The Latte Lounge, version 2.0

Need a hand learning the ropes? Come here and find an experienced poster to adopt you! Visit the First Stop thread for a list of all those currently involved in the mentoring process and their interests and areas.

Postby luthienelflover » Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:26 am

Hi there Maid of Lothlorien! Of course we'd be happy to adopt you! :D What do you think a good nickname would be? It's a little cumbersome to type your whole name out every time. :P People usually call me Luthy. Do you have any ideas for your nickname? :D

Welcome to TORC! I'm glad you've found us. If you have any questions please holler. And please check out our chat thread, which is in the "Talk" forum and is called "The Latte Lounge's Chat Thread". You can meet some other TORCers and get to know the place a bit there. They're all very nice. :D

I hope you stick around with us! :)
Alex :heart:
luthienelflover
Herald of Manwe

Postby Maid of Lothlorien » Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:17 am

Luthy, um, I guess you're my mommy?:lol:
Right? Well...
Mom, can I please get a cup of cappuccino? Mocha is my favorite. At least until I've tried some other kinds. I've been a lurker in your lounge for a couple of days. Everyone here seems to be my kind of people.:D And if it's easier for everyone, you all can call me Lori.
Maid of Lothlorien
Petitioner to the Council

Postby luthienelflover » Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:29 am

Lori, I like it! :D

Mocha cappuccino... mmmm... :love: Sure you can have one. Maybe I'll have one too. :P

I'm glad you've been lurking around -- that's always a good idea before posting!

What sorts of things are you interested in? Maybe I can suggest some interesting threads for you. :D
luthienelflover
Herald of Manwe

Postby K.Evenstar » Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:53 pm

Man, I wish I'd been adopted when I joined!

Hi Lori. I'm Keve, not officially on the Latte Lounge "team" but I spend plenty of time drinking coffee with Luthy et al. Welcome to TORc. Hope you hang around and pop over to the Talk thread - you'll be very welcome.

Keve xx
K.Evenstar
Ranger of the North

Postby luthienelflover » Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:29 am

You could always be adopted now. :whistle::whistle: :P

Just a little bump -- hello lurkers, I know you're there! Come on in and say hello. We don't bite, I promise. :P
luthienelflover
Herald of Manwe

Postby Serenoli » Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:29 pm

I'll take your word for it! :)

I'm Serenoli, and though I'm not dripping in the stuff unlike Maid of Lothlorien, I do like the colour green. Its very nice to meet you, and would you please start the adoption? 8)
Serenoli

Postby Tethairwen » Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:44 pm

Yippeee! Another victim!

erm...

*cough* :whistle:

Hello, Serenoli! :D Don't mind me, I'm just one of the resident crazies. ;) Luthy's not going to be around much for a few days, but feel welcome to drop by the Lounge's chat thread. :) I promise, we really are a friendly bunch. :D Oh, and if you want anything even remotely related to coffee, we have it all. *hands you some doughnuts*

Teth
Tethairwen
Ranger of the North

Postby Serenoli » Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:45 am

Hello, Teth... *takes the doughnuts, and chews meditatively*

well, they're ok. but maybe ur right, maybe i DO need some coffee to wash them down... *heads off to the chat thread*
Serenoli

Postby luthienelflover » Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:47 am

Hi Serenoli! :D Welcome to TORC! It's great to meet you, and I hope you stick around! Teth is right, I'm sort of away at the moment, so I'll put your care in everyone else's competent hands, but I should be back Thursday night or Friday morning, so I'll see you then! :D If you have any questions in the meantime everyone else will be happy to take care of you (and if they aren't, I'll bite them -- heh :P).

Luthy
luthienelflover
Herald of Manwe

Postby oldtoby » Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:59 am

I'll see that she is "taken care of"

Now where is that bottle of chloroform?

:twisted:
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby Borin_Silversmith » Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:31 pm

Hello Old Toby. I saw your name and decided to stop in and say HI!!!!!!

We have a RREALLLLLLLLLLLLLL Good picture of you from the weekend in Michigan.

Borin / Shelly and Jessie
Borin_Silversmith
Ranger of the North

Postby eamane_helyanwe » Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:17 pm

*Snif, snif* I smell coffee. Must find the coffee.

I hear there's free coffee for new folks. Can I get it frozen with lots of chocolate in it?
eamane_helyanwe
Shield Bearer

Postby luthienelflover » Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:06 pm

Sure, Eamane! :D

Do you have a nickname you like? :)

Welcome to TORC, and welcome to the Lounge! If there are any questions I can answer for you or anything else I can do, just let me know. Also, check out the Latte Lounge in the Talk forum to meet a few really cool people and get used to the way TORC works!
luthienelflover
Herald of Manwe

Postby eamane_helyanwe » Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:44 pm

I don't have a nickname yet. I've only been wearing this name for a few days.

