Fall of Giants OOC

This forum is for role-playing within settings that influenced Tolkien (non-Middle-earth). Acceptable styles include for Celtic, Norse, Kalevala, Arthurian, and Anglo-Saxon.

Fall of Giants OOC

Postby Adara » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:52 am

Ok, so I'm really new, but the rps in the Pony are scaring me off with the sheer amount of Tolkien knowledge you seem to need, so I thought I'd have a look over here and found hardly any rps actually running! So I figured I'd start one.

Here's my idea, if you like the sound of it, post a character bio and when there's a couple of us, we can start IC.

Set in a a fantasy world, much like Middle Earth, races Elves, Men, Dwarves and anything similar you may like to add. Magic must be subtke and believable - please no mind control or summoning huge armies of demons to saughter everyone! I like to idea of leaving it fairly free race and geography wise and see where it goes. The kingdom of Sarad is split by the recent death of its aged king leaving no living heir. Lords are plotting and merchants are scheming, and the common folk who have been dominated for many generations are raising their own challenges and forces to take the throne for themselves.

The story will start in a tavern (don't they all) in a small village. The word has been passed around that a meeting will take place for those who wish to somehow challenge the throne and prevent another dictator king from assuming it. Anyone noble or common is welcome at the meeting. Please think about where we could take this - character who like to plt and scheme are great as are those with big swords! ;)

Briefly for now, my character is a woman of the village. Her husband has died recently in the troubles leaving her with two small sons who she wants to grow up in a free and peaceful society.
Adara
Petitioner to the Council

Re: Fall of Giants OOC

Postby Martin the Warrior » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:21 am

Sounds cool, I wish I had more time on my hands, I'd love to be a part of it, so, well, here I go:

Name: Martin Marvelle
Race: Human Female
Magic: Ordinary variety (simple spells and incantations)
History: Seventh daughter, of a seventh daughter, of the seventh daughter, naturally this gives her simple magic skills. Left alone in the world at a young age, (her family was killed in a fire that destroyed her entire village.) Since then she has worked as Tavern Maid-of-all-work. She has rough manners but is a hard worker, and is always willing to learn more, specifically where it comes to her magic skills, she knows she could be great.
Martin the Warrior
Rider of the Mark

Re: Fall of Giants OOC

Postby siddharth » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:36 am

This is my first time. please help when i need some.

Here I go.

Name- Erenior Elfhelm

Race- Elf from Rivendell ( Male )

weapon- Elven bow and arrows. Also expert in using a short sword named Tinurion ( Beast Cleaver )

Magic- Can heal physical and psychological wounds

Appearance- Long brown hair, fair ( as most elves look like )

History- Son of the legendary Elrohir, son of Elrond of Rivendell and Eleanor of Lothlorien. My age is around 1000 years, and among
elves, I'm quite young. I like the woods of Lothlorien more than my father's house in Rivendell. I'm gentle and calm and hve very good eyesight and hearing. My shooting is also spot on. However, once I get angry, I cannot keep calm and miss my shot. It takes days to pacify my anger. I try to be peaceful whenever fights can be prevented. I'm bit selfish and lazy. However, due to lack of any exciting adventures and due to the feud between the King and the Wood-elves, I've decided to join the company.
siddharth
Ranger of the North

Return to Role Playing: The Green Dragon Inn (Tolkien-Influenced Fantasy)