fullfilling. I've decided I don't want to get into lifesaving or swim coaching as my carreer path, so I'm kinda thinking "whats the point?". I want to get some different types of experience. Even if it doesn't really contribute to, or give me experience for my college major. I just feel very limited in my options right now.
But then after thinking about that, I feel like I'm not acting gratfull for my good job that a lot of people would love to have. :roll:
I think I need mental help. :P

Anyways, enough of my mindless ramblings. I better go.

oh, and Hi NallaElf! I'm (evidently :P ) your little sister. Most people call me Don (cough*girl*cough). ;) I'm currently living on the US east coast, but I'm orignally from Idaho/Utah. Sorry I haven't been too social. Busy times you know. ;)

Well Hi to everyone here lurking or otherwise. :) Hope you're doing well hobb!

-Don
Donernilwen
Ranger of the North

Postby NallaElf » Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:04 pm

Hey Don, good to be meeting another adopted sister :) What is your movie about? How are y'all making it? I'm interested in film stuff, and always curious about the processes, etc. Was just out on the East Coast last week, a lovely place to be.

Happy Easter to one and all.
NallaElf
Citizen of Imladris

Postby AlexSnitzel » Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:48 pm

Hey Don! :D

Well, I'm really liking Media Arts so far. The classes that I am taking right now are dealing a lot with still images, which I'm enjoying. I didn't have to send anything in with my application. Probably because my college isn't really a specialty school or anything, like film school would be. Anyway, I hope that helps, a bit. ;) I didn't know you were making a movie - cool :D What sort of movie is it?
AlexSnitzel
Ranger of the North

Postby GreyHavensWarden » Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:52 pm

Hey folks and hey to Nalla... yes still bluffing my way through physics!

Well I'm just back from an absolutely excellent tour of Hong Kong!

In a short paragraph we "saw lots of buddhist temples/monasterys, a few night markets, a few boat trips, few train rides, swimming on the beach, drinking in and outdoors at all hours, 3 concerts, lunch at the hong lkong club provided by the british ambassador..."

I got up to a lot more than that but that is the summary I have been giving folk on MSN in my weird state adjusting to the 8 hour time gap.

I'll be around for a bit now so shall def give you all a bigger update on all my goss!

Hey to Don, Hobbi, Alex and again Nalla! and of course Jae or Toby or anyone else who may be lurking as well :P
GreyHavensWarden
Rider of the Mark

Postby NallaElf » Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:13 am

Hey Warden

Glad you had a good trip to Hong Kong. I've been to a couple of night markets over in Singapore, those are always interesting.

*awaits significantly more detailed update*

Rock on with the Physics :)
NallaElf
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Jaeniver » Sun Apr 10, 2005 12:50 pm

yessss lurking my preciouses. always lurking :wink:

sorry i can't really stay and chat. so much to do before my finals come down on me. that and my dead pc mostly :roll:

be well everyone!
Jaeniver
Not all those who wander are lost

Postby Donernilwen » Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:04 pm

Hi guys,

Sorry I haven't posted recently. An uncle of mine passed away a couple of weeks ago so my family decided to take a last minute trip out to the funeral and just a vacation in general. I got my hands on a few computers along the trip, but none would load torc up. :roll:

I just got back tonight and I'm very happy to be home and done with the car for a while.

To answer Nalla and Alex, the movie is sort of a documentary/comedy (aka mockumentary :wink: ). We have a pretty simple camera and are editing it on my computer. I've really liked doing it, but this trip has cost me a ton of time and I'm now way behind on it. I'll be spending LOTS of time editing in the next week to say the least.

Hobb- I saw your moot pics a while back and I never got the chance to tell you untill now, but your hair cut does really look very good. ;)

Well, I better go try to sleep again. With the time zone adjustment and the fact that in the past 10 days I haven't been to bed eariler then 5 am, I'm having trouble getting to sleep. I'm dreading the morning with a class at 7:15 and work right after untill 4pm. :roll: Someone shoot me.
Night you guys!

-Don
Donernilwen
Ranger of the North

Postby Renowen » Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:00 am

Why hello!
long time no post (again :roll: )

Just letting you all know still alive and kicking - though not nearly as high as I used to bump getting in way and all!

Hope everyone is ok and behaving themselves

all my love

R x
Renowen
Rider of the Mark

Postby AlexSnitzel » Tue May 03, 2005 9:08 pm

Don, everyone loves a good mockumentary. :D

Warden... Hong Kong... very cool. What brought you there?
AlexSnitzel
Ranger of the North

Postby Hobbituk » Mon May 30, 2005 12:31 pm

Yikes...this dropped a long way...just giving it s swift kick up the bum to get it back to the top!

