Now known as Vana's adoption thread!

Need a hand learning the ropes? Come here and find an experienced poster to adopt you! Visit the First Stop thread for a list of all those currently involved in the mentoring process and their interests and areas.

Now known as Vana's adoption thread!

Postby Vanaladiel » Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:31 pm

Well, I guess we had a bit of a glitch and got lost in the struggles. But we are back and will gladly reopen our adoption thread for all our adoptees and new prospective members to come to.

My name is Vanaladiel or Vana as all our friends and family here have called me since I first joined this illustrious board some three years ago. I have been reading Tolkiens works since I was a child. I have read LoTR and The Hobbit more times then I can remember over the years. I was excited when I had heard they were making some movies about it finally. I was always looking for information about the movies online when I stumbled into the gallery here. I collected pictures for my desktop from it but didnt come into the messageboard till after the first movie came out. I could no longer restrain myself from seeing what all was going on.

I came in very scared as many of you were but I decided to look around and see how many people were here and what they were busy chatting about. I found that I enjoyed talking to people in many different forums. One person I met was Bilbo 25 who was more then willing to adopt me and help me learn my way around. He was very kind and forgiving for the many little mistakes I made at first with my posting. Eventually though I got the hang of things and have been helping others ever since.

I live in the Beautiful Pacific Northwest. I am a grandmother of two beautiful grandchildren and very active with working fulltime and having just moved into a place of my own. I have been divorced for a couple of years now. I have been to many mini moots (get togethers) with others of TORC that I either live near or was able to go meet around the USA. Then in December of 2003, I was fortunate enough to have gone to Toronto Canada to the "Long Awaited Party" of the Gathering of the Fellowship. I enjoyed a wonderful week meeting TORCers from around the world whom I have gotten to know on the boards. It was a joy to meet people like our very own Ted of the infamous Ted and Jon, who started this website. I met such actors as Craig Parker and Bruce Hopkins. I met John Rhys-Davies in Seattle while waiting for the Two Towers premiere. What a surprise to not only meet him but to get pictures with him and get his autograph. All the people and actors that I have met have been fabulous!! They are my family!

I am here when I can be to play on the boards and help new members get around. If you are interested in joining our little family of friends then come on in and post here in this thread and we will get you on your way.

Bilbo 25 will be posting his own bio soon and we will get some helpful links back up to help you avoid the errors we made when first we started to post.

Come on in and join the fun!!!:D
Last edited by Vanaladiel on Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Luthriel_Greenleaf » Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:29 am

:grouphug: Vana, Bilbo! Do you guys remember me?! You guys adopted me ages ago. I thought I'd drop by to let you guys know I'm doing quite well. I missed you guys.

Here's my email luthieelfdreamer@hotmail.com

Bye!!!
Luthriel_Greenleaf
Ranger of the North

Postby oldtoby » Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:49 pm

Well I dont want to be adopted, but do ya'll mind if I crash here from time to time? You know like an uninvited house guest. :wink:

(I figure I've crashed most of the other adoption threads, Why should this one be any different?) :twisted:
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby Luthriel_Greenleaf » Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:04 pm

Hey Oldtoby! Nice to see you.

Luthie os a bit hyper, so she's going now.

Luthriel
Luthriel_Greenleaf
Ranger of the North

Postby Bilbo25 » Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:37 pm

I am the ancient one my name is B25. There is not much to tell about me. My main passions are playing chess, fencing, and reading on variety of subjects from philosophy and religion to law and politics. When I post I post in variety of forums from talk, to books and philosophy.
Bilbo25
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Sat Apr 16, 2005 7:49 pm

Luthriel_Greenleaf I am so glad that you have come back in and said HI. I welcome you to come around to the family and friends thead in the Talk forum. We encourage all our friends and family to come there so we can get caught up and visit. We have even been known to throw a spring or summer or whatever reason, party. Let me find the link so you can come visit. I bet that thread could use some perking up and conversation.

Hey there Old Toby!! Nice to see you here. I hope you will come to the talk forum to the friends and family thread too.

We try to keep this thread for new people to come in and ask us to adopt them and they can get any questions answered here so they can feel more comfortable getting around the board.

