An Elvish Dream

This forum is for role-playing within settings that influenced Tolkien (non-Middle-earth). Acceptable styles include for Celtic, Norse, Kalevala, Arthurian, and Anglo-Saxon.

Postby Blackheart » Sat Sep 07, 2002 4:32 pm

<i>The first lights of a new day were creeping into the darkness, shining brightly, making everything slightly blind. The light fell on a large forest, great wide leaves were spread across the ground and the trees were tall and thin, their trunks squashing together, so that so many could fit into one tiny space. The light moved across the trees like fire, making each droplet on their spiky leaves shimmer for a moment and then dwindle as the eye became used to the light. It shon so far until all the forest was covered and just visible, was a tall boy hidden slightly. His eyes were focussed forwards and his hands were gripped tightly onto a large bow made of wood much alike to the trees. His hair shon in the morning sunlight, glittering as though made entirely of fire itself, it was long and stretched long behind his back. His ears were just seen beneath the small amount of hair over them, pointing towards the sun, unlike a humans would normally. His eyes were dead set on one man in a small clearing and he carefully strung his bow with an arrow from the quiver strapped to his thin green jacket behind him. He waited for a short while, checking there was no one else there before unleashing the string and sending the arrow soaring through the air. It flew straight through the woodland, the red feather at the rear fluttering backwards until finally, with a crunch and a thwapp, it struck. </i><BR><BR><i>Immedietly, a burst of twigs fell from the back of the man and it fell apart in a flap of leaves and twigs. The boy smiled and began running nimbly along the branches, his feet were so light they harldy quivered beneath him and he was soon there, smiling to himself and he pulled his arrow from the wreckage and replaced it where it felt right in his quiver. Then, sitting down, he awaited the return of his friends from their hunting.</i>
Blackheart
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Alaklainiel » Sun Sep 08, 2002 5:56 pm

An arrow wizzed past Firnnoviens head with a woosh. Her sobs quieted for a second, she didn't know if she wanted to be found or not. She decided it depended on who it was. She looked around the corner of the great tree trunk and peered out at where the arrow had hit its prey. A boy about the age of 15 came and retrieved the arrow. She decided the boy looked kind so she started whimpering again, not quite as loudly as she had been though.<BR><BR>Her skin was rubbed raw from where her ripped tunic had cut into her side just above the wound that had almost cost her her life. It was just beginning to heal, though she hadn't eaten for days. Her pony lay in a heap beside her, exasted from the trip. He also had a wound but it too was almost healed. Her family had been attacked by orcs, and now she was left with nothing. She had escaped after one night of torture with her pony Fred.<BR><BR>She heard the boys footsteps clearly, her elven ears could pick up the slightest noise. The leaves crackled and then crunched. <i>Crackle, crunch, crackle, crunch.</i> She felt his eyes searching for her. She was now wondering wether she had made the right decision or not. What if he would hurt her? She just closed her eyes and waited for him to find her.<BR><BR>Fred heard him too. He whinnied loudly. Tears rolled down Firnnoviens cheeks. She had been through alot considering she was only seven, or at least she was seven from what she could remember. Her whimpering could no longer comfort her so she started to sob again, long, painful sobs, as if she was pouring out all the grief of her young life. <BR><BR>Her mother had always told her to not cry and be a big girl, but her mother wasn't here now... Just the thought of her family being tortured day and night by the orcs, She sobbed and sobbed. Then the footsteps stopped. She knew she had been found, at last.
Alaklainiel
Shield Bearer

Postby Blackheart » Tue Sep 10, 2002 10:20 am

<i>In seconds he burst out of the woodland behind her. He wrapped her own arrow around her neck and held it to make her strain. He kept her there, waiting until she stopped struggling.</i><BR><BR><i>Every footstep had been fake, the only real ones were those that meant he was taking the arrow. He had snuk up into the air with a handful of stones and dropped then from the treetops to fake footsteps while he prepared to drop from behind her and grasp her around the neck.</i><BR><BR><i>He kept her struggling for a little while, this should squeeze out what she was doing and why she tried to kill him. He left all his equipment at the fireside, he had no need for it.</i>
Blackheart
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Ruccus » Tue Sep 10, 2002 2:18 pm

