The Cowgirl

This forum is for role-playing within settings that influenced Tolkien (non-Middle-earth). Acceptable styles include for Celtic, Norse, Kalevala, Arthurian, and Anglo-Saxon.

Postby green_sleeves » Sat Jun 09, 2001 8:13 pm

"Hot day to be branding!" one man said.<BR> "Yeah, I just hope that elf girl knows what she doin'," another said. She walked over after making a good bonfire and stickin' the irons deep in the hot coals. <BR> "Well, fella's," Drealene said to the men. "It looks like all we need now are a few good ropers and we'll be goin' like Hell. We might even get done before lunch!" She patted them on the back and then walked over to the few Darves who had joined her.<BR> "Yep, all we gota do is wait for the calf to be down on the ground and then we walk over and put a brand on em'," one dwarf said lookin' at the men.<BR> "Yeah, and then we check'em fer horns, and if they have any we get the iron with the bell thing on the end and burn off the horns," another said looking at the Elf.<BR> "Very good, looks like you guys can handle it then," Drealene walked off to look for some ropers. She found two men horseback with their ropes hangin' down. "Well, I think we're ready for you two to start. I think they would like to get done before lunch."<BR> "Yeah, I wonder what the women folk are cookin' up fer lunch today?" one said.<BR> "Yeah me too, hay why ain't you helpin' um in the kitchen?" the other said lookin down at the Elf girl.<BR> She ignored it and walked over to find her wrestlin' partner as the branding began. Meanwhile back at the Ranch. . . or where ever. . .<BR> <BR><BR>OCC- Ok here is an odd story for ME but someone had to take care of the ranchin' while everyone else was at war. Yeh know what I mean? So please Join in. Any questions about whats goin on feel free to ask.
green_sleeves
Shield Bearer

Postby Elf_Sheen » Sun Jun 10, 2001 4:44 pm

"Ha ha ha! Well then, I think while there down there branding we'll steel us a few of these beefy cattle!" Shane was looking over a rock downa mountain side at the branding. A few orcs stood with the elf and waited for orders.<BR> "Well, lets see here, you two go over there and then I'll bring my horse around so I can trail them back to our hide out, I'll meet you there in a few hours."<BR> "Why can't we just pack them off?" on orc objested.<BR> "Because if you pack them off they will know it was orcs, if we do it this why they'll just think it was cattle rustlers (thieves) see?"<BR>The orcs grunted and did as they were all told as the girl mounted her tall black horse, Lemeen, and started to drive the cattle away.<BR><BR><BR>
Elf_Sheen
Ranger of the North

Postby green_sleeves » Mon Jun 11, 2001 2:52 pm

The branding was finished by lunch and all the men stod around and talked after that. Lunch was great, as always, but Drealene din't have time to lounge. She was back outside and saddling her horse when her mother came over.<BR> "O Drealene, why can't you stay for a while longer? I will be going back to the Mountain soon, and I d=so wish to get to talk to you before I leave. Every since you came to Dale to help the men I havn't heard or see you for weeks. Why can't you stay and talk like the others?" <BR> "O mother, why must yuo fret? I'm sorry but I have work to do. Besides if I stay and chat the cattle will wander and then it will take me twice as long to trail them to the Summer Pasture. Don't worry Mum, I'll be home soon and then we can talk all we want." <BR>Drealene bent down and kissed the dwarf on the cheek, then turned, mounted and rode away. The dwarf began to cry. Her adopted daughter was getting farther and farther away from home everyday. She knew there was nothing she could do to stop it but it saddend er heart so.<BR>--------------------------<BR> Dealen rode on a ways thinking about the cattle and how many there should be. She could see the catle clearly from where she was. They hadn't spread out to bad. She got back on her horse as they startd the cattle down the meadow to the gate. It was going to be a long ride up into the mountains, the pasture the cattle were to go in allready had 50 some cattle in it and Drealene had to make sure everyone of them was there.
green_sleeves
Shield Bearer

