Now known as Vana's adoption thread!

Need a hand learning the ropes? Come here and find an experienced poster to adopt you! Visit the First Stop thread for a list of all those currently involved in the mentoring process and their interests and areas.

Postby Ingold » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:32 pm

please can someone adopt me
Ingold
Shield Bearer

Postby Vanaladiel » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:02 pm

Ingold, if you wish to be adopted, I would be honored to have you added to our family.

Are there any questions that you have at this time? Have you read the Terms of Service that are posted at the bottom of the page?

We are pleased that you have asked us and I hope that you are enjoying your membership here on the boards.

We also have a family and friends chat there in the Talk forum. I will get the link and post it here. Then feel free to come in and introduce yourself to our friends and your adoptive family.

Link

I hope to see you there! :hug:
Image Spring come quickly!!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Ingold » Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:59 am

Thankyou! :)
Ingold
Shield Bearer

Postby Vanaladiel » Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:47 am

That is what I am here for hon!! :D
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Ingold » Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:32 pm

you called me hun

i feel loved :heart:
Ingold
Shield Bearer

Postby Vanaladiel » Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:35 pm

You most certainly are hon!!! :hug: :rose: Now tell us about yourself but dont give us the specifics of your age or your home town. :D How many pets do you have? How did you learn of the Professor and when were you introduced to his works? Did you see the movies first or read the books? How did you find TORC?

Inquiring minds what to know!!! :D
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Luthriel_Greenleaf » Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:19 am

:yippie: :hug: Vana!!!!!

How is Bilbo?

I'm a senior in high school and I have decided on my college, I just haven't applied yet. Gotta get me ACT score and see if I need to take the darn this over again.

Luthie
Luthriel_Greenleaf
Ranger of the North

Greetings!

Postby Galadwen Aranel » Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:29 pm

Suil Vana,
My name is Galadwen Aranel (Silver Lady of Light) and I am happy to have found this board. I would like to be adopted by you as you seem to know your way around. I feel somehow connected to you...when I read you are a grandmother...my son and daughter in law are on their way to starting a family. I hope to get to know you better. My favorite thing to do is role play, and I can really get in character...of course, the character I portray is in fact Galadwen and I have been a writer and poet all my life. If you have any tips, I will be your captive audience!
Galadwen Aranel
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Luthriel_Greenleaf » Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:27 pm

Galadwen Welcome!!!!! I love your name :)
I don't know where Vana is, I haven't seen her in a while, but I'm sure she'll be around soon.

I'm one of your family members!!!

Luthie
Luthriel_Greenleaf
Ranger of the North

Suilad, mellon...

Postby Galadwen Aranel » Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:08 pm

Greetings, Luthie!

Thank you so very much for your kind words. I love your name too. I am hoping Vana will return soon and get back to me. I am honored to have met you, my friend. :)
Galadwen Aranel
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Vanaladiel » Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:09 pm

So very sorry for being away so long!

I have been so busy with real life but I have made it back and wont have that kind of schedule again for another year.

Galadwen Aranel I am honored that you have chosen us as your new family. I would love to have you join us and I have seen you about the boards today. I believe you have even posted in my newest RP adventure. Welcome to the boards, hon and do join with us. :D I appologize for it taking me so long to get back in here and reply to you. I ask your forgiveness for not getting in here sooner.

Are there any questions that you have that you need answers for? I am here at your disposal hon.

We have a family and friends thread that we all chat at so please come on along and join us there too.

B25's and Vana's Friends and Family Conversation thread
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Galadwen Aranel » Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:52 pm

Hail, Vanaladiel!

Worry not about not getting back to me sooner...as you can see, it took me awhile to get back to you too! I am blessed and honored to be here and I thank thee times three for the warm welcome. I'm sure I'll have questions...I need to peruse and shmooze around a bit and get a feel of the site a little more. I just love the role-playing threads...
Galadwen Aranel
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Vanaladiel » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:37 pm

You are welcome hon and please use the link I provided to follow us to the family and friends thread in Talk.
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Luthriel_Greenleaf » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:30 pm

I haven't been on this site is quite some time. I've been busy with band. We won our last two competitions and have a really hard competition this week. I hope we do great and get a 95, that would be wicked!!