A Dwarf was too, not far away. He was on a wolf. Not an Orc wolf, but one from the mountains. It was faithful, but it neeed no name, it was only The Pack. All wolves were one of the Pack. But this wolf, you could say was the leader, and therefore he was known as The Pack. All the Pack revolved around him. And they were not far away from him.Never were they far away from The Pack.<BR>He ahd been tracking a horse, for fun, rather than for anything else. the horse must have come a long way, judging by the hoof prints, it was tired, he reached the point where the rider, a woman, had dismounted and lead the horse.<BR><BR>He and the Pack came to the edge of the clearing and he settled himself into a bush. He made a sign to the Pack and all the wolves were, within minutes, miles away. He didn't need them again for the moment. He watched the figure. She looked like she was crying. He heard, but didn't see, something else in the trees and he heard the sound of an arrow hit a tree. He was even more curious. He stayed where he was and watched.
Ruccus
Ranger of the North

Postby Alaklainiel » Tue Sep 10, 2002 2:51 pm

Firnnovien screamed out in pain, immediately regreting her decision on letting himfind her. Her arrow was held at her neck, cutting off her supply of air.<BR><BR>" Pl..ease.. sir... I di..dn't me..an .. any harm..." she tried to choke out. She hoped that he would notice the brutal markings on her legs arms and face, also her pony had markings on its legs and face. Why couldn't he understand that she needed help?<BR><BR>The boy took a quick look over her and loosened his grip a little, but still said nothing. He seemed as though he was trying to decide if he could trust her or not. How would he feel threatened by a beat up weary seven year old elf? She had never done anything to harm anyone or anyting, mind you <i>he</i> didn't know that.<BR><BR>Firnnovien felt her heart slow to an abnormal pace, was he going to kill her? She tried to mutter something else but it didn't come out right. She gathered alll her strength for one last try to speak.<BR><BR>"I ... need ... your... help." She looked the boy straight in the eyes, hoping that he would see in her what she had been through. The torture, the loss, being alone at the sge of seven and trying to survive. She hoped that he would see exactly what she felt.
Alaklainiel
Shield Bearer

Postby Letora » Sat Sep 14, 2002 8:57 am

Miles away deep in the woods sat a an elf high and nolbe upon her steed Carna. She was beautiful in a mysterious way. Her long hair flowed down her body. One long braid flowed through the middle of her brown hair. <BR><BR>A scream caused her to turn her head. It was the scream of a child. Let alone an elven child. She whispered something faintly in elvish to her horse Carna. Instantly Carna began to speed through the trees. They holted before a large oak and watched as a boy thrust an arrow toward the elven girl's throat. <BR><BR>The girl said something and the boy pulled the arrow to where it was about an inch from her throat. She looked scared and young. SHe couldn't have been more then ten. This was odd for an elf so young to be out alone. She hadn't even grown to one quarter of her full height. Letora stared at her not moving toward her to help. At least she wouldn't help yet.
Letora
Ranger of the North

Postby Ruccus » Sun Sep 15, 2002 5:17 am

Ruccus watched the scene with interest. He would have expected the other elf to help. But hen he thought, what could this one do. She couldn't stop the arrow from flying about an inch to the child's throat. The boy had all the advantages, but for some reason he was not pressing them home.<BR><BR>Ruccus thought, miserable that he would have to try and help. He could see nothing the gilr had done apart form run away to a part of the forrest that this boy seemed to thinmk was his own. It wasn't her fault, after all. Justice was not being served.
Ruccus
Ranger of the North

