Butterfly Garden - 100 Post Fair

This forum is for role-playing within settings that influenced Tolkien (non-Middle-earth). Acceptable styles include for Celtic, Norse, Kalevala, Arthurian, and Anglo-Saxon.

Postby Lady Galadriel » Sun Oct 22, 2000 1:55 pm

Changed my mind. After all, who knows when shall we have such an oportunity as this one. Besides, I shoul have sometime this week at work to send a few messages and save connection time at home. <BR><BR>So, I will stick around for a time.
Lady Galadriel
Shield Bearer

Postby Terry D » Sun Oct 22, 2000 1:56 pm

Good night, sweet princess... dream of children singing to the moon, dancing with the stars...
Terry D
Ringbearer

Postby Terry D » Sun Oct 22, 2000 1:58 pm

I'm soooo flabberghasted that I am repeating meself!!! See what a lovely woman's whim may do to a man... turn a brawny brawler into a blubbering boy!!!
Terry D
Ringbearer

Postby Terry D » Sun Oct 22, 2000 2:09 pm

I'll try not to wax too poetic, I realize I can get pathetically poetical. But, it is amazing how the moment I chose to re-vivify the original,.. carefully wrap the artifice of Orald, and place him in a comfortable antique sea-chest, to languidly laze the winter in my attic,.. you were there!!! VERY apropriate!! <BR><BR>Gotta go the computer is red-lining and I must attend!!! Getting phone calls from various heads of departments!!! Mini-crisis!!! But have no fear... Orald's near!<BR><BR>Soon, <BR><BR>T
Terry D
Ringbearer

Postby Lady Galadriel » Sun Oct 22, 2000 2:14 pm

This is so much fun! You see, the only inconvenience about this transcendent connection is that it takes so much time to get or send a message. <BR><BR>My advantage, though, is that I can "get a smoke" without leaving the room. On the other hand, I tend to take too many of them while at the computer. <BR><BR>Please, If you find that I am not responding for some time, do not worry - it keeps throwing me off - high traffic hour as the telephone charge is lower.<BR><BR>I'd love to be in a hotter country than mine. I have a dream about ite Isle of Malaga. Just wine, sun and sea. Here it is either too hot, or too cold, and I haven't decided as yet which I hate most. (Do not worry, it is not that bad, but I am "complainable" by nature, and also under the influence of the sleepy god and I also have a considerable amount of orange-juice in my system. Not as bad as the alcohol stuff, but it gets you from time to time.)
Lady Galadriel
Shield Bearer

Postby Lady Galadriel » Sun Oct 22, 2000 2:18 pm

Ok... now...go to bed....I am soooo sleepy I might fall over the computer and....<BR><BR>nhmjujyhjhyyyibhy<BR><BR>this happens when your head hits the keyboard. Luckily I have a small head and an ergonomic keyboard. <BR><BR>Bye! and thank you!
Lady Galadriel
Shield Bearer

Postby Terry D » Sun Oct 22, 2000 2:22 pm

LOL, ergonomic head-banging,... sounds like geriatric punk rockers!!! The Isle of Malagaaaaaa...... uuummmmmmmmmm, yummmyyyyy!!!<BR><BR>Soft dreams, ethereal one....
Terry D
Ringbearer

Postby Terry D » Sun Oct 22, 2000 2:37 pm

Oh, by the by, Lady G. You and your family still have a standing invitation to come visit us,.. our succulent Louisiana bayou night air is captivating.... My hand is here typing, but, when you appear, most definately I would love to extend it for a "good shake". My home is yours...<BR><BR>Oh, yeah, and by the by the by, stop by Vlheid's Mushroom for another strawberry Daiquiri!!!
Terry D
Ringbearer

Postby Genuvere » Mon Oct 23, 2000 9:04 pm

wow, and it became so real in this garden of dreams, but the happiness abounded and there was much love and friendship in the air. Genuvere lay in the grass and melted into the sky.
Genuvere
Ranger of the North