Just so's you all know... Daddy Hobbi is single again!!

Hobb- I saw your moot pics a while back and I never got the chance to tell you untill now, but your hair cut does really look very good

Thanks Don :D
Hobbituk
Ringbearer

Postby GreyHavensWarden » Tue May 31, 2005 2:02 am

hello all

yes we had dropped rather... it is sad times when this is the first time in about a month that ive actually seen a page of TORC. ah well what can you do.

exams all over now, i've basically moved flat and am trying to find some sort of employment to keep me occupied over the summer when we arent rehearsing for our fringe show!

anyone coming up to Edinburgh for the festival?? c'mon you know you want to!

i've been having an absolutely fantastic time here... unfortunately spending too much money in the process but isn't that always the case?

can't beleive i haven't even been in touch since hong kong! i was there touring with the university chamber choir, don has the cd recorded on tour hehe. i'd be more than happy to send mp3's at some stage to anyone who is interested!

it's a shame i'm moved into a flat without an internet connection for the next month, my internet is going to have to be a lot more intense in the library and such, but hopefully i can get into the routine of popping onto TORC and leaving a big massive post for you all every few days because that's how it should be!

speak to you soon!

*hugs*

the warden
GreyHavensWarden
Rider of the Mark

Postby GreyHavensWarden » Tue May 31, 2005 2:04 am

sorry bout your singleness hobbi... join the club (been single for way too long now... almost a year with a few bumps along the way :()

chin up :)
GreyHavensWarden
Rider of the Mark

Postby Lumi » Wed Jun 01, 2005 2:42 am

Hello all!

I'm just popping in to say hello. My graduation partys are on saturday and our house is a total mess. Well we don't stress. It would take away the party spirit, don't you think... I'm taking a vacation on summer after too many summers of working. I'm going to our gottage by a beautiful lake and just take it easy. How about you?
To Edinburgh? Hmm... That would actually be nice. But... I have allready spent my travelling money to a trip in Budapest. Uuuu, can't wait to get there... I haven't travelled much and Budapest is a dream place to start. I'm going to study Hungary's language and culture in university. Can't wait that eighter...:D
See you!

Lumi=snow
Lumi
Shield Bearer

Long time no see

Postby Cenandil » Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:40 am

Hi everybody, long time no see !! how are you all doing mates !

let me be the first to say

Jae, lovely sis, don't be to tence while waiting for your grades and don't expect a call from school, cause i've i just know you've made it !! , and when you get your paper, ill be one of the first to give you a big hug !!

btw, your boyfriend's a nice lad sis !

Greeting to all

~Brother of the beloved Jae~
~~a hopefully not forgotten adoptee of Hobbi~~
Cenandil
Shield Bearer

Postby TheMusical » Sat Jun 04, 2005 10:56 am

Hello,
I've just arrived and am sure it won't take me very long to become lost and confused so would you be so kind as to adopt me?
(And I'm not a newbie... no... I'm just... in my original packaging that's all :wink: )
TheMusical
Petitioner to the Council

Postby Hobbituk » Sat Jun 04, 2005 1:21 pm

Hi The_Musical. welcome aboard. What do we call you? "The"? or just Musy?

:D

Anyway, so...who were you? I suppose you won't be telling us :D
Hobbituk
Ringbearer

Postby TheMusical » Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:36 pm

Well 'The' does make me sound very important, but Musy would allow for less confusion now wouldn't it.

Actually the 'original packaging bit' was just a bluff... I'm as green as they get.
TheMusical
Petitioner to the Council

Postby Renowen » Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:48 am

Hey everyone!

Quick announcment

Nyah Marie Sawyer (or Baby Ren whichever you prefer :P ) arrived on the 3rd June at 8.12pm.
She weighed 7lb 4oz (or 3300 grams if you want to be fancy) and shes a little sweetie.

Oh and before you ask - natural birth, just used gas and air and was in 'established labour' for 18 hours (though had been in pain for 11 hours beforehand!)

so congrats Hobbi - your a grandad :lol:
And not forgeting her aunties and Uncles :)
Renowen
Rider of the Mark

Postby Jaeniver » Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:40 pm

b]Cen[/b]!!! what a treat seeing you back here! thanks for the support last weekend ;) i could hear your whistle loud and clear. ;) and thanls for the drawing paper :D:D it's being well used. and of course he's a great guy ;) i'll only settle for the best hehehe.

as only Cen knows i had a dance performance last weekend which went well. abit stresed, achey muscles but it was fun once again. here's to the next one!