Postby Blackheart » Sun Sep 15, 2002 7:26 am

<i>He looked around, noticing how trapped he was before letting the arrow drop and snap on a jagged rock. He was rather heavy-handed if truth be told. He waited for her to say something but he was too impatient to wait.</i><BR><b>Who are you then? Not an amazing hunter nor a brilliant markman, so what are you?</b><BR><i>He folded his arms and waited, he was only vaguely aware of the people around him, watching. Now they could find out exactly what she was, as would he.</i><BR><i>He had waited only a second before a raindrop landed in the small space between them. There were drips everywhere, surrounding them as they fell from the trees.</i>
Blackheart
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Alaklainiel » Sun Sep 15, 2002 1:24 pm

Firnnovien noticed the people that had surrounded as an audiance. She lifted her head to speak, but no words would come out. She looked around, at the woman on her horse. An elvish woman. She looked a little like her mother... she pushed the thoughts of her family out of her head.<BR><BR>" I come alone..." she whispered." My family is..." she didn't dare finish her scentence without getting to know these strange people first. For all she knew they could be muderurs just waiting to find another innocent family to kill, mind you they could only kill her family if they were still alive, which was doubtfull.<BR><BR>Firnnovien turned her head. Her straight dark brown hair swished silently with her head, acting as a veil and covering her tears so no one would see what a coward she was. The raindrops that were falling around her seemed to express what she was feeling. Her heart was crying, more than her eyes were.
Alaklainiel
Shield Bearer

Postby Ruccus » Mon Sep 16, 2002 2:54 am

Water ran down every thing. It dribbled down the dwarf's neck, but he didn't care. He felt rain many times, but it reinterated what was going on in his head. Memories poured through his veins and into his heart like the ice cold rain that was falling, just the same as it had done on that night...<BR>He shook himself and the memories faded from veiw. That didn't matter now. The interesting bit was what the girl was doing here. When he had tracked her, he had seen no pattern in her path. She had appeared not to know where she was going, or where she was. She just seemed to want to get there as quickly as possible.
Ruccus
Ranger of the North

Postby Blackheart » Tue Sep 17, 2002 10:32 am

<i>For the young man, the rain was pleasing, it could distract the eyes of the people surrounding him, there had to be more than those two, the girl had practically announced it because otherwise she wouldn't have even mentioned coming alone. But now he was starting to think there was a reason for her to be here.</i><BR><b>Turn around.</b> <i>he said, drawing a short stretch of rope from his pockets. He would ask questions once he was out of view from these people, he knew this forest well, a dwarf could never follow at the speed he would be going at and the other watcher he could trick by switching patterns near his goal.</i><BR><i>He looked over her head, losing concentration for a second, the steady smoke of a dead fire was rising into the air, his friends would have to wait.</i>
Blackheart
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Blackheart » Tue Sep 17, 2002 10:35 am

<i>For the young man, the rain was pleasing, it could distract the eyes of the people surrounding him, there had to be more than those two, the girl had practically announced it because otherwise she wouldn't have even mentioned coming alone. But now he was starting to think there was a reason for her to be here.</i><BR><b>Turn around.</b> <i>he said, drawing a short stretch of rope from his pockets. He would ask questions once he was out of view from these people, he knew this forest well, a dwarf could never follow at the speed he would be going at and the other watcher he could trick by switching patterns near his goal.</i><BR><i>He looked over her head, losing concentration for a second, the steady smoke of a dead fire was rising into the air, his friends would have to wait.</i>
Blackheart
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Alaklainiel » Tue Sep 17, 2002 11:18 am

Firnnovien turned around just like the boy had ordered. Tears stung her eyes and she bit her lip from crying out with sobs. How could a boy be so cruel? And why were those other two, the dwarf and elf lady, doing nothing about it? Were they all just as cruel as this boy. She was telling the truth...<BR><BR>"What about my pony..." She said trying to hide from him her fear.<BR><BR>She didn't want to leave her pony, it was her only loyal companion. Her pony lay on its side, brutally scared and beaten. She knew he would die if not taken care of properly and given some food. But then again so would she. She closed her eyes and hoped that this boy would somehow find a little bit of love in his heart and help her, and her pony.
Alaklainiel
Shield Bearer