Postby Terry D » Tue Oct 24, 2000 4:26 am

The chasm betwixt Faery and Real is far less than most imagine... It is perspective, the focus of sense and reason which defines which realm one resides. Faery logic, for some, is unreal, ruled with lawless abandon. Yet, the forest of the mind may attune perception to discover in Faery that which is truly natural... The universe where Faeries dwell, is a land of living, an extension of the immortal, for some imaginative for others magic....<BR><BR>Lady Galadriel revealed a cathedral within her presence. This sanctum perceived behind the mask, to open the fair,.. The mask dissipated, until a soothing relaxation gentles those who kneel in her sanctuary. Feel how smooth and tender, you are in a cave of water, you are soothed in skin and soul... you see behind the mask... shut your eyes to opening....<BR><BR>For Lady Gen, this moment was forever. The cathedral that was Galadriel, was a home of delicate emotion and intense sensibilities. This moment was Present only. Its creatures were passionate, giving their entire selves entirely to whatever they do. Genuvere was such a liberated soul. Her moment was not dulled by hope nor regret, she was Present alive!<BR><BR>In this Now, this Present, Galadriel represented a gift of crystal walls, gilded floors and mitril columns. Seashells decorated with fixtures of candelight. Ornaments of great pearls, curtains of glistening diamonds and rubies, partitioned the immense chambers. Within Galadriel, a host, a cavern, a cathedrel of revelation....<BR><BR>The Ladies Galadriel and Genuvere journeyed in that Evening Cavern. The sun had joined with mountain's edge, etching a golden flame where earth met sky. Distant music from the Last Hill, relieved all fatigues. The Lady friends sped through forest glen, over flowered hillocks, and arrived upon that last hill. The moon had met them there, full faced, shimmering. In Luna's glow the two companions witnessed an incredible display. Below the hill a valley spread. Daisies and heather were its carpet. On this fertile floor innumerable little folk were dancing in song! The music was distant no longer. The songs resounded from thousands of happy voices, echoed over valley, surrounded and entered Galadriel and Genuvere. The Ladies danced..<BR><BR>Genuvere awoke into a comforting slumber. She returned to the Butterfly Garden soothed with the deeper realization that her life was now much more than it had ever been. Galadriel closed the circle as a silver, braided belt....
Terry D
Ringbearer

Postby Genuvere » Tue Oct 24, 2000 10:15 am

Genuvere fely refreshed and fullfilled as she arose. The rainbow beamed bright and the rain fell lightly as she stood and danced about the field. The grasshopper flew by in a hurried flight as the mosquito circled nearby searching for its barstool. The freedom of the Butterfly Garden was ever encompassing and Genuvere would hold to it with her outstretched arms.
Genuvere
Ranger of the North

Postby Lady Galadriel » Thu Oct 26, 2000 3:16 pm

Sweet and most dear friends, for now, the little Lady Gala is tired, but most happy. She wishes to rest a while and dream along with you. For she has seen, last night, a sleepless night following a tireing day, how miracles of the most simple nature happen. <BR><BR>She had seen with her own eyes how the deepest pain brings the most wonderfull things. The lady has two young friends to whom she is also the wedding god-mother (I do not know if this is the right word, orthodox christians also have godparents at their wedding, not only at baptism, and it is usually the custom that they will be the god-parents of their children). Now, her friends have a baby, and the Lady G. has assisted the birth of their child. I have a little soon-to-be-god-son! <BR><BR>I am afraid the language has gotten out of my hands. To put it in simpler words, as the father of the child was not allowed, due to some stupid hospital regulations, to be present, I was the one to hold her hand when she delivered. I know it shouldn't be so much of a shock - after all I have given birth to a baby myself only two years ago - but to see from afar, it is quite a different experience. I already feel I love this baby and his parents as if they were my own children. (funny, too, for the father is actually two years older than me). In a few minutes, at 1:50 AM eastern european time, the baby will be ONE DAY OLD. But I am going to hit the pillow a little before that, for I am dead tired. I just wanted to share it with you, even if it is a little out-of-tune. But then, is it? Still a little bit of the magic that surrounds us!<BR><BR>good night!
Lady Galadriel
Shield Bearer