Good coffee, by the way. :)

I'm not new to message boards, just TORC, but if I have any questions, I know where to come for answers.
eamane_helyanwe
Shield Bearer

Postby luthienelflover » Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:10 pm

Great -- good luck! :D

And enjoy. :)
luthienelflover
Herald of Manwe

Postby GwenElf » Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:38 pm

*Sil meanders into the Lounge, goes behind the counter, and starts baking chocolate fudge brownies. While they're baking, she saunters to the windows and opens them wide, letting the scent of baking brownies waft out onto Adoption Lane.*

Welcome to TORC, eamane!! (Even though I've already seen you over in the Talk Lounge ;))

~Sil
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby eamane_helyanwe » Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:38 pm

Thanks, Sil. I'm wandering all over the place, curiosity is betting the better of me right now. :lol: You might find me just about anywhere.

I do have a few questions.
!. What are the alliances listed under folk's names?
2. How does a newbie go about finding out more about them?
I've been surfing through the Guilds and Alliances board. Are these the same thing or are they something different?
eamane_helyanwe
Shield Bearer

Postby luthienelflover » Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:09 am

They're something different. You can join as many Guilds and Alliances as you want in the forum; just post and ask to be accepted (some have more stringent requirements, but the members will let you know specifics when you ask. Also, the requirements are often listed in the first post).

The Alliances under our names are just Tolkien related and don't really mean anything else. Choose your favorite place or person, or your favorite banner, it doesn't really matter. :P Go to the top of your screen and click on "Profile" which is between "Home" and "Private Msgs" on the bar at the top of the screen (below "Become a Member" and "Today's Active Topics"). If you scroll down a bit you'll see a browse bar with "choose avatar from gallery". Click "browse" and you can look through and choose different banners to view. Choose one, press submit, and there you go, you have an alliance! You can change as often as you want and there aren't any requirements or anything for using them. You don't have to worry about other people with that alliance hazing you or anything like that. ;) I have been pretty much every alliance in my time, but I spent the most time in Valinor and Angband. :P
luthienelflover
Herald of Manwe

Postby eamane_helyanwe » Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:09 pm

Thanks Luthy, I don't feel like a lost newbie anymore.
eamane_helyanwe
Shield Bearer

Postby luthienelflover » Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:22 pm

No problem! Hey, you mentioned in the chat thread that you do Elizabethan costuming -- why don't you check out the sewers/costumers guild in A&G (that is, Alliances and Guilds)? We love talking about stuff we've made there. :D
luthienelflover
Herald of Manwe

Postby eamane_helyanwe » Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:21 pm

I might, I don't do that much costuming anymore, tough. I don't really have the time. Between learning and writing scripts, I stay pretty busy. Most of the time I'm listed as being logged on, I'm really doing other things. I stay logged on so I can pop in if I find a spare minute or two. :)
eamane_helyanwe
Shield Bearer

Postby luthienelflover » Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:29 pm

That's okay! Pop in and talk to us about what you've done in the past! Or be a cheerleader for people who are working now. ;) It's a really great group.
luthienelflover
Herald of Manwe

Hello

Postby Angmor » Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:12 pm

Hello,

I am new to this site and i dont know exactly how this works but i need someone to show me the ropes, so will you help me Please.
Angmor

Postby luthienelflover » Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:31 pm

Hi Angmor! Welcome to TORC! :D Of course I'd be happy to help you out. :) Do you have any specific questions? :)

Check out our chat thread in the Bird and the Baby also -- a great way to get to know several veteran TORCers! :D
luthienelflover
Herald of Manwe

Postby Falling Starlight » Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:56 pm

not much for coffee but some tea would sure hit the spot. And Galadriel_elanor I aslo love archery.

ed:

BTW what all needs to be done to make a Guild?
Falling Starlight
Citizen of Imladris

Postby luthienelflover » Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:34 pm

Hi Falling Starlight and welcome to TORC! :D

What kind of tea would you like? We have all sorts. :D

To start a guild, first check through the forum and make sure there is no other Guild on that topic. Make sure to read the rules and guidelines for guilds (which are posted in the Alliances and Guilds forum) before you begin it. What sort of guild are you thinking to start? :)
luthienelflover
Herald of Manwe

Postby Falling Starlight » Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:37 pm

luthienelflover wrote:Hi Falling Starlight and welcome to TORC! :D

What kind of tea would you like? We have all sorts. :D

To start a guild, first check through the forum and make sure there is no other Guild on that topic. Make sure to read the rules and guidelines for guilds (which are posted in the Alliances and Guilds forum) before you begin it. What sort of guild are you thinking to start? :)

humm a bit of Green Tea sounds lovely right now.

and I am thinking of a archery Guild. From what i see is there is none or i just may not been seeing it.
Falling Starlight
Citizen of Imladris

Postby luthienelflover » Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:39 pm

There is one actually -- I was a member of it for a very long time!

http://forums.theonering.com/viewtopic.php?t=83987

No need to read the whole thread, but I would read several pages to get the feel for it, and then go ahead and post! The only requirement for joining is asking. :D
luthienelflover
Herald of Manwe

Postby Falling Starlight » Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:48 pm

*gives you a friendly hug*

Thank you so mcuh. :)

How are you today?
Falling Starlight
Citizen of Imladris

Postby luthienelflover » Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:54 pm

I'm doing very well! :hug:

But actually, a better place to talk would be the Latte Lounge's chat thread, which you can find here. It's in the Talk forum a great place to get to know a few regulars! It's always easier to jump into things if you know a few people first. :D
luthienelflover
Herald of Manwe

PreviousNext

Return to Adoptions