Postby Blackheart » Wed Sep 18, 2002 11:09 am

<b>What's wrong with it?</b> <i>he asked while tying her hands behind her and wrapping the other end of the rope around his own wrist.</i><BR><b>Who hurt it, if it is badly injured we will have to leave it. Your friends could attack any minute.</b> <i>This he said out of the corner of his mouth, so that the others could not see his lips move or hear anything, not even an Elf.</i><BR><i>He knotted the rope around his wrist and pushed her lightly in front of him. The rain was getting harder.</i>
Blackheart
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Alaklainiel » Wed Sep 18, 2002 7:01 pm

" I don't have any friends!"she screamed at him with anger. " My pony is dieing because orcs ave tortured me and him for days. My family is still with the orcs and I am lucky that I escaped alive!" Tears were now pouring down her cheeks and she was very uncomfortable being pushed in front of this boy, her hands tied behind her with a rope.<BR><BR>She hoped that the truth would bring out some pity in him, that is if he believed her. Her dark brown hair swished as she walked, <i>swish, swish, swish.</i> She was usually quiet and shy, but desperate times called for desperate measures and if she wanted this ignorant boy to believe her she would have to be tough. She new playing the quiet shy girl wasn't going to help in this situation.<BR><BR>Firnnovien calle dout to her pony " PONY!!! Come on!! Come here!!!" he replied to her with a desperate tired whinney and her heart felt as though it had been ripped apart. "Please!" she cried over and over again, but her energy was running out. He cuts in her sides were stinging with pain and her legs couldn't carry her much longer, that she knew. Within two minutes she fell to the ground, exhasted. Everything went black and that was the last that she remembered.
Alaklainiel
Shield Bearer

Postby Blackheart » Thu Sep 19, 2002 10:50 am

<i>As soon as she began to fall, he began to run, with a downward motion and a grab he hoisted her under his arm and ran faster, going so fast the wood blurred behind him, he had easily outstripped the dwarf and the Wolf. Elves were much faster than and sort of animal, but the other Elf was a much different story, he twisted direction constantly until he finally stopped and let the girl down.</i><BR><i>He lit a small fire as he untied the rope, the rope was burning as he sat himself down beside her and lifted her head into the crook of his arm. He dribbled a little water from his bottle onto her face and into her mouth.</i>
Blackheart
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Alaklainiel » Thu Sep 19, 2002 2:44 pm

Firnnovien tasted the water in her mouth and felt some roll of her face. The few drops in her mouth cleansed her parched and sore throat as she greatfully accepted the water. She expected to see someone other than the boy when she opened her eyes, but she was mistaken. She lifted her drooping eyelids and stared up at the boy as if setting her eyes upon him for the first time. She didn't make a sound and she didn't dare move. She knew that he had untied her hands because the throbbing pain that had tortured her rists from the ropes was now gone.<BR><BR>She noticed that her pony was no where in sight but she decide not to mention it, considering right now he wasn't asking herdumb questions or tieing her up. Maybe the truth had done something to soften his heart?
Alaklainiel
Shield Bearer

Postby Letora » Thu Sep 19, 2002 6:55 pm

Letora looked satisfied when the boy finally became even the least bit leanient by giving the elf some water. She stared at them, he looked rough and unkept and so did she. For an elf she stunningly messy. Letora examined her own tidyness and was pleased with herself. Finally she stepped forward.<BR><BR>"You there," she called," why do an elf hostage?" She didn't like the fact that he didn't answer he immediatly, but she was in no hurry and waited until slowly with much consideration on the matter he replied to her question with an intelligent answer.
Letora
Ranger of the North

Postby Blackheart » Fri Sep 20, 2002 10:12 am

<i>She was wrong in thinking he wouldn't answer her question straight away, as he did, in a quite simple way, before she could see he had turned he shot an arrow, straight past her shoulder, looping into her clothes and dragging her back into the nearest tree. She was pinned down from the shoulder.</i><BR><BR><i>At first glance he seemed lethal, amazing accuracy for a human, and just as brilliant speed, it would be hard to think he was even a man.</i><BR><BR><i>He now decided to ignore the visitor, after gathering another piece of rope and tieing it around her wrists he turned to the young girl and sat across from her, the fire between them.</i><BR><b>Now, why did you attack me?</b>
Blackheart
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Alaklainiel » Sat Sep 21, 2002 8:14 am