Love,

Luthie
Luthriel_Greenleaf
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:02 pm

Welcome back Luthie!! Congratulations hon, that sounds terrific!! Good luck on the one this week!! :hug:
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Bilbo25 » Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:36 pm

I am just checking in to see how everything is going and to sse if anyone needs assistance.
Bilbo25
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:19 am

Welcome back dear friend!! :D You have been missed very much around here.
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Vanaladiel » Sat May 17, 2008 7:13 am

We are still here and still active if anyone should desire to have any questions answered or any guidance!! Welcome to TORC, TheOneRing.Com as it is affectionately known!
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Hobbitlover4 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:58 pm

Hi I am new. (Obviousely :roll: ) We have chated a little before this on the thread that I started, but was locked because I didn't do my research and there was another identical thread. But it's all good. :wink:

Um, one question that I had was I got an email not to long ago that was from a person named Johnathan, I think it was, and it said something about activating a premire account. I have not signed up for any premire accounts, but I thought perhaps this was a trial sort of thing so, a few specific questions about this:

1) Is is a trial period?
2) If so will I be billed once the period is over,
3) What am I getting into by activating the account.

I have done nothing at this time. I wanted to get some more information first. Thanks! :)
Hobbitlover4
Shield Bearer

Location: Treading through the Mines of Moria in the cold, hard darkness.

Postby Vanaladiel » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:27 pm

I am glad that you feel welcome enough to come here and ask for our assistance since that is exactly what we are here for. :hug:

Jonathon is the sites originator, one of the guys who created TORC. He may have been advising you about someone gifting you a Premier Membership. The reason I say this is that you are in RED at this time which shows you have a premier membership presently.

Do you still have the email he sent you??? If so, can you forward it to me and I can see what he was talking about?

Don't do anything till you know that you want to pay for a premier membership. It is about $5.00 a month. You will not be billed for something unless you ask for it and they get a credit card number from you.

As far as I know they don't have trial memberships. But you can cancel a membership any time you wish as the end of a month.
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Liruliniel » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:32 pm

I'd really appreciate being adopted if someone would be willing to do so.
I just joined today and certainly would like some help in getting to know the place.
Liruliniel
Shield Bearer

Postby Beleg Faeron » Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:35 pm

Mae govennen Vanaladiel. Elen sila lumenn' omentielvo! I am Beleg Faeron, a half elf who seeks refuge amongst his kin. I greet you with great anticipation. Yes, I am a new one here. I would greatly appreciate a family mentor to show me the ropes. I humbly request adoption.
Rim hennaid Vanaladiel!
Beleg Faeron
Petitioner to the Council

Postby Vanaladiel » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:13 am

Silly double posts........ See it can happen to anyone!! :D
Last edited by Vanaladiel on Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Vanaladiel » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:47 am

Mae Govannen Liruliniel and Beleg Faeron!! Welcome to the family, of course you can both be adopted here.

If you have not already go to the first post or two of this thread and read up about Bilbo and I. We have been friends here for the last 6 years. He has a been a member of TORC (TheOneRing.Com) longer then I have and isn't around much any more but I am here almost daily.

Liruliniel what kind of help can I give to you dear one? I have seen you upon the boards posting away.

Beleg Faeron it is always a great joy to see more of our kind upon the boards. I love walking in the meadows and woods of TORC and helping others to find this place as friendly as I do.

Hobbitlover4 I do hope that I can help you in any way that you need.

One of the first things I would have all 3 of you do is to read The Terms of Service. It is important that you understand the rules of the messageboards.

Then I would invite you to look around. Check out the many forums (catagories) and the threads (topics) there in each. There are rules for each forum and each topic in them. Read the first thread about each forum upon going in there so that you know the rules of the forum. Before joining in any thread read the first few posts to understand what the point of the thread is. In several of the forums you need to respectfully ask if you may join before posting anything else. It is common courtesy to the originator or the participants of the thread. We are a friendly bunch but if someone doesn't want to go by the rules they will find this a very unpleasant experience. I want you all to find this place as friendly and as welcoming as you can.

There are moderators in each forum. Do not fear them but respect them and the job they have here to keep the boards running smoothly. Follow the rules and they are great allies, don't and they will shut you down. Be respectful of all members of these boards.