Postby Hyramendaciel » Fri Jun 15, 2001 4:32 pm

Shae, a young elf came trotting in on her horse. She got got off and tied her horse to the fence, where some of the range horses were kept, and loosend the sinch on her saddle. Then, walked up to Drealenes front door. Drealenes mother answered the door and said "Drealene left at lunch after the branding was over. She went to trail cows up the mountain and wont be back for a while." Drealenes mother had a worried look on her face and then said with a weak smile "Won't you stay for a cup of tea?" " I can't stay. I am so very sorry, but I have to catch up to your daughter," Shae said bending down to give the dwarf a package containing a golden and copper braclet. the dwarf opened the package and what she saw amazed her. "How did you..... Where did....," the dwarf started. Shae cut her off "I found it underneath the floor boards of my grandmothers old house along with a few other treasures my grandmother kept hidden. I thought you might like it because my mother died when I was born, as you know, and your the second close to a mother. I brote Drealene something too." Shae kissed the dwarf on the top of her head. She turned and walked to where she had left her horse, tightened her sinch, got on her wonderful steed, and trotted off in the direction she knew Drealene had taken......
Hyramendaciel
Rider of the Mark

Postby green_sleeves » Fri Jun 15, 2001 4:50 pm

Drealene put the cows threw the gate to the mountain pasture and then got off her horse to check the fence. She looked down the mountain and noticed a white horse with a rider loping down the meadow she had gathered in. She could see with her fine elven eyes that it was a girl and then she knew who it was.<BR> "Shae has come to help us Tir-na-nog," she said to her horse and smiled. "It will be nice to have company with me." <BR> With that she closed the gate, hid her horse, ad waited for her friend.
green_sleeves
Shield Bearer

Postby Hyramendaciel » Fri Jun 15, 2001 5:16 pm

Shae came trotting up the hillside looking closely for a tall bauetiful sorrel horse. She looked and looked and thought Drealene must have rode on but the cows were fenced in the pasture to the left.... She couldnt figure out what was going on.......
Hyramendaciel
Rider of the Mark

Postby green_sleeves » Fri Jun 15, 2001 5:26 pm

Sudenly a figure was standing beside Shae.<BR> "Well met friend," Drealene said to the elf, who was so startled she jumped.<BR> "Why, Drealen I found you at last, or rather you found me."they laughed a moment. "I can with urgent knews form King Thranduil and a little soemthing for you. What are you doing all the way up here? It hought you were working closer to home nowadays?"<BR> "O Well, you know me. Always on the move and never in the same place twice. Will you come with me? I have to ride threw here and make sure there are so many cows in here and that the fence is good. Will you join me??"
green_sleeves
Shield Bearer

Postby Elf_Sheen » Fri Jun 15, 2001 11:26 pm

Shane Elfsheen had just gotten the 58 head of cattle through the gate whn she heard voices, she looked aroung and then proceded carefully to the cave where they would take the cattle undergrond and then slowly ack to Mordor. <BR> "you guys take care of the cattle while I go back up and have a look aroung, alright? And now eating them, they're best beef stock for the Dark Lord himself, and his faithfull servants."<BR> The orcs grumbled but took the orders and were soon on thier way. Shane got back on her horse and sped away to a hill top were she could see what was goin on. She knew if she was caught it would mean trouble when she got back home, but she would be smarter and more cunning then that. She loked over the land and saw two elves, both female, riding along the fence. her fair elven eyes could see that they were talking merrily as they went.<BR><BR> "Fools," she thought to herself and smiled. "They won't know what to think when they find that thier cattle are missing."<BR> <BR>With that Shane got back on her horse and rode down the mountain towards Dale. She would get a quick drink and then be on her way.
Elf_Sheen
Ranger of the North

Postby Hyramendaciel » Sun Jun 17, 2001 10:03 am

Shae said interupting Drealene, "I just say something go over that hilltop."<BR>"Maybe it was some of the cattle going over that hill," Drealene suggested.<BR>"No, it was too large and too fast!"<BR>"well lets go check it out. Shall we?"<BR>"We shall." Shae said eagerly........
Hyramendaciel
Rider of the Mark

Postby green_sleeves » Tue Jun 19, 2001 8:37 pm

AS they rode Drealene kept a look out for the 58 head of cattle, she didn't see them but that didn't mean they weren't there.<BR> "You don't dee any other cattle around do you Shae??" she asked, but she had a erie feeling they wern't there.
green_sleeves
Shield Bearer

Postby Hyramendaciel » Wed Jun 20, 2001 8:33 am

"I dont see anything but miles of rough country, Shae said as she urged her great steed,Tel-sati-ana, to go faster. He lunged forward as they reacheda cave where there were fresh tracks of cattle. "I do believe we have rustlers Drealene.......................
Hyramendaciel
Rider of the Mark

Return to Role Playing: The Green Dragon Inn (Tolkien-Influenced Fantasy)