Postby Lady Galadriel » Thu Oct 26, 2000 3:20 pm

Sweet and most dear friends, for now, the little Lady Gala is tired, but most happy. She wishes to rest a while and dream along with you. For she has seen, last night, a sleepless night following a tireing day, how miracles of the most simple nature happen. <BR><BR>She had seen with her own eyes how the deepest pain brings the most wonderfull things. The lady has two young friends to whom she is also the wedding god-mother (I do not know if this is the right word, orthodox christians also have godparents at their wedding, not only at baptism, and it is usually the custom that they will be the god-parents of their children). Now, her friends have a baby, and the Lady G. has assisted the birth of their child. I have a little soon-to-be-god-son! <BR><BR>I am afraid the language has gotten out of my hands. To put it in simpler words, as the father of the child was not allowed, due to some stupid hospital regulations, to be present, I was the one to hold her hand when she delivered. I know it shouldn't be so much of a shock - after all I have given birth to a baby myself only two years ago - but to see from afar, it is quite a different experience. I already feel I love this baby and his parents as if they were my own children. (funny, too, for the father is actually two years older than me). In a few minutes, at 1:50 AM eastern european time, the baby will be ONE DAY OLD. But I am going to hit the pillow a little before that, for I am dead tired. I just wanted to share it with you, even if it is a little out-of-tune. But then, is it? Still a little bit of the magic that surrounds us!<BR><BR>good night!
Lady Galadriel
Shield Bearer

Postby Terry D » Mon Oct 30, 2000 5:26 am

Orald slept in the warmth of cocoon bliss... he dreamt of daisy chains, when friends remain,.. he sang of woman so sublime... "Congrats mid-wife, you are there to foster life!"
Terry D
Ringbearer

Postby Terry D » Mon Nov 06, 2000 4:58 am

Orald entwined with subliminal apprehensions.... A peripheral awareness lingered. His cocooned companions were disguised with a detachment. Were there any?
Terry D
Ringbearer

Postby Terry D » Mon Nov 13, 2000 5:32 am

Two-head Tonney, stepped unexpectedly into the Butterfly Garden. he looked around, took on the appearance of a confused man, then exited the delightful scenario as a prison escapee would a dungeon....
Terry D
Ringbearer

Postby Genuvere » Mon Nov 13, 2000 10:50 am

Genuvere looked around at the Butterfly Garden and smiled slightly. The depression and anxiety she had been in for over a week had finally succumbed to the the relaxation of the fantasy of the garden. She lay sprawled in the grass breathing heavily the fragrance of the Butterfly Garden, losing herself to her dreams.
Genuvere
Ranger of the North

Postby Lady Galadriel » Mon Nov 13, 2000 4:06 pm

Oh Dear, Oh my, It does get like this sometimes in Lorien, that time is either too slow or too fast. You fall asleep under a Mallorn tree, and when you wake up you discover that a lot of time has just slipped away. There are, definitelly too few hours in a day, and the most fruitful part of them is spent sleeping. On the other hand, sleeping is dreaming, and dreaming is living....<BR><BR>Lady Galadriel has become a little bit too uncoherent. It might be the effect of an unexpectedly long autumn making her long for walks in the park. Perhaps she should also lie down, beside the delicate Lady Genuvere, and try to relax a little in the shade of the trees.
Lady Galadriel
Shield Bearer

Postby Genuvere » Tue Nov 14, 2000 9:58 am

Genuvere in her dream reached over and held the hand of the fair Lady Galadriel and together they relaxed in thought.
Genuvere
Ranger of the North

