Sighing Softly to the River Comes the Loving Breeze... (OOC)

This forum is for role-playing within settings that influenced Tolkien (non-Middle-earth). Acceptable styles include for Celtic, Norse, Kalevala, Arthurian, and Anglo-Saxon.

Sighing Softly to the River Comes the Loving Breeze... (OOC)

Postby Martin the Warrior » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:10 pm

Welcome, to a medieval RP, the year is 1492, Columbus has just sailed for the New World, Henry VII has just won his throne, and your character is about to set out on perhaps a quest, fall in love, or has just married a cruel and vicious Count. (Actually it's my character who wants to do all of the above.) I got the idea from a song I heard.

So here are the details:

1492 Medieval England
An Evil Count (I'm still deciding on his name)
Rosamund (my character see below in example of form for a character for details)
The count's castle:

Characters in RP:
An Evil Count (Still deciding on name unless some one wants to play him)
Rosamund

Character ideas (those found typically in a medival castle):
Guards (i.e. knights/squires/bowmen/etc.)
Minstrels (wandering music men/women)
Gypsy's
Men/Women of the cloth (monks/nuns/abbots/abbesses/etc...)
Count's Brothers/Sisters or Rosamund's brothers/sisters

Character Form:

Name of Character: Rosamund
Username(s): Martin the Warrior
Brief Description: Fair complexion, pale blue eyes, and dark chestnut brown hair.
Brief history: Stuck in an arranged marriage from the age of 14/15 (she's now 17. Her husband the Count is a horrible man, and she has the bruises to prove it. She may fall in love to some one else, if anyone was decent enough came along.

(If anything is not canonically sound that I've put please let me know)

RULES:
As with all RPs your character may not:
Have Sex (If you and another character want to do this take it to the private messages.) You may say that they went together into a bedroom-but no further.
No swearing (you can say things like bloody idiot, but not things like the F-word)
No first person example: I walked into the room everyone stared at me and I thought to myself, "Did I forget to put my pants back on?"
-You get the idea, however if let's say your character is having a dream, you may use the first person.
No killing off a characters that aren't you're own, please ask nicely first.
If for some reason you cannot post for an extended amount of time, please let everyone know, don't assume.
If you have to leave the RP either kill off your own character or have them go away from the story. If leave your character to others to look after some thing bad might happen to them (as with all characters left to their own devices.)
You may have more than one character, but no more than three, if you wish to create more than that please ask. This does not have anything to do with side characters that you may interact with, if one of these characters though becomes a main character, please let us know.

I think that's all the rules I can think of needing to mention other than remember everything has to fit into the rules of the board.

So, hopefully we can get started with the story soon.
Martin the Warrior
Rider of the Mark

Postby Lebasi » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:13 pm

I might be interested in this RP. I don't have any characters or anything now though. Can I come back later?

I don't have to have a vast knowledge of the time period do I? Just a reasonable one?
Lebasi
Ranger of the North

Postby Martin the Warrior » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:20 pm

Lebasi said:
I might be interested in this RP. I don't have any characters or anything now though. Can I come back later?

I don't have to have a vast knowledge of the time period do I? Just a reasonable one?

Sure and Yes and Yes.
Martin the Warrior
Rider of the Mark

Postby Lebasi » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:26 am

OK :)

Name of Character: Leif
Username(s): Lebasi
Brief Description: Dark hair and eyes and skin that is olive, but on the fairer side (if that makes sense). Is becoming reasonably handsome but is still young so not fully grown to his potential.
Brief history: Arrived alone at Rosamund's residence when young (probably about 6 or 7) and worked in the stables when he was old enough (probably not the one she fell in love with unless you want me to change it because he's too young). When Rosamund married went with her as one of her servants to the Count's castle. Very little known of him before he met her.
Age: Somewhere between 10 and 14, either him, me or both is unsure.

How about that? It's not very developed and I might well need to change it because it makes him quite involved with your character already and assumes some stuff about your character, so sorry if I've got some stuff wrong. But if you're OK with it, I'll use him.
Last edited by Lebasi on Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lebasi
Ranger of the North

Postby Martin the Warrior » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:14 am

Sure, that works for me, go right on in and get started.
Martin the Warrior
Rider of the Mark

Postby Lebasi » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:08 pm

OK, great.

Oh and how well do you want your character to know mine? Because I'll need to write about what I know about you and stuff.
Lebasi
Ranger of the North

Postby Martin the Warrior » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:24 pm

I think that at least for now, he might be the only real friend she has in the castle. At least the only one that really knows what's going on with her.

I'm open for any idea's you have as well.
Martin the Warrior
Rider of the Mark

Postby Lebasi » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:28 pm

OK, I'm happy with that. My post doesn't reflect that exactly (I hadn't seen this when I did it), but it works alright (and I hope it reads alright too) and we could develop him finding out and stuff. Oh, and if you want to take him up to the tower or something to talk to you in your next post that's fine.
Lebasi
Ranger of the North

Postby Martin the Warrior » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:14 am

Don't worry about, I'm flexible with the storyline.
Martin the Warrior
Rider of the Mark

Postby Lebasi » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:52 pm

:D

You didn't mind me getting Leif to see Rosamund's face did you? I'm fine if you wanted to keep him not knowing, but it seemed like a good idea to me.
Lebasi
Ranger of the North

Postby Martin the Warrior » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:00 pm

No, I don't mind him, it was just in that case with the maid I choose for her not to show the maid what had happened.
Martin the Warrior
Rider of the Mark

Postby Lebasi » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:39 pm

Oh good. :D . By the way, sorry if my last few posts read like a load of crazy waffle, they felt really weird when I was writing them and I haven't read them (I probably should have).

OK, I don't know why I posted that, but never mind.
Lebasi
Ranger of the North

Postby Martin the Warrior » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:48 pm

Sorry I haven't written since Friday, but my muse is not coming to me right now, I will post really soon I hope.
Martin the Warrior
Rider of the Mark

Postby Lebasi » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:16 pm

That's OK, I don't mind you not posting for a bit.

Maybe it will help me to sort my posts out and stop them feeling like random waffle when I write them...
Lebasi
Ranger of the North

Return to Role Playing: The Green Dragon Inn (Tolkien-Influenced Fantasy)