Butterfly Garden - 100 Post Fair

This forum is for role-playing within settings that influenced Tolkien (non-Middle-earth). Acceptable styles include for Celtic, Norse, Kalevala, Arthurian, and Anglo-Saxon.

Postby crispycreme » Tue May 25, 2004 8:42 pm

(bumping for testing purposes)
crispycreme
Mariner

Postby shadowseer » Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:48 pm

the wind on my lips
the grass on my feet
the scent of the flowers
the sun in the sky.
the Garden will always grow and never fade.

:)

Seer
shadowseer
Shield Bearer

Postby RavenTinuviel » Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:19 am

:o I cannot believe I found the Butterfly Garden!

Wings carry me above the beauty of th egarden as the mists of time shroud the sacred souls....
RavenTinuviel
Ranger of the North

Postby Arwen740 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:14 pm

My heart rests here, in the fragrant warm grasses.
Thank you, Raven, for guiding me back to this enchanting valley.
May a deep peace envelope all who come here.
Arwen740
Ranger of the North

Postby RavenTinuviel » Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:54 am

Rest here Arwen, for your spirit light shines bright as you lay by the rivers that flow crystal clear from the mountains, and the smiling flowers that nourish the butterflies!
RavenTinuviel
Ranger of the North

Postby RavenTinuviel » Thu May 03, 2007 11:19 pm

On August 28, 2001,
mandos wrote:mandos enters the garden by the back gate.
Straining to push the heavy wheelborrow, laden with supplies, he makes his way to a small, shadowed corner near the tree and plaque placed in memory of Mork and Glork.

There he uses his spade to dig a small footing, and when finished, he begins to mix together the cement and sand for mortar.

Placing a few large stones into the hole, he begins to raise a pedistal. Carefully setting and tapping each smooth grey slate stone into it's bed straight and level. Wiping each one clean, and then moving to the next one up the column. Soon, the base is at the hight he wishes and he places the last mortar for the top stone.

Black onyx, thick, wide, flat and polished glass smooth with an inset in the middle. Once the top stone is set, into this inset mandos places a bronze plaque, fitting it into it's setting.

With a clean towel wiping his hands, and cleaning off a few smudges here and there, mandos looks upon his work and reads again the plaque.

The Wags Guild
April 15 - August 26

Next time he visits, mandos thinks it would be a good idea to bring some potted flowers to plant at the base of the pedistal. Maybe an orchid or two.

Raven lands atop the onyx and looks over at the plaque. Watching from afar she saw the Wags at play, and with a cry lamented its demise. Memories remain, fading not. Yet where is the flowers? Where is the orchid? Raven looks at the grasses overgrown and she immediately goes to work...

Flying around the garden to find viable acorns, she carries them back one by one, placing them aside the stones, but far enough awa so when they grew old tey would only shroud the memorial. Carefully stepping the distance, she dug small rents in the grass and planted them. Six in all she placed, three aside. Behind it, a lone pine sapling pushed forth toward the sky. One day soon, this memorial will be shaded and shrouded and show its place of honor among the great memories of TORC.
RavenTinuviel
Ranger of the North

Postby Terry D » Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:38 am

(wondering why, when we dig up some old threads, the first post is missing?)

"Lingering Listener"

listen slowly, caressing each word,
hearing one spoken, the others are heard,
linger behind, caressing, as others will follow,
finger each letter, fulfilling, message fills hollow,
listen for meaning in one word, others dance on,
as one word is spoken, embrace, arm in arm,
with that singular moment, spoken and sure,
when one word becomes more, enticing allure,
now listen, dear heart, pause, reverently reflect,
each word has its message, hidden, glistening wet.
Terry D
Ringbearer

Postby RavenTinuviel » Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:10 pm

It is a puzzle of Mystery dear Terry, for I thought Orald started this thread. Beautiful poem! :)
RavenTinuviel
Ranger of the North

Postby Terry D » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:35 am

Oh Raven,.. delicious, recovery hugs and kisses for you...

There were several Gardens, one started by Orald, the other ones were Terry Duhs, I think.

Yeah, the archived threads seem to be missing the first post. Orald's initial nonsense, seems lost to posterity.

As much as I'd LOVE to linger and caress you dearest Raven, I heard a troubling rumor. Did anyone see Vlheid, lately? I heard he popped into the Butterfly Garden, doing a second rate Johnny Storm impersonation. Can't seem to find that hot head and his bag-o-goodies anywhere???

This is for you Raven, and for Vlheid too,.. Flame On!
Terry D
Ringbearer

Postby RavenTinuviel » Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:41 am

I have to say Terry Dear is I was off stumbling my way through the "wayback machine" web archive and I crashed into the original post for this thread by Orald! I thought I copy/pasted it to a word document but it too seems to have gotten lost. Alas, I could not find it again in the time tunnel.