Postby Terry D » Wed Nov 15, 2000 6:43 am

Morning came and dawn's delight was the gentelest of rain.... The moonlight faded with dawn embrace, yet, moonbeams lingered to dance, entwined with dew. The meadow grass sparkled, in evervescent hues. Fairy's sat beside flower and mossy stone and filled the air with quiet applause.<BR><BR>Four fairy knights and a fairy maid, nestled under a toadstool table to dry their wispy wings. With five voices fair, these huddling spirits sang of Galadriel and Genuvere. "Not foolish child desire,.. never too cold to long with fire,.. to roar the firey chorus of Sun,.. to soar with hope of moonbeam's dance neverdone,.. to mingle with those who rule the sky,.. and sometimes seem to never die...."<BR><BR>The ebbing night was evidenced with lingering stars strolling casually in the velvet curtain of the west. The dawn paused allowing its starry cousins a moment to wrap their wings of soft light with the velveteen cape of twilight. Fairy voices sang of Galadriel and Genuvere's mastery of magedom,.. how truth, eternity resided within twin hearts.<BR><BR>Both Genuvere and Galadriel languished in unspoken dream,.. to show others the way to embrace the day,.. with tapestries of loving rhyme,.. and halls that heal elemental time. Yes, truth and fire are in their hearts,.. sharing dreams of anticipation, with sweet lover's felicitations....
Terry D
Ringbearer

Postby Terry D » Wed Nov 22, 2000 11:22 am

Breeze , the quixotic fairy, fluttered her wings expectantly. Her visits to the Butterfly Garden were usually more of a casual, convivial nature,.. but, today she was looking for someone. To and fro, fro and to she flitted purposefully. Dodging butterflies, zooming through blossums,.. stopping occasionally to sip a smidgeon of nectar. She could find her friend in none of the normally frequented spots. Not by the lily spring, nor the fountain,.. not under the dogwood canopy, neither in the rose garden, daisy bed, nor even the chocolate-dipped cherry factory!!! Where could she be???
Terry D
Ringbearer

Postby Hunter » Sat Nov 25, 2000 1:32 am

‘Tis now the time of the Snow Moon, and the first snowfall of the season is falling lightly against the dark velvet softness of the night sky. The first snow is full of magic as the sparkling flakes drift down into the Butterfly Garden, waking the snow faeries and ice pixies. <BR><BR>A woman enters slowly into a clearing ringed by tall snow frosted evergreens. The snow has ended and the light from the moon peeks from behind the wispy clouds as they dissolve into the clearing night sky. Cautiously, she walks barefoot across the sparkling white pristine snow that blankets the clearing, hating to mar its surface with her footprints, and makes her way to a small tree stump rising out of the snow near the center. The gauzy white dress floats around her as if she were dressed in the moonbeams that fill the air. Seating herself on the stump, a sudden gust of wind swirls around her and across the snow, erasing the marks she had left. The wind has sent a fine shower of snow into the air, leaving as suddenly as it came, letting the snow sparkle down around her, landing in her long brown hair like jewels caught in a fine silken net. Hunter laughed softly in delight, catching a few flakes in her hands, only to have them melt against her warm skin. Her laughter brought the snow faeries, which danced in the air around her, filling her with wonder and delight.<BR><BR> <BR>
Hunter
Ranger of the North

Postby Genuvere » Mon Nov 27, 2000 1:33 am

Genuvere arose from the snow in a dress of snowflakes, her silver-white hair flowed out in the wind. She danced in circles with the snow faeries as she gloried in the beautiful scenery of the snowy landscape. She stepped about and made no footprints, but felt at peace in the Butterfly Garden.
Genuvere
Ranger of the North

Postby Lady Galadriel » Mon Nov 27, 2000 3:32 am

Lady Galadriel is now fully awake and looks dangerously tall and white. She has just realised that dreaming and longing is so good, it can make one forget. <BR><BR>" This garden is so beautiful and full of love, but outside... Outside the orcs are packing their arms and getting close. This is an interesting question. The things we do not like, those we may choose to avoid or to ignore. Does that stop them from happennig? Or, at least, does that stop you or the ones you care for from being touched by them? How does the tolkienian ideea of fighting the never-winning battle apply in real life? Does anyone enrol in it anymore? Is escapism a way of fighting?"
Lady Galadriel
Shield Bearer