Ren- that makes me auntie Jae doesn't it :P ;) she's really precious. congrats and cherish every moment with her :)

hi the TheMusical ;) welcome :)

and a hug to dearest Hobbi ;)

i must run and get coffee before i fall asleep.
Jaeniver
Not all those who wander are lost

Postby Donernilwen » Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:27 pm

:D Hey guys!!!:D

Been REALLY missing it here.

I should probably explain a little.
During the finishing stage of my movie, things got extreamly busy, hectic, stressfull and just chaotic altogether. The week after that was crazy busy as well and since then, I've been rarely lurking if anything. Just needed a good break from the computer that had been such a headache for me. :roll: :wink:
After that was all said and done, the reply page, yet again would not load for me and I've, to my great relief, just gotten it straigtened out.:D

More MAJOR congrats to Ren on her beautiful little girl! :) Sorry I wasn't able to relay your message here, though I see you've taken care of it. Stupid reply page. :roll:

Welcome welcome Musy! I'm Don, your older sis. ;) I'm currently living on the east coast of the US. It's a given that I love tolkien. :P
My mind is drawing a blank for interesting facts.....I can't be that dull can I? :P
Oh, I'm quite the music enthusiast and I've been doing some local DJing lately which I've been loving. Favorite band has to be Coldplay.
If you need any help with anything, just ask and I'd be happy to help any way I can.:)

Hobb, sorry to hear about the relationship trouble.
Welcome to the boat of teh singles. ;) Hope we aren't horribly bad comapny. :P

Big shouts to Jae and Warden!
Nice shouts of course ;) ( all of that could change if I don't catch either of you on IM in the near future though. :P Consider yourselves warned).

Well, I must be off. :)
Catch you guys latah!

-Don
Donernilwen
Ranger of the North

Postby Hobbituk » Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:50 pm

YES. A big and unforgivably late to our very own Renikins on becoming a MUM!

HOORAH!

I'll be expecting the pipe and slippers any minute now... ;)
Hobbituk
Ringbearer

Postby Cenandil » Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:53 am

Heey Welcome Musy, i'm an adoptee from a long while ago and i want to give you a warm welcome in this lovely house....

small introduction:
I'm Cenandil (but call me Cen), i'm Jae's big brother (that means, i give a little mental support so now and then \ :wink: )

Hope i can spend somewhat more time over here since i'm very buisy with my exams of the premier year on the laboratory-school (don't realy now how to call it exactly, but you all know what i mean...i hope...

Greetz to all

~Brother of the highly beloved Jae~

Cen
Cenandil
Shield Bearer

Postby Cenandil » Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:52 pm

As he walks trough the shivering cold en chilly rain towards the door of the warm and comfortable house of Hobbi, were he, for the first time, doesn't hear the laughing sounds of all the adoptee's who usually tell stories or drink pints with hobbi...

He opens the door.....

The fire is lit, but there is not a single soul....no laughing Hobbi, not even his lovely sis Jae is there to welcome him with a warm welcome hug...

He sits down in the big chair with Hobbi's name on it...(hobbi's not there to kick him off so...)puts his foot on the table and take's a thinking pose.......

Where is everybody ?!?!? He screams loudly, but at the same time as he thinks no one will hear him any way, become's as silent ass a sleeping baby.....pondering....
Cenandil
Shield Bearer

Postby Donernilwen » Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:48 pm

Where is everybody ?!?!?

Well I don't know where everyone else is, but I'm still here from time to time.

Hey Cen. :)

From your introduction, I'm assuming that I'm your little sister.
(you know, we would all make a VERY interesting family reunion for the jerry springer show. :P )

I had some free time today and decided to wander over here. I Read back through this thread and remembered how much I missed it here. :(
Life can be hectic sometimes though.

Big hello to those who see this. Missing you!

-Don
Donernilwen
Ranger of the North

Postby Cenandil » Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:46 pm

it's always fun to meet family you realy didn't even know you had....

hi my other little sis !! just see me as your big bro from now on then !!

Big hug to both my sisters !!

~~Brother of the beloved Jae & Don ~~

Cen
Cenandil
Shield Bearer

Postby Maglor_Inglorin » Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:13 pm

Hi i'm Maglor :)
Maglor_Inglorin
Shield Bearer

PreviousNext

Return to Adoptions