"I did not mean to scare you sir... I only wished that you would help me. I haven't eaten for three days and my wounds are in terrible pain. They need treating and my pony is dying. I told you it was the orcs that did this to us... My family is still with them." Firnnovien was much calmer now but her eyes were stil brimming with tears. She didn't like being angry and decided that anger would not solve anything in this case only make it worse.<BR><BR>She stared deep into the boys eyes. He seemed a man, but there was something different about him. She had seen it before, kind of like her father... She looked away at the thought of her father and the tears started rolling. Her wrists were now tied together again, and they were aching with pain. She hoped this boy would untie her soon. She needed help, her wounds were getting infected.
Alaklainiel
Shield Bearer

Postby Blackheart » Mon Sep 23, 2002 12:35 pm

<i>He shook his head and dropped it.</i><BR><b>Your pony is dead, if I would have tried to save it we would both have perished. There are more than just Orcs in these woods.</b><BR><i>He poured a little water on the fire and it died quickly.</i><BR><b>I suggest you rest now, I will keep guard. Here.</b><BR><i>He threw her a battered old grey cloak he had hidden beneath a large rock. He had obviously been here much before.</i>
Blackheart
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Ruccus » Thu Sep 26, 2002 12:52 pm

Ruccus stood in the centre of the clearing, long after the others had gone. The rain still fell harder than ever and sheets of water soaked him right to his rough hune skin.<BR><BR>Then he pulled his axes from their houlsters. He clashed them and drove one deep into the chest of an orc that had been creeping up behind him. There was a cry and then orcs rushed from the trees surrounding him. He chopped and swiped and heads, bodies and legs. He diped and dodged. The pile of Orcs mounded up under his feet and then he saw the Black Urucks (sp) and he ran. He ran until his veins pumped acid and his lungs were flat, then he ran some more.
Ruccus
Ranger of the North

Postby Blackheart » Fri Sep 27, 2002 11:48 am

<i>The Uruks had been creeping towards them for a long time, this was only a small scout group heading towards the town, but he would not let them get there.</i><BR><i>Vereregion was waiting in the treetops, as the dwarf ran by a great flood of Uruks followed, they were going to make sure no one survived.</i><BR><i>He shot down onto the oncoming Uruks, with arrows three at a time, the Uruks were packed so tightly together that every single one of them managed to hit something. He leapt down before them and they turned towards him, but he was back in the treetops quickly. All types of Orc had weaknesses, most were stupid but these climbed after him. He cut a branch with his knife and the Uruks fell, four more arrows fell onto the Uruks, the dwarf would have escaped by now.</i>
Blackheart
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Ruccus » Sat Sep 28, 2002 5:51 am

Ruccus was not what you would call fast on his feet and knew the Orcs were. He had expected the thunder of their boots around him with in seconds, but all he heard was the cry as Orcs fell. He could not help it. He stopped and turned round, and watched with amazement as the orcs died, one at a time, or a few at the same time.<BR><i>What the..?</i>he started to say to himself, but at that moment, a black dart whistled past him, and reminded him that he was still in danger. He turned again and ran some more.<BR>And blunder straight into a camp.
Ruccus
Ranger of the North

Postby Letora » Sat Sep 28, 2002 10:12 am

THis boy had had one fault in tying her up. He had tied her hands in front of her body. She stood there watching the battle and striving to unty her hands. Finally she succeeded. She whipped her hands up and pulled out the arrow freeing herself from the tree. The boy was now up in a tree and the young elven girl laid on the ground. Letora ran forward grabbing up the girl in both hands running for the nearest tree. She jumped up into the tree and begant o try and awaken the girl.
Letora
Ranger of the North