Which brings us to the magic of Oralds thread here... His first post can not be seen, and this thread can not be seen on the pages! I only get here because I saved its link in my favorites.

I shiver as I shimmer through the rain so hard
life seems so simple, waning, scarred
autumn leaf falls, memory jarred
and I smile, and walk, life is not so hard
RavenTinuviel
Ranger of the North

Postby Arwen740 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:54 pm

Ah, could this be???? the Butterfly Garden of OLD? I'm so very happy to have found you all. You wonderful, beautiful, huggable writers. I have missed you all and am enjoying re-reading your words.
Arwen740
Ranger of the North

Postby tuile » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:40 am

Arwen!!!!!! :shock:
:D:D:D:D:D SOOO wonderful to see you!!! :) :hug: :happydance: :yippie:
Do so hope all is well with you!!
And to see you here in the Butterfly Garden.. :):) wowzers.. :D
And goodness, yes this IS the Butterfly Garden of old!!! WOW!!! :D All those names!!! :D:D

A much belated howdy to you too Raven!! :):D :hug:

And lovely Terry D!! :hug: :hihi:

Happy butterfly hugs all around :):)
tuile
Mariner

Postby Arwen740 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:04 am

And finally, after all these years, we will be moving back to California. And I will return to the mountains that I call home to wander and dream. Yes, for me it will be a return home, though I was born in the South. Blessings all, I shall always remember the garden.
Arwen740
Ranger of the North

Postby RavenTinuviel » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:38 am

That is wonderful Arwen! :)

Raven fluttered from shadow to shadow, with the moonless night embracing the garden. Far away start strained to throw their light down, and only a wisp of darkness could be seen moving about under the trees. It was a time for lament for Raven, and only the embrace of this garden of Butterflies could bring her solace...
RavenTinuviel
Ranger of the North

Re: Butterfly Garden - 100 Post Fair

Postby RavenTinuviel » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:29 am

It is so peaceful here... I have been sleeping too long. I should awaken and arise, but I keep sleeping...
RavenTinuviel
Ranger of the North

Postby rwhen » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:49 am

rwhen stooped to pluck a crimson rose, the scent had called to her, pulling her forward as she gazed about in wonder. On both sides of the Butterfly Garden walkway, numerous varieties of every summer blooming flower stood proudly calling to visitors. The outside world was gray and cold...but not so in the Garden. A rustle of the bushes and then a tiny spotted fawn shyly stumbled onto the sandy walk. Huge black eyes turned to rwhen and then the little golden body turned to stone, frozen in time. "Do not worry little one," she whispered, "nothing nor any one will hurt you in this place." The fawn relaxed just long enough for the doe to come up from behind and nose her through to the other side of the path. They disappeared through the foliage almost as silently as they had appeared. She tossed back her long blonde hair and laughed at the total enjoyment and abandon she always felt when visiting the Garden.

Water. The tall, slim elf heard the splashing of water. The next turn on the path opened onto a circular clearing. Stones had been set in the grass and they were displayed round and around to the center like a giant mosaic daring one to follow. A fountain playfully gurgled up through the top of a structure that had crystal butterflies of all colors dancing from bottom to the apex which teasingly seemed to spout "come play, come play". The trees that lined the clearing were full of ripe magnolia flowers, perfuming the air without overpowering and beneath were baskets of fresh exotic fruits. Mango, papaya, guava, plantains and melon designed to delight and please the palette. rwhen scooped up a smallish fruit with a magenta rind that she had never seen before. Sitting on the edge of the fountain, she found that she was able to coax the skin off with purple juices running down to her elbows. The fruit segmented and finally, lifting it gingerly to her lips...she savored the first taste. The flavour was that of mixed berries with a slight tang. One bite soon became another and the entire fruit was taken in, leaving her wanting more.

Clearing her head, she recalled why she had entered the Garden. It was to find her lost mates Raven, Arwen, Tuile and Terry D. Had they all been gone so very long or was it they just took a different turning on the path? She had to continue forward.

Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Time out of Mind, forever bound to my Knight Ayslhyn

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever :hug:
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby RavenTinuviel » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:42 pm

Sleeping.... Lost.... in the dark dreams of destiny. To have it be different would be an answered wish, but that luxury does not exist. The darkness that surrounds the sadness that was and is refuses to part, and so I sleep on.

But what is this? A spark? A light? The darkness cannot withstand the ever growing life that is my joy! Yes, the darkness is clearing, and it sets free the sleeping Raven, and she experiences joy once again.

To experience the beauty of the garden, to smell the heather and jasmine, to see the bees in flight and to hear the sounds of the waterfall. The pools below it beckons with crystal spray and a soothing song, and the cool wind ripples around the Raven as she slides into the water. Wake up now gramma...
RavenTinuviel
Ranger of the North

Previous

Return to Role Playing: The Green Dragon Inn (Tolkien-Influenced Fantasy)