If you have any further questions please don't be afraid to ask. I am here for you. :hug: Welcome to the family!!!!

We also have a Friends and Family talk thread for our friends and family so that we can just have fun and talk about anything, over in the talk forum. That is the link so feel free to ask questions there as well. Do not however come to this thread and just chat about anything. Serious questions are what we discuss here in the adoption forum and ask to be adopted.
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Liruliniel » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:02 am

Many thanks for your generous hospitality Vanaladiel. I've certainly enjoyed reading your posts in the threads I've participated in so far.

After reading the TOS I suppose that my first question would be how am I to determine which forums require permission to participate. I know that I've already jumped into a few conversations (with no dire consequences yet- but I'd like to avoid getting in trouble or offending someone).

Another thing I'd like to ask is how necessary or helpful do you think it is to have a premire membership? I feel like the majority of users seem to have one. Does it greatly enhance the TOR experience?

Also, what is the significance of the allegiances that we choose for ouselves? Is it all just for fun? Or do they actually come into play at some point (i.e. during roleplay or something).

I'll try to limit my questions for now. Thanks again for all of your help. I'm looking forward to getting to know you and Bilbo 25 better soon. :)
Liruliniel
Shield Bearer

Postby Liruliniel » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:26 pm

Oh, just one more thing

I don't know why, but I was under the impression that there was a fanart gallery somewhere around here.

Am I mistaken?

I was greatly hoping that there would be a place to post my attempts at Tolkien inspired artwork.
Liruliniel
Shield Bearer

Postby Beleg Faeron » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:24 pm

Le hannon Vanaladiel! It is a great honour to be counted among your house. I will certainly explore and you can be assured that I will be around. Noro go hûl, bado go Eru!

Beleg Faeron
Beleg Faeron
Petitioner to the Council

Postby Vanaladiel » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:01 am

-Liruliniel- when you go into a forum you will see a thread at the top that will describe the forum and the threads contained there. Most of them that you need permission for are role playing but it is common to ask before joining any alliance or guild thread as well. In the games just join in and in talk you might ask if you can join in. Usually people are more then happy to have fresh meat er I mean new blood er maybe I mean new people join the threads. Just kidding about the fresh meat or new blood comments. :D RPs that are established usually don't accept new members and I know for a fact that the Mithril Knights threads are by application only. You apply by letting them know you are interested in joining their numbers in either the OOC thread or in the Alliance and Guild forum thread. Never jump into an RP without gaining permission first.

It might not hurt to just ask before joining any thread. Its just common courtesy. :hug:

The alliances we choose for ourselves just show who we most closely liked in the movies or what our character or self feels fits us best. I for one, am a definite elf. I am a nature lover, I love the great out of doors, I do archery, I love waterfalls, dancing beneath the moon (especially the full moon) and I just love their elegance. My legal name now is Vanaladiel Meril MacRae, it is my name that I chose here on the boards first, the middle name means Rose in Sindarin and my last name I took back to its origins of Scotland. I had it legally changed in 03' at the time of my divorce. So I am an elf now legally. I love it!!! All my friends knew me by that name so why not take it legally as my own.

There is a fan art gallery if you click on the symbol of the black oval with the large T on it by The One Ring at the upper left of your screen. There you will find a list of what is available on this site and the gallery is one of them.

The Premiere Membership was started when Jonathan couldn't support this site on his own anymore. We had grown so much and it costs money to keep it running. So he made memberships available for people to buy with benefits such as the pictures and special extras so that we could support the site ourselves. Those of us who have memberships feel it is important to contribute to the support and upkeep of the boards in order to keep them open to us. We believe in the site and have made it our home. If you come to believe that you will want to help in the support of the site then you might want to consider becoming a member too. You don't have to and the cost is only like $5 a month or something like that. But don't worry about that yet just learn the site and enjoy it and see if someday you might want to do more for the site.

Beleg I look forward to seeing you about the boards mellon!!

Don't any of you be afraid to ask or let me know if you need help with anything!! That is what family is for!! :grouphug:
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Liruliniel » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:15 am

Vanaladiel,
That is an incredible story- how many of us would secretly wish to do the same thing but lack the courage that it would take to explain the name change to our families. :D Mine doesn't even know that I'm a part of this community.