Postby Blackheart » Sat Sep 28, 2002 2:18 pm

<i>He returned to the camp, seeing only the dwarf he sighed.</i><BR><b>Get up and hurry, this is only a scout group and we have to leave here still, we must take them from the trees.</b><BR><i>He looked across to see the girl gone, aswell as Letora, of all the stupid things to do they had left now, when they knew it would be dangerous, but then again, desperate men do desperate things.</i><BR><b>Faster faster,</b> <i>he yelled while gathering his cloak. Those two could get caught easily alone, he had to find them, and with a dwarf that would be hard work.</i>
Blackheart
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Alaklainiel » Sat Sep 28, 2002 3:35 pm

Firnnovien was awoken in the tree tops and stared deep into the elvish woman's eyes. "You saved me." Firnnovien said in disbelief. She knew that someone would help her but there were Uruks coming fast. She could sense those kind of things. Her mind was set on staying with this woman, though she hoped that boy would be all right. She was incredibly strong for a seven year old and swung heself up to the top of the tree and looked out at the surrounding forest.<BR><BR>She spotted the Uruks on top of a small hill about half a mile away. "We must be moving quickly" she called down to the elvish woman."And by the way," she said in a softer tone, climbing down the tree trunk. "What is you name?" A thoughtful look crossed Firnnoviens face and she turned her head to one side, like she always did when she was wondering about something. Her dark brown hair fell softly onto her shoulders as she straightened her head and cursed her childish ways.
Alaklainiel
Shield Bearer

Postby Blackheart » Mon Sep 30, 2002 1:06 pm

<i>Voreregion had gone ahead and was waiting in the treetops, he could hear rustling, but he had no idea where it was coming from. He was stood on tiptoe on a thick branch high up but still able to look down, it was getting dark now. He drew his knife and looked down, the Orcs had split up, no doubt smelling the dwarf. With a deep breath he waited, and waited.</i><BR><BR><i>He leapt as quietly as a mouse right down behind the Orcs, they turned clumsily, looking for him in the pitch black, with a groan one fell, blood spraying from it's neck. The Orcs grabbed hold of what weapons they had and stood back to back, looking with what they could see. A large leaf shifted and a ray of moonlight crept down onto the scene, just visible was Voreregion with four arrows notched. He let them go and leapt back into the treetops as it grey dark again.</i>
Blackheart
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Ruccus » Tue Oct 01, 2002 3:44 am

Ruccus was a dw3arf. He had night vision. It came from spending most of his existence under the ground in a mine of forge.<BR>He watched the Orcs shift from foot to foot. They were not scraed, but wary of what was around them.<BR>He knew they could smell him but they couldn't put two and two togther to make 5 let alone 4. He couldn't move fast running but he was fast with his arms and axe.<BR>The Orcs were arranged in a circle, and Ruccus dived forward rolled, landed on one knee, made a viscious swing in one direction, severing the legs of two Orcs, just above the knees. The cries of these two distracted the others, they had lost their focus on their vigial against the boy and the Dwarf.<BR> Ruccus rolled back out of arms length and got ready for another attack.<BR><b>Pick them off, one by one. That's the way.</b>
Ruccus
Ranger of the North

Postby Blackheart » Tue Oct 01, 2002 10:19 am

<i>Voreregion dived down from the tree, landing just behind the dwarf and sending two arrows over his shoulder at the backs of the Orcs facing away. </i><BR><b>Now we do, but not others. We must find the others.</b><BR><i>He leapt again into the air and drew his knife, swinging it at another Orc which had charged at him, it swung at him wildly, with no real idea where it was attacking. Voreregion whipped up and stabbed into his chin, with blood spraying out of its neck.</i><BR><b>Wait, I have an idea.</b><BR><i>He leapt back and grabbed hold of the dwarf around the waist, with a great heave he pulled him up into a tree.</i><BR><b>Now wait, they may lead us to the girls.</b> <i>he whispered.</i>
Blackheart
Citizen of Imladris

Next

Return to Role Playing: The Green Dragon Inn (Tolkien-Influenced Fantasy)