Well, it looks like I will have to go talk to the powers that be and see if it can be reactivated or if we can create a new friends and family conversation thread. I cant find this one and when I did it wont let me access it.

but it is great to see you two here again!!! :grouphug:
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby BairdDarkKnight » Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:36 am

Greetings Lady Vana :)

I fear I'm a bit too old for adoption, but it seemed the proper protocol, so here I am. :P

I'm a big fan of Tolkien and am looking for like minded individuals to rub elbows with. I enjoy all kinds of writing so I'm looking forward to the Scriptorium and the Prancing Pony.

I would appreciate being knighted or christened so that I can begin posting here without making too much of an arse out of myself. :roll:
I fully understand that I may need to be a Knight in training first. So I am here at your disposal and your command. *bows and snickers* :twisted:

Mold me...polish me...guide me...send me on a quest...do whatever it is that you see fit to prepare me for battle. :wink:
BairdDarkKnight
Petitioner to the Council

Postby blackcrayon » Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:17 pm

Hello Bilbo25-
My name is Blackcrayon. Is it possible you can adopt me? I just joined and I'm kinda confused... :bang: Yeah. Your help would be appreciated. Thank you!!!
blackcrayon
Citizen of Imladris

Postby blackcrayon » Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:45 pm

Hi, it's me again.
I read BairdDarkKnight's post and thought maybe I should tell you more about me. I'm fairly new to LoTR (I didn't even read the books until this year), so I guess you can say I'm learning. I'm looking forward to exploring more deeply into Tolkien's world by reading his other works and, of course, visiting this site often.
My other interests include writing poems and fan fiction, and leading an Inklings group of my own. I want to learn more about the man Tolkien, and well, alot of things. So will you adopt me, please? I'll be good, promise! :shock: :horse: (I like horses too.) -Blackcrayon
blackcrayon
Citizen of Imladris

Postby oldtoby » Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:36 pm

Howdy BairdDarkKnight and blackcrayon. :D:D

blackcrayon, I have one bit of advice for you. :) Edit your post rather than reply to yourself. Its considered bad form to do that. Now get out there and start posting w00t! :wink:
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby Flame-of-Udun » Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:41 am

Hi there

I´ve read through some of the adoption threads and thought this the place I would fit best, or so I hope. My main interests are Tolkiens Books and writing.

I´m a Tolkien fan since ever and that´s really a long time :shock: . I´ve read all of Tolkiens Books or at least the Middle-Earth related and enjoy discussing the Books. TORC isn´t the first message board I´m posting on but methinks the largest so I hope I can find some help and guidance here.
Flame-of-Udun
Shield Bearer

Postby BairdDarkKnight » Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:09 am

*bows to Flame-of-Udun and blackcrayon*

siblings? I have siblings :P A real pleasure mates! :)

*looks suspiciously at Old Toby and the claws and begins sharpening his sword* :wink: Howdy Again! :P

Sorry Bilbo25, but the Lady Vana took my breath away...I'm at your service. *kneels*
BairdDarkKnight

Postby Flame-of-Udun » Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:36 pm

Hi Baird, pleased to meet another newbie :)

siblings? you mean you have a fiery spirit and wings on your back too ? :twisted:
Flame-of-Udun
Shield Bearer

Postby blackcrayon » Sat May 07, 2005 9:12 am

hey oldtoby! :) Thanks for the advice. -Blackcrayon
blackcrayon
Citizen of Imladris

Postby oldtoby » Sat May 07, 2005 9:55 am

No prob dude. :D
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby Vanaladiel » Tue May 10, 2005 9:21 pm

I am so sorry that I havent been in here sooner. I am not getting my notifications that people are posting here.

BairdDarkKnight You are never too old to be put under the protection of someone who has been here longer. If you dont wish to call it adoption that is okay we can mentor you then. I am so glad that you have chosen us. We are most honored at your request to come under our tutalege (sp). Anyways we are just down to earth (Middle Earth that is) folks around here. Any help you need I will gladly assist you.

blackcrayon I am very humbled by your request for adoption. We gladly accept you into our family group and friends. In what way can we assist you hon?? Post all questions in this thread and we will do our best to guide you to the answers.

Flame-of-Udun we accept you graciously into our fold. I am so flattered that you chose us. It is an honor to be chosen by new members for help and guidance. All questions can be asked here if you need to find any answers or you get confused about something. We dont scold or put anyone down. Goodness we were all newbies at one time here ourselves. :D

Now before you all get too overwhelmed with everything, come to the meet the family and friends at our conversation thread in the Talk forum. I know I have seen at least one of you there already but you are all welcome to come there. We use it to just chat and for friendly banter. Sometimes we have even thrown parties just for the fun of it.