I too have chosen the elven race to affiliate myself with. Ever since I was a little girl I have spent most of my time outside. I even attempted to make my home among the boughs of an old spanish oak tree at one point. (My parents weren't crazy about that one).

I also used to go hiking in the woods and fields behind my house taking only crackers which I pretended to be Lembas bread.

The boldest I've been in the "real world" with my love of elven culture has been the purchase of the Evenstar replica that I found in New Zealand. And every time I go to a costume event you can be sure that I'll be in pointy ears and a flowing dress wearing my pendant.

I chose the name Liruliniel because it means lark. I think that its fairly appropriate because it is an ocean song bird. And I have a special fondness for them because of a tune that I learned about the sky lark a long time ago.

What does Vanaladiel mean? How did you ever get your friends to start calling you Vanaladiel? What did they say?

Thank you for all of the advice, by the way. It has been very helpful!
Liruliniel
Shield Bearer

Postby Vanaladiel » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:39 pm

At the time I found TORC I was working at home running a childcare. I didn't have any friends persay outside of TORC, so everyone here called me Vana. My parents had wanted a boy so my real name was all boys names. I hated it growing up and so I have always wanted something pretty and feminine. When I found TORC there was a translator that one could use online that helped you pick names. I put my name, my real first name, middle name and last name into the translator and the female name it gave me was Vanaladiel. So I still have my original name as the translator saw it. Of course it wasn't a real translator since there is no way to translate names into elvish names in general. But I loved the name and thought it was beautiful and very elvish. So I chose it to use and all my friends here on TORC knew me by that name. I then started traveling to meet TORCers around the USA. They all knew me by that name only so I decided when the divorce was in progress and found that I could choose to change my name, that I would do it to one everyone already knew. So bingo there you go!! Now my family, well my siblings all thought it was great!! My sisters love my new name though they can not spell it. My brother still accidentally starts to call me by my birth name and then catches himself. So he calls me T-Vana and his friends kind of made it stick with them at least. So to them I am T-Vana. I actually like it too!!! No I am not going to tell you what my birth name was, I have left that behind and do not wish to use it again for anything. :D

At one of the early moots where I was meeting TORCers I met up with some TORCers who I have been chatting with in our local area. We decided to meet in Seattle at the water front and have lunch. The first folks I met there were this girl I had been chatting with and her brother. She and I were both going through divorces so we found a common support for each other. Her brother was a handsome guy who caught my eye but I didn't get to talk to him much. I had just barely spoken to him on the boards before we met. About a month later he and I started chatting more online both on the boards and through email and IM. He was going to be going to college up in an area just north of me and we thought we could get together now and then for dinner or a movie as friends. Well, to cut too the chase we both kind of fell for each other and it became so much more. On August 23rd of this year ( in a week and a half ) we are getting married!!

I have traveled to Minneapolis Minnesota to meet TORCers, Toronto Canada, Atlanta, GA, Watervliet, Michigan, Tacoma, WA, Seattle WA, Easton, WA., Birdsview WA., Clinton, WA, Houston, TX and Bellingham, WA to meet TORCers who I have met on the boards!!! I have met TORCers from just about every continent of the World face to face and love them all!!! In fact for my wedding, several are coming from places like France, California, Washington & Oregon. For the longest time I was the Official TORC Social Butterfly!! I had met more TORCers face to face then any other TORCer and was the one who got others doing the very same. I love stirring up trouble or fun for others. In Toronto for the Grand Gathering of 2003 I wore large butterfly wings so that others would know it was me. I had so much fun and met so many people. There were like 1600 people in Toronto for the premiere of RoTK. It was grand indeed!!!! I have met John Rhys-Davies, Craig Parker, Bruce Hopkins and Mark Ferguson. All from the movies! Bruce and Craig were so wonderful to our group of friends there. I got pictures of them all and John's autograph, pictures with Craig and Bruce. I even got kissed by Craig. :D It was wonderful and such great fun!!

Sorry I was just going on and on about me and my TORC experiences. I have a couple of memory boxes with my keepsakes from all my trips and things LoTR related. 14 posters, two Legolas Dolls, an Elf collection of dolls, books, bookmarks, cards, and so much more. :D
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

PreviousNext

Return to Adoptions