Postby Terry D » Mon Nov 27, 2000 5:49 am

With cocooned security Orald walked in fuzzy dream slippers. The floppy, pink bunnies snuggled warmly, comforting the old one's sleepy feet. Somnambulistic meanderings took Orald to far-away havens. His widdle bunny slippers followed faithfully,.. prophylactically, the cocoon nurtured his soul in the warmth of seclusion. <BR><BR>Orald considered several alternative perspectives... The first, was a distinct rememberance of Father Tolkien's struggle to capture and create Frodo's quest in literary form. The horror of a World at War isolated the linguistic genius within limited bounds. Distinct walls of social, political and physical aspect encapsulated the divine writer in his English Hobbit hole. He continued to write. Was he ignoring the obvious fact that bombs, death, destruction raged in unrealistic horror, so close to his very door? Yet, within Tolkien's imagination the excellence of human endeavor was being crafted. Could Frodo and Gandalf have journeyed with such distinctive accuracy without the impetus of impinging doom of WW II, or, without the corresponding protective shell of an author's retreat? When writing the Fantasy Trilogy, did Father T. escape the terror of war? What influence did protective isolation provide? Could the depth of pain and the integrity of release, necessary to overcome "the orcs... packing their arms and getting close" have been achieved without a safe haven? <BR><BR>Orald contemplated a second focus. Clearly, he recalled the quixotic character that was his namesake. Tom Bombadil found safety in the Old Forest,.. preserved innocence with the integrity of continuing to believe in a more naive reality. Does Old Tom present one answer for the questioning Lady G.? Yes, I believe that the innocent sometimes have a protective aura. I have experienced such an affect. If one continues to concentrate on the "good things" and avoid accepting, completely deny, the reality of the evil, sometimes, not always, the vile evaporates and the pristine is preserved. Is it, as if, there are imperceptible forces that mitigate circumstance to the benefit of the "good"? Does one need to fight the wolves at the door to overcome their terrible influece? I think that sometimes it is wise to avoid direct confrontation with maurauding orcs. But, the secret is discovering when to fight or not....<BR><BR>A third focus intrigued Orald. We, all of us, even Tom Bombadil, partake in an incredible feast,.. we dance with divinity, we sup with devil. There are times to fight and times to sing of peace. Escapism can be a way of fighting, only if one is not the cause of the evil, or, one is not connected to causal agents. Howso? Can one be innocent of the circumstance one finds themselves in? Perhaps, yes. For, ultimately, innocence may be one's only haven....<BR><BR>Will avoiding paying the Piper, feeding the hungry wolf, or ignoring the cursing orc, somehow ultimately protect? Every day, all of us, ignore most of this world's tragedy! We isolate ourselves from "other's troubles" for, at least, one simple reason,.. one would be overwhelmed by the horror of pain and suffering! But, what of the terror that immediately threatens? There is a proper time to avoid confrontation and hope or sing or sleep through the onslaught with a sublime ignorance, an innocent haven, that by concentrating on the positive the negative will find a way to eliminate itself,.. sometimes one needs do nothing but continue to persevere with integrity,.. "the road goes ever on..."<BR><BR>A comfy sofa spoke softly to Orald. Its nest of cushions provided a cozy perch. Orald gently removed his bunny slippers. They hopped to rest on a multi-colored rug which provided an island of warmth for the sofa. A large fire crackled and danced in a snug hearth,.. Orald wished the best for his dear friend Lady G. He began to snore....
Terry D
Ringbearer

Postby Terry D » Tue Nov 28, 2000 12:29 pm

Bongo and Bango wobbled into the garden... they looked at the number and wondered if it was time for another Cocoon Exit??? 400 would be a nice round number!?!
Terry D
Ringbearer