Here is the link to the other thread!
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby BairdDarkKnight » Tue May 17, 2005 12:30 pm

If you dont wish to call it adoption that is okay we can mentor you then.

I thank you Lady Vana it is most gracious of you and I shall be at your service in any role that you deem most fitting for one such as myself.

*is humbled* :P

Nice to meet you Lady Flame and Sir Crayon

Old Toby... how the heck are ya? :twisted:
BairdDarkKnight

Postby Vanaladiel » Thu May 19, 2005 9:44 pm

You are most welcome hon!

Do you have any questions? Any of you?
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby oldtoby » Fri May 20, 2005 5:33 pm

Old Toby... how the heck are ya?

I am doing very well, thanks. :D

Vana wrote:Do you have any questions? Any of you?

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby Vanaladiel » Sun May 22, 2005 5:22 pm

Very cute hon but I was asking our newest members of the family! :P;):D

We actually need to keep this thread for the newest members to ask any questions they might have so that we can help them.

The conversation thread is where we chat and play around. I dont wish to get the moderators on our tails for just chatting here so..... lets keep this thread for the adoption questions and any honest help someone needs. :D
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Bilbo25 » Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:25 pm

Good evening ladies and gentlemen my name is B25 and I am as have always been as Vana will tell inscruitable. I have been away for a long while due to many factors. However, I have returned and will be checking all pertinenttr threads on a bi-weekly basis and posting as needed.
Bilbo25
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:46 pm

Its great to see you back here, Bilbo25!! I am glad you will be coming back some each week. I know that others are as happy to have you back as well. :grouphug:
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby oldtoby » Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:23 pm

I know that others are as happy to have you back as well.

Speak for yourself, I'm mad! mad as hell and Im not gonna take it anymore! :wink: :wink:
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby Vanaladiel » Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:46 pm

Now now! :nono: Does mother have to discipline one of the children??:P

We know you are only kidding hon! Now you behave.:D :P

Oh and have fun when Silwen gets there. How long does she get to stay??
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby oldtoby » Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:49 am

You know its no fun maintaining faux outrage when you are so resonalble and understanding. :wink:

Two weeks till she flys out, getting close. :D
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby Thewhitetree » Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:59 pm

Vana I was completely unaware that you had an adoption thread going!

Do you dance around a bonfire shouting "hey hey ha ha ho ho hum hum" to initiate people? :wink:

*is an uninvited houseguest*

Toby wrote:Well I dont want to be adopted, but do ya'll mind if I crash here from time to time? You know like an uninvited house guest.

Vana wrote:Hey there Old Toby!! Nice to see you here. I hope you will come to the talk forum to the friends and family thread too.

You just made a huge mistake. ;)

I however, unlike Toby, will not scare your adoptees away. :D

"Will you have me?"
Thewhitetree
Mariner

Postby Vanaladiel » Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:50 pm

TWT yes I have been in the adoption business here since just after I joined our beloved messageboard.

No we dont make you dance around and we dont chant. Though...... that might be a good thing to start! :? :P I think not!!

Of course you can come on over to the talk forum and join our illustrious group of family and friends. Everyone is welcome!!!

Oh wait! :shock: You are already a friend!!! :lol: :D Yes by all means come on over!
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Flame-of-Udun » Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:35 pm

[quote="Vanaladiel"]I am so sorry that I havent been in here sooner. I am not getting my notifications that people are posting here.

Now it´s my turn to be sorry :( but RL became very demanding and I had no time to come back and check this place. Fortunately things have slowed down and I´m master of my time again :) So I thought I come back and thank you for the nice welcome Vanaladiel. I´ll check out the link you provided
Flame-of-Udun
Shield Bearer

Postby Bilbo25 » Tue Aug 09, 2005 6:00 pm

Hello and welcome to all. It is my that all will have pleasant time here within the vastness of the forums. It has become even more massive since my last journey.

If any one has questions feel free to ask. I general divide my between here and Hogwarts.
Bilbo25
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:29 pm

I am so thankful that you did come back Flame_of_Udun!!

Now do you have any questions about anything?? There are no wrong or stupid questions. So tell us something about yourself and what things you like to do.

Remember not to tell us your age or where exactly you live if you are not at least 18.
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Next

Return to Adoptions