An Elvish Dream

This forum is for role-playing within settings that influenced Tolkien (non-Middle-earth). Acceptable styles include for Celtic, Norse, Kalevala, Arthurian, and Anglo-Saxon.

Postby Ruccus » Tue Oct 01, 2002 1:38 pm

<i>Tell me befoer you do that again.</i>said Ruccus in half annoyence and half surprise. He whispered to the boy,<i>I may not be able to climb or run, but i can jump. You need not haul me from tree to tree. But i see what you mean by they will take us to the others. They have already picked up another sent. Look!! there they go, away into the trees, over there!!</i><BR>With that Ruccus replaced his axe into its holster and srpang away into the next tree, in silent pursute of the Orcs.
Ruccus
Ranger of the North

Postby Alaklainiel » Tue Oct 01, 2002 2:22 pm

Firnnovien climbed back to the top of the tree where she saw that the orcs were moving in fast... but wait, there was something in the trees. Just behind the orcs the trees rustled in a ripple effect, SOMEONE WAS FOLLOWING THE ORCS!! She needn't have thought on it any longer before she swung herself down. They musn't see them, these people could be friend or foe, but she didn't want to take any chances. <BR><BR>Even at the tender age of seven she had the mind of a cunning fox and the agility of an eagle. She looked around the tree and realized that she had missed the perfect hiding spot, under the tree! Under the tree it was hollow and the roots were tight, all except for the north side of the tree. She pulled the woman down the tree showing her the hiding spot. Now to get the orcs of their trail.<BR><BR>"Tear me a piece of your clothing." Firnnovien demanded at the woman. The woman looked shocked being odered around by a seven year old but she did so reluctantly. Firnnovien also tore some cloth from her clothing. She tied it onto a rock, and when the orcs were about 20 feet away she through it as far as she could, making noise and still having some scent on it. It worked like a charm! Now for the others...
Alaklainiel
Shield Bearer

Postby Ruccus » Thu Oct 03, 2002 2:31 am

Ruccus loked up as he heard something go flying through the trees. <b>Clever girls</b>he thought. He saw the Orcs below him stop and sniff the air and then they made a cry in unison, and charged the spot where the noise had stopped. Ruccus smiled to hinmself and then sprang into the next tree, going in the opposite direction to the Orcs.<BR><b>I need to find them. They are introuble, if that was only a scout group, there must be a huge army around here somewhere. And if the Orcs wetre heading in that direction then the army has to be the other way, abnd they are running straight into it.</b>
Ruccus
Ranger of the North

Postby Blackheart » Thu Oct 03, 2002 10:48 am

<i>While the dwarf had been leaping through the trees Voreregion had clambered down as quickly as he could in front of the Orcs, he could tell from the direction that they were going, they were tracking something. He spotted the direction the clothing had came from and dived back into the trees, it was leading them away and he leapt after them, hopefully the dwarf could get the girls back to the camp. </i><BR><BR><i>He made a few heavy footsteps to stop the Orcs in front of him and launched several arrows into the middle of the Orc huddle. There was a slight flurry inside as he launched a few more and dived back into the trees. Their eyes followed him, they could see him. He leapt in a wide arc and they followed him, they stabbed wildly at the air, with no luck before he dove right over them. They lost him before he launched a few more arrows, the last of them fell, they had split up to search and more could be here any second.</i>
Blackheart
Citizen of Imladris

Previous

Return to Role Playing: The Green Dragon Inn (Tolkien-Influenced Fantasy)