Postby Lady Galadriel » Wed Nov 29, 2000 3:02 am

Lady Galadriel sat and pondered. Due to the long time available to her as an elf, she was all too inclined to pondering things and finding arguments just for the sake of the controversy. <BR><BR>First, it is true that Father T. found a refuge in Middle Earth, but he stil did send and he also encouraged his son on the field. <BR><BR>And second, what if Frodo, Gandalf, Aragorn and Theoden choose to ignore too, and went to live with Tom Bombadil. "In the end, he will fall too" said Elond.<BR><BR>So, escapism is a choice, but a personal one, and perhaps a rather selfish one. Is salvation valid if the only one saved is yourself? Can you go to Valinor in a silver boat knowing that the land you leave behind is aflame?<BR><BR>P.S. I am not in any actual trouble, just a little upset by some unfortunate circumstances which I did not create but am forced to live with. It is just that all this has started me thinking and I have extrapolated a little. All the same, the question is still troublesome...
Lady Galadriel
Shield Bearer

Postby Terry D » Wed Nov 29, 2000 6:56 am

A delicately crafted missive fluttered down on a billowing current of air. The soft, onion-skin paper held a message of agreement. Yes, was its only word....<BR><BR>Yes, meant, certainly one had to actively participate. Yes, also, meant that at certain times, if one is innocent, they can remain isolated from the inequities of life and somehow be protected from the raging orcs outside...<BR><BR>By the by, Lady G.,.. I have written most of my life, but, unfortunately, to date, I have never published anything,.. still a writer wanabee,.. merely an ex-Teacher and a present Computer Operator... dadgum trivialities seem to engross my time soooo much I can't seem to do what I want most... Quite a hideous expression of faltering manhood is meself!!!
Terry D
Ringbearer

Postby Lady Galadriel » Thu Nov 30, 2000 4:03 pm

Why haven't you (published, I mean)? Is it that you do not feel satisfied with your work? Perhaps you are afraid that many people, more inclined to judge than to savour, will be prodding your pages? From what I understood, T. himself wrote for his own pleasure, not for publishing, and just by mere accident The Hobbit landed into the hands of the publisher. <BR><BR>Sometimes you may be a better writter than you think you are...
Lady Galadriel
Shield Bearer

Postby Terry D » Sun Dec 03, 2000 10:14 am

I have always, since 4th grade, dreamed of becoming a published author,.. yet, Time, and preoccupation with the idiosycracies of Life have "distracted" me,.. I tried during the '80s to publish, but, that is another story.... I let too many opportunities pass me by... now, my Time is soooo 'crowded' that it is most difficult to get any time for myself!<BR><BR>My wife has an Embroidery/Gift store, we have 4 websites, and three teenage children!!! after I leave the University (5:00 A.M. - 1:45 M-Thur) my afternoons, and evenings are dominated with these responsibilities... very little time for writing!!!<BR><BR>Yow, I didn't realize the freedom of a single man's lifestyle, until this past decade. I did not get married 'til I was 41,.. then, overnight I was married and bought a home and had three kids!!! ZOW! Tha that was in 1991,.. I lost control of the TV, the car, my free time all in one fell swoop!!!<BR><BR>I did not have to get married, I was very content with my life, and I don't need people or things to make me happy... but, I met my best friend and let us say a most vivacious and gorgeous lover!!! Well, didn't meet her,.. I knew her most of my life. Our families knew each other since we were young. Her father worked with my grandfather. Well, I gave her little notice, she was always the little kid and I was interested in big kid stuff, hardly noticed her! But, when I got into my forties! Voila! We discovered that as the years pass, people tend to become closer in age! And the age difference became of no consequence! I am an extremely fortunate man!!!<BR><BR>Well, this is a rambling post... forgive me if I got off track,.. but I was in New Orleans last night,.. visiting my cousin! Rum and cokes and a great Time!!! It's a 1 hour drive back home,.. Got home at 3 A.M. and had to be at work at 8:00 this morning,.. veeerrrrryyyy tired! Kinda fazed out and my eyes and brain are in slow motion!!! I like sundays here though!!! Very quiet, I get to surf the net most of the day!!! And , often I am delighted because a particularly incredible Lady, usually finds time to surprise me, when I get back on Tolkien Online, I generally have a mini-hiatus from Thursday afternoon to Sunday morns...
Terry D
Ringbearer

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing: The Green Dragon Inn (Tolkien-Influenced Fantasy)